Vannin' Home
Posted By: cybervanner I made my Astro sound like a Honda - January 05th 2001 4:49 am
Well, at least the starter that is. I got one of those awesome high-torque starters out of the JEG's catolog because I've gotten sick of replacing Delco starters ever 70K miles. This little starter is awesome, it's quick, it's quiet, and it's smooth! What little sound it does make though is a high-pitched whine that sounds similar to a Honda or Toyota motor starting up...that is till the rumble of my flowmasters kicks in! [Linked Image]

I make this recommendation to anybody...and will have makes and models posted on my web page soon!

Posted By: Astro Re: I made my Astro sound like a Honda - January 05th 2001 11:51 am
I was thinking about doing that same swap if and when I have to do the starter again.

Let me know when you post the info.

Posted By: Vanner68 Re: I made my Astro sound like a Honda - January 06th 2001 2:41 am
HHHhhhmmmmm......I always thought those hi-torque starters sounded like Chrysler's.....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I made my Astro sound like a Honda - January 06th 2001 10:09 am
What year do you have? The starter on my last 4.3 V6(95) came with a small high toque starter from the factory,its on my V8 now,,still working fine even with the added heat from the headers..and its quiet,,might be worth looking into ,,should work fine on the earlier V6s.

------------------
1990 LSC S\E (main vehicle)
best et 12.101
best mph 115.3
best 60 ft 1.77
1988 Astro Cargo Van (work vehicle)
14.7@91.75
1988 Tbird Turbocoupe (Race vehicle)
Hot Rod Lincoln Organization
WWW.HOTRODLINCOLN.ORG
Hot Rod Lincoln Forum
www.fordvschevy.com