Vannin' Home
Posted By: vanner71 Another SCAM - June 13th 2012 7:27 pm
I got 2 of the bumper stickers about classic vans a rectangular desfunction and now someone tried to use my debit card from iron blizzard today chargeing 59.99@ 5 times.bank called me so i canceled that card and they took the 5 charges off.Check you accounts.
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: Another SCAM - June 14th 2012 4:08 am
one more reason I do not have a credit card ! Thanks for the heads up thou. . . .
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Another SCAM - June 14th 2012 11:27 am
I use a prepaid gift card online only, or paypal...less risky that way, but you still have to be alert...

what was the site you bought off of ???
Posted By: Astro Re: Another SCAM - June 14th 2012 1:24 pm
where did you get these stickers?
Posted By: Virtual Re: Another SCAM - June 14th 2012 2:09 pm
Are these the Vinvanco stickers offered on Facebook by Cameron ?
Posted By: Astro Re: Another SCAM - June 14th 2012 3:10 pm
credit card scammers usually wait a couple months after getting your number to use it, and the site that vinvanco is using for their checkout is a legit, established site, so it is possible that your card # was stolen somewhere else.

when you did the checkout, did you enter your credit card directly or use paypal?

I would also scan your system for malware and viruses using an up-to-date AV program to ensure there isn't something on your end stealing your info.

Look through your CC history for the past 6 months, look for any small charges that you may not have noticed, they like to do small ones to test the card and see if what happens.

Posted By: CustomVan Re: Another SCAM - June 14th 2012 6:34 pm
good to know...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Posted By: DrBob Re: Another SCAM - June 14th 2012 11:13 pm
This is why I check my bank account and Pay Pal every day.
Posted By: maples01 Re: Another SCAM - June 22nd 2012 9:52 pm
This is why you never use debit, the credit use of the card from your bank has protection, debit does not.
Posted By: M_S Re: Another SCAM - June 22nd 2012 11:29 pm
Originally Posted by maples01
This is why you never use debit, the credit use of the card from your bank has protection, debit does not.

The FTC feels differently about this. The protection is different, but definitely not nonexistent. This is especially true in when used for online purchases where the card is not present at the time of purchase.
Posted By: Hoofbeats Re: Another SCAM - June 23rd 2012 5:55 pm
Originally Posted by maples01

You need a better bank.
© Vannin' Community and Forums