Vannin' Home
[Linked Image]

Van Fest 17 Canada's Largest van and truck show at Aylmer, Ont. Canada Pre reg by June 1 $35 at gate $45. extra people $10. Camping trailers $15. send to Vanfest 225 Hysert St. Grimsby, Ontario Canada L3M4E7 web site is https://www.vanning.com/vanfest/ info call Stacy 905-643-0162 or e-mail vanfest@hotmail.com theme is Roaring Twenties, from the west on 401 take Wellington Rd to Hwy 3 St. Thomas to Springwater Rd. to the Conservation Rd. From the East 401 to Hwy 73 thought Aylmer to Conservation Rd. address is 8079 Springwater Road Aylmer, ON GPS Cords are N 42 45.019 W 81 01.685
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 16, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - September 28th 2011 12:46 pm
Made a slight adjustment on the web adress. The Vanfest page is now on vanning.com, thanks to Astro for hosting this for us.

Have some work to do transferring it over, will have that done shortly.
Posted By: spicoli Vanfest 17 - January 25th 2012 12:46 am
FROM THE HEAD OFFICE OF VANFEST 17
Are you ready for this ,we are not,but were workin on it.This you could say is 1st call to wake you up and give ya something to think about like we are right now.so we want you to think about cooler packing ,music selection,what colour pajamas are you wearing.mmmmmmmmmmmmm just something to think about
thanks for listen
you freindly spokesmen
kevin
STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATES SHORTLY
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vanfest 17 - January 25th 2012 12:48 am
WHAT !
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Vanfest 17 - January 26th 2012 5:40 pm
We are ready! All we need is $ lol
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 17 - January 26th 2012 6:01 pm
By the way we have moved the Vanfest website it's now on vanning.com

Posted By: HOCKEY CRAZY Re: Vanfest 17 - February 08th 2012 5:43 am
Hope to make it this year..... Our 78 Chevy that has been in body shops for last two years should be coming home to us at the end of March....Then we still have some things to do (windshield, new weatherstripping, bumper, ect) and try to figure out how to put it back together! considering the first jerk that had it and took it apart just threw all nut, bolts, screws into a box!
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 17 - February 12th 2012 11:37 pm
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS
Posted By: Michael_Rusty_Lapoint Re: Vanfest 17 - February 15th 2012 12:16 am
Where can i find the pictures for the previous run coverage of vanfest shows
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 17 - February 15th 2012 12:26 am
Vanfest page is here now. There are pictures from last year's event there now. I'll add back past years in the next week.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Vanfest 17 - February 15th 2012 8:34 pm
I'm ready!
Posted By: SFS60 Re: Vanfest 17 - February 16th 2012 12:52 am
I"ll be there - ALOHA !!
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Vanfest 17 - February 16th 2012 5:48 pm
Awesome Stan! We'll hook up along the way!
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: Vanfest 17 - February 17th 2012 4:34 am
ill talk with you ken, might make this run finally smile we can meet up as you come past me
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Vanfest 17 - February 17th 2012 6:16 pm
Originally Posted by XTReME_LiMiTzZ
ill talk with you ken, might make this run finally smile we can meet up as you come past me

Sounds awesome!
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 17 - February 20th 2012 1:37 pm
Ladies & Gentleman From the Head Office on Vanfest
Well we are starting to put the final touches on this yrs event and you won't be disappointed with what we have planned.Thurdays is early entry it's $15 bucks for the night and we supply the hospitality warm up get together and pizza.Friday the show opens and the fun begins,meet and greet at 7 ,D,J starts at 8 along with our infamous dart board,and some other stuff we have up our sleeves.so pace yourself saturdays a long day.the shows on the beach again this yr you must be in the gates no later then 10 A.m saturday for show and shine .theres a pajama party saturday night along with Awards ,a great band , and an awesome party to follow.we have a new webpage at https://www.vanning.com/vanfest/ so check it out for more updates as they become available and mark you calendars June 8-10 in lovely Aylmer Ontario Canada "eh".Last yrs was a record breaking Attendance , and we would love to do that again, and for those who would like to came see the show saturday from 10 -4 it's still only $7 bucks for spectators.thanks for listening and I'll have more updates shortly so keep droppin by
From just a spokes person
Kevin Lundy
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 17 - February 24th 2012 10:35 pm
https://www.vanning.com/vanfest/
Posted By: MrHoney Re: Vanfest 17 - February 25th 2012 12:37 am
It looks like I got to go to Vanfest If I'm gonna get a real hug from Suzie smile
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Vanfest 17 - March 06th 2012 2:14 am
I'm ready!
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: Vanfest 17 - March 06th 2012 4:27 pm
You got that right Mr. Honey!

You may have to get in line--been a couple of years since we were up there last! hee hee
Posted By: Ky_Tim Re: Vanfest 17 - March 08th 2012 2:38 am
Count me in. I 'll have my blue pro street 61 Econo p/u at Vanfest this year. I just picked my vacation and got off For Carlisle Ford Nats then I'll leave there and head to Canada. Also got the Nats week off. Life is good!! Now if I can just scrounge up a boatload of gas money between now and then.
Posted By: on the road Re: Vanfest 17 - March 08th 2012 5:54 am
Wellllll..hope everyone has a great time. Vanfest is truly the ultimate party/show/reunion...The staff does a great job, and it is always a blast. maybe someday I will be able to get to another one...
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 17 - March 08th 2012 12:18 pm
Howard we'll get you to Vanfest one way or another. Saturday is going to be more action packed than usual and we have plans for you doing double duty. Howard has an amazing way with words and we really hope that he'll be there to help with the memorial to Al Brown. Al passed away Christmas day, we suggested to the family that Vanfest would be the ultimate place for the memorial to have all his friends together in one place.

Will be seeing Stacey, Kevin and Geoff this weekend at Megaspeed and be having a mini Vanfest meeting there.

Posted By: Dodges 3 Re: Vanfest 17 - March 31st 2012 9:27 pm
We`ll be there as usual, but arriving late friday nite. Save us a spot.
Posted By: 89lxstanger Re: Vanfest 16, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - April 01st 2012 4:24 am
i cant wait forvanfest this year camping out this time and my 64 will be there ( not driven or even close to it)
Posted By: 89lxstanger Re: Vanfest 17 - April 03rd 2012 2:28 am
ill be there this year went just for the show last year plan on stayin all weekend this year hauling down my 64 as well it will be in bare metal .......i CAN T wait
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 17 - April 03rd 2012 11:22 pm
Well what can i say {WE ARE READY }Welcome to the 17th Annaul Vanfest Coming June 8-10 at the springwater conservation in lovely Aylmer Ontario Canada EH.We have left no stone unturned in putting this yrs show together.This yrs theme is a Pajama party saturday night,so watch out a pillow fight could break out at anytime.We have a very special guest joining use this yr for a meet & greet Saturday,F...ormer Toronto Blue Jays 3rd Baseman Kelly Gruber. ya I said Kelly Gruber.And we are planning the best Show & Shine ever.The weather is calling for hot with a nice breeze off the lake.Vendors row is looking really good ,with everything from great food to window tinting ,pin striping,event shirts and collectables,and so much more.Its time to go truckin boys and girls so get out there and support and event near you or drive a bit and head for Vanfest.Dont sit at home and sulk about gas prices.We are putting are best foot forward to live up to our name Canada's Largest Custom Van & Truck show,So what are you waiting for ,pack a cooler and head out on the highway June 8-10 and join use for an unforgetable show
thanks for listen
your Event spokesman
Kevin Lundy
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 17 - April 08th 2012 12:11 pm
6o DAys but who's counting
Posted By: GOOFY Re: Vanfest 16, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - April 08th 2012 4:12 pm
Looking forward to it Mary and I are planning on heading up there since we cant hit the nats.
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 16, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - April 09th 2012 10:46 pm
Well what can i say {WE ARE READY }Welcome to the 17th Annaul Vanfest Coming June 8-10 at the springwater conservation in lovely Aylmer Ontario Canada EH.We have left no stone unturned in putting this yrs show together.This yrs theme is a Pajama party saturday night,so watch out a pillow fight could break out at anytime.We have a very special guest joining use this yr for a meet & greet Saturday,F...ormer Toronto Blue Jays 3rd Baseman Kelly Gruber. ya I said Kelly Gruber.And we are planning the best Show & Shine ever.The weather is calling for hot with a nice breeze off the lake.Vendors row is looking really good ,with everything from great food to window tinting ,pin striping,event shirts and collectables,and so much more.Its time to go truckin boys and girls so get out there and support and event near you or drive a bit and head for Vanfest.Dont sit at home and sulk about gas prices.We are putting are best foot forward to live up to our name Canada's Largest Custom Van & Truck show,So what are you waiting for ,pack a cooler and head out on the highway June 8-10 and join use for an unforgetable show
thanks for listen
your Event spokesman
Kevin Lundy
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vanfest 16, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - April 09th 2012 10:53 pm
We have to wait till the last minute Kev to see what we can do,we are hopeing.
Posted By: on the road Re: Vanfest 16, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - April 09th 2012 11:03 pm
So is it 16 or 17? or 17 with the exchange? Metric equivalent of 17? I am so confused!!!!!!!
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 16, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - April 09th 2012 11:34 pm
wow i cant believe 17
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Vanfest 17 - April 18th 2012 4:45 pm
I am! I'm almost ready lol
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 17 - April 22nd 2012 12:46 pm
cant wait to see you guys
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Vanfest 17 - April 25th 2012 9:26 am
Originally Posted by spicoli
cant wait to see you guys

Same here!
Posted By: Bigair49 Re: Vanfest 17 - April 25th 2012 2:01 pm
Doing every thing I can to have the van ready this year. I still have lots to do but I think it's doable
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 17 - April 25th 2012 2:36 pm
Jess if you don't get it all done by Vanfest do at least come for the Saturday. The show is open to the public and you will get a ton of ideas from the many Chevy vans and the vanners that will be there.
Posted By: Bigair49 Re: Vanfest 17 - May 03rd 2012 3:15 pm
Sounds good Doug!
I'll be there one way or another looks like my van should be in paint mid to the end of may (fingers crossed)...
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 17 - May 08th 2012 6:05 pm
Seems we need to remind vanners of this upcoming event. One of my buddies from here double booked himself not remembering that Vanfest was June 8-10 2012, ooops.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vanfest 17 - May 09th 2012 9:30 pm
We are out of this one also.maybe next year!
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 17 - May 30th 2012 12:54 pm
OptionsKevin Lundy
well only 1 wk to go boys & girls and we are ready .Dont forget this is a food drive for the local food banks so please do not forget your non perishable items.we will be collecting at the gate.
thank you and drive safe next week to our event
Posted By: Slacka Re: Vanfest 17 - May 30th 2012 10:47 pm
yo...what kind of vendors are expected. Just curious about what flavor of items will be up for grabs.

thanks!
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 17 - May 30th 2012 11:41 pm
well we have some pin stripers,speedy steapdions foodmmmmmmmmm good mad tinter,lnd imports,van tees event shirts and so much more
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 17 - June 03rd 2012 1:01 am

well six days to go got all the hard ware today including best of shows,and thats alot of plaques.we have a fun filled weekend planned so pace your self.remember Kelly Gruber from the blue jays will be there signing autographs from 10 till 1.now you should have the cooler packed the truck cleaned out and ready to pack,Dont forget your can goods for the food bank PLEASE.spectators admission saturday is 7 bucks and can goods for the food bank ,what a great deal. Now drive safe and arrive alive see you in 120 hrs from now.oh ya show show & shine runs 10-4 saturday.
Posted By: VanMan_NY Re: Vanfest 17 - June 03rd 2012 1:59 am
I'll be there FRIDAY sometime , gotta be , I'm PRE REG.
Yipppeeeee!!
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 17 - June 04th 2012 10:15 pm
Thursday:A mix of sun and cloud. Low 13. High 23. Friday:Sunny. Low 12. High 25. Saturday:Sunny. Low 13. High 26. Sunday:Sunny. Low 17. High 29.
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Vanfest 17 - June 04th 2012 10:15 pm
Not GOING FOR THE WEATHER !!!!! beer cheers yay
Posted By: PYSCHOWard Re: Vanfest 17 - June 04th 2012 10:32 pm
Hope to make it someday
Posted By: SFS60 Re: Vanfest 17 - June 04th 2012 11:37 pm
How about a weather translation for us non-canadaiens ??
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Vanfest 17 - June 05th 2012 12:08 am
Originally Posted by SFS60

OK Canadian weather is variable, if you don't like it, wait 10 minutes and it will change !!

In the evening, dark, with widely scattered periods of light in the morning !

Could be damp, or dry, or in between, so dress in removable layers...especially for cute chicks !

Gets hot near the fire, or the wet Tee-shirt contest ! Gets cold when you fall asleep with your butt in a cooler....

Its humid in the shower, and down right damp in the pond !

The mosquitoes come out at night to bite the arses of the racoons !! But the bats get the skeeters.... so all is fair....

Timmy's coffee is always hot, but Mickee Dees prints it on the cup.....Hail makes the holes in the donuts....

Electrical storms power the blenders !

Bring everything, and use none of it !!!

Enjoy Canada EH !!!

Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Vanfest 17 - June 05th 2012 12:17 am
Originally Posted by Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!!
Originally Posted by SFS60

OK Canadian weather is variable, if you don't like it, wait 10 minutes and it will change !!

In the evening, dark, with widely scattered periods of light in the morning !

Could be damp, or dry, or in between, so dress in removable layers...especially for cute chicks !

Gets hot near the fire, or the wet Tee-shirt contest ! Gets cold when you fall asleep with your butt in a cooler....

Its humid in the shower, and down right damp in the pond !

The mosquitoes come out at night to bite the arses of the racoons !! But the bats get the skeeters.... so all is fair....

Timmy's coffee is always hot, but Mickee Dees prints it on the cup.....Hail makes the holes in the donuts....

Electrical storms power the blenders !

Bring everything, and use none of it !!!

Enjoy Canada EH !!!

PS, its like Buffalo weather, only further north and less snow !!!!
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 17 - June 05th 2012 12:16 am
Forecast

Issued: 3:30 PM EDT Monday 4 June 2012
Tonight:Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers this evening and after midnight. Clearing before morning. Low 10. Tuesday:Increasing cloudiness. High 18. UV index 7 or high. Tuesday night:Clearing early in the evening. Low 9. Wednesday:A mix of sun and cloud. High 22. Thursday:A mix of sun and cloud. Low 13. High 23. Friday:Sunny. Low 12. High 25. Saturday:Sunny. Low 13. High 26. Sunday:Sunny. Low 17. High 29.
hot nice and warm
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Vanfest 17 - June 05th 2012 4:53 pm
Ok Stan ! I will translate Kevin's post for you.

Weather good Come on up !! Bring duty free beer (MGD 64 )for me smile
Posted By: SFS60 Re: Vanfest 17 - June 05th 2012 10:25 pm
That's a good question doc, how much liquor can i bring up ???
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 17 - June 06th 2012 12:46 am
i think its 3 cases of beer .
Kevin Lundy

AND PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A CANNED GOOD DRIVE FOR THE LOCAL FOOD BANKS OF AYLMER & ST THOMAS HELP FILL THE TRUCK WITH USE,WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ELGIN DODGE CHRYSLER JEEP FOR THEDODGE TRUCK TO FILL

well this will be my last post till we meet in person at the park thursday.weather looks good ,beers cold ,and we are ready.Drive safe and arrive alive.Can't wait to see your smilin' faces . gates open at 11 A.M thursday so sit at the gate house till we are ready please sleep tight and get ready for 1 hell of a pajama party saturday.
SEE YA AT THE PARK kids
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Vanfest 17 - June 06th 2012 1:58 am
Alcoholic beverages

Alcoholic beverages are products that exceed 0.5% alcohol by volume. If you meet the minimum age requirements of the province or territory where you enter Canada, you can include limited quantities of alcoholic beverages in your personal entitlement. Minimum ages for the importation of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by provincial or territorial authorities, are as follows: 18 years for Alberta, Manitoba and Quebec; and 19 years for the remaining provinces and territories.

You are allowed to import only one of the following amounts of alcoholic beverages free of duty and taxes:

1.5 litres (53 imperial ounces) of wine; or
a total of 1.14 litres (40 ounces) of alcoholic beverages; or
up to 8.5 litres of beer or ale.

Note:
The CBSA classifies "cooler" products according to the alcoholic beverage they contain. For example, beer coolers are considered to be beer and wine coolers are considered to be wine. Beverages not exceeding 0.5% alcohol by volume are not considered to be alcoholic beverages.

The quantities of alcohol you can bring in must be within the limit set by the province or territory where you enter Canada. If the value of the goods is more than the free allowance, you will have to pay duty and taxes, as well as provincial/territorial assessment on the excess amount. In Nunavut and the Northwest Territories, you cannot bring more than the free allowance. For more information, check with the appropriate provincial or territorial liquor control authority before your arrival to Canada.

From Canada Border protection site

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5082-eng.html#tphp
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 17 - June 06th 2012 11:34 am
The 3rd annual Pre Vanfest Virtual Tour happened yesterday. We filled up my TMW Astro to the brim with Econo lovers. It was a good day but some key contacts were MIA at both the Guild and Steamwhistle.

The group with Supervan:

[Linked Image]

Two extremely cool Vanups:

[Linked Image]

Doug S's garage. Doug was a member of SOVC, one of the most travelled clubs out of Canada in the heyday, they were regulars at King City and good pals with Midwest. If ever you get a chance to visit another vanner's place jump at it. Doug's setup is amazing, he just finished off the ultimate garage behind the house.

[Linked Image]

The gurus of Econolines in front of the only van we could find, a Sprinter lol

[Linked Image]

The biggest disappointment of the day was not seeing either of the vans at Steamwhistle when I was told both would likely be there. But we did have a good tour of the brewery, then the others went up the CN Tower and we finished off the day at Wayne Gretzy's with supper on the rooftop terrace.

Today Ken,Mary Frances and Bongo are hosting the many long haulers coming from all parts at their place. Ken is already lining up some photo ops,
Posted By: SFS60 Re: Vanfest 17 - June 06th 2012 11:16 pm
Meetin up at the peace bridge with a couple other vanner's at 9am. then we're off like a prom dress !!
Posted By: 67Econo Guy Re: Vanfest 17 - June 06th 2012 11:25 pm
Hi Doug,sorry I cant make VAN FEST ,have a great weekend,,,,,
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vanfest 17 - June 07th 2012 12:18 am
Have a great time,maybe next one.
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Vanfest 17 - June 07th 2012 11:07 am
KLUNK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 17 - June 07th 2012 4:09 pm
The Econo guys are providing all the photo ops before Vanfest. Crazy me thought that the threat of thunderstorms and rain could dampen the party at Kens for the long haulers. Not a chance, although I puppied out, Ken managed to snap an all time classic garage scene. I added my 2% to it to make it pop a bit. 5 Econos and a Chevy.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: on the road Re: Vanfest 17 - June 08th 2012 12:10 am
Well...thanks to the generosity of many and an empty seat leaving Battle Creek, looks like I will be there for a day...
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 17 - June 08th 2012 10:41 am
Vanfest wouldn't be the same without you Howard. So it was never a question of if you would be there this year, it was always how.
Final preparations being done now before I blast off. The van will be full of "stuff" including my full desktop PC. It's been working overtime burning DVDs and editing stuff for the memorial to Al Brown.
We'll be taking thousands of pictures this weekend. It's pretty much a done deal that we'll get our coverage in Mini Truckin' magazine, they were supposed to come but it didn't work out. I've enlisted the help of some top notch young photographers to help out with this. I'll be sending the coverage to Truckin, Street Trucks and a Canadian magazine as well. That's pretty much the only thing that we were missing with this great event was magazine coverage. Once that happens then my job is done.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: BvrWally Re: Vanfest 17 - June 08th 2012 1:09 pm
Well then...we'll be seeing you all in Canada! smile
Kerplunk!!!!!!!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 89lxstanger Re: Vanfest 17 - June 10th 2012 2:54 pm
even though nothing went according to plan for me for this years vanfest i still made it for the show, and as always good times and great show

the rain kept me from bringing out my early ford since its bare metal

thanks to everyone who hosted and works so hard to put it all on
see you all next year the count down has begun
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Vanfest 17 - June 10th 2012 5:00 pm
Well another one in the books.....got home emptied the coolers now going for a nap ! cry
Posted By: Vanner68 Re: Vanfest 17 - June 11th 2012 3:21 am
Made it for Saturday in time to see the show n shine and got to talk to Doc and Vanner Deb n Gilles... and a bunch of others.... good time and yes it is possible for 2 adults to sleep in an HHR panel comfortably, as long as one of them is only 5'1"....
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 17, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - June 11th 2012 2:58 pm
On Friday Jeff from the Carwarz Youtube channel came by. I had the pleasure of showing him a round for a few hours and we had some fun. Rob outdid himself once again :

Look down the right column beside this video, he took a good bunch.
I posted the first album from Vanfest here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...p;aft=10150876444047312&l=7b32422338

These are off my camera. I still have Geoff's and Ken's to edit and post...
Posted By: MrHoney Re: Vanfest 17, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - June 11th 2012 9:34 pm
Uh whats with all the puke ups ? I thought it was a Van Fest ?
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 17, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - June 11th 2012 10:18 pm
Lol, where were you Mr Honey ? The Bad Girls were there. Maybe you are just a keyboard vanner now. I hope you redeem yourself by going to Provanity this weekend.
Posted By: Eddie G Re: Vanfest 17, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - June 11th 2012 10:27 pm
Doug did u get my payment?
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 17, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - June 11th 2012 10:30 pm
Yes I did Eddie thank you very much. I vanner expressed your t-shirts with Robbie G.
Posted By: MrHoney Re: Vanfest 17, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - June 11th 2012 10:50 pm
My van and I wont be attending any runs this year. I'm going to leave my Van bare, as is for a while. But now that I see Vans are no longer the main vehicle at a run maybe I could drive my SUV and tent it, or stay at a hotel nearby
Originally Posted by MrHoney
My van and I wont be attending any runs this year. I'm going to leave my Van bare, as is for a while. But now that I see Vans are no longer the main vehicle at a run maybe I could drive my SUV and tent it, or stay at a hotel nearby

Not all runs are like that....don't panic
Geoff's pics are up!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...89.650532311&type=1&l=203dd34933
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 17, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - June 12th 2012 11:36 am
Huge thanks to Howard for being at Vanfest once again this year. He's always been an integral part of the Vanfest Show n Shine which is getting very close to 200 vehicles and is setup, judged and awards all given the same day. This year we also had Howard presiding over the Al Brown Memorial on Saturday right in the middle of it all in the afternoon. Howard was one of Al's oldest friends there, their friendship going back to 1976. He mentioned that he's getting too much practice at this having done the memorial at Midwest as well for 3 Midwest members who passed in the last year. Hopefully the next year will be easier on us all.
Thanks to Geoff, Sonya, Judith and all the Vanfest show n shine team and I apologize for throwing that additional constraint of the Memorial into the show n shine timing. We learned some hard lessons from all this especially me.
Posted By: Munz Re: Vanfest 17, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - June 12th 2012 8:34 pm
Thanks for posting the pics Howard. I'm a little bummed I didn't make this year, it looks like everyone had a good time, maybe next year. I don't mind the pickup's they have some really cool rides and great suspension ideas.
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 17, June 8-10, 2012, Aylmer, Ontario - June 12th 2012 9:04 pm
well ladies and gentlemen,you really rocked our world this weekend and i can't thank you enough.377 in attendance thats a record for us all thanks to you and all the wonderful staff and friends that helped usyou have help use make this a class act show and speaking of we hope to see you next yr for vanfest 18 ,its going to be bigger and better then ever.we filled a full pick up truck full of can goods for the food bank that was awesome to see thank you again its amazing what you can do with alittle help from you friends. We are also Donating $2000.00 to the local food banks wow wow wow .some one told me 15 states 3 provinces and 1 nice guy from england.if you had you camera out all weekend would you please make a copie on a cd and sent it to me please.well i could go on and on but im at a lost for words becouse i cant thank you enough for making this such an awesome show.
I'll have more to say later
kevin just a spokes person and staff member
I gave this guy a flyer but he never brought his Real Early by for the show and shine ;)

[Linked Image]
© Vannin' Community and Forums