Vannin' Home
Posted By: HomeBrew -=[NGV]=- Toga-Truckin! Sept. 14,15,16 2012 Medina, oHIo - December 05th 2011 4:08 pm

Next Generation Vanners - Toga-Truckin! Sept 14-16 2012 Medina, oHIo

We survived last year, so we are going to try it again! We have a theme and we have a data.
Need to confirm with the Venue again, but we should be good to go.

September 14, 15, and 16th 2012 in Medina, oHIo! It's TOGA-TRUCKIN time!!!!

[Linked Image]

I'll get a flyer up after I lock the venue in.
Sounds like Fun

Confirmed with the Venue! It's happening! Same gig as last year. Gates Open Offically at Noon on Friday, but early arrivals Thursday afternoon/evening are fine.

More news as it breaks....

Link to full size PDF version of the flyer. Clicky-Clicky!

and a screen shot of the flyer:

[Linked Image]
This is great news kids!
We had a great time at the first one!

Now, where is that toga of mine--
haven't had it out in many years--
I think C of C in VA Beach was the last time---

Originally Posted by Suzie-BGfNY-IN

Now, where is that toga of mine--
haven't had it out in many years--
I think C of C in VA Beach was the last time---

Just grab a doily! lol
Cool 2 weeks after Butler,we should be there this year.
Had a hell of a time last year, looking forward to it!
DeManda_BGV Welcome to the site....
Bump.

We are still taking pre-reg’s grin
[Linked Image]
Posted By: HomeBrew Re: Next Generation Toga Party - June 25th 2012 5:56 pm
Thanks!

Clicky Clicky
Posted By: Misty Re: Next Generation Toga Party - June 30th 2012 7:39 am
Thank you and might go. laugh

Wrapping up the details…

Trophies should arrive Monday, dash plaques, and patches in the works. We rounded up most of the materials for the different games…..still need a handful of things (best part was doing test runs with the games, hehe). Having a local food vendor this year; he seemed really curious about the event. Several bands confirmed, waiting on the stragglers to confirm (or not) and then I can publish the lineup.

Thank you to everyone who has sent in a Pre-Reg. Those help a lot!

…stay tuned…
WE will be there smile a great show!!! and awesome games and food smile
If I can get off work I'd love to go to this and then hit Keystone
Might make it this year got a week between our events. yay
Confirmed bands for the Toga-Truckin 2012 (no specific order):
Cheyne-Stokes, Hambone Jambone, Our First Last Chance, PHESTUR, Punching Moses, and Culture Shock.
Confirmed bands for the Toga-Truckin 2012 (no specific order):

Cheyne-Stokes, Hambone Jambone, Our First Last Chance, PHESTUR, Punching Moses, and Culture Shock.
Well how about that, it was in in some kind of order. lol

Current Band lineup for the Toga-Truckin

[FRIDAY] (9/14)
• 8:00-9:30 Cheyne-Stokes
• 10:00-TBD Hambone Jambone

[SATURDAY] (9/15)
• 6:00-7:00 Our First Last Chance
• 7:30-8:30 PHESTUR
• 9:00-10:00 Punching Moses
• 10:30-TBD Culture Shock
Posted By: SFS60 Re: -=[NGV]=- Toga-Truckin! Sept. 14,15,16 2012 Medina, oHIo - September 06th 2012 2:47 pm
Change of plans - me and my buddy ron with his 69 chevy will be rollin in on friday at noon !!!
AWESOME! The gates officially open at noon Friday, but we will onsite Thursday evening.

Patches and Dash Plaques are in. Hammering out details with the Ice Man now…

Tick- Tock… Can’t wait!
Posted By: vanfun Re: -=[NGV]=- Toga-Truckin! Sept. 14,15,16 2012 Medina, oHIo - September 06th 2012 9:26 pm
Originally Posted by SFS60
Change of plans - me and my buddy ron with his 69 chevy will be rollin in on friday at noon !!!

Cool Stan!! If you need anything I am on/close to your way in give me a holla ya hear? See ya there! I am trying to make it Saturday sometime!
Posted By: SFS60 Re: -=[NGV]=- Toga-Truckin! Sept. 14,15,16 2012 Medina, oHIo - September 06th 2012 11:58 pm
SATURDAY ??? What,are you showin up fashionably late paul !!!BREW,i'm probably gonna get there on thursday afternoon since i'm off for a week starting on wednesday nite.
Posted By: vanfun Re: -=[NGV]=- Toga-Truckin! Sept. 14,15,16 2012 Medina, oHIo - September 07th 2012 1:12 am
SATURDAY ??? What,are you showin up fashionably late paul !!!BREW,i'm probably gonna get there on thursday afternoon since i'm off for a week starting on wednesday nite.

I'm not semi retired! rofl
COOL! Someone will be there.
Sorry can't make it this year
One quick note about arriving on Thursday:

We only rented the venue Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The venue people are nice enough to let us in Thursday evening for set up, I don't want to abuse that.

PLEASE don't arrive super early on Thursday, the gates will be locked ;-) No one will be there until some time that afternoon.

Most of us we will be on site by 4-5 and a hanful will be there a few hours earlier.

THANKS!

It's not looking good for us on Thursday or any day this year--so sorry Kids! We really enjoyed your first one last year, so we are----

----so sad.

Hope all goes well for you Toga wearing Vanners!
HOLY SMOKES!!!!! I got a call last night at 10 PM and found out the PA we planned to use is fried. AHHHHHH!!!!

No worries, though we are back on the road now. I have a different sound guy for Friday and yet another guy for Saturday due to scheduling conflicts. We will have sound!

Also, I just wrapped up the deal for ice. We will have an ice trailer on site with 22# bags of ice. Should be plenty to go around ;-)

Ticky-tock! …..

That's a bummer Suzie! Maybe you can make it next year ;-)
Hope you guys are having fun!
Can't speak for anyone else, but I had a head banger of great time. lol

Total count was 72 Vans in the gate (not counting ours). Down 4 from last year, but we plan to do it again next year.

THANKS for all the support!!! Hope everyone had fun!!!

shift
Posted By: SFS60 Re: -=[NGV]=- Toga-Truckin! Sept. 14,15,16 2012 Medina, oHIo - September 20th 2012 9:57 pm
My buddy ron and i wanted to make this event ,but it just wasn't in the card's . on tuesday my sister's house burned to the ground and on thursday my buddy ron's brother was put into the hospital,unfortunately cancer took him to soon.
Posted By: MrHoney Re: -=[NGV]=- Toga-Truckin! Sept. 14,15,16 2012 Medina, oHIo - September 20th 2012 10:08 pm
My buddy ron and i wanted to make this event ,but it just wasn't in the card's . on tuesday my sister's house burned to the ground and on thursday my buddy ron's brother was put into the hospital,unfortunately cancer took him to soon.

Sorry to hear all of that. Sounds like a rough time you had frown
Posted By: funk49 Re: -=[NGV]=- Toga-Truckin! Sept. 14,15,16 2012 Medina, oHIo - September 21st 2012 6:59 pm
Thanks Next Gen. Got there late but had a good time just the same.

Oh my gosh SFS60, I'm real sorry to hear that Man.
Originally Posted by HomeBrew

Oh my gosh SFS60, I'm real sorry to hear that Man.

.....very sorry also !

Very sorry to hear this

A LOT of snaps taken over the weekend (around 7K) and it takes a while to sifting through them..... Here's a few.

Part 1 - Awards, Dogs, People

(Part 2 - Vans and Bands is still in the works.)

[Linked Image]

© Vannin' Community and Forums