Vannin' Home
Posted By: Virtual New Johnny Lightning ? - November 22nd 2010 4:10 am
Was perusing some blogs and came across this:

[Linked Image]

Anyone here anything about it ? It's suppose to be in Toys R Us and Publix. The post was made in Sept: http://dirtydonnyart.blogspot.com/
Posted By: beeper Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - November 22nd 2010 4:40 am
that is sweet were did u get that.
Posted By: on the road Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - November 22nd 2010 6:17 am
Not a lot of info to go on...We need to invite this guy to c of c...
Posted By: on the road Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - November 22nd 2010 6:26 am
Did a little research...it is casting number 399 in a series called JL 2.0. Part of release 4 scheduled for November 2010. Also in this release is a Hudson Hornat done up in Nascar style-No. 91 on the side, a 57 Chevy Hearse, and a 63 Galaxie done in police colors with a light on the roof.

I have only seen releases in the stores that they say are scheduled for April. There are a lot of 50 Chev panel trucks coming, too.
Posted By: maples01 Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - November 22nd 2010 8:31 am
Sweet, I like that one a lot.
Posted By: Virtual Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - November 22nd 2010 1:11 pm
Dirty Donny has done work for Vans (shoes) on a t-shirt as well as other van related artwork Ed Roth style. It was actually our own Jay Cruz weho opened the door for Donny at JL. So you just never know who may show up at the CofC.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dakota_Belgium Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - November 22nd 2010 2:32 pm
According to this site, the Van should be released in december
Posted By: Denim Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - November 22nd 2010 2:49 pm
Very cool!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - November 22nd 2010 3:17 pm
Been looking online but not find anything on it for sale. It is listed under the JL website.
http://collector.johnnylightning.com/products/jl_2.0/index.asp

Nobody has them on Ebay so guess they are not that readily available yet. Was in a Toy's R Us on Saturday and did not see any. Will keep looking.
Posted By: VanManDan Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - November 22nd 2010 3:37 pm
That would make a nice series of vans! something like the boogie vans series. Very nice!
Posted By: Galaxy Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - November 22nd 2010 4:51 pm
Was there ever a 'vantastic' ?
Or is it just a artist rendering? Cool graphics either way.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - November 22nd 2010 5:22 pm
I remember a Capt Vantastic back in the 80's
Posted By: Virtual Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - November 22nd 2010 5:37 pm
That's the one I remember too Wiz, an early that was themed after the Elton John album. I'm sure there were plenty of Vantastic's but the name was just a bit too obvious for most.
When the Boogie Vans first came out they were pretty cool, but with this one they have taken it all one step further. I'll be keeping this one once I find it.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - November 22nd 2010 5:41 pm
Yep,A early Chev smile
Posted By: Virtual Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - November 26th 2010 10:43 pm
Always interesting reading on the Vandoleros blog

Here's what you will be looking for on the racks. Still not sure if this is available yet.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: nautic1 Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - November 26th 2010 11:08 pm
Now those are cool. The hunt begins.
Posted By: on the road Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - December 24th 2010 1:21 am
They are out! Steve Ashley found one at TRU near St Louis, and I spotted the rest of the release at a TRU today.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - December 24th 2010 3:32 am
What is Tru?
Posted By: zotvan Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - December 25th 2010 12:21 am
Toys`r`us
Posted By: on the road Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - December 25th 2010 12:34 am
I found them today...very cool!
I FOUND & BOUGHT THE ONLY ONE THEY HAD AT TOY'R'US LAST NIGHT. I DID NOT PLAN ON GOING THERE BUT WENT FOR SOMETHING ELSE. ANY STORE IA AM AT WE HAVE TO CHECK THE TOY AISLE. LAST WEEK WE WERE IN WALMART IN OKLA BUT DIDN'T FIND ANYTHING THERE BUT HAVE TO LOOK.
Posted By: Rev_Don Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - December 25th 2010 1:28 am
Originally Posted by nautic1
Been looking online but not find anything on it for sale. It is listed under the JL website.
http://collector.johnnylightning.com/products/jl_2.0/index.asp

Nobody has them on Ebay so guess they are not that readily available yet. Was in a Toy's R Us on Saturday and did not see any. Will keep looking.

The Malibu cracked me up! Most of the Malibu's I see here around Detroit look exactly like that!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - December 25th 2010 4:21 am
Originally Posted by zotvan
Toys`r`us

Duh why didn't I think of that. I need sleep. Wish they had them around us. All they have is this little TRU mini store in our mall for Christmas. Place has nothing in it. Closest one to me is 40 miles. Guess I need to do a road trip.
I will buy any more that I find but with my luck this will probably be the only one in Topeka..lol
Posted By: 66NODOOR Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - December 26th 2010 3:24 am
Walked in the local TRU, bought the only two they had. They were putting them on shelf when I got there.
Man that is good luck there.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - December 26th 2010 11:48 pm
yeah
Posted By: nautic1 Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - January 09th 2011 3:20 am
Well I am now sitting on 14 of these.
Posted By: MrCSM Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - January 09th 2011 6:38 pm
Originally Posted by zotvan
Toys`r`us

Duh why didn't I think of that. I need sleep. Wish they had them around us. All they have is this little TRU mini store in our mall for Christmas. Place has nothing in it. Closest one to me is 40 miles. Guess I need to do a road trip.

Poor Phil.. frown There are 4 Toy's R' Us's within 40 miles of me! lol Oh..and 3 of those minit TrU outlet stores too! Good thing I don't care about collecting toys anymore! Well...kinda don't care....ok I kinda care but I don't go looking for them. Unless I happen to need groceries or stuff at Target or Walmart!
Posted By: Superbeast Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - January 11th 2011 2:45 pm
Well I am now sitting on 14 of these.

Bring one to Freeze out for me please!
Posted By: Beast_Lee Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - January 20th 2011 10:32 pm
Mine came in the mail the other day, very sweet & well done... I also got the hearse...

cool cool cool
Posted By: on the road Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - January 21st 2011 1:46 am
Keep an eye out for the White Lightning version...It has white wheels and chassis! Supposed to be limited to 10% of production..
Posted By: nautic1 Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - January 21st 2011 4:15 am
Went through all the ones I got and did not have one.
Posted By: c1run1 Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - January 22nd 2011 1:46 am
thats really neat .. i have a few but not that one .
Posted By: chevyvan93 Re: New Johnny Lightning , Vantastic by Dirty Donny - January 27th 2011 5:31 am
Got mine today from walmart, only had 1
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - January 27th 2011 8:50 am
I found me one. . .
Posted By: Charley Olenak Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - January 27th 2011 8:46 pm
I got one of the new Johninford 77 ford van coming in the mail,,,, Charley
Posted By: Charley Olenak Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - January 27th 2011 8:47 pm
My comp is up sorry
Posted By: Charley Olenak Re: New Johnny Lightning ? - January 27th 2011 8:50 pm
What said is not working right sorry
© Vannin' Community and Forums