Vannin' Home
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 04th 2011 8:22 pm
About 75% done w/ undercoating..scuffed off surface rust,hit it w/ a rust inhibiter then the rubber spray..touched up exhaust w/ceramic header paint..(notice straight pipe 3")has nice lil roar when ya get on it..hehee
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: lukester Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 1:55 am
Looking real good.
Let me know when your coming to do my vans. grin
Posted By: c1run1 Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 2:03 am
cool at least you took care of the rust and not try to hide it .
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 2:11 am
What the hell,we'll make a weekend of it..ure only right up the road,,lol...
Originally Posted by lukester
Looking real good.
Let me know when your coming to do my vans. grin
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 2:18 am
Yea man ,,the rot issue isnt a major player being in fla .(no salty winter roads).but rust never sleeps .. thought I would do what I could to stop it..I wanna keep this thing for awhile ..
Originally Posted by c1run1
cool at least you took care of the rust and not try to hide it .
Posted By: wookee Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 2:24 am
Actually that rubberized spray undercoat does more harm that good.
It will actually hold the water quicker and longer than a painted surface can.......

........Wookee
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 3:26 am
How about painting the rubber suface w/ paint? for an extra layer of protection...
Originally Posted by wookee
Actualloy that rubberised spray undercoat does more harm that good.
It will actually hold the water quicker and longer than a painted surface can.......

........Wookee
Posted By: wookee Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 3:56 am
Why would you need to paint a rubber surface??

In the early 80's I used to repair sea containers.We painted the new formed steel cross members with spay can under coat.
One of the companies complained.We had to stop using it because the new cross members where rusting so bad.
we switched to a paint and the problems stopped.
spending months on a ship in salty sea air is allot harsher that the rust your van will encounter......rust is rust none the less......

........Wookee
Posted By: aftoyboy Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 4:08 am
I thought about doing straight pipe or glass pack, but I don't know which will sound best. I like it loud but I also like a good subtle tone. I'll have to play with it and see what happens, gotta love return policies.
Posted By: wookee Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 4:21 am
straight out the back will allow exhaust to be sucked into the pop out rear windows.....

......Wookee
Posted By: Ram4ever Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 4:23 am
Shaggon Vaggon, does that ceramic header spray paint hold up pretty well? It sure looks nice!

And hey, that's really interesting Wookee!

Out of curiosity, were those shipping container cross members painted first, then undercoated, or was the undercoating applied straight to bare metal?

I'm thinking the salty, slushy, winter roads in the northern climates may not be so different than the environment the containers were in when you consider how infrequently most folks wash the huge underneath of their vans. Especially if the van's not garage parked so that there's high humidity and condensation.

I've often thought the spray can stuff provided mixed results, especially with the way it seems to foam up, so I've been using a very dense brush-on type made by Transtar. It's held up very well for several years so far. I'll have to monitor it more closely, not that I ever intend to purposefully drive my van in any snow!

Posted By: lukester Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 4:26 am
straight out the back will allow exhaust to be sucked into the pop out rear windows.....

......Wookee

yeah
I had this problem on one of my old vans I owned.Reran it to in front of the rear tires.
Posted By: wookee Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 4:29 am
Bare 3/16 steel.Coated with large spray cans of rubberised undercoat.....
The company used to buy that JUNK by the cases.

.......Wookee
Posted By: I_am_new Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 6:28 am
lots of good info here, alot to think about too
Posted By: maples01 Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 7:26 am
Straight pipes out the back will help locate if the back door gaskets leak too, guess how I know. LoL
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 10:45 am
Hi ya man ,,here's a video of my van from thr guy i bought it from ..he starts it up ,,so ya can get an idea..it's really not that loud..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9edgQeQBCig
Originally Posted by aftoyboy
I thought about doing straight pipe or glass pack, but I don't know which will sound best. I like it loud but I also like a good subtle tone. I'll have to play with it and see what happens, gotta love return policies.
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 10:52 am
goto youtube ,,put in "chevy g20.dv",,sorry about the link..
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 05th 2011 11:08 am
Originally Posted by Ram4ever
Shaggon Vaggon, does that ceramic header spray paint hold up pretty well? It sure looks nice!

Hiya ram,,can says up to 500 degrees..I put it on then drove an hour later for about 20mi no problems...
Posted By: draggnastro Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 06th 2011 5:51 pm
looks good so far!
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 06th 2011 11:54 pm
THANX MAN!!!
Originally Posted by draggnastro
looks good so far!
Posted By: aftoyboy Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 07th 2011 12:15 am
Man, that DOES sound great! I guess I'll go the cheap route and do straight pipe before the wheel. If only Vegas didn't have these emissions crap I'd put straight dual pipes with glass packs and shorty headers on it and cut off the cats! i like it LOUD. But I think this will do just fine. Thanks man!
Posted By: wookee Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 07th 2011 8:17 am
shaggon wagon.
edit your post and use the full reply screen.
click onto the word wide web button(little world with a chain copy your link there ,name it and it will show up in your thread........

nice conversion van.Are the graphics paint or decals ?
I really like that style of Hi top.......

........Wookee
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 08th 2011 2:05 am
thanx wookee,,stripes on topper are decals,three tone paint,however who ever had this van before me kept fresh coat of wax on it, or garaged it ..the paint is in great shape for being over 20 yrs old.. van
shaggon wagon.
edit your post and use the full reply screen.
click onto the word wide web button(little world with a chain copy your link there ,name it and it will show up in your thread........

nice conversion van.Are the graphics paint or decals ?
I really like that style of Hi top.......

........Wookee
Posted By: chevyvan93 Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 08th 2011 5:04 am
Really nice van.
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 09th 2011 3:07 am
THANX MAN!! grin
Originally Posted by chevyvan93
Really nice van.
Posted By: Bandvan Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 09th 2011 3:16 am
You have a very clean conversion. I really dig the way the exhaust dumps in front of the rear tires. Its def not the first time I've seen it but it looks real sharp with the angle and the tips. A subtle cue to suggest that this van is not as stock as it seems. What do yo have hooked up to those pipes, Flows?

edit: totally missed the part about it being straight piped from the cat. Badass!

Was the tint something you personally did or did some tinting guru work his magic for you? If you did it even more props to you, because it looks great. Blacking out the windows in a conversion really changes the attitude I think. Add rims and they start to look mean!
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 09th 2011 4:18 pm
thanx man..yea I did the tint,,thinkn of blackn out the stock rimz till i can get something more flashy..the motor is a stock 350,,runs great!!
Originally Posted by Bandvan
You have a very clean conversion. I really dig the way the exhaust dumps in front of the rear tires. Its def not the first time I've seen it but it looks real sharp with the angle and the tips. A subtle cue to suggest that this van is not as stock as it seems. What do yo have hooked up to those pipes, Flows?

edit: totally missed the part about it being straight piped from the cat. Badass!

Was the tint something you personally did or did some tinting guru work his magic for you? If you did it even more props to you, because it looks great. Blacking out the windows in a conversion really changes the attitude I think. Add rims and they start to look mean!
Posted By: Bandvan Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 09th 2011 9:58 pm
Black rims would look sick on this truck....DO IT!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 09th 2011 10:05 pm
Originally Posted by Bandvan
Black rims would look sick on this truck....DO IT!

yes they would shift
Posted By: GhostRyder Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 09th 2011 10:33 pm
have to disagree , i hate black rims lol
Posted By: lukester Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 10th 2011 4:32 am
Originally Posted by GhostRyder

yeah

It seems like everyone is rolling on black wheels from little cars to 4X4's. rolleyes
Posted By: GhostRyder Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 10th 2011 4:36 am

yeah

It seems like everyone is rolling on black wheels from little cars to 4X4's. rolleyes

yeah
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 11th 2011 4:08 pm
.Well heres the first step to transforming the rimz..taking off the silver paint on cntr caps..why would someone paint over the chrome?!?!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: josh_performanceinc Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 11th 2011 9:28 pm
Originally Posted by SHAGGON_VAGGON
.Well heres the first step to transforming the rimz..taking off the silver paint on cntr caps..why would someone paint over the chrome?!?!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A lot of wheels have clear over chrome to make it last longer. Are you sure it's not just faded clear paint? They look great though now that you cleaned them up!
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 11th 2011 10:50 pm
Thanx man,,it looked like silver paint just on the flange part,nothing my wifes acetone didnt take care of.. yay

well heres the finished product~~BLACK RIMZ~~
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 12th 2011 9:16 pm
lookin good!
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 12th 2011 11:56 pm
Thanx man,,its really comin along..I'm kickin myself in the a$$ for not gettin a van sooner...its a blast..just cant stop doing stuff to it..very addicting... crazy
Posted By: aftoyboy Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 13th 2011 1:15 am
Good to see you're having fun workin' on the ride. If I may make a small suggestion, the black rims look great but there is still something missing from it and I think it would be white wall tires, you know the 3 inch wide white walls

http://store.cokertire.com/tire-sty...16-american-classic-2-1-8-whitewall.html

Something like those! (not specific sizes) But I really think they would have a great look with a set of WW's!

Just my 2 franks.
Posted By: lukester Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 13th 2011 2:28 am
As much as I don't like black wheels,these look really good.The bright trim ring and center caps make them pop.
Posted By: draggnastro Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 13th 2011 3:29 am
I think some nice white letters would make it look nice. Rims look good though.
Posted By: josh_performanceinc Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 13th 2011 8:27 pm
Originally Posted by draggnastro
I think some nice white letters would make it look nice. Rims look good though.

yeah agreed! cool
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 14th 2011 12:11 am
I'm definitely going w/ some fatty tires next go around .. shift chevy
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 18th 2011 10:33 pm
Did a little decorating,,I welded this up about ten years ago,I got bored at work one day and welded about six or seven lil plates together then grinded it smooth and put the chevy on it..I sprayed it w/clear way back then ,,still has yet to rust on me..lol.. chevy
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: lukester Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 19th 2011 3:24 am
Very cool....
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 19th 2011 10:16 pm
Thank you sir.... cheers
Very cool....
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 27th 2011 2:38 am
Latest toyz installed...tom tom gps...sony radio...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: I_am_new Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 27th 2011 2:41 am
I have that same radio in my e-350 and love it!! but it beeps when i shut the van off
Posted By: GhostRyder Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 27th 2011 2:42 am
nice job
Posted By: GhostRyder Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 27th 2011 2:44 am
Originally Posted by I_am_new
I have that same radio in my e-350 and love it!! but it beeps when i shut the van off

turn the unit off , then press and hold the volumne button , until the clock setting appears , then turn it until warning tone shows up then i think press the volumne to turn off the warning tone , i think thats how it works .
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 27th 2011 2:46 am
yea man ,,first time it did that ,,freaked me out,,,lol...it's a great bang for the buck...
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 27th 2011 2:47 am
thank you sir.. cool
nice job
Posted By: Galaxy Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 27th 2011 6:23 pm
Nice job on the install, looking good!
I had a GPS on this years wish list, but I guess I wasn't a good enough boy. lol
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 27th 2011 7:22 pm
Man that interior is SweeeeeeeeeeeeeeT!!!!!!!

Richard
Posted By: GhostRyder Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 27th 2011 10:51 pm

turn the unit off , then press and hold the volumne button , until the clock setting appears , then turn it until warning tone shows up then i think press the volumne to turn off the warning tone , i think thats how it works .

now that ive thought about it , i dont think this will work on sony , thats how a pioneer works.
Posted By: I_am_new Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 28th 2011 12:23 am

now that ive thought about it , i dont think this will work on sony , thats how a pioneer works.

haha thanks for trying to help any ways
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 28th 2011 12:43 am

haha thanks for trying to help any ways [/quote]

yeah cool
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - December 28th 2011 12:47 am
Thanx man,,this van was in pretty nice shape when I got it,,,now I just have to tweek it abit.. chevy
Originally Posted by FinallyaVanner
Man that interior is SweeeeeeeeeeeeeeT!!!!!!!

Richard
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - January 11th 2012 10:29 pm
Well as some allready know I broke two studs and my power steering bracket,,just wanted to put a before and after pics in this thread...
before=[Linked Image]

after=[Linked Image]
Posted By: draggnastro Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - January 12th 2012 8:17 pm
Thats better.
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - January 15th 2012 8:36 am
That's the same piece? If it is you did a great job maken' it look new. Cool you could get it done to get it back on the road. Sucks you had to go through it all in the first place.

Richard
Posted By: wookee Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - January 15th 2012 2:20 pm
Nice looking repair job on the bracket.
Good to hear you are back on the road again.

..........Wookee
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - January 15th 2012 8:40 pm
yea thats the old bracket...and thanx for the compliments guyz.. cheers
Originally Posted by FinallyaVanner
That's the same piece? If it is you did a great job maken' it look new.
Richard
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - April 12th 2012 12:21 am
Put in leds third brake lights with each side hooked up to blinkers..
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: lukester Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - April 12th 2012 3:19 am
Looks good.
Hope to see you and your van at the Beverly vannin in a few weeks cheers
Posted By: draggnastro Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - April 12th 2012 4:51 am
looks good!
Posted By: relaxedvanner Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - April 12th 2012 11:54 am
That looks like the Sony deck I just installed as well. I really like it, and mine beeps too when the power is shut off. Your van is looking really good.
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - April 12th 2012 12:17 pm
Thanx guyz,,I think the a/c is next on the list..
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - June 19th 2012 3:08 pm
I've been slacking on this upgrade thread....Here's some pics of the latest..new rear cam and monitor ..and customized this little table and tray,,I glued the tray on the table and sprayed it with this stone paint ,then clear coat...then I got a roll of this diamond plate rubber matt.cut it in to size.works out good for the traffic in and out of the van.(kids)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: draggnastro Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - June 19th 2012 3:56 pm
cool.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - June 19th 2012 4:03 pm
Very Sweet
Posted By: lukester Re: ~~SHAGGON VAGGON UPGRADE UPDATES~~ - June 20th 2012 1:31 am
Very nice.
© Vannin' Community and Forums