Vannin' Home
Posted By: Moparagogo Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 18th 2011 4:17 am
Wondering if anyone has any info on a 76? Dodge called fatal attraction?

It was supposed to be in some way associated with bobs vans.
Has reshaped door window openings, gull wing door on the side. Shaved handles. The back doors were cut in half. 2 doors on the bottom and the top was a flip up. Also had a elcamino rear bumper with the lights in it. Was re-pained in the 90s white with blue checkered design. Any old pics Or any history for this one?
Posted By: F350 Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 18th 2011 4:21 am
Don't tell me you found another in the junkyard?
Originally Posted by F350
Don't tell me you found another in the junkyard?

yeah

I hate seeing vans in the junk yard.Especially custom ones.
Any pics of it?
Posted By: F350 Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 18th 2011 6:39 pm
Hey, there's a 74 B100 for sale in the for sale section right now. It's in NY, maybe it's close to ya.
I got some pics. It hasn't been run in 10+ years. Will need brakes, exhaust, tires, some engine work and the interior was gutted. Any thoughts of what it may be worth? Not a rust bucket.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 24th 2011 2:39 pm
Wow!!!! Sweet van! Looks like it could be brought to life pretty easily.
Don't remember it
Posted By: wookee Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 24th 2011 4:22 pm
I really do not remember seeing that van.
It does have some neat custom stuff done to it.
while the paint is a little dated.It would not be too hard to redo the paint in sections and make it suit your style.

.......Wookee
What would some of you pay for such a van? The guy said to make an offer. I was told he wanted $3000. Seems a little steep for something that needs so much..
Posted By: wookee Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 24th 2011 4:56 pm
Well if you have all of the body mods done there is more than 3,000.00 worth of body mods done by today's prices.

The big question is you stated it needs some engine work.
Have you herd it run?
What engine trans is in it?
Are you planning on doing any engine work your self or do you have to pay some one else to do all of the work ?

3G sounds on the high side if it is not a good driver.

Remember money talks BS walks.......

.......Wookee

The current owner said it would need re-ringed. He doesn't want to start it, for fear it would hurt the motor after sitting so long. I can do any work it may need. I have other projects and can't afford to buy another, that will cost too much our take up too much time. I wouldn't mind finding a stock running and diving van. I can drive and customize as I go. It seems anything really cool it's in need of too much work. Too far away, Or just too far out of my budget.
1,00 to 1500 lots of mods there.
Posted By: X-MAN Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 24th 2011 9:12 pm
I like it. There is a lot of work in it. Personally, If the body is not rusty I would pay 3 grand for it because I'm not a body man. Key again is if the body is GOOD. A low rust van with gull wing and body mods is worth it to me. Just my opinion.
Posted By: X-MAN Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 24th 2011 9:22 pm
Looks to me like it was built by the same person who did this van:

[Linked Image]

If the body is good it wouldn't take much to make it look like it.
I would say that is the same van. looks like it to me. Any more pics?
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 24th 2011 9:52 pm
Looks like the same van...look at the door mods
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 24th 2011 9:57 pm
Side marker lights are the same too.....pretty sure it is the same van
Posted By: X-MAN Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 24th 2011 10:00 pm
I think Wookee has more pics. May be the same van I don't know. I do know I like it thats why I recognized the mods.
She sure looked a whole lot better then. But I suppose they were trying to update the van to the then cool thing. Guess they didn't know how lame it would be in a couple of years. And yet the earlier version still looks killer.
Posted By: X-MAN Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 24th 2011 10:06 pm
Looks like it may be the same van. Whatever the case, I sure wouldn't mind having it!
The current owner told me it had 2 sunroofs. Which only further convinces me that they are one and the same.. I sure would like to see some more early pictures of it.
i couldnt pay 3gs for it, but for all the body mods and if its solid. Worth 2k maybe. I'd buy it.
Posted By: F350 Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 24th 2011 11:59 pm
Looks like you found a long-lost van!

Kick up enough dust, you get results. Everyone should do it, then we could find more long-lost vans.

Even the tube grilled is bent the same way in both pics. No doubt it is the van.
Posted By: F350 Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 25th 2011 12:01 am
Nice detective work, X-Man.

Even the tube grilled is bent the same way in both pics. No doubt it is the van. [/quote]

The alteration to the grill was done by the po. He also told me that the cops were giving him a hard time about the lights being covered. he cut the grill so they would stop pulling him over.
Posted By: wookee Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 25th 2011 4:11 am
Originally Posted by Moparagogo
The current owner said it would need re-ringed. He doesn't want to start it, for fear it would hurt the motor after sitting so long..

Sorry the owner defiantly does not know what he is talking about.It will NOT hurt to run an engine with bad rings.....
I have a feeling the van has sat and he ether can't get it to run,OR it just does not run and he is BSing you to keep the price up.......

Sorry I really don't know much about the van.It was a cool looking Dodge at the Nationals in Ohio in the late 80's that I a couple pictures of.

[Linked Image]

The white 90's paint job threw me off there for a minute

........Wookee

Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 25th 2011 4:15 am
[i][/i]
Originally Posted by wookee
Originally Posted by Moparagogo
The current owner said it would need re-ringed. He doesn't want to start it, for fear it would hurt the motor after sitting so long..

Sorry the owner defiantly does not know what he is talking about.It will NOT hurt to run an engine with bad rings.....
I have a feeling the van has sat and he ether can't get it to run,OR it just does not run and he is BSing you to keep the price up.......

Sorry I really don't know much about the van.It was a cool looking Dodge at the Nationals in Ohio in the late 80's that I only took one picture of
........Wookee

Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 25th 2011 4:24 am
Originally Posted by wookee
lee correct that quote......

......Wookee

Ooops....sorry...wrong placement. Sounds like the engine might be seized up.

[Linked Image]

[/quote]
Dang that looks good.
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 25th 2011 4:33 am
Looks a lot better in its old paint than the new one in my opinion.
Wheel-n-Deal! Go for it. Van would look better in rattle can primer than that hideous paint job that is on it now... grin
I'd look for rust,especially if its in our neck of the woods!I'd take a grand cash with you.If he thinks youre lowballin him,say "start it up".
Posted By: lukester Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 25th 2011 11:29 am
Looks like its very saveable in these pics....
What a damn shame! I have so many 70s Truckin mags and you just have to wonder where did all these vans go or end up????
Posted By: c1run1 Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 25th 2011 4:41 pm
Originally Posted by lostinthe70eees
What a damn shame! I have so many 70s Truckin mags and you just have to wonder where did all these vans go or end up????

They find them like that no one paid any attention to them in past few years only us , so now you have a guy in his area looking Digging up stuff , we have seen alot of this lately . Normaly it's me that finds stuff :P .. Leave it to us Mopar guys ... LOL
Sweet van for sure i like it better burgandy . If you don't pick it up let the members know wabout it i'm sure some one here is drooling , i know i am but i have to be good so i can get my new garage .
Awesome find and good eyes X-Man
that was once a sweet lookin van..its current state is blah but it could be a nice van like once before...if it was closer and i had the $ id grab it..
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 25th 2011 6:22 pm
Originally Posted by c1run1
Originally Posted by lostinthe70eees

They find them like that no one paid any attention to them in past few years only us , so now you have a guy in his area looking Digging up stuff , we have seen alot of this lately . Normaly it's me that finds stuff :P .. Leave it to us Mopar guys ... LOL
Sweet van for sure i like it better burgandy . If you don't pick it up let the members know wabout it i'm sure some one here is drooling , i know i am but i have to be good so i can get my new garage .
Awesome find and good eyes X-Man

hahaha....Yea, Joe....you are the King of finding vans tucked away.....sounds like there is a new guy doing it well too!!!!
It is a very nice find if the price is right.
If you like the van and it's rust free, it's worth $3k. I see guys buy junk for $2500 and spend another $5k to rebuild it. Or buy they buy something for less and half way through trying to resurrect it, they give up.

If all it needs is a motor and paint, buy it maybe for $2500 if he'll take it, put in a Crate motor, sand it down and have a shop shoot it one color and go vanning. For about $5k you will have a sweet van.
This one could need about as much as the orange van in my other post. I really like the paint job on the other van. I am pretty sure I could save most of the paint. This one is pretty neat with all the custom stuff done to it. But no interior, the paint sucks and I really don't care for the moulded bumper. Not that keen on the chevy bumper on the back either. I will be looking at this one in 2 weeks. If I had more time and money, I would buy them both.. We will have to see how it all plays out. I will turn a fellow vanner or a vanner to be into whatever van I don't end up with. Thanks for all the help.
Originally Posted by Superbeast
If you like the van and it's rust free, it's worth $3k. I see guys buy junk for $2500 and spend another $5k to rebuild it. Or buy they buy something for less and half way through trying to resurrect it, they give up.

If all it needs is a motor and paint, buy it maybe for $2500 if he'll take it, put in a Crate motor, sand it down and have a shop shoot it one color and go vanning. For about $5k you will have a sweet van.

yeah
Posted By: CatFish Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - September 26th 2011 11:12 pm

Ever once in a while the fog clears and Ken says something that actually makes good sense!!! shocked

lol
Originally Posted by CatFish

Ever once in a while the fog clears and Ken says something that actually makes good sense!!! shocked

lol

haha

I'm not always politically correct! grin
Where is it parked? I may look at it. lol
Did he buy it ?
Originally Posted by frscke1
Did he buy it ?

I know......... lol
Originally Posted by CatFish
Originally Posted by frscke1
Did he buy it ?

I know......... lol

Brat ....lol
I bought it when he didn't. Have been working on it 7 years and have done a LOT of mods to it and I am ready for paint (as soon as it warms up). Starting to frame out the inside as well. There is a build thread on here under readers ride called "My new 77 Dodge Project"
Posted By: CatFish Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - February 18th 2019 10:11 pm
https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbthreads.php/topics/645360/1.html

All 104 pages .... laugh
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - February 18th 2019 10:12 pm
Here it is:
[img]https://beta-static.photobucke...920&height=1080&fit=bounds[/img]
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Custom dodge "fatal attraction" anyone know of this one - February 18th 2019 11:44 pm
WHOA way nice ..
I for got you bought it lee. it is looking nice.
© Vannin' Community and Forums