Vannin' Home
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Metro rubber needs input - September 23rd 2010 4:15 pm
I posted this on the Dodge van forum, but wanted to post it here too!! The more exposure and replies the better.

I found the top header rubber for the side and rear doors on my '75 Dodge B200 at Metro Rubber so I decided to ask about the door seals and such. Well I got an e mail back;

Thanks for the inquiry. We are aware of our lack of parts for these vans,
and I agree it would probably be a good project to consider. However, we
have not received much in the way of interest and I have yet to find any OEM
or gently used parts to assess. If this is something you or your club could
help us with, I'd be willing to look some parts over and determine the
feasibility of adding replacement parts to this line. Thanks for your
interest in Metro Moulded Parts and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Mike Hinshaw
New Product Development Manager
Metro Moulded Parts, Inc.
11610 Jay Street, P.O. Box 48130
Minneapolis, MN 55448
Direct Phone: (763) 231-7836
FAX: (763) 757-7228
E-mail: mikeh@metrommp.com

So if we all e mail Mike we might get what we want. Lets do this!!

Richard
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 23rd 2010 4:51 pm
This is GREAT. Maybe this should be posted in the Ford and Chevy sections also. They may be able to help those van owners also.
Posted By: Reed Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 23rd 2010 5:20 pm
Would the weatherstrips for mid Dodges be the same as 79-up? I would be interested in all weatherstripping for 79-up vans, doors, windows, side and rear doors, triangle vent windows, everything.
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 23rd 2010 5:35 pm
I believe that '79 and up is still available. I think the numbers supersede to newer ones. The '71-'77 are the hard ones. No one makes much for these. Only front door rubber is reproduced and NOS parts are getting, if not impossible to find!

As for Ford and Chevy since I don't own one I don't know their parts situation. From what I have heard from others the parts were easier to get then for the mid Dodges. So if the case is that they are in the same boat heck why not ask about them too!! wouldn't hurt. We are all vanner brothers no matter what van we drive.

Richard
Posted By: M_S Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 23rd 2010 5:44 pm
The profile and shape of the later rubber is the same, but the pin location is different.

Someone on the B-van site used the later rubber on a mid by gluing and says it works fine.

I am all for this. I have been in contact with a company called restoration specialties about re-popping them and they need a complete NOS to decide if the tooling is worth it. If I do run across a set, I am half-minded to do it myself. Ever since I bought mine and discovered how few parts are available, I have been tossing around the idea to start making (or having made) some of these parts and see if it turns into a viable company.

I need something to do with all of my spare time and I could use my next van as a deduction.
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 23rd 2010 5:54 pm
I have a NOS ( part #'s match the originals on there now)set of rear door rubber in great shape (I am still trying to live without an arm and a leg)I would be willing to send them if we get enough interested and if someone has the side cargo doors and are willing to send them too!! That way if and when they make them we wouldn't have to use the NOS ones and everyone else wins.

Richard
Posted By: Reed Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 23rd 2010 6:27 pm
I bought what I was told was one of the last three sets in the dealer parts system of side cargo door weatherstrip for my brother's 83 Dodge van about three years ago. I doubt the side and rear cargo door weatherstrip is still available new. I haven't found any aftermarket suppliers for it. Front doors, yeah, side and rear? Nope.
Posted By: liljack Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 23rd 2010 7:37 pm
I don't think finding interest is a problem. The problem has been getting a set of strips for the manufacturers to make a mold of. I'll be emailing them.
Posted By: draggnastro Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 23rd 2010 8:03 pm
do they make stuff for an astro too?
Posted By: SixShot Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 24th 2010 12:14 am
If someone has at least a side or back barn door set they are the same just longer on side doors and I'm sure that they could be re-poped by just making it longer/shorter.The profile hasn't been the problem in my asking around it's the 'header' end pieces which are unique to Dodges on the left hand side door and left hand rear door.Not sure how different 77 back is from 78 up as far as profile and header piece.I'm up for Email'n but getting somebody to 'donate'(loan) a NOS set for inspection/measuring will take a big'ol leap of faith and trust that it'll come back someday unharmed and not 'lost in the mail'.Hope somebody does as I'm in for 4 Dodges worth.
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 24th 2010 12:48 am
I posted earlier that I have a NOS set for the back doors, that if we do get enough interest and Metro wants to do it I could send them. I also looked at my side doors and the rubber especially at the ends look good enough to copy. So I could probably send them too!

Richard
Posted By: on the road Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 24th 2010 3:05 am
Tim from Ky has an angle on some impossible to find rubber stuff for first gen Econos. From what I understand, he took one of his vans to Carlisle and left it with the R&D department for research.
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 28th 2010 8:33 pm
OK, I talked to Mike at Metro and he said only 7 people e-mailed him. Not to good knowing how many people need this stuff. I talked to him some more and it looks like I convinced him there is a market. He wants me to send my NOS rear barn door rubber for evaluation. So if all goes as planned there will be repro rear door rubber. Then next side door rubber, but we have to find some good ones. Mine are good around the ends and are dry rotted about every where else. If the core is the same as the rear and the ends are all that matters then maybe they could work with what I have unless someone has NOS!
Let's hope for the best,

Richard
Posted By: Alikazam Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 30th 2010 3:01 am
Sorry I forgot to email him. Sent an email! smile Hope they make this. Too bad I have no good rubber to contribute.
Posted By: 1TuffSportsman Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 30th 2010 3:40 am
Wonder if at some point we might get them interested in reproducing the rubber traction step pads, on the side door openings.

At this point, it's looking like I will in fact buy from Metro the drivers door seal I need. Fingers crossed they will eventually do the sliding door, single rear door, and siamsed pop out windows too.

Already emailed them too.
Posted By: NateB Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 30th 2010 10:35 am
Metro already makes all the door rubbers for the Chevy vans...why not the Dodges?

Another place you could try is Restoration Specialites out of PA. They carry a HUGE selection of parts namely for older vehicles including the early Chevys, Fords, and Dodge vans.
Posted By: M_S Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 30th 2010 4:04 pm
Nate, I was talking with RS at one point and they seemed less than interested in taking it on.
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - September 30th 2010 5:09 pm
Mike just sent me the address where to ship them to. So today I will package them up and send them to him. Hopefully soon we will have the rear barn door rubber, then off to the other parts of the van. Would be nice to someday order a complete rubber kit for a '71-'77 Dodge van. Lets keep bugging them!!! So if anyone else has NOS or good rubber let them know.

Richard
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 20th 2011 8:14 pm
Great news for 71-77 Dodge owners!!!!! I just received this e-mail from Mike at Metro Rubber.

Richard,

You will be happy to learn that we have begun the back cargo door seals project for the ’71-’77 Dodge B-Series van today. Metro P/N LM 123-VA for the left door and P/N LM 123-VB for the right. We hope to have a prototype ready to test by the end of 2011.

As far as the side cargo door seals, I am seeing some variation in samples I have complied so far—specifically with the molded ends. My guess is there was some kind of rolling change performed but further research will be needed to ascertain what exactly is what. Any info you and your community can provide will be appreciated and ultimately speed up our ability to develop the side cargo seals as well.

Best regards,

~Mike

They are going to be the first ones to make these. So now we can replace all the tired, torn up ones we have been nursing.
Now he needs more info on the side door as he states the main difference is the ends.
I am asking people that know these vehicles inside out for possible changes in the ends for those specified years. Part #'s, bulletins or such.
Could you state them so I could let Mike know. Then the side doors will be done.
Then the one piece doors will be next.

Finally all the e-mails and pushing has payed off!!!!!!

Richard
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 20th 2011 8:22 pm
Great news
Posted By: wookee Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 20th 2011 9:49 pm
Restoration Specialties is Ok but they also have been know to by parts from placecs like steel rubber repackage them and sell them as there own......

........Wookee
Posted By: F350 Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 20th 2011 10:27 pm
Oh, finally...now my van won't be wicking water while it's outside.

Wookee, might wanna re-read.
Posted By: wookee Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 20th 2011 10:35 pm
I read correctly.......

.........Wookee
Posted By: heavy389 Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 21st 2011 12:28 am
Cool they need to also make it in coils to sell it buy the foot so we can use it on our gullwing doors also angel

I could use 100 ft rolleyes
Posted By: vanman2 Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 21st 2011 2:18 am
lets not forget us poor old sliding side door blush if they sell it by the roll i can make it work , my van would be brand new with all new door rubber ~~ did i hear you say air tight ~~ bow
Posted By: Alikazam Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 21st 2011 7:02 am
Just in time! My van is almost done with paint/body and NEEDS new rubber smile I'll definitely check this out as soon as I have her back smile
Posted By: purplesporty17 Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 21st 2011 11:41 am
i have a 79 b200 and need all door rubber. have side and rear cargo doors. cant find it anywhere. i will email mike. tired of having towels near the doors to catch the rain water. purplesporty17@hotmail.com
Posted By: NateB Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 21st 2011 4:45 pm
Hmmmmm. Those part numbers they gave seem to be for the front doors. ???
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 21st 2011 4:46 pm
Good eye Nate
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 21st 2011 7:33 pm
No the front doors are LM-123VL/VR and the rear doors are
LM-123VA/VB. Different letters at the end.

Richard
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 21st 2011 8:16 pm
I e-mailed Mike at Metro about also making the w/strip with out the ends for the people with gullwing and one piece doors.
He e-mailed me back to call him so we can discuss the various ways of making these.
Also, he wants all the P#'s for the side barn doors for '71-'77.
I have the ones on the '71-77 Mopar Van forum and the ones in my factory parts book for '74-77. Is there any more?
The rear doors he has my original off my '75 also NOS ones I bought that has the same P#'s. So the backs should be correct for '71-'77.
So now if we can get him to make rolls with out ends that would be great.

Richard
Posted By: 1TuffSportsman Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 21st 2011 8:29 pm
Any info for the sliding side door, or single rear door???? Great to hear Metro is moving forward with more help on seals.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 21st 2011 8:30 pm
Weatherstrip for Gullwings would be Great
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 21st 2011 10:24 pm
I just got off the phone with Mike at Metro. There is some conflict with the end of one of the side doors. He has mine and another one that was sent and the ends don't match. He doesn't want to make two different styles. This is the one end that is different. If you have this end let me know what year van it's on and if it's top or bottom. He's trying to get the P# off this one, but it is pretty well worn. If you could give the P# off your side rubber and what year of van it will help. He wants to make sure that all the door seals will fit '71-'77 models.

He also stated they will sell it by the foot with out the ends and pins. Hopefully that will help others with out barn doors!!! Maybe gullwing or one piece doors?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Richard
Posted By: 1TuffSportsman Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 21st 2011 10:40 pm
Off topic, but it just occurred to me. I wonder if someplace like Metro, could also remake the custom footwell rubber step pads. We've all seen the aftermarket ones, that said the make of van. Sure wish those were also easier to come by. Was wishfully thinking perhaps the same equipment, just with a different mold, could also make those.

But, on the selling the seal material by the foot, that absolutly should work quite well. I'm about to try useing some, from another vehicle, and it is identical to stuff I've already seen, sold by the foot.

Thanks for the efforts, and prodding of Metro. I had some contact with them as well, a while back, and wondered if they might be the ones. To eventually help us out here.
Posted By: Ram4ever Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 22nd 2011 4:53 am
Good work FinallyaVanner!

[Linked Image]

I'm keenly interested in getting these into production to support Vanners! Here's everything I've got which might be useful to you.

I have all the Dodge dealer's parts catalogs from 1978 to 2005, but I don't have a parts catalog for as early as a 1977. The earliest I have is my 78-81 Light Duty Truck Parts Catalog, and the section on the cargo door weatherstrip is a very short section indeed; the entire thing reads like this for all B1,2,3 models:

"Weatherstrip - Side and rear Cargo Doors B1,2,3"

4087141 - Weatherstrip, Side cargo door, Frt
4087142 - Rear Cargo door right
4081598 - Weatherstrip, Side cargo door, Rear
4087143 - Rear Cargo Door Left
3493825 - Header Side and rear w/Studs (I think this is the flattened piece you were asking about)
3729425 - w/o Studs
3498298 - Baffle, Side And Rear Cargo Doors
3759944 - Retainer, Plastic (these are the pins that hold the piece down which you were asking about)

That's all there is!

This would indicate that there definitely are differences between the side and rear cargo doors, but that the Headers were the same between the side and rear cargo doors. The weatherstrip was a constant in all B series vans, and over that entire period of time. If someone can cough up the numbers from your weatherstripping, it might just match up with some of the parts in that list.

Keep in mind that 1978 was the crossover year when many things changed... Nate might be able to get into the fine details of that.

In reference to your pictures, the side and rear cargo doors on my 1981 B250 both have the square shaped molded header, which goes on the bottom of the door. The molded header at the top is a more complicated tapered shape, with a metal reinforcing tab molded inside so the retainer pin won't rip out.

BTW, MoonShadow has a 1977 Dodge van that looks to be in really well maintained condition, it might be well worth asking what type weatherstrip is on that van compared to yours.

I have a set of new old stock side cargo door seals, plus several used sets of rear cargo door seals from various 80's & 90's vans, but they're all buried in my garage at the moment. I could probably get at them if you need more comparison info from later models.

Please keep us up to date on your progress!

Posted By: heavy389 Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 22nd 2011 1:25 pm
Originally Posted by FinallyaVanner
I just got off the phone with Mike at Metro. There is some conflict with the end of one of the side doors. He has mine and another one that was sent and the ends don't match. He doesn't want to make two different styles. This is the one end that is different. If you have this end let me know what year van it's on and if it's top or bottom. He's trying to get the P# off this one, but it is pretty well worn. If you could give the P# off your side rubber and what year of van it will help. He wants to make sure that all the door seals will fit '71-'77 models.

He also stated they will sell it by the foot with out the ends and pins. Hopefully that will help others with out barn doors!!! Maybe gullwing or one piece doors?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Richard

I got 79 B-200 and my side door & rear rubber looks like the 1 with the wide flat part,it is overlaped buy rubber on other door when they come together....
Posted By: heavy389 Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 22nd 2011 3:10 pm
This is what my 79' look like,what yr was that rubber from?
[Linked Image]
This is what the rubber is like on back doors now! cry
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 22nd 2011 6:02 pm
Ram4ever;
Thanks for the comment and the P#'s. I want to give back something to the vanner's out there. So many have done something to keep these vans on the streets and to keep Vannin alive, so I wanted to do my part.
I noticed all the P#'s for the door seals were sequential except for the side rear, which is the one in question. I think that one received the most changes when the '78 rolled out. I know the windows were bigger, but what other differences were there to have to have the seal changed. They still ran the same header, but yet on a '71-77 people who have tried '78-up seals state they won't work. We will work this out and get our seals.
Thanks again for the help!!!!!

heavy389; Thanks for the pics!! They really will help.(I was wondering if there is a P# on it?) I forwarded the pics to Mike at Metro as I did the P#'s furnished by Ram4ever. Every little bit helps us get closer to new seals.

Thanks for all the help guys!!!!

Richard
Posted By: 1TuffSportsman Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 22nd 2011 7:38 pm
My door seals look real similar to above. With the exception of one, which is oddly in good shape. Then my pop-out windows (Sportsman van), are in real bad shape as well, just not crispy and breaking into hard peices.
Posted By: Alikazam Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 23rd 2011 1:54 pm
Didn't the bottom back part of the rear side door get cut a little angled on the later vans vs. the earlier 71-74 or 75 vans? I know on my van the door goes straight down to the corner at the rear of it, and some vans later on had that "angled forward" corner. Maybe that affects the seal area??
Posted By: SixShot Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 23rd 2011 5:57 pm
78 I do believe,the 'cross dress er cross over' year.
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 23rd 2011 7:11 pm
Thanks I checked and found that '78 is when they started cuttin corners laugh

Richard
Posted By: heavy389 Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 24th 2011 1:38 am
Originally Posted by FinallyaVanner
Thanks I checked and found that '78 is when they started cuttin corners laugh

Richard

yeah cheers
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 10th 2012 7:41 am
Well I got a surprise visit from UPS today. I didn't order anything so what could it be. To my surprise there were two boxes inside the one. OK now both have Metro Rubber stamped on them, both have different part #'s. So lets see, well they are the prototype rear barn door weather seals. Man do they look great. I have to try them out and see if they fit correctly, seal correctly and look correctly. If they pass all that I get to sign a paper with my thoughts on the three things and if they meet all, they will go into production. We will have our seals. Also the guys with Gullwings will be able to order with out the ends and pins. May be that way will also work on the one piece doors? Any how we are one step closer to getting them. I am so ecstatic. They will be out just in time for my van. Should be painted by then.

And if they do good in sales the side barn doors are not far behind.
I think this is great news for the Dodge family.

Here are pics of them

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: EagleDave Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 10th 2012 2:31 pm
More Rubber - yay
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 10th 2012 5:40 pm
SWEET! Congrats!
Posted By: NateB Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 10th 2012 5:43 pm
The quality looks amazing!
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 10th 2012 6:11 pm
Looks great!!!!
Posted By: Alikazam Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 10th 2012 8:13 pm
ME WANT! smile NAAAOOOO! lol. Yeah i need weatherstripping for my side and rear barn doors bad :/
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 10th 2012 8:36 pm
Awesome
Posted By: heavy389 Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 11th 2012 3:27 am
Great yay let me know,will B looking for it in rolls for the gullwing maybe...
Posted By: Alikazam Re: Metro rubber needs input - March 05th 2012 3:46 pm
Any Updates on when the cargo and side doors will be released? smile
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Metro rubber needs input - March 05th 2012 8:08 pm
Sweet! I need the rear seals redone worse than anything on my van right now! Those look nice! How did they end up fitting? Did they get a bill of approval?
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - March 05th 2012 8:30 pm
Update; Mike at metro, Matt at Department of Customz and I are working on getting a couple of small issues worked out and then straight to production. I guarantee you Dodge guys will be happy with these seals. I am!!!!

Richard
Posted By: Alikazam Re: Metro rubber needs input - March 06th 2012 4:48 pm
Good! My van is a fair weather beast currently with only old front door seals installed (yeah, I didn't do all of the front door seal install yet. Got the window beltline stuff installed, was pretty quick smile )
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Metro rubber needs input - March 06th 2012 5:42 pm
I just received this from Mike at Metro when I went fishing for an update:

"We are working on revising the rear door seals and hope to have them ready in the spring. We then will work on the side cargo door seals—they will take less time as they seem to use several of the same components. Thanks for your interest."

Best regards,

Mike Hinshaw
New Product Development Manager
Metro Moulded Parts, Inc.
11610 Jay Street, P.O. Box 48130
Minneapolis, MN 55448
Posted By: Alikazam Re: Metro rubber needs input - March 08th 2012 9:29 am
Sweet!!! smile My doors need rubber for protection!!! smile lol
Posted By: Alikazam Re: Metro rubber needs input - May 08th 2012 12:03 am
Any Update on the Side or Rear door rubber?? I'm still in NEED! smile
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - November 09th 2012 8:02 pm
Time to resurrect this old thread with some good news. I just received this from Mike at Metro;

Richard,

At long last, we have finalized our rear cargo door seals—p/n’s LM 123-VA (left) and LM 123-VB (right). I will send you a set of the finalized prototypes next week.

I expect releasing them by month’s end with product availability in December. We will pivot to the side cargo door seals now. They will not take near as much time to develop since they use all of the same elements the rear seals do.

I would appreciate it if you could post something on your forums to inform your fellow enthusiasts about this updated info.

Thanks for your patience and assistance.

Best regards,

Mike Hinshaw

Metro Moulded Parts

So now they are working on the side barn door seals and should soon follow.

Richard
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Metro rubber needs input - November 09th 2012 8:11 pm
Sweeeeet!!! A lot of people (me included) will be looking forward to these!
Posted By: 86ed Re: Metro rubber needs input - November 10th 2012 5:56 am
Yep
Posted By: Alikazam Re: Metro rubber needs input - November 12th 2012 2:26 am
Me too, the used rubber I put on my van is doing OK but I want this thing sealed up! smile
Posted By: IamZardoz Re: Metro rubber needs input - January 06th 2013 11:59 pm
Still waiting......
Posted By: OVANNER Re: Metro rubber needs input - January 14th 2013 12:08 am
Hopefully these will solve many of the Mid Dodge owners needs. I just bought a decent set off a van over the weekend. Don't need them but I could not have left them behind.
Posted By: IamZardoz Re: Metro rubber needs input - January 29th 2013 11:36 pm
Just got an email today from Hinshaw at MPP, the weatherstrip for the rear doors is available now! They are not on the website yet, you have to call them. Part numbers are LM123 VA and LM123 VB.
Posted By: 86ed Re: Metro rubber needs input - January 30th 2013 1:42 am
great news!
Posted By: Alikazam Re: Metro rubber needs input - January 30th 2013 5:09 am
Come ON Tax return....
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - January 30th 2013 7:37 am
I see you beat me to the posting. Cool!!

Lets hope they sell, so Metro will do the side barn doors next!!! So buy up!!!

Richard
Posted By: heavy389 Re: Metro rubber needs input - January 31st 2013 12:59 am
what ever happen to being able to buy rolls of the stuff...for use on gullwings?
Posted By: Captain Nadroj Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 21st 2013 9:58 pm
Oh man that's so awesome! I'm getting some asap! That's going to be nice not hearing those doors rattle around!
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 21st 2013 10:40 pm
Sweet. I need some. Do they have front doors as well?
Posted By: Captain Nadroj Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 22nd 2013 8:01 am
Ya they do.

http://www.metrommp.com/
Posted By: Alikazam Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 22nd 2013 1:23 pm
FYI, these products are listed on their website in the "new products" section. Just checked smile

And just ordered some for my rear doors! smile
Posted By: NateB Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 22nd 2013 5:31 pm
Cool! But...are these for the side or rear cargo doors?
Posted By: NateB Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 22nd 2013 5:33 pm
Nevermind...they are for the rear cargo doors.

Wonder if they'll do side doors next.
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - March 08th 2013 3:23 am
Originally Posted by heavy389
what ever happen to being able to buy rolls of the stuff...for use on gullwings?

Call Metro Rubber. They said it would be available.
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - March 08th 2013 3:26 am
Originally Posted by NateNCBV
Nevermind...they are for the rear cargo doors.

Wonder if they'll do side doors next.

Mike at Metro said if the sales are good for the rears, they will do the sides. They just sent back the NOS rears I sent for the sample, but they kept the sides I also sent them. This may mean the sides could be on the way. I will email him to find out.
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 24th 2013 5:40 pm
I added this to a post under General Discussion, but I thought I should post it here for the Dodge guys.
I received yesterday the side barn door prototype seals. I will be trying them out today and if all goes right we should have them soon!!!!!!!!!! I will let you guys know how it goes!!!
Posted By: cjhardcore Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 24th 2013 5:57 pm
Cool news
Posted By: Alikazam Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 26th 2013 1:44 pm
Great! Looking forward to it. smile
Posted By: Ram4ever Re: Metro rubber needs input - October 26th 2013 6:13 pm
Thanks for keeping us up to date FinallyaVanner. Have you heard what years the new side seals would cover?
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - November 02nd 2013 8:30 am
No problem!!!

Right now they only list them to fit '71-'77 due to door changes in '78. When they come out maybe someone can try them on '78 and newer vans to see if they fit out of the box or with a little modding!

Posted By: StreetVanFan Re: Metro rubber needs input - November 12th 2013 5:20 pm
Any update on how the side door rubber fits?

thanks
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - November 14th 2013 5:39 am
Yes, They fit nicely only issue was some pin placement. Metro has a NOS original and a factory superseded set and the pin configuration is different in certain parts of the two sets of seals. I sent them pics, measurements and pin locations that were off or not there at all. So when that is ironed out they will be hitting the market!!! So soon!!!
Posted By: OldReadingGus62 Re: Metro rubber try this - December 22nd 2013 1:52 pm
car parts...25.00 bucks metro driver and passenger door seals...windshield and lock strip 65.00-3.75 ...rock auto has the rest ...window channel and weather strip sweep, also side cargo doors...no side cargo door or rear cargo door window seals
Posted By: Bullitt Re: Metro rubber try this - February 03rd 2014 12:54 pm
Hi,

I have a 78 B200, so the same front grill as the 77, but my rear lights are vertical in place of horizontal, and I have big side markers in front and rear.

Are my cargo doors the same as a 77 or a 79 ??

I need rear and side cargo seals are they are missing...

What is the difference between the rear and side doors ? Are they interchangeable ?

Thanks

David
Posted By: OldReadingGus62 Re: Metro rubber try this - February 03rd 2014 3:48 pm
metro..still no side door seals available...??? need badly
Posted By: 86ed Re: Metro rubber try this - February 04th 2014 12:28 am
The rear doors are shorter then the sides. The side doors from a '78 would be the same as ones from a '79 and newer.
Posted By: keystonekid1978 Re: Metro rubber try this - February 25th 2014 8:43 pm
Wish I could find '78-up side cargo door seals. Mine are disintegrating rapidly. Anyone know if the '71-'77 rear cargo door seals will fit '79-up? Need those too.
Posted By: OldReadingGus62 Re: Metro rubber needs input - April 03rd 2014 9:59 am
eek yea hope they come out soon !!
Posted By: OldReadingGus62 Re: Metro needs input.. call and pest them - April 07th 2014 7:25 pm
call and email more guys that inquire my speed up production...Cory Petros

Metro Moulded Parts

866-910-7849

coryp@metrommp.com

www.metrommp.com

Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Metro rubber needs input - July 18th 2014 12:46 am
I received this e-mail today;

Richard,

Good afternoon. I have great news…at long last, we have approved our current prototypes of the side cargo door seals.

It will take a few days to complete the paperwork on them but I anticipate releasing them by the end of this month. We should be shipping product by late August.

Thought you should be the first one outside of Metro to know.

Thanks,

Mike

Soon we can seal all '71-'77 Barn door Dodge van!!!! Next factory singles!! I think you can buy it by the foot for clam doors!!
Posted By: AgasRide Re: Metro rubber needs input - July 18th 2014 1:29 am
Great News! Thanks for the update...
Posted By: 86ed Re: Metro rubber needs input - July 19th 2014 5:39 am
Great news!
Posted By: Meanmachine Re: Metro rubber needs input - July 20th 2014 7:37 pm
Thanks to all involved in keeping the ball rolling and getting these seals reproduced. There probably isn't a surviving Mid out there that couldn't use a new set on the side doors. While the seals for the rear doors do show up on occasion on ebay and a couple other sites, the side doors have been hard to find for many years now. I know a vanner who found a set several years ago at Collector Supply which I believe is in Washington state. He did an exhaustive internet search for many months before locating them. He contacted me the day he bought them, I told him to make sure they were the old part number, and not the superceded numbers they used on the 1978 ups, which the weatherstrip is a bit thicker.
Posted By: purplesporty17 Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 06th 2015 5:22 pm
have not been on too much lately. the last two years i have been able to get all the new rubber seals except the forward side door. two years ago i got the back door rubber for my 79 b200 (and paid alot) and also the side rear door. collector supply said at the time i took the last. have not checked with them for a while. has anyone figured out what to do for the side doors? one more door to go!
Posted By: jamesdak Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 17th 2015 4:09 pm
Just thought I'd post this here for those of us with newer vans needing the same thing. I talked with metro and will be sending them drawings and specs for the side cargo doors of my 1981 B250. Gonna try and match to an already available product first but maybe we can get them to finally start producing these too. That would be sweet as my sides and rears are toast....

Just putting it here because this post always comes up in my searches for a door seal solution.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Metro rubber needs input - February 17th 2015 7:30 pm
Welcome to the site jamesdak .....
© Vannin' Community and Forums