Vannin' Home
ALTRUK VANNERS PRESENT
SUPER SOMER 10
a "Custom Van -Truck Event"
August 12-13-14, 2011
Fourtown Fairgrounds
Somers, Ct

[Linked Image]

Glenn's Pictures From Last Year's Event Covered by ..."DROP JAW" Magazine.
http://www.dropjawnation.com/shows/view_show.php?id=74

.. Fun for the Whole Family.
.. Large Van Show, over 50 Show and Shine awards given out in 2010!
.. Kids Awards
.. Custom Super Somer-10 Vanning T-Shirts
.. Goodie Bags
.. Custom Dash Plaques
.. Kids and Adult games through out the Day and Night
.. Dave From Getaway Famous "Human Fuse Ball" ...Play if you Dare!!
.. VolleyBall
.. RC Races
.. Horseshoes
.. Bat Races
.. 2010 had over 10 Vendor's, For all your Weekend Vanning Needs
.. Communication Center
.. 24 Hour Security
.. 24 Hour E.M.T on Grounds
.. Free Giveaway's During Awards!
.. Plenty of Water and Power Available
.. The Area's Best Bands both Friday and Saturday "ROCKIN" into the Night
.. Light Show & Shine Saturday night on the Midway

.. "The Vanner Appreciation Awards"
A Hall of Fame Award, Altruk Vanners Presents to Outstanding Vanners for their Commitment to our sport

Last Years Honor's Went To the One the Only ...Todd "Machine Man" Vallencort
Thank You! Todd and Mary for all your hard work that you guy's put into Supporting and Promoting Vanning!

.. Awards Presented Saturday Night Outside on the Main Stage
.. and Much,Much More!

Don't forget to check out http://www.altruk.com for all the latest info or call
Beth 203-879-7177
Pat 203-232-7541
Paul for Vending Information 203-768-2203
Gates open 12:00 noon Friday August 12th

Directions:

EGYPT ROAD Somers, CT 06071, US
Look for (SS Van Signs)

FROM I-91
Traveling I-91, North or South, take exit 47E for Route 190, into Somers Center. Turn right onto Route 83. Then turn right onto Field Road and straight onto Egypt Road. Fairgrounds will be on your right-hand side.

Directions From Rt I-84
I-84 East Bound
Take the CT-83 N exit- EXIT 64- toward ROCKVILLE / ELLINGTON.
Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto TALCOTTVILLE RD / CT-83. Continue to follow CT-83.
Turn LEFT onto WEST ST / CT-83. Continue to follow CT-83.
Turn LEFT onto BILLINGS RD.
Turn LEFT onto EGYPT Fairground on the Right

FROM POINTS NORTH:
Travel Route 83 South through Somers Center, turn right onto Field Road and straight onto Egypt Road. Fairgrounds will be on your right-hand side.

FROM POINTS SOUTH:
Travel Route 83 North turning left onto Billings Road and left onto Egypt Road. Fairgrounds will be on your right-hand side.

FROM POINTS EAST:
Travel Route 190 West into Somers Center and turn left onto
Route 83. Then turn right onto Field Road and straight onto
Egypt Road. Fairgrounds will be on your right-hand side.

Pictures From Last Year's Event Covered by DROP JAW Magazine.

Come out and make it a ...SUPER SOMER!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I sure want to make this run
Nice flier!
very nice wish we could make it
GOOD STUFF::Altruk Knows How To Jam.Many Thanks to them All for putting up with Me.
This is what I'm working on for this yrs event.

https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubb...Cruisin_New_England_Show.html#Post439618

I'm hoping to have commitment before the Council of Council on a Van segment on Crusin New England.
Altruk means business this year, flyers are out already ! The event is top notch, the van show one of the best and the games are a huge part of it. I see Dave's human Foosball is back, I'd love to see that game played after an Orange Crush fuelled blender party.
Was just talking to Rascal and he mentioned that Fourtown Fairgrounds possibly have the record for hosting the longest stretch of continuous van events between Super Somer and Boogie Bash.
I'm penciling into my schedule, hope to make it back there this year.
Posted on vandomain as well...
http://www.vandomain.com/index.php?...ay&day=12&month=08&year=2011
Originally Posted by Virtual

Was just talking to Rascal and he mentioned that Fourtown Fairgrounds possibly have the record for hosting the longest stretch of continuous van events between Super Somer and Boogie Bash.
I'm penciling into my schedule, hope to make it back there this year.

Would love to see Rascal, and you at this years SS!
Posted By: BoneHead Super Somers - Aug 12 - 14 2011, Somers, CT - March 16th 2011 5:48 pm
Four Town Fairgrounds
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Don't think we will be making this again this year. Kids 4H fair is the same week again frown
Mary Talked to Paul Mennet From Crusin New England the other day and the Super Somer Event in Aug. Is Getting TV Media coverage.IT IS A GREEN LIGHT.So Lets pack in on this event and make it a Historical van event.Can We Make Record Numbers?
That's great news Todd.
You can be sure my club will be there!
That is good news Todd. I'm working on getting someone from Hemmings to this as well.
Now we need to get everyone there to show what this shit is all about! Dust off the van and drive to Somers, CT in August.
Originally Posted by O_MAN
Dust off the van and drive to Somers, CT

Or drive to Connecticut AND THEN dust off the van. lol
Just want to bump this post:The TV Media is a go for super somer.Lots of vans & vanners will be on TV.
Man wish I had the money
Originally Posted by Wizard78
Man wish I had the money
yeah
Yes the more vans that come to this event the better.It's a shame the times are bad for all of us in this day in age.
I'm gonna make the long drive there (about 15-20 minutes for me,lol)
As long as the van is running I'll be there,
Mite even have the van painted by then.
Hey Vanner's
Some updates for Super Somer 10

Pre-Reg Now and you will receive a ...FREE Limited Edition "Im in a Drinking Club with a Vanning Problem" Beer koozie to keep your drinks cool at one of the hottest van events!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hat's off to Todd and Mary for all there hard work in getting Paul Mennett and his TV show "Cruising New England" to come film the event we are very excited and should be allot of fun.

Some of the things we might be changing this year is moving the Custom Van and Truck Show from the Show Corral to what we call "The Back 40" this is the large field behind the show corral. This will ensure plenty of room for all the Vans in the show, also provide ample room for the film crews to maneuver there cameras, sound and light equipment. We are expecting a large show so have your vans and trucks ready to roll ...line up 11:30 show to start around noon.

Light show will be moved off of vendors row to the Show Corral, The corral house lights will be shinning bright until all vans are set then we'll shut them off for all to enjoy the wonderful light show.

Brand New Band Building is being finished ...roof collapse on the old one from all the winter snow. We now have a new roof ...that will be blown off by the rocking bands scheduled Friday and Saturday night. Saturday we have 1800 returning http://www.eighteenhundred.net/ with there crazy light-lazer show and rocking music. First band break will be FLIP Cup hosted by Tim from Dysfunctional Vanners so get your drinking teams ready to flip out.

Custom Super Somer 10th Anniversary T-Shirts will be for sale at the Com-Center and Band Building Saturday Night.

Awards to be given out on Main stage 6:30 Saturday. The Vanner Appreciation Award for Super Somer 10, 2011 goes to the one and only ....Look's like you will have to be there to find out!

More info to follow:
check us out on facebook
or Altruk.com

Glenn from Drop Jaws Coverage:

Gates open up at Noon Friday!
[Linked Image]
Thanks for the update.
I think it is a great idea to move the show out of the coral. It has been to crowded in there for the last few years. And if all the vans that say they are coming show up, it could get crazy!

As far as the light show, I never minded it being on vendors row.
But I'm sure the vendors would be happy to not suck carbs. lol

I'm really looking forward to this run, I'll see ya there!
I pre-registered already and have my Koozie. It might be worn out before SS10. Hope to see a bunch of vans we have not seen in a few years. Get your van on camera and we are not talking cell phone camera.

I heard Silver City & Brass City Truckers are having get together anniversary parties on Sat. afternoon as well with music. It will be a event packed weekend. Prime the pumps and see you all there.
van van van van shift I lost my Voice and I can't talk: lol
Todd, Did you get your voice back yet!
Todd, Cruisin' Photography will be in touch near the weekend of the vent. We'll be covering Super Somers for an online newspaper owned by AOL, Ellington-Somers.patch.com. We'll also be submitting images and copy to Connecticut Cruise News.
Hey Dave
We look forward to seeing you at Super Somer-10 and to your coverage in "Connecticut Cruise News" Stop by Pre-Reg and ask for Todd or Pat and we'll get you all ready to go.

Thanks
Pat
Reminder
August 5th-6th-7th Will be Altruk Vanners Super Somer annual "Parking Warm-Up" party at the fairgrounds, bring your campers set up your sites for next weeks Super Somer-10 Custom Van Event.

"SORRY! Only open for vanners that volunteered parking cars during last years Four Town Fair"

Friday Night Aug 5 ...A group of vanners will be heading over to Stafford Motor Speedway to check out the friday night Nascar Racing Action. http://www.staffordspeedway.com/
Saturday Aug 6 ... Delicious Pasta Dinner with Fresh Salad and Home-Cooked Meatball and Hot Sausage with Spicy Garlic Bread will be served Saturday afternoon. Followed by your favorite party music by DJ Patty MAC.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by CruisinPhotography
Todd, Cruisin' Photography will be in touch near the weekend of the vent. We'll be covering Super Somers for an online newspaper owned by AOL, Ellington-Somers.patch.com. We'll also be submitting images and copy to Connecticut Cruise News.

yay This is more Great News: Dave And Kathy are Quite a Team. yay
Super Somer TV Show: OK...Who's got pictures of the vanning world in 60's & 70's.The show got ahold of Mary today and this is what we need to have to do a Good show.There is a few more things we need to get ready:So Far It's scheduled for Sat.Morn.9:00 A.M. Showtime
Geez no smack talking from John in Central LI about V-Ball or the Human Fooseball! Hope they are coming over from the Island! 4 days away from a great time. With Todd doing allot of work to get camera coverage there and the hard work by Altruk it will be one of the best.

Silver City has an 35th anniversary party on Sat with a band and I also heard that Brass City Truckers are getting the members together and having some kind of gathering.

Here is a junk yard that borders the grounds. Maybe they have some van parts in case anyone wants to take a walk over!

http://leveilles.cehost.net/
Sounds good to me! I'm really looking forward to this run.
I'll see ya on Friday. yay
OK for all Dodge owners. There will be some 86 Dodge items for sale at my camp at Super Somer.

A full set of flares.
Rear Norcal / Norcal style wing
Hood Scoop (Not hood just scoop)
And misc. other items from the van

Prices are best offer! Highest bidder!

These will not be mailed and must be bought and picked up at the event. Email before event if interested. I am off this computer tomorrow afternoon to head to the event. If not I will see you there!
I guess there will only be a few of us there according the feedback I am reading here.

Hey Galaxy I think we are neighbors if you are parking with Shawzo!

Hope to see a great turnout this weekend as the weather is suppose to be great. Hot Vans, Hot Bands and Cold Orange Crushes are on tap!

Bring your oranges because I may run out!

Hey Galaxy I think we are neighbors if you are parking with Shawzo!

Cool! Yup, that is our site.
The camper should already be there for Manchester.
I'll be there around noon tomorrow. Tim tomorrow night, And I'm not sure when the rest of the crew is rolling in. But George and Bryce are also coming.
You will have a big group then! The camper was there last weekend. See you there. O
I think the last count was 7 vans, 2 campers, and our club trailer.
Heard Central Long Island has 40 people coming!
Originally Posted by Superbeast
Heard Central Long Island has 40 people coming!

Yeah, with 2 vans. rofl
I have not heard from CLI yet! Was not sure how many they were bringing. Trying to build 4 volleyball teams I guess! We are going to miss you Ken!
Gonna miss you all too buddy!

Better keep an Ambulance close by. At lost 3 of them had to go to the hospital after volleyball. I heard it was because they came in second lol
I think we have some straight jackets available if they do not win! They are a great bunch and they show up in numbers! Not an easy ride from LI! Is anyone coming up from Running Wild other than Munz?
I'm not sure, but I would think Claude & Laurie and Tom & Ann-Marie should be going with the kids.
A New Record! ...Over 50 Pre Registration's were received for SS-10, Thanks Guy's!

Updates:

Filming for Paul Mennett and his TV show "Cruising New England" show will start around 9:00.

Dave from "Connecticut Cruise News" will also be on site taking great pictures and having fun.

Dave from Get Away "Human Fuse-ball" is set up and ready to go, Hat's of to Dave it took him a couple of hours to set this game up ...make sure you check it out!

Greg Johnson (aka) The Shrimp Guy from the Nat's is vending at SS-10 and is actual all set-up ready to cook some of his wonderful seafood delight's. Also a whole bunch of other Great Vendors for all your vanning needs ...whether it fiberglass parts or just some ice cream from TC's.

New this year we will be presenting at the awards a Custom Made Best of Show Trophy which I think vanners will get a big kick out of.

Last night I received a phone call from a vanner who himself and is wife have not been to a truckin in over 20 years, found us on the web and are very excited to attend ...We look forward to welcoming back to the family.

Silver City Vans will be hosting a 30th anniversary party in the beer garden saturday afternoon ...bring your mug, also they will be providing a band on the outside main for you dancing pleasure.

Bands are all set:
Friday Night "Classic Rock"
Saturday Night "1800" with everything from Bon Jovi to GODSMACK!

Custom 10th anniversary Super Somer-10 T-Shirts get yours "EARLY" while they last.
[Linked Image]

Im heading to the grounds now so if you have any question feel free to call me 203-232-7541 or Beth 203-217-4295

...Make it a Super Somer!
Sorry I can't make it, some unexpected issues with my van blew the budget for SS10. This is going to be a blockbuster event. Just found out yesterday that some of my buddies who haven't been seen anywhere lately will be attending the event for the first time in many years.

Have a great time everyone, I'll be there in spirit !
THanks Pat, we will do. We will be with you guys around lunchtime as we have another commitment before we hit Super Somers. Look forward to seeing you all.
Thanks for the update Pat. I gotta be sure to get a shirt this year!
My van is all packed and I'm ready to go. If I could get in tonight, I'd be on the road already! grin
See ya tomorrow.
Posted By: dan Re: Aug 12 - 14 Super Somers - Altruk Vanners - Somers, CT - August 12th 2011 3:27 am
Mine is one of those vans, Ill be there early afternoon with my kids, my Gf and her son will be joining us later friday night. Kevin will be coming after midnight with that 2nd van;)
Hope ya have a great turnout.
Posted By: DrBob Re: Aug 12 - 14 Super Somers - Altruk Vanners - Somers, CT - August 12th 2011 12:08 pm
Will be leaving @ 9:30, See you all there.
Right after breakfast, North bound and truckin'
I'm going to take the scenic ride all the way up route 15 today.
KER PLUNK!

[Linked Image]
The pictures of SS10 are flooding onto Facebook. If you have FB great, if not check out Rooster's shots on Flickr.
Rooster's coverage of Super Somer 10

Looks like a great time was had by all. Kudos to Altruk for 10 great Super Somers now ! Congrats to Todd also for his work getting the magazines and the television crew there.
Great pictures Rooster!
Anyone know who owns the dark blue early Chevy down on the bottom of page 3? Has American wheels & a maroon interior. Thanks,Brad
Great pics,looks like a great turnout.
;o Guy & Judy made it!!!! Miss those Kids..
Originally Posted by Lordmodelbuilder
Great pictures Rooster!
Anyone know who owns the dark blue early Chevy down on the bottom of page 3? Has American wheels & a maroon interior. Thanks,Brad

That would be Ron Bonomos(old school's) clean 1st gen.....
Here is a picture of the same van before he put new shoes on her

[Linked Image]

......Wookee
Freaking Awesome! Just got up from a nap that I needed real bad. Thanks to Galaxy and the crew for the late night partying!!! Vans all put away and it was a great one. Some serious vans, awesome friends and a TV station on hand and I got sucked in by Todd to interview with them. The bands! Wow I still have not got my voice back from Friday nights! Can anyone say Iron F&((kin Maiden! Sorry if I knocked anyone over with my dancing (or what I can old man moshing). To anyone who missed this event shame on you! We all have reasons but start saving up now for next year.

Awesome to see some real old friends from Canada and around new England that came out for some club anniversary parties that were held.

Everyone that went I hope you all made it home safe!

Well good night and I will let the pictures do the talking because I need to rest voice my voice for work tomorrow!
Cruisin’ Photography would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who made us so welcome at Super Somer on Saturday. Kathy and I had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet you all.

Here’s the website links for our work from the day:

Ellington-Somers Patch
http://ellington-somers.patch.com/articles/back-to-the-future-in-a-van

Cruisin’ Photography Blog
http://cruisinphotos.wordpress.com/2011/08/14/susa/

Cruisin’ Photography 72-image website gallery
http://cruisinphotos.wordpress.com/ss0813/

Many thanks, Dave Burnham
Dave,

Great job! Great to see you there and thank you for the support. Nice photos and write up!

Oasis
Great show coverage......
Very positive write up on the event.
Thank you guys for coming out and helping to shed a positive light on the "life style we vanners enjoy and love so much....

.......Wookee
Another Great job by Altruk you guys and girls are AWESOME!! Unfortunately I got there at 7pm on Saturday but I had a blast in the short time I was there!! Thanks for the pictures Rooster I almost felt like I was there all day. I also want to mention that I picked up a shifting arm for my early from Roger and I lost it somewhere in my travels so if anybody saw this could you please let me know.
Great time By Altruk and others.This Yr was record breaker. We want to Thank the Media Paul Menett and Dave Burnham for covering the event.I was asked to write a column on vanning for Paul's Cruisin' New England Mag.

Hit link for more.

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/vanlady/super%20somer%202011/

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Todd, Thanks for talking me into the interview! It was fun even though I was nervous as hell. Hopefully they promote us the way he mentioned!

I'm Cruisin New England!
Looked like an awesome time! So bummed we couldn't make it. Hopefully the stars will align next year and things will work out for us to be there.

Thank you everyone for the pictures and great coverage!
Originally Posted by Superbeast
Looked like an awesome time! So bummed we couldn't make it. Hopefully the stars will align next year and things will work out for us to be there.

Thank you everyone for the pictures and great coverage!

yeah Wish I could hit the lotto
Todd & Mary,
Great Job promoting vans. It was a pleasure meeting you guys and talking for the short time we had. Would love to be involved with your next project. I enjoyed the excitment you bring with you on vans. If you 2 are ever looking for help with parts or production......let me know. Great pictures of the interviews ...thanks for shareing. Hey call me sometime 800-495-VANS ( 8267)
I only have a few minutes while eating lunch...
But I have to thank Altruk Vanners for another awesome run!
We had such a good time this weekend! (cept for packing in the rain grin)
I'll do a full report and pics when I have some time...
Todd, Thanks for talking me into the interview! It was fun even though I was nervous as hell. Hopefully they promote us the way he mentioned!

I'm Cruisin New England!

welcome I've Known you for a very long time and your mom was my lunch lady.We Were all Nervous.One of our Vanners said they woke up earlier and the wife said it's only 4:30.Go Back to Bed. so tell me the hearts were pounding rofl
Yep There sure will be, I'm going to do a van column for the Mag.and I will be talking to Paul about Future Van Segments. The new book has vandango info along with this yrs shows and it mentions custom vans. I had forgot to bring the magazines to the Trophys.I have a box and a half.what the curse
Originally Posted by CustomVan
Todd & Mary,
Great Job promoting vans. It was a pleasure meeting you guys and talking for the short time we had. Would love to be involved with your next project. I enjoyed the excitment you bring with you on vans. If you 2 are ever looking for help with parts or production......let me know. Great pictures of the interviews ...thanks for shareing. Hey call me sometime 800-495-VANS ( 8267)

It was Fun shooting the shit with you also.I will get in touch.
Thank you to altruck for yet again hosting one of my favorite runs. Thanks to all the great people that attend this any many other events. "you guys are the best"
Thank you Altruck what a great event got to spend time with some of my best Vannin friends!! drove the 8 hour trip by myself and put Joes Van in the show I won second!!!! Had a great time!! laugh check out my pics on facebook Bunny Ebeling Western New York Vans Inc.
Great job Altruck! Central Long Island had a blast!!! We can't wait for next year...
Wow ...Altruk would like to thank all the vanners who attented Super Somer 10, Also all the volunteers who help make it such a success ...(Human Foose Ball)-Dave- Getaway Vanners, (Kid's Games) Fred & Robin Out to Lunch Vanners, (Van Show) Mike -Phuckrwees Vanners ) (Flip Cup) Tim-Dysfunctional Vanners, (Shadow Game) Kurt-Mudshark Vans, (Com Center) Linda Pauqet-NEVC, (Pre Reg) Lawrence, Bob, Sal, Tri City Vanners (RC Races) Bob Tri City Vanners.

Thanks to Todd and Mary on all there hard work in getting Paul Mennett and his TV show "Cruising New England" and also Dave and Kathy ...(Super Nice People) from "Connecticut Cruise News" to cover the event.

Great to see vanners we have not seen in many years
...Danny and Mario from Canada
...Blackie from Canada
...Phil and his Wife from Long Island, there last truckin was over 20 years ago.
...Former Member's of Silver City Vans who came for there 30 year anniversary party

Total vans through the gate was 247 ...Chris Munz being the last around 7:00 p.m. Saturday Night after driving 3-1/2 hours from Jersey in his early chevy.

Sounds like everybody enjoyed the bands both Friday and Saturday night.

Best of Show went to Mike Mosher and his awesome chopped chevy.
[Linked Image]

"The Vanner Appreciation Awards" went to Linda Pauqet
A Hall of Fame Award, Altruk Vanners Presents to Outstanding Vanners for their Commitment to our sport.
[Linked Image]

Thanks Again to All
See You Down The Road!
247 through the gate is freaking awesome!
The show n shine seemed quite large as well, Any idea how many trucks were in the show?
© Vannin' Community and Forums