Vannin' Home
Posted By: on the road 38th Midwest International Truck-In - March 07th 2012 1:14 am
Join us this Memorial Day weekend as we celebrate our 40th anniversary as a club. We will have the usual fun things going on, as well as some special stuff to celebrate 4 decades of vanning. Many of our founding and early members will be there, and we will be partyin' MVL style! One new thing this year will be free beer...yes, I said FREE BEER!!!!! while the bands are playing on both Friday and Saturday nights. Woody is cooking up some special anniversary shots, and look for Randy to have a special 40th brew ready for Sunday night. Mugsy will be back for a host of silliness on Sunday, and we are finalizing the band lineup.

Since this is our 40th year, we will be celebrating the lives of the 30 members we have lost over the years, and especially Flame, who passed away recently, and was truly the driving force behind a lot of things in our club and in vanning over the years. We will have a very special tribute during the awards on Sunday night that you will not want to miss!

The location is Rolling Hills Campground in Penfield, IL, and you can find more info on our website at www.midwestvansltd.com

Join our group on facebook, also...Midwest Vans Ltd.

We know gas prices are going crazy, but Vanpool! Tents and vanners always welcome at our event!

Want to pre reg? We even take Paypal! Message me for info!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: on the road Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - March 20th 2012 11:18 pm
Wow...no responses at all, and we got booted off the last page...Anyone showing up, or do we have to drink everything ourselves?????
Posted By: Ken_Hopcraft Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - March 20th 2012 11:59 pm
I'm working on it!!
Posted By: Deb Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - March 21st 2012 3:04 pm
Action Vans will be there in full force! BTW Gills will be turning the big 50, so we'll be toasting him; save some drinks for us smile
Posted By: HomeBrew Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - March 21st 2012 4:23 pm
WoW - 40 years! I'm planning to attend with as many people I can stuff in a van. Save me a cup ;-)
Posted By: on the road Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - March 22nd 2012 11:54 pm
Originally Posted by Ken_Hopcraft
I'm working on it!!

The drinking or the showing up????
Posted By: Lil_Ed Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - March 23rd 2012 1:14 pm
We will be there - is the pub crawl still going on this year, County Line might have some new interesting breakfast shots?

We gave you cinnamon toast crunch, pancakes with syrup, and some apples for your fruit last year. That was all in a shot variety.
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - March 23rd 2012 1:47 pm
OOPS! Sorry Howard! Yes we are going--NY is too far with the work schedule yet again this year. Sorry East Coast Vanners---they know I miss you and I will make sure there is a toast somewhere--probably at my golf widow party!!! Usually on Saturday!

Gils--I'd work up some resistance on the back side--50 is a lot of spankings!!! hee hee
Posted By: vanatic05 Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - March 23rd 2012 3:16 pm
Not sure I will make it, have to take Rita to airport in St.Louis on Saturday night so the weekend will be a wash for me...
Posted By: badboy Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - March 26th 2012 5:30 am
Cant wait!! See ya there!! FREE BEER!!!!! HELLLLLL YEEEAAHHH!!!
Posted By: on the road Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 13th 2012 6:01 pm
We had our final meeting yesterday, and made a decision...since many of you loved the pub crawl, we will be hosting an anniversary party at the pavilion on Sunday afternoon. Bring your concoctions up and join us for some anniversary fun! Any clubs that want to bring their bar up, let us know!
Posted By: Deb Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 14th 2012 4:05 pm
Action Vans had a new bar there last year. I'll ask the guys if we're bringing it up again!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 14th 2012 4:26 pm
wish I could
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 21st 2012 3:48 pm
5 more days!
Posted By: Lil_Ed Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 21st 2012 4:15 pm
Dont think we are bringing a bar up, we prefer being on the other side of bars.

Looks like my first Van run with just my son, kept telling him as soon as he is potty trained he can go with me. So I may have to be responsible this weekend.
Posted By: on the road Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 21st 2012 11:09 pm
We went to Penfield this past weekend. Great turnout of club members (and Meg) to stuff goody bags and practice partying at the park. The weather forecast looks good...hot days and cool nights!
Posted By: on the road Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 22nd 2012 12:16 pm
We have some special guests coming looking for help with their project...

WHO ARE THE GUYS WITH THE CAMERAS?
We are happy to welcome filmmakers, Andrew and Nick from Little Cabin Films, a production company in Chicago, to our event. They will be arriving on Saturday. They come to our event in their vans and are trying to capture the true story of vannin. They own vans and found out about our sport and passion through the internet and vanning.com. They met with Howard Furtak recently and wanted to come to our event with their vans and also have an opportunity to meet and interview vanners. They respect our privacy and will not film or publish anything without your permission. They will be filming our awards and memorial presentation and other group activities. If you don’t want to be interviewed then just politely let them know.
They are interested in learning more about who we are? What brought us to vanning and what keeps us vanning? They are also interested in learning more about the history of vanning and why we do what we do and why we are so passionate about it? This is about learning more about us, vanners, as people and our clubs. If you get a chance to meet them and want to spend time sharing your story, then invite them in and show them vanner hospitality! Let’s help them document our history and our future. They are arriving as van owners and we hope they leave here as vanners! They will also be attending the 40th Van Nationals this year as they carry out their mission of documenting the history of vanning. We hope they leave here looking forward to seeing their “friends” at the Nats!
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 23rd 2012 4:10 pm
Thanks Howard! If anyone is interested, you can see our work and learn more about us and our film production at: www.littlecabinfilms.com. Look forward to meeting some folks and possibly putting them on film. See you all Saturday... we'll be the one's in the green mid-dodge!

-Andrew
Posted By: on the road Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 23rd 2012 11:50 pm
Just checked the Penfield weather...

Friday-90
Saturday-94
Sunday-95
Monday-95

Sunny, Sunny, Sunny, and Sunny...

Kiddie pools, Sunscreen, Water, Gatorade, common sense...

See ya there!!!
Posted By: on the road Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 24th 2012 7:02 am
As the old saying goes...

KERRRRRRPLUNK...See ya Monday!

Posted By: Wizard78 Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 24th 2012 10:35 am
Have fun smile
Posted By: Bikertrash00 Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 24th 2012 2:28 pm
Enjoy! smile, I wish we could make it but just can't do it.
Posted By: Deb Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 29th 2012 10:38 pm
A big THANK YOU to Midwest Vans for a wonderful weekend! You guys/gals work SOOO very hard for us Vanners! I didn't take one picture the whole weekend, too busy pool hopping and trying to stay cool. The temps sure were up there last weekend; I think we're all warmed up now for the Natz! Thanks Midwest, we had a great time!
Posted By: on the road Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 30th 2012 4:53 am
just got the first batch of pictures up...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...p;aft=10150850113542312&l=b43e114501

There are 2 short videos of part of the awards presentation, too on my facebook home page
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 30th 2012 10:21 am
Cool,I'll ck them out
Posted By: draggnastro Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 30th 2012 5:44 pm
Very cool howard.
Posted By: Captain_E Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 30th 2012 6:28 pm
great pics. Looks like it was a great time! Thanks for posting them.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - May 31st 2012 2:40 pm
Just wanted to thank MVL and all the great clubs for their hospitality in helping welcome us to our first truck in. We had an absolute blast and look forward to doing it again. Met some great folks. See you all (I hope) at the Nats in the near future... I'll be the one bombing through the drainage ditch smile

-Andrew
Posted By: on the road Re: 38th Midwest International Truck-In - June 06th 2012 4:48 am
Finally got the rest of the pics edited and organized...They are at:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150865670762312.402648.650532311&type=1

for the van show, and:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150865634627312.402642.650532311&type=1

for a taste of the awards night..
Enjoy!!
© Vannin' Community and Forums