Vannin' Home
Posted By: al55 This happened last evening. - March 15th 2012 4:06 pm
Last evening I drove into town to pick up my wife from work,I pulled into the mall parking lot stopped and began to back into a parking spot.I saw someone get out of a car on my left side,as I began to back into the spot I couldn't find that person anywhere so I stopped.I began looking from right to left in the mirrors and couldn't see anyone.All of sudden I see movement out of the corner of my left eye,there was a woman on my left side and she began bitching at me "where are you going?"Of course I yelled back "I'm backing up!"Then I noticed she was carrying a kid,so I didn't swear back at her.She had gotten out of her car and had walked behind my van,out of site and she was bitching at me.I shudder at the thought of what could have happened.
Posted By: DrBob Re: This happened last evening. - March 15th 2012 4:14 pm
That's why I have a Backup Camera on my van.
Posted By: NateB Re: This happened last evening. - March 15th 2012 4:17 pm
Momma always said stupid is a stupid does.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: This happened last evening. - March 15th 2012 4:38 pm
Originally Posted by NatetheskateNCBV
Momma always said stupid is a stupid does.

yeah She doesn't sound very bright
Posted By: Galaxy Re: This happened last evening. - March 15th 2012 7:20 pm
I also always back into a parking spot. And I have had a few similar experiences. So this doesn't surprise me. rolleyes
Posted By: tide Re: This happened last evening. - March 15th 2012 7:41 pm
this happened to me also a women stepped off the sidewalk when I got out she was under the van
Posted By: CatFish Re: This happened last evening. - March 15th 2012 7:57 pm
We require our guys at work to back into spaces when parking a company van. There's no safe way to back out of a parking spot in a van. Sometimes people who have never driven a van don't realize that fact.
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: This happened last evening. - March 15th 2012 7:59 pm
Yikes huh? I alway back in or better , pull through. . . . so much safer when time to leave, and I drive a TMW Van ! I like the back uo camera idea more and more .
Posted By: aftoyboy Re: This happened last evening. - March 15th 2012 8:04 pm
This is why I park at the end of the lot. Women are like parking spaces. The good ones may be taken BUT the ones far away give you exercise and you have a lesser chance of getting dents from shopping carts or A**holes... Yeah off subject but you know what I mean.
Posted By: MrHoney Re: This happened last evening. - March 15th 2012 10:24 pm
Thats why i'm putting a super loud back up alarm on my new van like I had on the 82 The kind they use on those dump trucks. And a back up camera.
Posted By: vanfun Re: This happened last evening. - March 16th 2012 12:08 am
Yeah I always try to park in one of the farthest stalls where nobody will park, cuz it is to far away and they have to get in the store quiker so they are not late for their daily "walk" later!! rofl
Posted By: mrmattvan Re: This happened last evening. - March 16th 2012 12:33 am
What if when she asked "WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!?!" and acting (im guessing) all hysterical you hung your head out the window and looked really suave and said "Any where you want sweetheart!" LOLOLOL!

I was taught at an early age not to stand behind a vehicle when its backing up..That little trick will probably be the secret to my old age lol

Do not feel to bad though...At Christmas time i had a 70ish year old lady in a reindeer sweater flip me off in the target parking lot.
Posted By: lukester Re: This happened last evening. - March 16th 2012 2:54 am
Originally Posted by tide
this happened to me also a women stepped off the sidewalk when I got out she was under the van

shocked
Posted By: wookee Re: This happened last evening. - March 16th 2012 11:36 am
I almost feel like when diver licenses are give out an IQ test need to be give also.
Back up beepers cameras ,sorry a waste of time and money.
Even with both on your van a brain dead person will still do stupid things
Dive defensively.Keep your mirrors properly adjusted.Try not to pull onto parking spots.When backing into a spot pick one with empty cars on both sides.
Having to share the road with not only stupid people but distracted people,takes some of the fun out of driving.

........Wookee
Posted By: CatFish Re: This happened last evening. - March 16th 2012 2:34 pm
Originally Posted by vanfun
Yeah I always try to park in one of the farthest stalls where nobody will park, cuz it is to far away and they have to get in the store quiker so they are not late for their daily "walk" later!! rofl

rofl

Yeah, don't it make ya shake your head to see a BMW circle the lot a dozen times so the young driver in the jogging outfit can park a little closer to the door. lol
Posted By: Vanner68 Re: This happened last evening. - March 17th 2012 2:31 am
I always do a brake torque and get the tires smoking pretty good in revers before backing out of the parking space. People have actually tun out of the store to get their car out of my way!

Some pig innards and blood on the back bumper is a great pedestrian deterrent as well.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: This happened last evening. - March 17th 2012 6:29 pm
I always park in the back of the lot away from other cars also smile ....people are afraid to walk a little rolleyes ...leave the close spaces for the people that really need it..... smile
Posted By: CatFish Re: This happened last evening. - March 17th 2012 9:08 pm
Originally Posted by Vanner68
Some pig innards and blood on the back bumper is a great pedestrian deterrent as well.

Chicken gizzards is better....here in the south we don't like to waste any part of the pig. grin
Posted By: draggnastro Re: This happened last evening. - March 17th 2012 10:36 pm
ignorant people like that shouldnt be able to leave the house. If your stupid enough to walk behind a van you deserve to get hit by one.
Posted By: mrmattvan Re: This happened last evening. - March 17th 2012 11:59 pm
Originally Posted by HighwayStar
I always park in the back of the lot away from other cars also smile ....people are afraid to walk a little rolleyes ...leave the close spaces for the people that really need it..... smile

yeah sometimes its nice to walk a little.
Posted By: PYSCHOWard Re: This happened last evening. - March 19th 2012 1:03 am
I try to do the Pull thru, so i can just pull out when i leave a spot, but i got a backup camera so i can quit getting out twice to look so i don't park 10 ft away from where i Want to stop. I hate the thoughts of bump stopping with my spare on the back.
Posted By: vanfun Re: This happened last evening. - March 19th 2012 1:41 am
Originally Posted by PYSCHOWard
I try to do the Pull thru, so i can just pull out when i leave a spot, but i got a backup camera so i can quit getting out twice to look so i don't park 10 ft away from where i Want to stop. I hate the thoughts of bump stopping with my spare on the back.

yeah bent a few rear doors myself because of the spare! (or because of select beverage lol)
Posted By: shawnzo Re: This happened last evening. - March 19th 2012 2:22 pm
I all ways try to pull in. If i can.
Posted By: GOOFY Re: This happened last evening. - March 29th 2012 4:23 pm
Man now that brings back memories ... I was backing out of my moms place when I noticed our neihbors child about 4 years old playing in the yard next to me she was running to and fro between our yard and hers. Same thing as you al55 I checked my mirrors and didn't see her around so I got out of my van to find her sitting down playing right behind my van in the driveway apron. Then I see another girl who was suppose to be babysitting sitting on the porch ?!?!?! .... I yelled at her and said why the F#$! is the kid playing in my driveway what kind of babysitter are you? Then I calmed down a bit and told her when I am backing up I cannot see directly behind me and that it could have been a whole lot worse. I told the grandmother later that day about the incedent and that the babysitter was not doing what she was suppose to. I thank god I got out of the van that day and double checked. If your in doubt get out.
© Vannin' Community and Forums