Vannin' Home
Posted By: Ceejus wheels and tires! - October 16th 2012 6:48 pm
i don't know if this has been brought up before, but it might be a good idea for a sticky. i know i personally went through a wee bit of hell trying to figure out what back spacing, etc. to go with for wheels for my van. might we have a thread where we each post up a pic or 2 of our vans with the year and model of the van, as well as diameter, width, bolt pattern, back space measurement, and tire size of our wheels/tires? that way, if someone is looking for a tire wheel combo for their particular van, they would have some pics to see what they would look like. i know i would have been bent if i had spent money on wheels and tires only to have them look stupid on my van. haha! anyway, i'll start. mods, feel free to make this a sticky,or whatever it is you call them on here.

1988 Dodge B250

wheel bolt pattern = 5 on 5 1/2"
front wheels = 15x7 back space = 3 1/2"
rear wheels = 15x8 back space = 3"
front tires = 245/60-15
rear tires = 275/60-15
tire brand = Futura GLS Super Sport from Pep Boys

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ceejus Re: wheels and tires! - October 16th 2012 6:54 pm
also, i put this here in the Dodge forum for us Dodge folks. it would be cool if the Ford and Chevy guys did the same thing in their sections. it doesn't really make sense to have all the makes slapped together for something like this. if it was like that, you'd have to scour through a bunch of vans that weren't like the one you owned.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: wheels and tires! - October 16th 2012 7:37 pm
I run 275-60-15 on 15 by 8 front and rear on my 99 Dodge
I will never have another set of Futura's on any of my Vans
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: wheels and tires! - October 16th 2012 7:38 pm
My offset is 19mm
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: wheels and tires! - October 17th 2012 10:25 am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: phils Re: wheels and tires! - November 09th 2012 4:16 pm
Originally Posted by Ceejus
also, i put this here in the Dodge forum for us Dodge folks. it would be cool if the Ford and Chevy guys did the same thing in their sections. it doesn't really make sense to have all the makes slapped together for something like this. if it was like that, you'd have to scour through a bunch of vans that weren't like the one you owned.

Iv going through the same pain with my chevy, Ill start on in the chevy form if not already there, good idea btw
Posted By: Ceejus Re: wheels and tires! - November 12th 2012 9:23 pm
Originally Posted by phils
Originally Posted by Ceejus

Iv going through the same pain with my chevy, Ill start on in the chevy form if not already there, good idea btw

I just wish people would start contributing to this thread. It would make a great database for people to peruse to find the right wheel with, offset and tire size to achieve the look they want.
Posted By: Alikazam Re: wheels and tires! - November 13th 2012 1:12 am
1972 dodge van, 5 x 4.5" bolt pattern, 1/2" RH wheel studs.

18 x 8" front, 4" backspacing, Mickey Thompson SSR radials 26 x 10", front lowered by cutting a bit of a coil out of the spring. No rubbing except very slight on outter lip of tire when fully bottomed out suspension (fender lip hitting slightly).

18 x 9.5" rear, 4.5" Backspacing, Mickey Thompson SSR radials 28 x 12", rear lowered with de-arched 3/4 ton leaf springs (2" taken out), rear axle narrowed 1" vs. stock. Still 1.25" of inner clearance from bulge on tire to springs (closest thing to the tires).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: PR1 Re: wheels and tires! - November 14th 2012 7:07 pm
What steps did you take to get the rear lowered? I want to lower mine as well.
Posted By: Alikazam Re: wheels and tires! - November 15th 2012 12:40 am
I stated all I did in the post - de-arched rear leaf springs: 3/4 ton leafs with 2" taken out of the arch (new).
© Vannin' Community and Forums