Vannin' Home
Posted By: nautic1 Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - November 03rd 2011 10:19 pm
Ok I know some of you have wondered whether or not we were going to be doing Spring Thaw next year. Well as you know we lost our grounds this year so we took the year off. We have found a new grounds to have it at. At this point we are still trying to see if this is feasible for us. We are going to be soon having a meeting of the club to make the final decision to move forward with this or not. I know that another club was thinking of taking this event over if we were not going to have it. I hope this does not create any hard feelings with them. I know that people have been wondering about it and I have been asked on more occasions than I can count. This is the best information I have at this point. At this point the date would most likely be April 27-29. Other than that I really can say much more. Please be patient and hopefully this will all be confirmed soon. I have been driving people crazy calling, texting, etc about this. Hopefully this will work out and we can continue this great tradition and have Spring Thaw 30 and beyond. Again, thanks for your patience.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 03rd 2011 10:22 pm
Will it be at Lickdale? smile
Posted By: ScarletteWidowDodge Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 03rd 2011 11:22 pm
keep us in the loop Phil. I enjoyd Spring thaw, It was a nice summer kick off for us!
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 03rd 2011 11:42 pm
Hope it works out for ya phil.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 04th 2011 1:14 am
I can safely say no to Lickdale
Posted By: ScarletteWidowDodge Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 04th 2011 1:36 am
Heard rumors that Gratz is in the running?
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 04th 2011 1:49 am
Not at this point it isn't
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 04th 2011 1:57 am
Hopefully, it will be sorted out one way or another, so the information and flyers will be available for the CoC in February.....

I know these things take time, but attendance does go up generally when people can plan ahead.... smile
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 04th 2011 12:07 pm
I'll keep my finger crossed. Always enjoyed Thaw, even in the cold.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 04th 2011 4:47 pm
Gratz is cool too
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 06th 2011 5:37 am
I was at #1.........

.........Wookee
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 07th 2011 5:03 pm
I liked Spring Thaw too!

Best of luck to whomever puts it on.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 07th 2011 5:04 pm
Bring it back shift
Posted By: josh_performanceinc Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 20th 2011 3:21 pm
Just FYI... saw on Flakebook that Generation Next is thinking of April 27-29 for a PA run. I will make mention of Thaw on the post.
Posted By: Ghetto Rat Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 20th 2011 4:02 pm
Originally Posted by josh_performanceinc
Just FYI... saw on Flakebook that Generation Next is thinking of April 27-29 for a PA run. I will make mention of Thaw on the post.

Isn't Bluegrass that same weekend also?
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 20th 2011 4:51 pm
Spring Thaw date and Bluegrass have shared dates before.....
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 20th 2011 9:55 pm
its not confirmed 100% yet but if so ill let you all know here in due time smile
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 20th 2011 10:25 pm
What Ivan said. Was talking about this with Joe yesterday. Trying to figure out what is going on. I think I am more confused than when I started.
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 20th 2011 10:59 pm
Originally Posted by XTReME_LiMiTzZ
its not confirmed 100% yet but if so ill let you all know here in due time smile

As long as the confirmation comes, and flyers are out at the CoC in Floriduh in February all will come together ! People need time to plan and arrange days off etc....
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 21st 2011 1:59 am
Oh believe me Doc I know where you are coming from. I truthfully am ready to pull my freakin' hair out over this whole thing.
Instead I think I will just go take two Dilaudid and pass out. Tomorrow is another day.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 29th 2011 1:32 am
At this point Spring Thaw is a go and is going to be hosted by Susquehanna Valley Vans. It will be at the West End Fairgrounds in Laurelton, PA. I just need to get the contract back to them and a deposit. The dates are April 27-29 2012. Still working on further details and a flyer. More information will be forthcoming. There are various plans in motion right now so I do not want to come right out and say what they are. Once everything is definitely confirmed I will let you know. But Thaw will be happening.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 29th 2011 2:26 am
yay Very Cool
Posted By: PYSCHOWard Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 29th 2011 2:52 am
I can find that I used to deliver down there.
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - November 29th 2011 3:35 am
Nice!!!
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - November 29th 2011 3:51 am
Sweet! My sis and my mom are just down the road! And I know there is a watering hole around the corner! FYI! cheers
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - November 29th 2011 10:26 am
thats great to hear phil.
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - November 29th 2011 3:37 pm
Great news! I always look forward to Spring Thaw to get the season going. smile
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - November 30th 2011 1:50 pm
West end fairgrounds was where my first van run was hosted by Truckers Unlimited.

Is this the same run as the one Generation Next is doing? Are you working together, or are they doing a run also?
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - November 30th 2011 8:51 pm
Answer to first question is no it is not the same grounds. That one was in Gilbert and this one is in Laurelton.

Answer to second question, This is still being worked on and will be answered as soon as all the specifics are ironed out.
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - November 30th 2011 9:14 pm
Good to hear spring thaw will be back.......

........Wookee
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 01st 2011 12:55 pm
So there is more than one West End Fairgrounds in PA? OH, well! Where is the one you are talking about in relation to West Milton?

Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 01st 2011 2:51 pm
I believe it would be a little south west. Need to map it out for sure.
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 01st 2011 3:23 pm
It is indeed good to hear SVV was able to work this out!
Spring Thaw is a nice eVANt and it would be sad to see Back Mountain without a winter project in their hands!! hee hee

And yes, that is also Bluegrass weekend, but with the distance between the two, I don't think it should be a
big issue for too many. I am concerned about a new eVANt
closer the same weekend tho. It really doesn't do either
group well, and I hope it can all be worked out so Vanners
can attend both eVANts!

Huggs to all SVV--
I miss all your smiling faces!
And, great news for Thaw!
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 01st 2011 3:28 pm
Not far from West Milton at all, near Mifflinberg smile
yay
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 01st 2011 10:40 pm
Ok now to give a little more information on what is going to be happening with Thaw. As you know this will be our 30th. Susquehanna Valley Vans began hosting Spring Thaw back in April of 1982 at a campground called Shangra La Campgrounds. This was a nice location for us to have our event for 6 years. We then moved to several other locations over the years until we settled on Friendship Park where we held it up until April 2010. Circumstances beyond our control caused us to cancelling last years event. Well with some persistence and numerous calls it was finally agreed upon that we would indeed host Spring Thaw 30 again on April 27-29 2012 at the West End Fairgrounds in Laurelton, PA. This will be our 30th van-in. Also I am sad to say it will be our last. This will be the last Spring Thaw that Susquehanna Valley Vans will be hosting. There have been many good times, memories and friendships made at Thaw.
With that being said we also will be having help from an up and coming club called Generation Next based out of Levittown, PA. This is a great group as I am sure many of your know. They are also a member of the PVC as well. Not only will they be helping us but they will also be taking over the Spring Thaw date for 2013. We are not certain at this point if the name of their run will remain the same as Spring Thaw or if it will be retired. This is something that our club needs to come to an agreement on. At this point with hunting season and the holidays it is hard for us to get together to discuss all of this.
I am working on a flyer to have put out. There will be no theme base so to speak for this Thaw. At this point it is going to be called Spring Thaw 30--Thanks for the Memories. I am doing a lot of the groundwork on this myself as the other members of the club are busy doing other things and have lives and I don't. lol I may ask for some help from others as well. Hound is very involved with the Moose organization and it is very hard for him to have free time to do much else. So he has more or less given his blessing for me to run with this. So I am.
So there is the scoop as it stands right now. There will be more info to follow in the coming weeks. Thanks for your patience.
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 01st 2011 11:20 pm
Oh Phil---sorry you guys won't be holding Spring Thaw after next year, but I understand.

I am very glad that SVV and Gen Next are able to work together to pull this off. And they will learn a lot from a group that has put together so many eVANts over the years--that will help them to continue with the eVANt, no matter what it will be called!

Keep On Truckin'!
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 02nd 2011 12:39 pm
Spring Thaw is a great run and for many the first run of the year. I can't imagine using a different name. It doesn't matter who hosts it, we are vanners and will support each other. A good example of this is Freeze Out..Starwars (Interstellar Space Truckers) hosted it for years and now it's hosted by Freebird Vanners.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 02nd 2011 1:13 pm
Sorry to hear that phil but looks as tho the weekend will continue.I'm sure there are tons of memories for you guys.
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 02nd 2011 1:59 pm
Originally Posted by nautic1

25 mile west of Lewisburg on 45. The fairground is just off rt45. I lived in Mifflinburg for a little while so....Ya know!

Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 02nd 2011 3:23 pm
Originally Posted by vanfun

25 mile west of Lewisburg on 45. The fairground is just off rt45. I lived in Mifflinburg for a little while so....Ya know!

So this would be like a homecoming weekend for you.
I Google mapped it yesterday. Nice areal view from Google Earth.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 02nd 2011 4:43 pm
I mapquested it last night and its right around 4 hours for us. Sure wish it was the OTHER West End fairgrounds lol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 02nd 2011 5:50 pm
Sorry to hear it will be the last
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 02nd 2011 6:00 pm
Well I am certainly glad that there will be a Spring Thaw again next year. You can count on my club to be there, and ya know we are always willing to help out with whatever.
I guess it's inevitable that you would have to pass the torch along at some time. But this is great to see that NXT GEN is willing to carry it on.
Van On! cool
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 02nd 2011 7:25 pm
The actual address for it is 1111 State Rt 235 Laurelton, PA 17835. If you Mapquest it, it gives you a nice areal shot of it when the fair is going on. If you Google Maps it you can also get a nice shot of it empty. I want to make sure this event goes out with a bang. Not literally because I do not want any explosions. lol There are a lot of different sites to see in the area for anyone wanting to go day tripping or not. The Shade Mountain Winery is not far from there either.
Thanks everyone for your show of support. This will be tough ending for us but at least in someway the event will continue.
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 02nd 2011 8:47 pm
Spring Thaw Revisited #1 in 2013 ??
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 03rd 2011 2:02 am
So this would be like a homecoming weekend for you.
I Google mapped it yesterday. Nice areal view from Google Earth.
[/quote]

Yeah kinda except I never had home coming (I got out of skool 3 months into it. Never went back after x-mas vacation! rolleyes) Any way alot of cool stuff in the area. Scarlet D's in Mifflinburg some cool stuff in Lewisburg. ETC... And oh yeah my sis has a second hand store on Main st. I am going to have to tell her to make a sighn that says "welcome vanners"! lol
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 03rd 2011 4:02 am
Originally Posted by Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!!
Spring Thaw Revisited #1 in 2013 ??

sounds like a good thought there.. smile
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 06th 2011 4:38 am
Still trying to get the flyer going. Just want to make it a good one. I think I will call around to the other members and see their thoughts on the name Spring Thaw. Retire it or pass it on to the next. I personally would like to see it live on but I am only one member.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 15th 2011 4:42 am
For anyone wanting to know about the fairgrounds, here is a link.

http://www.unioncountywestendfair.com/index.php
Posted By: PYSCHOWard Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 15th 2011 4:52 am
AWESOME been trying to make Thaw for a couple yrs now.I can find that, I used to deliver all over that area.
Posted By: tumbleweed Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 27th 2011 2:09 am
Its good to hear that Spring Thaw is back on again. Doesn't make a difference who runs it in 2013. As long as we have a van show to go too in April. I really miss this one and looking forward to seeing all my friends again. Hope you all had a great Christmas and a Happy New year and we will see you all in April for sure.

Tumbleweed
Free Spirit
Spirit IN The Wind
Nova Vans
South East Van Council
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 27th 2011 2:46 am
As soon as the holiday's are over and thing calm down I will get back into this again. Need to finalize some details on the flyer and then will get them printed. Going to make a run to the grounds some day and get an idea of the layout.
Posted By: Diana Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 28th 2011 11:37 pm
Nice... so glad I can put this back on the calendar... the map of the grounds looks awesome
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 29th 2011 12:49 am
Thats great to hear Phil!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 29th 2011 2:57 am
This would be a great grounds to continue the run but that will not be up to us. I just want to make sure we go out with a bang.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - December 29th 2011 3:04 am
I sure hope I have money by then...
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! - January 17th 2012 5:08 pm
Flyer for Thaw. Sorry they are crooked. Guess it is just me. rofl

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - January 17th 2012 7:01 pm
I've got it on my calender shift
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - January 17th 2012 7:28 pm
I heard you were crooked, is that straight?
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - January 17th 2012 10:17 pm
Originally Posted by NatetheskateNCBV
I heard you were crooked, is that straight?

You got that straight, I mean crooked, I mean....ah the hell with it. You know.....
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - January 18th 2012 3:42 pm
Can you send me some vendor info?
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - January 18th 2012 4:31 pm
I went to the first Spring Thaw. I really can't miss the last one put on by your guys. Years of great memories going to these events......

.......Wookee
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - January 18th 2012 4:49 pm
Originally Posted by Superbeast
Can you send me some vendor info?

Have to work on typing one up or see if I can get a copy of it from Hound. One more thing on the list to do. lol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - January 18th 2012 5:08 pm
I sure Hope to make this smile
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - January 18th 2012 5:46 pm
Originally Posted by Wizard78
I sure Hope to make this smile

Me too frown
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 07th 2012 2:35 pm
I made a trip to the grounds on Sunday to check things out. The grounds are flat. Several buildings which could possibly be used to camp under. An area in the back with mega electric for campers, etc. Large band shell. I can even put vendors into their own covered area so they do not need to set up a canopy. At night, just pull down the door and put a lock on it. Set of bathrooms at both ends of the grounds. A store down the road from the grounds less than half a mile. Shade Mountain Winery about 10+/- miles away. The one problem is that the grounds do not have any showers. Plenty of water but no shower facilities. Trying to figure out what to do about this. do not know if there are any shower trailer rentals near by that will not cost a fortune. Our shower trailer is not road worthy anymore. Do not think we can make it that way either. Anyone have any good ideas on this? Do not want to make this a deterrent for people not to come.
Here is a link to pictures of the grounds.

Spring Thaw Grounds
Posted By: MrHoney Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 07th 2012 3:15 pm
The one problem is that the grounds do not have any showers. Plenty of water but no shower facilities. Trying to figure out what to do about this. do not know if there are any shower trailer rentals near by that will not cost a fortune.Here is a link to pictures of the grounds.

Spring Thaw Grounds

Showers at a truck-in ? aside from the Adirondack run at Schroon River campsite I never seen em ? I have been gone a long time from truckin ! blush
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 07th 2012 3:50 pm
Well some people really like to take a shower. Especially after being there for three days. Guilty I guess. Just got contacted back from a shower rental place. The cheapest I could get a 2 stall shower trailer for is $3895. Just a bit much. I could get a 6 stall one for $4945. Would not be able to do anything else for the weekend but hey, we would have hot showers. lol
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 07th 2012 4:34 pm
I think I know a good plumber around here that is going grin Let me talk to him and see what he comes up with. There is 220 close to some water somewhere?? Let me know!
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 07th 2012 5:01 pm
I have a Coleman camp shower I'm bringing with me. I warm up water on my campstove and dump it in a 5 gallon bucket with some "room" temperature water. Good enough.
Posted By: MrHoney Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 07th 2012 5:10 pm
Well some people really like to take a shower. Especially after being there for three days. Guilty I guess. Just got contacted back from a shower rental place. The cheapest I could get a 2 stall shower trailer for is $3895. Just a bit much. I could get a 6 stall one for $4945. Would not be able to do anything else for the weekend but hey, we would have hot showers. lol

I love a shower as much as the next guy/gal, But back in the day I would get there fri and pass out sat night sick ( sometimes sat afternoon blush )who had time for a shower lol
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 07th 2012 5:19 pm
The grounds look great
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 07th 2012 5:27 pm
Originally Posted by Mutt
The grounds look great

yeah
Posted By: MrHoney Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 07th 2012 5:31 pm
The grounds look great

yeah

yeah
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 07th 2012 9:14 pm
They do look nice!
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 08th 2012 7:43 pm
If I bring my camper and charge $5 a shower, I can go for free! grin
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 08th 2012 8:55 pm
Originally Posted by Superbeast
If I bring my camper and charge $5 a shower, I can go for free! grin

Shower vendor lol
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 08th 2012 9:22 pm
Hey that was my thought but I was going to be a little cheaper. On that note I just got another quote from a shower trailer place. $3500 plus $2.50/mile delivery charge. Be cheaper to build a new one. But then again it would only be for one time.

If anyone is in need of a flyer let me know and I can e-mail you one. Or snail mail you one if you let me know your address. Just found out that a lot of the information burned up in the fire. Including the mailing list. Need to try and get a new list so I can get some mailed out. I need to try and find club addresses and then I can mail some out. Anyone want to drop me a list send it to nautic1@verizon.net.
Thanks.
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 09th 2012 5:11 am
grounds deff look awesome..cant wait smile
Posted By: Diana Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 10th 2012 2:23 pm
Meant to get on here early, too much personal stuff going on so I'm slacking... but Spring Thaw shirts are now available on line...order early

http://www.attitudecheckonline.com/springthaw302012.aspx
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 10th 2012 2:53 pm
Looking good Diana. Get your orders in for your shirts. If anyone out there is interested in vending, let me know. I can put you in an enclosed roofed room with a roll down door to lock up at night. Lights and electric. That is the long row of garage doors in the one building in the pictures. Just let me know.
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 10th 2012 5:19 pm
Ordered 3 shirts! Weeeeeeeeeee! Weeeeeeeeeeeee!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 10th 2012 5:51 pm
Weeeeeeeee Weeeeeeeeee Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 13th 2012 1:51 am
Well got Friday nights band booked today. Jesse will be playing for us. They have played for us before. Saturday nights band is tentatively booked. Will have them confirmed this week. Everything is falling in place to be a good event. Trying to get some good items for in goodie bags. Will wait to see what I come up with there. Anyone with suggestions I am open.
I had a thought of whether anyone would like to donate some liquid refreshment to be enjoyed during the event but would need some place to dispense it from. Hint. Hint. Nudge Nudge. Wink. Wink. Know what I mean? lol
Now to work on games. Van Show awards. Showers. Been looking into some ideas so I will come up with something. May not be pretty but they should be functional.
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 13th 2012 1:43 pm
Would Performance be willing to bring the Black Box?
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 14th 2012 12:30 am

I think that might have been my subtle hint if you caught my meaning. lol
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 14th 2012 12:45 am

I think that might have been my subtle hint if you caught my meaning. lol

I'm glad that's been cleared up..
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 14th 2012 12:50 am
Well just confirmed the Saturday night band. It will be Faded Daze. Another rocking band. Should be a great way to go out.
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 14th 2012 1:01 am
sounds great Phil
Posted By: Richbeer Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 14th 2012 1:32 am
I had a thought of whether anyone would like to donate some liquid refreshment to be enjoyed during the event but would need some place to dispense it from. Hint. Hint. Nudge Nudge. Wink. Wink. Know what I mean? lol

I'm not sure yet whether or not I can get the days off for Spring Thaw this year especially with the Drunk & Disorderly Tour already requiring the Box to be at so many Truck-Ins. And the way things look, out of all the Performance members that may be going I may be the only one that has an open hitch.

Hopefully Phil, we'll see.

Now what was that about Showers?
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 14th 2012 1:50 am
Thanks Rich. I am working on the showers. Even if they have to be temporary ones. Will manage to come up with something.Have a couple ideas running around in my head. At least there is a lot of room to run around in there since it is mainly empty.
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 14th 2012 2:21 am
Phil I can help you out with this one maybe? There is 220 right? Can the showers run into a drain close by etc??? I was trying to think of a way to do this. I can buy a 4o gallon water heater use some pex to go to the showers(I have the shower valves etc. in stock and put a plug on the 220 line for water heater. I would love a pic or two on your old shower trailer for Ideas. Obviously time is not much but we can do it. I would like a portable shower house for camping etc.... Let me know. I could take a look with you of the grounds maybe when I go in and see my mom and sister which is in Mifflinburg. Let me know being a plumber I have good access to good stuff with a good know howgrin Oh and can the water just run on the ground? Of course somehow not to make a mud mess!
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 14th 2012 5:26 pm
Any one with Ideas for a portable shower let me know!!!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 14th 2012 5:33 pm
That sounds Great
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 14th 2012 8:38 pm
Phil I can help you out with this one maybe? There is 220 right? Can the showers run into a drain close by etc??? I was trying to think of a way to do this. I can buy a 4o gallon water heater use some pex to go to the showers(I have the shower valves etc. in stock and put a plug on the 220 line for water heater. I would love a pic or two on your old shower trailer for Ideas. Obviously time is not much but we can do it. I would like a portable shower house for camping etc.... Let me know. I could take a look with you of the grounds maybe when I go in and see my mom and sister which is in Mifflinburg. Let me know being a plumber I have good access to good stuff with a good know howgrin Oh and can the water just run on the ground? Of course somehow not to make a mud mess!

I will get with you then.
The shower trailer we had before was actually an 18' camper which we gutted. Put up a petition wall. Installed another door and made men's front and women's back. Then installed two shower stalls in each half. Ran all the plumbing along the wall and across the ceiling and down. Sat a water heater over in a corner on each half. Gas water heaters for quick recovery. Had a main line running from the outside feeding in. Used propane bottle on the exterior to feed both. Ran the drains to a rear exit line and then either left it drain on the ground or into a dump station or sewer hookup. Not pretty but effective.
Posted By: heavy389 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 16th 2012 3:04 pm
Originally Posted by MrHoney

I love a shower as much as the next guy/gal, But back in the day I would get there fri and pass out sat night sick ( sometimes sat afternoon blush )who had time for a shower lol

LMAO @ MRHoney rofl
Posted By: heavy389 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 16th 2012 3:06 pm

The ladies will B able to play in da mud....... rolleyes
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 17th 2012 4:36 am
lol whens the last time there was fun in the mud at a run?
Posted By: VanPLan Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 17th 2012 5:05 am
Moonlite back in the 70s' but nobody's telling... rofl devil

coffee
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 26th 2012 11:06 pm
are we there yet?
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - February 27th 2012 11:42 am
are we there yet?

yeah
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - February 28th 2012 4:25 pm
Hey Phil,Can you get me an actual street name and address?
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - February 28th 2012 4:40 pm
I can do that.
The address is 1111 Hwy 235 aka Fairground Rd. Laurelton, PA
I know I put it on my Garmin under 1111 State Route 235 and it had a problem. Once I put Hwy 235 it worked better. Hope that helps.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - February 28th 2012 4:49 pm
Cool,Thanks Phil I'll try that smile
Posted By: 5TOEZ Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 01st 2012 4:12 pm
Can anybody attend this?

Sounds like a good time.
[IMG]http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq61/5toez/IMG_0173.jpgG]
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 01st 2012 4:22 pm
You can if you show up in THAT Dodge.....LOl

......Wookee
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 01st 2012 6:45 pm
Originally Posted by 5TOEZ
Can anybody attend this?

Sounds like a good time.
[Linked Image]

Yes you can. If you need a flyer let me know and I can e-mail you one.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 01st 2012 6:46 pm
Of course I may need your e-mail addy.
Posted By: MrHoney Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 01st 2012 7:40 pm
Can anybody attend this?

Sounds like a good time.
[Linked Image]

Can I go to this too ?
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 01st 2012 8:04 pm
Can I go to this too?

no
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 01st 2012 8:23 pm
Can anybody attend this?

Sounds like a good time.
[Linked Image]

Can I go to this too ?

Sure you can. If you need a flyer, let me know.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 01st 2012 8:56 pm
Can I go to this too?

no

rofl
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 01st 2012 9:19 pm
OMG! Don't leave the keys in that Mopar...it will come home with me! lol grin
Posted By: 5TOEZ Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 02nd 2012 1:45 am
fivetoez@sbcglobal.net

Glad you guys like my all original 78 B 200!!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 02nd 2012 7:41 pm
yeah Wow! That is sweet! Can't wait to see it in person cheers
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 02nd 2012 8:21 pm
OMG! Don't leave the keys in that Mopar...it will come home with me! lol grin

yeah
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 03rd 2012 1:32 am
fivetoez@sbcglobal.net

Glad you guys like my all original 78 B 200!!
[Linked Image]

Your not in yet.....we are going to need more pics I think Phil, that is in charge here will agree!!!rofl

That is a beauty you have there!!!!!!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 03rd 2012 2:42 am
Yep I agree. We need to have closer inspection of the 78. So it is imperative that you attend Thaw. Oh and I might be a bit biased for 78's, although I do not know why. lol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 03rd 2012 2:51 am
78 Was a Great year for Vans shift
Posted By: Diana Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 05th 2012 12:13 am
Tic Toc Tic Toc .....thanks for the memories.... order your shirts early

Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 05th 2012 1:04 am
Make sure you get your shirts ordered. Also send those pre-reg in.

We have been working on the shower situation and as long as we can get the issues worked out on the shower trailer we will have it up there. Need to fix some plumbing inside of it and get 4 tires for on it. Anyone know of any cheap or free tires we can use? Joe and his crew are checking so we may get lucky but not sure.
Also if anyone was wondering, there is a dump station on site for camper dumps. This may be one of the reason we have to pay for every rv that shows up and the grounds will be counting them and charging us separately. Oh well. Things are coming together so I will have more updates soon. I have mailed out flyers to the addresses we had. Fortunately they did not burn up with the van in the fire. If anyone knows of anyone that needs one, let me know and I can get you one. Any questions, contact me and I will do my best to answer them.
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 05th 2012 4:58 pm
Got my t-shirt order in already.

I'll send my pre-reg in next week.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 05th 2012 7:13 pm
Thank you Nate. You da man.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 06th 2012 2:24 am
We'll be vending this. If anyone needs any pet stuff let me know!
Posted By: Richbeer Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 06th 2012 3:47 am
Originally Posted by Diana
Tic Toc Tic Toc .....thanks for the memories.... order your shirts early

I'd like to order one of these, but I just want to know if that's the final artwork. It's odd that the comment clouds have the outline of the underlying comment show through the cloud on top. (And and are they 100% cotton?)
Posted By: Diana Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 08th 2012 12:58 am

[/quote]

I'd like to order one of these, but I just want to know if that's the final artwork. It's odd that the comment clouds have the outline of the underlying comment show through the cloud on top. (And and are they 100% cotton?) [/quote]

Yes, this is the final artwork and the yes they are 100% cotton
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 09th 2012 5:46 pm
Tic Toc
Posted By: MrHoney Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 09th 2012 6:25 pm
uhhh A VW ? shocked
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 09th 2012 8:38 pm
rofl
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 12th 2012 4:27 pm
It's a van.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 12th 2012 4:41 pm
Very True
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 12th 2012 9:28 pm
Mailed my pre-reg this morning.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! W-Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 13th 2012 1:04 am
Probably wondered when these were going to start.

Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 13th 2012 1:05 am
Might as well keep it going.

Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 13th 2012 2:30 am
Oh Cool,It's that kind of Party...

Wee Wee Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 13th 2012 2:32 am
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 13th 2012 1:11 pm
Tic Toc goes the clock. Do you have your pre-reg sent in yet? Have you ordered your shirt yet? Do you know where you are? Well it is time to fill out that pre-reg and send it in. Order those shirts. Checked out your GPS to figure out where your are.
Well enough with that. Things are falling into place. Lots of goodie bag material coming in. Or fire starter depending on how you look at it. lol
Vendors are signing up. Mom and Pop's Food, CustomVan.com, Adorable Doo's?, BLT Patches, Attitude Check T-shirts and whoever else may come along. If I forgot somebody, let me know. According to the Facebook event page we have 51 coming and 24 thinking about it. 217 invited who have not decided yet. Hoping for a big number turnout for our last event.
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 13th 2012 2:43 pm
Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato patches? lol grin
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 13th 2012 4:05 pm
Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato patches? lol grin

Cool,we can eat the patches if we get hungry
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 13th 2012 4:15 pm
Nothing like a good BLT patch on whole wheat with a touch of mayo. Yum
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 13th 2012 4:37 pm
Hmmmm drool
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 13th 2012 7:08 pm
Oh goody...Mom & Pops will be there. Now I don't have to bring food.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 13th 2012 7:22 pm
Get you a Philly Nate drool
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 13th 2012 8:28 pm
Naw...I'm usually too full of barley and hops for something like that.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 13th 2012 8:54 pm
Yea Right lol
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 13th 2012 9:48 pm
Thanks for the update Phil. We were talking about the run last weekend and realized that Tim & Karen will be up north looking at campgrounds, they won't be able to attend frown
But I'm still in! And Reb & Z are also planning on attending. Maybe some of LTT north as well.
What is the cut off date to get your pre-reg in?
(I didn't see a date on the flier)
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 14th 2012 12:24 am
April 13th Charlie
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 14th 2012 12:32 am
yeah
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 14th 2012 12:32 am

Sorry Nate and Wiz I do not swing that way. rofl
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 14th 2012 12:36 am
Okay I got some time still. Thanks for the reply my dudes. With the cost of fuel these days, Every little bit helps.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 14th 2012 12:46 am
Know what you mean dude. Looking around the house for things to sell so we can make the Nats. Put our boat up for sale Sunday. Hoping it sells. Wendy won't let me put her up for sale. I said I would sell my self but the person would want a money back guarantee because I may be broken. Well duh.
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 14th 2012 12:59 am
Wendy won't let me put her up for sale.

haha

Hey good luck with boat sale bro.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 14th 2012 1:24 am

rofl
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 14th 2012 10:21 am

Didn't you say something about selling yourself? Now's your chance..where's Henry?

Nice lady.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 14th 2012 10:36 am
Good Girl

Hey Nate,Cardboard Get your Cardboard lol
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 14th 2012 4:06 pm
Ahahahahahahahah! I forgot about that! That was freakin' hilarious.

Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 14th 2012 4:22 pm
lol Heck yea smile
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 16th 2012 4:49 pm
[Linked Image]

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 16th 2012 8:14 pm
Good one Wiz
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 17th 2012 11:35 pm
What's the soonest anybody can get in?
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 18th 2012 5:13 pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 19th 2012 12:31 am
yeah

Thanks for reminding me Wiz. I forgot what this thread was all about. rofl
Now where are all you pre-reg's? lol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 19th 2012 12:33 am
What's the soonest anybody can get in?
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 19th 2012 12:46 am
Pm being sent.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 19th 2012 12:57 am
If anyone is interested in sponsoring a trophy let me know and I can get the information.
Also it looks like the infamous SVV shower trailer will be making one last ride. Have a member working on it. Have new tires on it. Ok they are not new, they are borrowed for the weekend. Going to have some of the broken pvc repaired in it. Water test it and pray the water heaters will fire up. If they do not, well then I may need to take Paul up on his plumbing help. Or if you have a spare water heater lying around. lol
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 19th 2012 1:11 am
Let me know Phil!! laugh
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 19th 2012 2:00 am
Will do. I am going to text him tomorrow to see how he is making out and if he was able to try and water test everything and fire them up. Will let you know if they fail.
Thanks.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 19th 2012 4:39 pm
Hope they fire up
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 19th 2012 7:14 pm
How much to sponsor a trophy Phil? I'd like to sponsor 1st place Mid-Dodge. Can credit be given to my whole club?
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 19th 2012 9:08 pm
Sure credit can be given to the entire club. It would just be Sponsored by N.C.B.V or spelled out. However you want. Price will be $30 for a First place and $25 for a Second place.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 20th 2012 1:16 am
I was just looking through some stuff in my toy room and found some fun things. How many out there have a mug from Spring Thaw 1. How about 2? 3? 4? 5? 6? 8? How many have a t-shirt from ST 1? How about a dash plaque? How about the window sticker? Yep I have them. Will take a pic of them later an post.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 20th 2012 1:19 am
Very cool,Yes pics please
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 20th 2012 1:32 am
Sure credit can be given to the entire club. It would just be Sponsored by N.C.B.V or spelled out. However you want. Price will be $30 for a First place and $25 for a Second place.

Should I mail another check or give you the money at the evant?
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 20th 2012 1:55 am
You can give it to me there if you want. The choice is yours. Just let me know how you want it worded on the plaque
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 20th 2012 1:59 pm
I'll pay you at the evant.

Please give credit to North Chesapeake Bay Vans. Not everyone will know what NCBV is. Trust me I've been asked.

Thanks Philbert!
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 20th 2012 2:07 pm
I think I have a Spring thaw 1 dash plaque.

......Wookee
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 20th 2012 2:42 pm
Originally Posted by wookee
I think I have a Spring thaw 1 dash plaque.

......Wookee

Very cool
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 20th 2012 9:02 pm
I'll pay you at the evant.

Please give credit to North Chesapeake Bay Vans. Not everyone will know what NCBV is. Trust me I've been asked.

Thanks Philbert!

yeah Could be North Carolina Blue Vans rofl
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 20th 2012 9:20 pm
How about Jail Bird Vanners? lol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 20th 2012 9:21 pm
grin
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 22nd 2012 3:38 am
well if they don't know whar NCBV stands for they are a newbe that does not pay attention......

[Linked Image]

.....Wookee
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 22nd 2012 10:48 am
True lol
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 22nd 2012 10:50 am
I know Wookee, but these jackasses from Free Bird think it stands for North Carolina Blue Vans. grin
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 22nd 2012 12:19 pm
well if they don't know whar NCBV stands for they are a newbe that does not pay attention......

[Linked Image]

.....Wookee

Nice Wookee. Looks like it is still in the original plastic yet. Cool. Oh and I have the original flyer too. That is pretty cool.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 22nd 2012 2:06 pm
I know Wookee, but these jackasses from Free Bird think it stands for North Carolina Blue Vans. grin

rofl
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 22nd 2012 3:21 pm
Well it could be Next Chapter Boy Vanners. Nah....that didn't work.
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 22nd 2012 8:25 pm
N.L.V.

Nice Lady Vanners
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 22nd 2012 8:35 pm
rofl Henry's club
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 22nd 2012 8:41 pm
No, Henry's club would be Filthy Whore Truckers
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 22nd 2012 8:47 pm
FWT grin
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 22nd 2012 10:14 pm

Ok note the source of the cooment.......LOL

Typical vanner messing around with other vanner dry comedy.

Phil yes it is still in its original wrapper.istll have a few other like that along with a couple of the window stickers that came with them.

I really liked those little window stickers....

........Wookee
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 22nd 2012 10:57 pm

[Linked Image]

Wow! 1982, would it make ya feel old if I told ya that I was only 11 years old when you were at this run? lol

I always have a great time at Spring Thaw, these guys put on one helluva run. I just checked my vannin wall, My first Thaw was #22 in 2003. But I have been to every one since! And I'll be there again this year cool

[Linked Image]

Oh dang, sorry bout the crappy pic. I forgot this camera sucks in low light.

Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 23rd 2012 3:35 am
No worries Charlie. I really feel old now. lol

Will be pretty cool though that we will have a third generation vanner at Thaw with us.
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 23rd 2012 11:22 am
Well Charlie while you where crashing your bike.We where out killing off brain cells......LOL

Here is a little slide show of just a few of the memories over the years........

[Linked Image]

Click the Early.....

........Wookee
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 23rd 2012 1:18 pm
That is really cool Wookee. Looking for my old pictures but have not been able to locate them. Hoping soon.
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 23rd 2012 1:34 pm
This event was like the season opener for us here in Md.
I was still vanning but some how I missed the event between Shangri la and west Milton.

I am pretty sure i have some more old 35mm pictures.They are currently buried in the room of doom.........LOL

..........Wookee
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 23rd 2012 1:57 pm
That was a great slide show--wonder if Hound still has those PJs?!?!!?

And looking at those VANs--it's like they are all still here--some of them actually are, others, just memories now.
Posted By: Cherry Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 23rd 2012 2:39 pm
Originally Posted by Galaxy

Wow! 1982, would it make ya feel old if I told ya that I was only 11 years old when you were at this run? lol

I was 7
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 23rd 2012 3:10 pm
Originally Posted by Suzie-BGfNY-IN
That was a great slide show--wonder if Hound still has those PJs?!?!!?

And looking at those VANs--it's like they are all still here--some of them actually are, others, just memories now.

Ok I just looked through Wookee's slide show again. Hound's PJ's? Did not see him in them. Or am I missing something. lol
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 23rd 2012 3:11 pm
I just tried to find all of my 35mm pics. Looked in a trunk I thought they were in. Wouldn't you know it, nothing but pictures of the kids and family. I then looked in the attic/storage room and cried. I will never find them. Well maybe if I start now I might find them by Thaw. lol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 23rd 2012 3:23 pm
Keep looking
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 23rd 2012 4:27 pm
Great slide show Wookee
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 23rd 2012 4:38 pm
Keep looking

I will. May have to take a little time out to go see our soon to be born Grandchild though. I think that might be a good excuse.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 23rd 2012 4:44 pm
That's way more important than pics,We can wait
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 24th 2012 2:12 am
Hope fully they will show up Phil.
Suzie that is not hound.that is a North Cheasapeake Member we called Bunky

[Linked Image]

Being the first event of the season.We used to do things like pajama parties.Shave half of a beard and the talk to your self.
Roast a Pig.......
I was in my 20's back then.Having more fun than any one person should have ever had in there life.....

........Wookee
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 24th 2012 2:17 am
Cool pic
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 24th 2012 2:25 am
Go hold that new grand baby.
Your life has been blessed with a joy you can't find any where else.......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

.......Wookee
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 24th 2012 2:34 pm
Ok I took your advice. Here she is.
[Linked Image]

And one without the ugly guy in the pic showing our little Kitty Cat

[Linked Image]

This is what she thought of all the pictures we were taking.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 24th 2012 2:43 pm
Beautiful lil Girl Phil
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 24th 2012 3:01 pm
dang posts gettin' mixed up in my head---

I have to give out a 'my bad' here too--, I truly thought that was Hound from all those years ago--I mean just look at those pinchable cheeks, that soft brown wavy hair, the boots and those round puppy dog eyes--that just says Hound to me! hee hee Sorry! But do ya think that outfit is still around somewhere?!?!
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 27th 2012 7:53 pm
Congratulations Phil! Or should I say Grandpa grin

Well Charlie while you where crashing your bike.We where out killing off brain cells......LOL

Here is a little slide show of just a few of the memories over the years........

[Linked Image]

Click the Early.....

Great slideshow Wookee! Some of those vans are still around, just wearing a different coat.
Posted By: Diana Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 27th 2012 8:27 pm
tic toc tic toc... get your shirt orders in

http://www.attitudecheckonline.com/springthaw30.aspx
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 27th 2012 9:07 pm
There's that VW again shift
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 28th 2012 12:31 am
Congratulations Phil! Or should I say Grandpa grin

[Linked Image]

Click the Early.....

Great slideshow Wookee! Some of those vans are still around, just wearing a different coat.

Thanks Charlie. She is a doll. If everything goes according to plan, she will be at Thaw on Saturday. Would she qualify for youngest vanner? Hoping so.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 28th 2012 1:13 am
I would think so
Posted By: Astro Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 28th 2012 2:07 am
can a new post be made with the current information about this event so people don't have to scroll through 9 pages to figure it out?
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - March 28th 2012 10:38 am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 28th 2012 10:40 am
Ok I know some of you have wondered whether or not we were going to be doing Spring Thaw next year. Well as you know we lost our grounds this year so we took the year off. We have found a new grounds to have it at. At this point we are still trying to see if this is feasible for us. We are going to be soon having a meeting of the club to make the final decision to move forward with this or not. I know that another club was thinking of taking this event over if we were not going to have it. I hope this does not create any hard feelings with them. I know that people have been wondering about it and I have been asked on more occasions than I can count. This is the best information I have at this point. At this point the date would most likely be April 27-29. Other than that I really can say much more. Please be patient and hopefully this will all be confirmed soon. I have been driving people crazy calling, texting, etc about this. Hopefully this will work out and we can continue this great tradition and have Spring Thaw 30 and beyond. Again, thanks for your patience.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Can't wait
Posted By: Astro Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - March 28th 2012 11:40 am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - March 28th 2012 1:47 pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - March 28th 2012 1:51 pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - March 28th 2012 1:53 pm
Here you go. Flyers posted as well. Hope that helps. Thanks for the reminder Dave. Also thanks Wiz for the update as well.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - March 28th 2012 4:57 pm
No problem Buddy
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - March 28th 2012 8:11 pm
I can do that.
I know I put it on my Garmin under 1111 State Route 235 and it had a problem. Once I put Hwy 235 it worked better. Hope that helps.

Phil,I finally had a chance to program the GPS

It did not like Fairground rd,But did except 1111 Hwy 235 Laurelton Pa and beside it I think it said (Millmont)
I hope this gets me there says a little over 5 hrs
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - March 29th 2012 6:21 pm
I can do that.

It did not like Fairground rd,But did except 1111 Hwy 235 Laurelton Pa and beside it I think it said (Millmont)

I hope so too... I'm following you! rofl
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - March 29th 2012 7:26 pm
We ain't left yet? shift
Posted By: Tigerlady Re: Spring Thaw 2012!!! YES!!! Flyer Added - March 29th 2012 8:16 pm

rofl

I know I am running behing on reading this thread but who you callin jackassess? Not us Free Birds!!!!
Posted By: Tigerlady Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - March 29th 2012 8:28 pm
I can do that.

I hope so too... I'm following you! rofl

Don't forget bathroom breaks!!!! I get grouchy if we can't stop! LOL
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - March 29th 2012 8:54 pm
If you don't eat or drink you don't need a bathroom break
lol
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - March 29th 2012 10:10 pm
That is why they make porta-potty's. Stick one in the back and hold on while Wizard takes that turn at 70.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - March 29th 2012 10:22 pm
I just used a Mapquest search for directions. I just put in Lanexa, VA since I have no idea where you are from Wiz. It takes you up I-95 then eventually to 15 North. If you follow that the whole way until you come to 104, you get off there and follow that into Middleburg. Keep following Rt 104 signs into Mifflinburg. You will come to a stop sign. Rt 104 ends. You now turn left onto Rt 45. Follow Rt 45 7.3 miles. You will then see Fairground Rd on your left side. Turn left and go .7 miles and the fairground is on the left side. If you miss the turn you can go about another mile or so and then you will see Rt. 235. Turn left there and just follow until you see the grounds on the left side. The address is a bit screwy. I tried it a couple ways on Garmin before it worked out.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - March 30th 2012 1:44 am
I'm from Staunton,I'll be mostly on 81
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - March 30th 2012 3:13 am
Ok then it will be 81 to 15 then 104.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - March 30th 2012 10:42 am
That sounds easier lol
I guess as long as I get to hwy 235 I should have it made,then if I have a problem I can call one of you guys to talk me through the rest
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - March 30th 2012 2:00 pm
Originally Posted by Tigerlady
Don't forget bathroom breaks!!!! I get grouchy if we can't stop!

Rickie just needs to buy a Bumper Dumper

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - March 30th 2012 4:27 pm
That's cool Mutt
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - March 30th 2012 4:28 pm
We can't forget to throw this in once in awhile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 02nd 2012 12:44 am
Was just talking to Laura and she is looking forward to seeing everyone. Has not seen anyone in 2 years and she wants to see you all.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 02nd 2012 10:20 am
Cool
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 03rd 2012 11:46 pm
I'm ready! My van isn't, but I am! Let's go!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 04th 2012 12:05 am
Tic Toc shift
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 04th 2012 12:10 am
I'm ready! My van isn't, but I am! Let's go!

Mine either Mutt but who really cares? lol Lets just go and we can be the red vans with no interior!grin
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 04th 2012 12:21 am
Maybe Phil will have a class for that
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 04th 2012 12:27 am
rofl
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 04th 2012 2:19 am
Maybe Phil will have a class for that

What are you talking about? I have no class. rofl
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 04th 2012 10:14 am
That's it,A no class class lol
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 04th 2012 1:04 pm
That's it,A no class class lol

oh that's gonna be a busy class for sure!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 04th 2012 4:10 pm
Yea Mutt I think everybody qualifies
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 04th 2012 8:28 pm
Let me work on the trophy for that. It may be a trophy that does not have any class either. Hmmm......
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 04th 2012 10:13 pm
I'm sure you could get a toilet bowl at the scrap yard for next to nothing lol
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 04th 2012 10:28 pm
Hell I probably could have gotten a couple from all the remodeling around here in homes since the flood. May be stained brown and it would be with mud not crap. Oh hell, same difference.
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 05th 2012 1:05 am
I could donate one! rofl rofl rofl
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 05th 2012 2:10 am
Is there plans to have R/C races this year?
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 05th 2012 3:05 am
Not that I am aware of but I am sure you could do an impromptu one.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 05th 2012 3:07 am
Going out to the grounds again on Friday to do a walk through and try and figure a good layout for everything. Do some other checking on things. Need to see about the pole bars use, etc.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 05th 2012 10:17 am
A toilet bowl for a trophy,Interesting
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 05th 2012 4:42 pm
A toilet bowl for a trophy,Interesting

Well at least there would be a place to sit for the winner. lol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 05th 2012 4:45 pm
Yea a Throne grin for the Winner
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 05th 2012 6:43 pm
Yep that is called thinking outside the box. Or the pot in this case.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 05th 2012 6:44 pm

There is a pull track there. I am sure you could set something up on that for racing or pulling.
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 05th 2012 9:37 pm

Mine either Mutt but who really cares? lol Lets just go and we can be the red vans with no interior!grin

My red GMC has no interior ether......
Owner has no class...

Phil, RT 15 to RT 104.
Is RT 104 north of Sellings grove ?

.....Wookee
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 05th 2012 10:04 pm
Owner has no class...

well it sounds like the "no class" class will be busy!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 06th 2012 1:56 am

My red GMC has no interior ether......
Owner has no class...

Phil, RT 15 to RT 104.
Is RT 104 north of Sellings grove ?

.....Wookee

Actually where you would get 104 would be South of Selinsgrove. About 15 miles South. Will take you to a blinker light and you will continue straight. Into Middleburg to a stop sign. Take a left at the stop sign and follow. At red light go straight. Follow that to Mifflinburg. (On your way along between Middleburg and Mifflingburg you will pass Shade Mtn. Winery if you like wine. Great place.) At the stop sign in Mifflinburg turn left and follow to signs for Fairground Rd. I plan on having a turn sign there. Turn left.
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 06th 2012 3:26 am
Is it time to leave yet?

.....Wookee
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 06th 2012 10:34 am
Almost!

You want to convoy with us Wookee? We're leaving from the Legion around 7am Friday morning. Not sure if we'll be "driving them like we stole them" though. LOL! Garry and Larry will be towing their new camper up.

You bringing the Beast?
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 06th 2012 10:40 am
Lets go now shift
Posted By: Diana Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 06th 2012 12:54 pm
tic toc tic toc....get your shirt order in

Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 06th 2012 1:50 pm
I can't leave that Early.I have "Pap Pap duties" until early afternoon.
Taking "Big Red" up.

.....Wookee
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 06th 2012 2:39 pm
Well I will be there on Thursday afternoon/evening getting everything ready. Going out this afternoon to check things over with the management there. May snap some more pictures for everyone to look at and get an idea where they want to park. Will be discussing early arrivals with her to see what it will cost us to have some people showing up early. Hopefully she will be nice to us and if some want to come early it won't be a problem.
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 06th 2012 3:36 pm
Larry told me Henry is planning on being there on Thursday at some point.
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 06th 2012 5:57 pm
If we are allowed, I would be tempted to go on Thursday. I was hoping to make the weekend on one tank of gas, but I just ran the numbers. 220 miles one way, and I have never gone more then 350 miles on one tank. frown
Posted By: SFS60 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 06th 2012 7:28 pm
Early arrival would be cool,i'd like to get there thursday at about 5 p.m. i hate leavin early a.m. on the morning of the event !!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 06th 2012 7:54 pm
If we are allowed, I would be tempted to go on Thursday. I was hoping to make the weekend on one tank of gas, but I just ran the numbers. 220 miles one way, and I have never gone more then 350 miles on one tank. frown

You need to let up on the gas pedal Charlie
Not WFO
Posted By: SFS60 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 06th 2012 8:37 pm
HEY CHARLIE,i get 8 mpg. towin my camper,what you cryin about !!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 06th 2012 10:48 pm
Well just went out to the grounds today. They plan on having the grounds in pretty good shape when we get there. I asked them again to make sure it was okay about fires. They said that they are okay as long as they are not out of control or in any of the barns. Well duh. As far as firewood, well you are on your own on that one. Either bring it with or you can drag it out of the woods. There is an area they are clearing out that has a lot of wood that was push along the tree line. Bring a saw. lol This will give you idea of the wood.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 06th 2012 10:56 pm
Ok now on the early arrivals, as long as you do not get there before I do no problem. lol
Found out a nice little tidbit that I did see but failed to really take notice to on the contract. They are going to charge us $25 for each rv/camper. Yippee. So much for any profit margin. lol I have it listed for $30 for each camper. We will just deal with it. No big deal.
If anyone out there wants to vend still that we do not know about let me know. I can put you in an enclosed room that you can lock up at night. This would be the rooms
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 06th 2012 11:10 pm
I am so looking foward to a hot midget female pole dancer booth!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 06th 2012 11:52 pm
I am so looking foward to a hot midget female pole dancer booth!

Uh...let me check the list of vendors for that one.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 07th 2012 12:56 am
I think Mutt needs a Van Run BAD! lol
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 07th 2012 1:08 am
yeah
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 07th 2012 1:56 am
Coolness! Looks awsome!! Can't hardly wait!! cheers
Posted By: rizzman Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 07th 2012 8:33 pm
any body bringing stuf for a garage sale im gathering some stuf
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 07th 2012 10:17 pm
Ok now on the early arrivals, as long as you do not get there before I do no problem.

yay Great news! Now can you get the weather to cooperate? grin

Originally Posted by rizzman

Cool! I'm hoping Ivan will bring me the last piece of wood trim I need to complete my dash...

Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 07th 2012 10:36 pm
Originally Posted by rizzman

Why? Do you want to use a garage? lol
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 07th 2012 11:35 pm

There is a pull track there. I am sure you could set something up on that for racing or pulling.

I'm always busy on Saturday morning getting ready for the van show. And then.... The van show. So I wouldn't feel comfortable offering to MC some R/C races. But I'll bring my toys along, and maybe after the van show we can race around for awhile before dinner smile
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 09th 2012 9:53 pm
Ok I might as well enlighten everyone on the shower trailer situation. At this point we have no way to get it from the one guys house it is being stored to the grounds. We got new tires to use on it but the brakes do not work. No lights. No license. Lost title. The hits just keep on coming. So unless we can find a way to winch it up on another trailer to haul it, it will not be there. An no we do not have a flat bed trailer. So plan B is back on the table. Temporary showers. I checked out the bathrooms when we were there and they do have a spot that has a hose hookup for hot and cold water. So now I just need to come up with a temporary set up for that. We can use the existing water heater in the bathrooms and just tap off that. Now just need to make stalls. I think it is doable. Even with just a hose off each into a Y then branch off of that with two shower heads and shut offs. Just build a temporary enclosure with dividers. May only be two and will be unisex but it will be something. What does everyone else think? I hate it when a plan doesn't come together. Someone had said that there is a sportsman club down the road from the grounds that has coin-op showers but I did not see that as an option.
Posted By: Richbeer Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 10th 2012 2:50 am
Phil,

So how's this for a shower option...

Looks like our Black Box is going to make it afterall like you wanted.

So...

1. You guys go out and get a few half kegs to put on tap
2. We all get drunk
3. We all get nekkid
4. Wash everyone down at once

I'm just thinkin' water conservation, you know, we're all about saving the planet and stuff smile
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 10th 2012 3:12 am
Well parts of this idea I like Rich. Anyone willing to donate any halves of beer for us to consume and watch Rich get nekked? Well that is not a good pitch for donations.

Also something about your being nekked Rich just does not quite appeal to me. I assume they same can be said about myself as well. lol
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 10th 2012 3:28 am
Pic or 2 of trailer? Other than lights and legal crap its ready to roll?
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 10th 2012 3:31 am
And brakes but those are overated anyway lol
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 10th 2012 1:57 pm
Originally Posted by Richbeer
Looks like our Black Box is going to make it afterall like you wanted.

nice! cheers
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 10th 2012 4:05 pm
Great News
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 10th 2012 4:16 pm
Are there no showers in the bathroom facilities on the grounds?
Or there are, but we can't use them? Just curious.
No worries here, a vanner shower (hose and a tarp) is fine for me.
Just a thought, maybe you could borrow the PVC shower setup that Moonlite had at the Nationals? Although that may be to much to setup for a weekend gig.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 10th 2012 5:02 pm
Are there no showers in the bathroom facilities on the grounds?
Or there are, but we can't use them? Just curious.
No worries here, a vanner shower (hose and a tarp) is fine for me.
Just a thought, maybe you could borrow the PVC shower setup that Moonlite had at the Nationals? Although that may be to much to setup for a weekend gig.

There are no showers in the bathrooms. Wish there were. Would make life so much easier. Already talked to Jim about the set up from the Nats. All the materials except the water heater have been disposed of. My mind is working on something. Just need to get it out of my head and into reality. I know, scary thought. I was thinking.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 10th 2012 5:41 pm
Yep I'm scared lol
Posted By: Astro Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 10th 2012 9:09 pm
I meant a new, clean topic so people don't have to dig through 12 pages of other stuff to find the flyer
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 11th 2012 1:24 am
Ok I guess I can start a new thread but would that not be a duplicate posting in a sense?
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 11th 2012 5:08 pm
2 Threads, now I'm confussed,wish one should I go to
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 11th 2012 6:00 pm
Me too. lol
Posted By: Richbeer Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 12th 2012 2:53 am
2 Threads, now I'm confused,which one should I go to

Hey Ricky - make sure to at least make a stop over at the other thread - over there they're talking about free beer!

Do we have a second keg yet?
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 12th 2012 3:01 am
yeah Is it beer time yet? cheers
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 12th 2012 4:56 pm
Yes it is beer
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 12th 2012 8:51 pm
Not sure if I'm to this Spring Thaw or The other Spring Thaw
Which one you going to Phil rofl
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 12th 2012 11:07 pm
I have not decided yet. May go to both. I think I can do it. Yeah, I know I can. Are we there yet?
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 12th 2012 11:19 pm
Let's go! I'm so ready!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 12th 2012 11:31 pm
Yea lets go to both smile
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 12th 2012 11:49 pm

I tried to get my club to pony up for a keg. But it turns out that the only members from LTT attending are Rebel and myself. You got better chances of getting blood from a stone then getting money from Rebel! lol
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 13th 2012 1:18 am

I tried to get my club to pony up for a keg. But it turns out that the only members from LTT attending are Rebel and myself. You got better chances of getting blood from a stone then getting money from Rebel! lol

No worries Charlie. Hoping for another donation or something from somewhere.
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 2012? - April 13th 2012 1:32 am

No worries Charlie. Hoping for another donation or something from somewhere.

Best wishes for pennies from heaven angel

Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 13th 2012 3:39 pm
Well I guess it is time to start the party early. Sorry for Party Rockin'

Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 13th 2012 4:05 pm
Lets ROCK grin
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 13th 2012 11:53 pm
Ok Rock! Rock! Till You Drop

Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 13th 2012 11:55 pm
Ok Let's Get Rocked.

Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 14th 2012 1:44 pm
Cool,I have that song on my Keystone video
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 14th 2012 3:36 pm
I love finding word associated videos
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 14th 2012 3:46 pm
Just for your Wiz.

Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 15th 2012 11:58 am
Cool,Thanks That always works for me smile
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 15th 2012 12:03 pm
I figure it would.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 15th 2012 11:50 pm
The countdown is on. 12 days until the technical gates open for Spring Thaw. I will be there on Thursday as I am sure others will be as well. No worries. Can't wait to see you all.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 16th 2012 12:20 am
Woo Hoo shift
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 16th 2012 1:50 am
At this point the vendors we have for Thaw are Mom and Pop's for food, Adorable Doo's for your doggy items, Attitude Check for your event shirts, etc., CustomVan.com and Kurk for your van accessories, Gary Troutman's Jumbo Peanuts, Fort Brewster, Murf's, Angie's Tie-Die etc., BLT Patches and Things, possibly Phil's toys. Depends on my mood. lol. I may have missed some so I will double check tomorrow. Working on a pizza guy. Hoping they come through.
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 16th 2012 12:11 pm
Ooooooo, I'll take a BLT on wheat toast!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 16th 2012 12:12 pm
Ooooooo, I'll take a BLT on wheat toast!

I want to see that BLT on wheat toast. I may even bring the toast. lol
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 16th 2012 12:14 pm
Oh..I'll talk to Garry and Larry about donating a keg for the black box. They got a little bent out of shape after Freezeout because they paid out of their pocket for the keg and nobody in our club helped pay, myself included which makes me feel like a total ass.

We're having a meeting at Thaw to discuss charging dues for stuff like this.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 16th 2012 12:24 pm
Hey that makes perfect sense to me. If it is a problem do not worry about it. We are going to try for one ourselves but at this point we are in the hole. Hoping we get more pre-reg and gate attendees. I may just put out the money myself for one even though I do not have the extra. Will just have to sell some more. lol
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 16th 2012 2:51 pm
EXTRA! EXTRA!! EXTRA!! This just in. NCBV has graciously donated another half of beer for Thaw. We now have two committed halves for the Black Box. Thanks Performance for allowing the use of the box for beer disbursement and enjoyment. Still trying to decide what the other half will be that is being donated by Paul aka Vanfun. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 16th 2012 3:04 pm
Bud Light gets my vote!

Thanks to Paul, NCBV & Performance !!!

Are we there yet?
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 16th 2012 3:06 pm
Bud Light gets my vote!

Thanks to Paul, NCBV & Performance !!!

Are we there yet?
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 16th 2012 4:00 pm
Oh..I'll talk to Garry and Larry about donating a keg for the black box. They got a little bent out of shape after Freezeout because they paid out of their pocket for the keg and nobody in our club helped pay, myself included which makes me feel like a total ass.

Do 50/50 for that Nate
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 16th 2012 4:03 pm

Do 50/50 for that Nate

Yepper...we are. Talked to Garry this morning about the keg and that's what he was saying.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 16th 2012 4:05 pm
Cool, bow
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 16th 2012 7:28 pm

Do 50/50 for that Nate

Yepper...we are. Talked to Garry this morning about the keg and that's what he was saying.

The big question will be, can the Larry and Garry by tickets too? lol
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 16th 2012 7:30 pm
Another News Flash!!! PVC has also graciously donated a half as well. Looks like we will be having a great time thanks to all the donations. You guys are great.
Posted By: Richbeer Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 17th 2012 12:18 am
Bud Light gets my vote!

Whenever anyone in our club says "what kind of beer should we get" about the only constant answer is "No Bud and No Light beer".

So I guess we know how Performance votes.

And a great big Woo-Hoo goes out to all the clubs that are steppin' up to the plate to help Susquehanna go out with a bang!

Let's all show them our appreciation for the 30 long years they've been puttin' on this run for us.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 17th 2012 12:21 am
The big question will be, can the Larry and Garry by tickets too?

We all know who will win if they do lol
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 17th 2012 1:15 am
Bud Light gets my vote!

Whenever anyone in our club says "what kind of beer should we get" about the only constant answer is "No Bud and No Light beer".

So I guess we know how Performance votes.

And a great big Woo-Hoo goes out to all the clubs that are steppin' up to the plate to help Susquehanna go out with a bang!

Let's all show them our appreciation for the 30 long years they've been puttin' on this run for us.

Doesn't that just leave Yingling? (I don't know how to spell that!)lol I think Bud light would really go. It would cater to the Miller lite,Coors light,Natty light,Bush lite,Bud light guys and gals. That is just my opinion. Personally a light beer is great in the early A.M. of a run!rofl
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 17th 2012 1:38 am
NCBV will be bringing regular Coors, not Coors Light.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 17th 2012 1:52 am
NCBV will be bringing regular Coors, not Coors Light.

Wow. This is a shock. You guys always bring CL. Great to have Coors for a change..

I know the talk on the PVC front is Labatt's Blue. We may need a lite beer in there somewhere. So since Paul is making the donation, he shall make the choice of what he wants to have on tap. Whew. That got me out of making the decision. Oh, there is a Yeungling Lager lite but I am not sure if that is right. Never had it.
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 17th 2012 1:54 am
Personally a light beer is great in the early A.M. of a run!rofl

beer... it's not just for breakfast anymore
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 17th 2012 2:09 am
Personaly I don't care what kind of beer YOU choose Phil!lol I can drink anything from Labatts to Natural lite! (with exception of yeungling light) but I would drink that also if I was in a desert so.....lol Maybe some people step up and take a vote! We have regular Coors showing up so that is out of the vote. I can drink anything as long as it does not look like I just pulled my oil pan plug!! rofl Lets hear some ideas! We have one bud light vote! Lets hear it people!!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 17th 2012 2:17 am
Well there is always Miller Lite too. How do you think I keep my girlish figure? lol
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 17th 2012 10:21 am
Be cool if you could get a keg of Natty Boh (aka National Bohemian) but I don't think it can be had in a keg.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 17th 2012 11:36 am
Yeah not sure they have that in a keg.

On another note, I do not know how many people out there are trout fishermen. There is a stocked trout stream behind the grounds through the woods. You do need a PA fishing license and trout stamp I believe. Do not want to get caught without. Just throwing this out there.
I have no clue who in my club is planning on attending... but I'm going to try like hell to get there - even if I'm by my lonesome. I'm sure I have a parking spot with Loonie Toons...
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 17th 2012 2:00 pm
We have one bud light vote! Lets hear it people!!

vote early.. vote often..
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 17th 2012 8:10 pm
No time for fishing,I'll be to busy Vannin shift
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 17th 2012 9:21 pm
Originally Posted by Blondie420
I have no clue who in my club is planning on attending... but I'm going to try like hell to get there - even if I'm by my lonesome. I'm sure I have a parking spot with Loonie Toons...

Hope to see ya there Amie!

Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 17th 2012 9:30 pm

Hope to see ya there Amie!

I'm not Fat. I'm Fluffy
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 17th 2012 9:39 pm
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 18th 2012 1:20 am
rofl Fluffy
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 18th 2012 1:29 am
I was wondering if I could find a video/song named Spring Thaw. Well it is named Spring Thaw but not really sure about the song.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 18th 2012 1:34 am
Hmmmm....what about the theme?

Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 18th 2012 1:19 pm
We have one bud light vote! Lets hear it people!!

vote early.. vote often..

Although I do enjoy Yuengling, Can't drink that all day and expect to be standing at night grin
I'll second the Bud Light!
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 18th 2012 1:22 pm

Hope you can make it Amie, You know you are always welcome at our site!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 18th 2012 2:00 pm
So at this point we have 2 votes for Bud Lite. 1 vote for Miller Lite. A National Bohemian. Wendy just voted for Miller Lite so we are 2 for Miller Lite now.
Called the distributor yesterday and ordered the LaBatt's Blue. They have the lite's in stock.
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 18th 2012 4:09 pm
oh..I don't want a whole keg of Natty Boh. I'm bringing a 30-pack of it and besides we're supplying the Coors.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 18th 2012 4:23 pm
Woo Hoo Coors yay
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 18th 2012 5:39 pm
I won this cooler in the raffle at Shawnzo's benefit.
Going to bring it to Spring Thaw...

[Linked Image]

Jager Bombs all around! devil

Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 18th 2012 5:56 pm
Cool. I need to have one. Never have. I am so lame. lol
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 18th 2012 8:01 pm
Jager Bombs all around

jager is the devil
Posted By: Richbeer Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 18th 2012 11:40 pm
So at this point we have 2 votes for Bud Lite. 1 vote for Miller Lite. A National Bohemian. Wendy just voted for Miller Lite so we are 2 for Miller Lite now.
Called the distributor yesterday and ordered the LaBatt's Blue. They have the lite's in stock.

Light beer? Can't we get real beer? Looks like we'll have at least 7 vans there so Performance throws in 7 votes for real beer (and no Bud).

On the other hand, one thing Light Beer is good for is washing vans...maybe we can just put it out for the guys before the van show to use to clean up?

Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 19th 2012 12:46 am
Well LaBatt's is real beer. Too bad we could not get the LaBatt's direct from Canada. May be a bit higher in octane. Hmmmmm.....I wonder if we could get a keg of Dogfish 90 Minute IPA? Now that would be good. Also a bit expensive too. Oh well. I can dream can't I? Of course some Samuel Adams would be good too. A half of Boston Lager would work.
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 19th 2012 1:25 am
I vote for...... I really don't care!rofl Like Galaxy said I love yeigaling ling ling but all day? I could do Bud all day but I find there is a lot of people that don't like that,here and every where else it seems but some how it is the second most sold beer. Oh maybe that is because Ghetto Rat drinks it!lol
Miller lite is a very popular beer also! Could the Bud light guys do Miller light? I know I can cause I saw me do it before!
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 19th 2012 12:36 pm
@ the end of the day, it doesn't matter that much to me. what ever the mystery keg ends up being will be just fine.

Thanks again to those who have been gracious enough to make the donations & to Performance for bringing the black box !!!

cheers

Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 19th 2012 12:49 pm
Any beer tastes great IF IT IS COLD AND FREE.!!!!!........LOL

....Wookee
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 19th 2012 12:56 pm

....Wookee

VERY VERY TRUE!!!!
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 19th 2012 1:33 pm
Any beer tastes great IF IT IS COLD AND FREE.!!!!!

very true Wookee!
Oh maybe that is because Ghetto Rat drinks it!lol

Hey, how did I get in this conversation !
Leave me and my Bud alone. LOL
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 19th 2012 4:21 pm

....Wookee

Ding ding ding...we have a winner folks. lol

Pabst would be the only exception to that though. Yuck.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 19th 2012 4:39 pm
sick PBR'S
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 19th 2012 4:43 pm
I think I may have one worse. Piel's and Piel's lite. That is what my parents used to drink. Only beer I knew that you could buy a case for under $5.
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 19th 2012 4:50 pm
Kroeger super market had they're own beer back in the early 80's, it was in their "cost cutter" line up. Bright yellow cans with scissors for the logo... hands down the worst shit ever

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 19th 2012 7:00 pm
I would rather drink Piels Phil. I've had it ice ice cold and it's not that bad. Pabst makes me want to upchuck.
Posted By: Cherry Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 19th 2012 9:56 pm
I'll be bringing my own Magners if I make it up that way - which I'm planning on doing.

I have a question - do I need to print out that registration thing if I'm paying at the gate? My house on wheels doesn't quite accommodate a printer
Posted By: DrBob Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 19th 2012 9:58 pm
No Cherry they have them at the gate.
Posted By: Cherry Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 19th 2012 10:04 pm
Groovy, thanks, Bob.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 12:14 am
Yes we will have forms to fill out for you at the gate. No worries. The "Gate Bitches" will take care of you.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 12:55 am
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Gate Bitches'? devil
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 1:10 am
I vote PBR! Looks like I have my beer supplyrofl Yes I amuse myself at times but I don't get out much!lol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 1:30 am
lol Paul you're Crazy crazy But I like Crazy people smile
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 1:38 am
Ok we will get a keg of PBR. Hope the distributor does not laugh at me. lol
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 1:44 am
Oh but you know he will so you better make it Miller light so he doesn't!lol
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 1:48 am
That is the direction I was leaning anyway. Then I can keep my girlish figure.
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 1:58 am
Perfect Phil!lol
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 2:59 am
Could the Bud light guys do Miller light?

I would be happy with Miller light... Or any light beer really.
As I remember the box has two taps. Why can't we do one full body beer and one light beer?

Posted By: Diana Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 3:12 am
Tic toc tic toc... Order your shirt before Sundays cutoff...and see you there

Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 3:18 am
Could the Bud light guys do Miller light?

I would be happy with Miller light... Or any light beer really.
As I remember the box has two taps. Why can't we do one full body beer and one light beer?

Yep either LaBatts Blue will be on or Coor's.
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 1:39 pm
bring it on, I've got my red solo cup ready!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 4:07 pm
Bottom line is you'll drink what's in the Black Box and like it! lol

Mutt..ha! Red Solo Cup my arse. I have a big Tony Stewart mug to fill up! grin
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 4:10 pm
Mutt..ha! Red Solo Cup my arse. I have a big Tony Stewart mug to fill up! grin

I was just tryin to fancy the place up a little rofl
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 4:15 pm
Free beer
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 6:05 pm
Free beer

That pretty much sums it up right there.
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 6:29 pm
& cold beer
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 6:43 pm
Are we there yet? Less than a week until the official gate opens. Although I am sure several of you will be early. Even a day early. No worries. I will be there around noon on Thursday. Have some vendors coming so need to get them situated. You could also come and get situated if you need. If I am the only one there I may put you to work. lol
Can't wait. Started loading things in the trailer already. Rounded up all my shirts. From #1 to #29. I will get #30 there. I find it amazing how much the shirts shrank over the years. Or did I just expand? Hmmmm.....
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 20th 2012 7:14 pm
Can't wait shift

For some reason shirts shrink in the closet lol
Posted By: Cherry Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 21st 2012 6:46 pm
Just made reservations at a RV park in Millmont for the early part of next week smile
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 22nd 2012 2:40 am
Tic Toc Getting closer van
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 22nd 2012 3:11 am
let's ride
Posted By: Diana Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 22nd 2012 12:19 pm
LAST CALL.... WILL TAKE ORDERS ONLINE TILL MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.... IF YOUR GOING AND WANT A SHIRT GET YOUR ORDER IN

Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 22nd 2012 12:37 pm
yeah What she said.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 22nd 2012 1:03 pm
So here I sit going over my checklist to make sure everything is a go. Just a few more details to work over. Designing the temporary showers in my head. Need to put them on paper now and then make them reality. Should work out. Just need something for ground cover for people to stand on. Suggestions anyone?
Posted By: Diana Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 22nd 2012 1:20 pm
tarps (plastic can be slippery though) or some cheap sheets
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 22nd 2012 1:34 pm
rubber mats..with holes in them.
Pallets
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 22nd 2012 2:05 pm
I was thinking of the pallets idea but would need to cover them up somehow so that no one breaks an ankle or something. The tarp idea may work. I just do not want to see anyone on bare muddy ground. Sort of defeats the purpose of a shower. Perhaps pallets with rubber mats on them. Hmmmm
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 22nd 2012 3:36 pm
does anyone have an old rubber truck bed mat?
Posted By: rizzman Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 22nd 2012 5:13 pm
this is stuff im bringin to spring thaw. It will go chip just come an talk to me Its all ford
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
the seats are old schooll
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 22nd 2012 5:30 pm
WOW! Lots of cool stuff
1x2 wood slats over 2x4's makes a good shower floor, be sure to put slats close together...otherwise, hurts feet(specially old ones like mine)
Hey Cherry...a year in your van...sounds cool
How much does the rv park in Millmont charge per night?
Would you be so kind as to give me the name of the park..I am vending and will be heading down a day or two early.
thanks.
phil any news on having fires ?
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 22nd 2012 9:20 pm
I am not sure if it is this campground she is referring to. It is fairly close.

http://www.sunsationalfamilycampground.com/
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 22nd 2012 9:22 pm
Originally Posted by Jim Dutchman
phil any news on having fires ?

I am going to call out there tomorrow but with the rain and other stuff we are getting today and the next couple days I am sure there will be no problem. I will let everyone know for sure. If you plan on having a fire, please bring a fire ring or other ring to keep the fire under control. Thanks.
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 1:46 am
Phil I have a rubber mat whith holes in it. It is about the size of a pallet. I could throw it in the van if you need it!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 2:08 am
Sure. Thaw would help. Thanks.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 10:42 am
I'll be bringing some of my videos if anybody is interested.
Posted By: Cherry Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 12:24 pm
I am not sure if it is this campground she is referring to. It is fairly close.

http://www.sunsationalfamilycampground.com/

Yep, that's the one. Non-waterfront sites are $25 a night with full hook-ups. I'm hoping they'll take my Good Sam card and give me a discount (if my card ever gets here)

Edited to add - the RV park is only 15 minutes from the fairgrounds.
Posted By: Cherry Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 12:25 pm
Oh by the way - I carry a painting drop cloth with me for outside showering. It's rough on one side so non-slip.
Well, that's worth the price of admission right there guys !
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 2:49 pm
Originally Posted by Ghetto Rat
Well, that's worth the price of admission right there guys !

So does that mean you are making the trip? lol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 3:10 pm
Any Snow?
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 3:37 pm
Any Snow?

Not here. West of us. I don't think they got any at the grounds. Besides it won't last anyway.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 4:09 pm
yay No snow
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 7:02 pm
No camp fire ban this year correct?
This came up in conversation at the van blessing.
Also getting ready to pack up the Van.....
Is it Friday yet?

......Wookee
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 7:28 pm
OK HERE IS THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE FIRES. THERE IS NO BURN BAN SO FIRES ARE ALLOWED. JUST MAKE SURE TO KEEP THEM UNDER CONTROL AND NOT IN CERTAIN AREAS THAT WILL BE MARKED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 7:32 pm
Thank you for your support..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 8:06 pm
Ahahahahahahaha!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 8:56 pm
Let there be Fire
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 8:56 pm
Let there be Fire

we're gonna need it
I'll be thinkin about ya'll. Take lots of pictures so the rest of us can see what we missed.
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 9:38 pm
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 11:20 pm
Good pull Nate. Great song!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 23rd 2012 11:33 pm
Very Good Nate
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 12:44 am
Let's just make sure that the fires are not too big. I went out on a limb to get them to allow fires. It is technically not allowed according to contract but they said it would be okay as long as they are controlled/contained.
Oh and I agree. We are going to need them. going to be chilly at night. There is wood along the tree line on the one side of the park that they said people could use. It may just need cut up. Chainsaw anyone? But not Texas Chainsaw.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 12:47 am
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 1:28 am
What kink of electric source is there Phil? Alot,few,bring generator??
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 1:59 am
There is quite a bit of electric and water around. There is an area in the back of the grounds that has about 10 duplexes on each stand that are 30A breakers. There is also a 50A plug for bigger RV's. I do not see a need to bring a generator unless you want to park in one of the areas where there is no electric or water. There are those areas there too. Primitive would describe them best.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 2:02 am
This area here has lots of electric.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 2:09 am
That looks primitive enoughlol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 2:12 am
It will look alot better filled with Vans
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 2:16 am
Yuuuuuup!lol
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 3:15 am
Ok the silver boxes you see in the distance are these.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 3:22 am
Wow! I was talking about the woods but that is a lot of plugs etc!! Awsome!!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 3:36 am
If you want primitive there is an area there for that.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 3:41 am
rofl No Im good with a little electric! lol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 10:45 am
No Thanks,I'll take electric too grin
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 10:58 am
Just as long as I can run an extension cord for my heater I'm fine.
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 12:35 pm
Just as long as I can run an extension cord for my heater I'm fine.

yeah
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 2:09 pm
Well getting down to the wire now. Tic Toc for me. Need to do a supply run. Can't wait to see everyone on Thursday/Friday. Looks like it will be a great weekend. Doing some loading of supplies today and more tomorrow. Taking van toys along. Have a set of chrome Edelbrock valve covers, another set of chrome valve covers and a 350 Turbo Chrome tranny pan. About 20 van belt buckles. About 50 Van magazines. Lots more. Need to raise funds so good way to do it.
Well off to get buzzed and then supply shopping.

Buzzed = Haircut.
How far away is the ski lift?

I saw the snow to the west--just curious if
there has been any near the eVANt!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 3:27 pm
The snow was west of us. The grounds didnt get any. Although one of the games will be spring ski.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 4:10 pm
Ski

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 4:13 pm
I should be ready to roll by Thursday. But I'm still not sure if I'm going head over on Thursday night or Friday morning. Thanks for the additional pics Phil, the grounds look great! Unfortunately the weather doesn't look so great, hopefully it'll get better by the weekend. grin

Thursday: Scattered thunderstorms possible. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 40s.

Friday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in the upper 30s.

Saturday: Few showers. Highs in the upper 40s and lows in the low 40s.

Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 5:30 pm
One more work day to go, then north bound & down!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 7:36 pm
Well here is the weather I got. Pretty much typical spring weather.
Thursday: Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. South wind between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm, then a slight chance of showers between 8pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.

Saturday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 60. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Does not look too bad to me.

Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 7:42 pm
or the short & to the point version..

a drunk front is due to cross the area beginning Thursday, lasting thru the weekend.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 8:43 pm
Sounds fine to me,I've been Vannin in colder weather than that
Posted By: Bobert Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 11:20 pm
be there early thursday nite, see ya.
Posted By: CaptFlaps Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 11:40 pm
This sounds like "shorts" weather to me.
This January I thought I'd try some winter outdoor vending/vanning - I know, what was I thinking...so I line up a weekend snowmobile motocross type event in Plattsburgh, NY - load up the trailer and van and off I go a couple of days early. It snowed the entire 7 hour drive up and stopped when I arrived. The event was on the lake shore and the wind was a steady 35-50 MPH....oh,and did I mention it was 9 below.....I now have full knowledge and respect for "wind chill factor"
Please stop by and visit me at Spring Thaw for the rest of the story...I'll be the guy wearing shorts.

Posted By: SFS60 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 24th 2012 11:50 pm
Guess i better remember to bring pant's !!
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 12:00 am
Originally Posted by SFS60
Guess i better remember to bring pant's !!

they're over rated..
Posted By: SFS60 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 12:06 am
I forgot my pant's at butler 2 year's ago and walked around in a sleeping bag at night !!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 12:32 am
I forgot my pant's at butler 2 year's ago and walked around in a sleeping bag at night !!

That would be funny to see but please wear pants. My heart can't take that much shock. lol
Posted By: SFS60 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 12:43 am
PHIL,i didn't feel that bad after i found out matchstick forgot all his clothes !!!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 12:47 am
That that would be funny. Skinny ass white boy with no tan and no clothes. rofl
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 1:55 am
Lets just go!!!!!shift
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 1:56 am
Now how did I know this would be a 50 page thread? lol
Don't forget you're heaters boys and girls....
As of tonight, more on the Loonie Toon site!
(8 vans now) yay
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 2:01 am
Please bring your pants rofl
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 2:07 am
(8 vans now) yay

Awsome! Yeah I can forget everything else but the heater is a GO!!Or just piles of blankets!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 2:25 am
I have back up heaters for the back ups. Need to get propane tomorrow and then the mh will have heat.

Getting antsy now. Just hoping everything will be ok. I just wish the weather this weekend would be like it was a couple weeks ago. Will still be ok. Will not be a Spring Thaw without unpredictable weather.

Now if I can just get a decent nights sleep the next 2 nights.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 2:30 am
(8 vans now) yay

Oh and 50 page thread. Hoping to get that before the start of Thaw. lol

Good to hear Charlie. Hoping for a great turn out from everyone so we can say goodbye in style.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 2:31 am
You're getting sleepy,Very Sleepy grin
Posted By: Cherry Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 2:34 am
Sign me up for one of those there electric spots. As for the weather - last night was my first full night in the van. When I woke up this morning it was 33 degrees outside and I was snug as a bug in a rug. 6 cats times approximately 65 btus each = warm Cherry smile
Posted By: Diana Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 2:33 am
Be there Thursday, will try to bring some sunshine... but I'll have an extra heater in the trailer just in case....only doing about a dozen extra shirts to bring... Mike still has the screens up so send any last minute requests to me at Diana@masterpiecesbyme.com
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 2:56 am
Sent you a message Diana. Got a call from someone who can not make it until Saturday morning.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 2:57 am
Originally Posted by Cherry
Sign me up for one of those there electric spots. As for the weather - last night was my first full night in the van. When I woke up this morning it was 33 degrees outside and I was snug as a bug in a rug. 6 cats times approximately 65 btus each = warm Cherry smile

Are you at the campground in Millmont already?
Posted By: mooney Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 3:45 am
Missing another Spring Thaw cry

I really need to catch up soon. Need to find my next Van so i can get in to the evants grin

See you all sometime this summer.
We'll be vending a bit of pet stuff, so if you need anything in particular send me a PM or give Deb or I a call or text.

Also, the girls have chickens and we sell Farm Fresh, Free Range eggs (multiple colors) and was wondering if we should bring some to sell. Anyone interested? $3 a dozen. They'll prolly be the best eggs you ever ate.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 10:17 am
That sounds like a good deal Ken,Bring what you can I'm sure us Vanners will buy something
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 12:03 pm
Woo hoo can't wait!!!!!!!

Garry and Larry will have their new camper there..sounds like a really nice one too.
Posted By: VanPLan Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 12:12 pm
I tried and I tried...but not gonna make it. It's just time to get so much done to get my van back up to par. So I can safely and reliably enjoy it. Hope everybody has a great time. beer

coffee
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 1:53 pm
Sorry to hear that. Hope you can get the van fixed up for other runs. We will hoist a few for you. Will be a tough job but I am sure we can drink your share. lol beer
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 2:59 pm
Ok here are some details for anyone wanting to use their GPS to get there. The address on the fliers does not always show up on a GPS. I found that Hwy 235 works when entering the address. The following is the GPS details on the grounds:

You entered: 1111 State Route 235 Laurelton, PA 17835

The Yahoo! geocoder found:
1111 PA-235, 17835, Laurelton, Union County, Pennsylvania, United States
street address: 1111 PA-235
ZIP/postal code: 17835
city: Laurelton
county/district: Union County
state/province: Pennsylvania
latitude, longitude:

40.889589, -77.200451
40.889589 -77.200451

N40° 53.3753', W077° 12.0271'

Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 3:13 pm
Using only "235" for the street name worked like a champ in my Garmin
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 3:39 pm
Good. That works. Just want to make sure everyone has the right directions, coordinates, etc.

If anyone happens to get there before me, please park across the street in the parking lot. The gates will be closed. I will be getting there around noonish tomorrow.
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 4:01 pm
The gates will be closed.

so we crashed the gate doing 98, let them truckers roll.. 10-4
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 4:13 pm
Closed frown Good thing I won't be there til Fri yay
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 4:49 pm
Closed frown Good thing I won't be there til Fri yay

don't over sleep!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 5:24 pm
Only closed until i get there. Hope that is not a problem for anyone. Sorry.
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 6:05 pm

No worries Phil, thanks for all of your effort putting this together for us!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 7:22 pm

No worries Phil, thanks for all of your effort putting this together for us!

yeah bow
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 7:32 pm
Thank you. Maybe my stress level will lower come this weekend. Just wish I had control over the weather.

Oh and now we have hit the 50 page mark. Way cool.

Planning on doing a 50/50 raffle there. I want to give the proceeds to Judi and Shawn. Hoping everyone will buy tickets so we can give them a great donation. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 7:42 pm
Well this weather forecast looks a little better now.

Tonight: A chance of showers after 2am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 40. West wind between 5 and 8 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Thursday: Showers likely, mainly between 8am and 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 58. East wind at 5 mph becoming southwest. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Thursday Night: A chance of showers, mainly before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 37. West wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 56. West wind between 13 and 17 mph.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. North wind between 5 and 7 mph.

Saturday: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 8:51 pm
I'll be home Sunday night grin

I knew we could hit 50 pages yay
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 10:23 pm
Is GNVC assisting you Phil?

NCBV should be there by 10am or so Friday morning.
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 25th 2012 11:34 pm
my busted ass old van is ready to go. getting up early to hit spring carlisle on the way. from there, off to the thaw..

if i wake up in the am, the rest will just fall together
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 12:34 am
I only have to wash the van, vacuum out all extra debris,install a seat, tuck some wires out of the way, throw in a air matress and blankets,pack a cooler, throw some close in a bag, and hopefully throw in the CB so I have somthing to play with on the way!grin Oh yeah and install 2 dishwashers before departure. Looks like a Friday AM departure for me! But I am stoked! Oh yeah and throw in a shower mat!lol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 1:06 am
Sounds like you're almost done lol
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 1:09 am
Is GNVC assisting you Phil?

NCBV should be there by 10am or so Friday morning.

Yes GNVC is helping. They are going to be helping out when they get there. Most are leaving out tomorrow afternoon to be there early evening.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 1:17 am
I only have to wash the van, vacuum out all extra debris,install a seat, tuck some wires out of the way, throw in a air matress and blankets,pack a cooler, throw some close in a bag, and hopefully throw in the CB so I have somthing to play with on the way!grin Oh yeah and install 2 dishwashers before departure. Looks like a Friday AM departure for me! But I am stoked! Oh yeah and throw in a shower mat!lol

Slacker. rofl Is the shower mat thing a stab? lol Just kidding man. See you Friday.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 3:30 am
Well time to get some sleep. Need to get up early to finish packing. Last decent night sleep for a couple days. See you all in the AM for when I sign off of here and head to the grounds.
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 3:32 am
Good luck Phil! Sleep well! See ya Friday!cheers
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 4:13 am
Sleep tight Phil
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 4:19 am
Sleeping is a waste of time at a van event........LOL

.......Wookee
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 1:36 pm
Doesn't matter much. I barely slept anyway. Too many things running through my mind. Just a few more things to do and will be outta here.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 2:05 pm
Well as others have said before....KERPLUNK!!! I am out of here. See you all tonight and tomorrow.

Damn I dropped my laptop. Now I need to pick it up. lol

As Knighty would say, TIETIS! Later.
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 4:22 pm
should I stay or should I go now lol
The van is all packed and ready go, I'm done with work until Tuesday, but it's pouring rain now. And that takes all the fun out the drive for me. Is it worth an extra $15 to sit in the rain? Guess I'll wait an hour, make some lunch and see if it clears up.
If not I'll be rolling out early am! yay
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 4:32 pm
Speed safe Charlie shift
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 4:37 pm
Brian bailed out so it will be just me and the twins convoying up. frown

Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 4:40 pm
Bailed out? frown
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 7:12 pm
Speed safe Charlie shift

Thanks buddy, but you know my motto...
Drive fast and take lots of chances! lol

I've decided to leave early tomorrow morning, feel free to come by the site for lunch.
And a Jager Bomb to get the afternoon started!

Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 7:25 pm
Cool,I'm in
Do you still need that video? I'll have it with me.
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 7:47 pm
Yes, thanks for the reminder. It was one of the disks from the 39th van-in set.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 7:51 pm
Got you covered buddy
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 8:27 pm
Did somebody say Jager Bombs????
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 8:30 pm
Yea Nate you in?
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 8:35 pm
Sheeit...of course!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 26th 2012 9:10 pm
Woo Hoo cheers
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 27th 2012 12:41 am
After 8 hours of doing M*****F****** paper work that I forgot I had to do before I left (quarterly crapola) I install my two dishwashers and finally start working on the van for a little I started the van and moved it etc and BEHOLD a puddle of yep water. Well since we have no air condition and there is some green in it,you geussed it antifreeze! Yippie!! Looks to be a water pump. So it will be a early afternoon leave for me but I will be there!!! I am going out to work on it now make sure I get the right one for the morning there are 2 options and nobody has either.rolleyes There is a song that keeps popping in my head right now,I get knocked down but I get up again! Me go work now so I can play tomarrow!! C ya!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 27th 2012 1:06 am
Sorry to hear this Paul,Good Luck with the part
See ya soon
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 27th 2012 11:58 am
Sorry to hear about the water pump Paul. Good luck and speed safe.

See everyone soon.
Posted By: vanfun Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 27th 2012 7:27 pm
Wagons east!! Have a cold one ready Phil!! lol
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 29th 2012 3:03 am
Well Thaw is stll hopping. Band is rocking. Beer is flowing. Weather held off and we had a dry weekend so far. From what i can hear of the band they are great. Hope everyone is having a great time as unfortunately I am flat on my back. Body gave out. Oh well. Got some pics i will post when i get home. Did not get as many as i would have liked. It has been a wild and crazy ride. Would not have changed it for anything.
Posted By: Cherry Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 29th 2012 5:40 pm
Had a great time! Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome and for all the good ideas/ advice about what to do with my house. Thanks for all your hard work Phil! Look forward to seeing you all at the next one!
Posted By: NateB Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 29th 2012 6:06 pm
Had an awesome time! Phil..you did an awesome job getting this last Spring Thaw put together. A big thanks goes out to GNVC and all the vendors as well.

Cherry..it was great to meet you and I hope you had a good time at your first eVANt! It gets quite addictive, trust me.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 29th 2012 7:04 pm
Well made it home and all I want to do is sleep. Wonder why? I will get some pictures up later. Thanks everyone who came. It was a wild ride. Glad I took the bull by the horns and made this last one happen. Would not have worked without the help from the rest of my club, GNVC who did a great job and all the other ones who helped out when asked. You were all great. Would not have been the same without everyone showing up either. Thanks to NCBV for the Coor's Lite, PVC for the LaBatt's Blue and Paul aka VanFun for the Yuengling. Thanks to the guys from GNVC for running for the other half last night. I feel bad if you happened to have the winning tickets for the 50/50's that were drawn in your absence.
I think out total was around 115-120 with everyone there. Will try to get a more accurate count later. Thanks again everyone.
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 29th 2012 11:40 pm
Here's a big thank you to Phil, Susquehanna Valley Vans, all of the vendors and to all who attended the event.

A great time was had! It was nice to put a few new faces with names, and to see some more familiar ones again.

Now, I need a nap.
Posted By: Diana Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 12:12 am
what an awesome time.... nice grounds... a big thank you to Phil and Susquehanna Valley Vans .... your efforts showed... great vendors row...

We ran out of shirts so we took orders, so while the screens are still up , if you still what a tshirt or sweatshirt let me know , the sreens will be down in a day or two and then it will be to late... you can order and pay at attitudecheckonline.com or if you prefer an Paypal payment email me we will arrange that for you...

Sorry to see this run end...
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 1:36 am
I will be sending you a message Diana. Want to make a quilt of all past shirts I have. Do not want to use up my new shirt though. Any suggestions?
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 2:01 am
Well I didn't get a whole lot of pictures this weekend because I was not too mobile. Here is what I was able to get.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v307/nautic1/Spring%20Thaw%2030-Thanks%20for%20the%20Memories/
Posted By: Diana Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 2:07 am
I will be sending you a message Diana. Want to make a quilt of all past shirts I have. Do not want to use up my new shirt though. Any suggestions?

I'll see if Mike still has the final test one before the run... it's done on tshirt material and your only going to cut it out for the quilt anyway... I'll let you know.
Had a good time - but....... COLD!!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 10:17 am
Had a Great time,Cold but Great
Thanks bow
Nice looking photo's Phil. Wish i could have made it but health isn't great at the present time. Will catch up with you and all later in the year.

Tumbleweed
Free Spirit
Spirit In The Wind
Nova Vans
Virginia Van Council
SEVC
Troopa Sinner Tribe
Posted By: rizzman Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 11:05 am
had a goo time inspite of the cold. its allways good the fist truckinn.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 4:01 pm
Youngest vanner at Spring Thaw. I may be a little prejudice on this one. lol She is 5 weeks old.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 4:04 pm
Best of Show
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 4:05 pm
Henry making a point.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 4:08 pm
It was Great meeting Cherry,And seeing old friends and new
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 4:18 pm
Yes it was great to meet Cherry and some others who we only see on here. Chuck aka Mutt and Paul aka VanFun.

Thanks also to North Chesapeake Bay Vans for the donation of the Coor's Lite, Paul for his donation towards the Yeungling and PVC for their donation towards the LaBatt's Blue. They were enjoyed by all.

Thanks also to Generation Next for all their help throughout the weekend as well as others who stepped up and helped as well. GNVC will be taking over the weekend next year. Make sure you attend their event.

Still trying to catch up. Feel like I was driven over by a truck.

great job by everyone who help with the run.. Can't say enough about all the years behind.. Hard to believe that 30 yrs has gotten away and that Thaw is history now.. So Sad but had a great time and will be looking ahead to the next run... Thanks again for all the years...
Posted By: wookee Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 6:04 pm
I was fortunate enough to make the 1st Spring Thaw.
I really wish I could say I was able to make all of them.
I was able to attend the last one.
While I all ways liked the grounds at Shangri La the best.I think this camp ground was the best one we have visited.
I believe this one had the largest van show compared to the last couple of years.
I all so noticed some very nice new vans at this event.Along with a couple of vans that have been around for a while that have been freshened up.
As far as "lifer" vanners go I am pretty sure Garry Kerr has made every Spring Thaw.If not all pretty close to all of them.
It is always neat to put new faces to the names of vanners who hang out here at vanning.com.Vanfun,Cherry,and Mutt,looked to me like they where having a good time.The neat thing is they looked like they where all seasoned vanners.
This seasoned vanner had a blast.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am really sorry to see this van event being retired.

......Wookee
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 7:22 pm
I really enjoyed all the years of putting on this event. We started it in 1982 and ended it in 2012. 30 events. Hard to believe. I searched and found all my shirts from all the years. Had them displayed at my stand. The vendors row was one of best I have seen if I have to say so myself. Have never seen a set up like that and it worked so well. Wish we would have found this grounds years ago. Would be nice if Generation Next could continue with this grounds but geographically it is not a good location for them. Time will tell.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 7:35 pm
We had about 120 vans through the gate including our own club. Was a great turn out. The rain hit on Thursday night but never the rest of the weekend. Was cold but the evant was Hot. Jesse rocked us on Friday night and Faded Daze on Saturday night. The end of an era was bittersweet and a bit emotional. Just glad everyone was there to share it with us.
great pictures phil , and thanks to everyone for a great time
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 9:08 pm
Glad I finally made it to Thaw,Sorry it was the last frown
Always wanted to go but something always came up.Thaw did go out with a BLAST.....................
Had a great time!..Nice to meet Cherry,Chuck and Paul. Also enjoyed the brewery run with the Moonlite gang. Thanks Phil and crew!
Posted By: Captain_E Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 11:27 pm
Thanks to all for the pics. Looks like it was a lot of fun,
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 11:55 pm
Originally Posted by Radarlove
Had a great time!..Nice to meet Cherry,Chuck and Paul. Also enjoyed the brewery run with the Moonlite gang. Thanks Phil and crew!

It was cool to meet you too Don. We'll spill another beer or two @ Keystone if not earlier!

Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - April 30th 2012 11:57 pm
Originally Posted by Captain_E
Thanks to all for the pics. Looks like it was a lot of fun,

Earl, you missed a great time! I'd post some photos, but I forgot to take a picture of where I put my camera! LOL
Posted By: Munz Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - May 01st 2012 4:45 am
Thia was a GREAT run as always!! I have been to quite a few Thaws and really enjoy them because its usually my opening truckin of the season. Was good to see everybody and meet some new people too. This event inspired me to rewire my interior with a converter and battery charger, I'm getting kinda tired of packing up and hooking up (X 2) all the stuff to get electric in my van and maintain the battery so...... Thanks to all who put this together for the past 30 years I really do appreciate it and I will return next year when GNVC takes it over. Thanks again Phil and crew!!
Had a blast! Thanks again Phil! Great to put faces with names also. Sorry I didn't visit with everybody but we know how it goes, the booze goes in the brain goes out!lol I had a ball! Even got a ride in the Galaxy Cruiser!! (Thanks Charley!)grin
nice pics
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - May 02nd 2012 12:15 pm
Thanks to everyone that helped make this run a huge success. I had a great time! I really liked this fairgrounds, and I hope there will be another run there sometime in the future. It was great to see some vanners that I haven't seen in awhile, and meet some new ones. Including a surprise visit from Eric Leadfoot! This was also the fist long trip this year with my van. I'm happy to report that she ran the 500 miles round trip with no problems. And even picked up a couple 1st place trophies along the way. Should be all set for vannin' season. First run done, hope to see you all again at Lost Weekend.

Even got a ride in the Galaxy Cruiser!! (Thanks Charley!)grin

It was great to finally meet you Paul!
I had fun hanging out with you over the weekend.

So glad everyone had a great time at our last event. Tried to make sure it was a good one. Too bad we didn't find these grounds years ago. Only downfall was the shower situation but we did manage to have showers and they were hot too. Now onto the next stage in our lives. Just glad we could have our granddaughter at the last one as well.
Now Generation Next will be picking up the reins with their new run. Looking for a name for their run. My suggestion was "After the Thaw". Just a suggestion. Not sure where they are going to host their event just yet but make sure you support them in their endeavors. They helped us out so much during the weekend. Also had help from Rickie, Henry, Cherry, Jarry from SCV and others who I can not remember right now.
It is sad to end this but at the same time a bit less stressful. Just glad everything came off as it should have. The grounds people were very impressed with us and impressed with the way the grounds looked. Very clean. Thanks to everyone for that. Glad we were able to have fires since it was just a bit chilly. lol
Had a great time as I knew I would. Thanks to all that helped put on a great run.

Nice to finally meet you Cherry and Mutt. Se you down the road.

my pictures are

HERE
Glad to help,Just wish the weekend would have been longer
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - May 05th 2012 3:41 pm
a rainbow from Thursday evening

[Linked Image]
cool pic
I saw that but never took a picture.

Not sure how many of you know Steve and Donna aka Mom and Pop's. Well Donna's dad just died on Thursday. Just wanted to pass this along.
Very sorry to hear that,They're in my Prayers
Posted By: Mutt Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - May 06th 2012 1:00 am
I'm very sorry to hear this... RIP
Sad news, I'll be sending warm fuzzies their way.
sorrt\y to here that
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Spring Thaw 30, April 27-29, 2012, Laurelton, PA - May 09th 2012 10:45 pm
Just went through my goodie bag today....
Hey, there was some great stuff in there!
Thanks. I really tried to get out and get as much as possible for the goodie bags for our last one. Thought they turned out good too so thanks again.
PHIL,i didn't feel that bad after i found out matchstick forgot all his clothes !!!

my motto is: Clothes are optional Attendance is Mandatory!
Originally Posted by matchstickBGV

my motto is: Clothes are optional Attendance is Mandatory!

Spoken by a True Vanner van
© Vannin' Community and Forums