Vannin' Home
Here is a cool idea , if you get a new after market part or even a good deal on an orginal van part Van ,post it here for every one to see.

I'll start it of with my Beautiful wife showing Shuttle Crafts new 23 Inch Vizio Razor HDMI LED TV .

[Linked Image]
Sweet!!! X 3 cheers

Ps: watts dat in background? An old set of ladder bars? grin
Get something cool for your ride....ok, is the tv for her or the van? grin Teasing ya. Looks nice. Brad
As big/long as that van is, need 52" or bigger! Send that little thing to me for Wolf Den! smile
Great idea and nice!
Originally Posted by newkirkinc1
Great idea and nice!

Thanks I thought it would be cool to see what other people are doing and we all like Score stories on Vintage parts as well as getting ideas for other projects .

Here's the Head Unit that will operate the LED TV , It has everything from Navigation , bluetooth, and back up camera .

[Linked Image]
I just scored a Superior 500 wood steering wheel and a 70's Super Horn musical horn which I haven't seen in years for next to nothin! And you can see the wiring is almost done. Just waiting for the harness tape.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by FinallyaVanner
I just scored a Superior 500 wood steering wheel and a 70's Super Horn musical horn which I haven't seen in years for next to nothin! And you can see the wiring is almost done. Just waiting for the harness tape.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thats a really Nice steering wheel !!! I have always like the Superior 500 wheel .
Originally Posted by FinallyaVanner
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Whoa, nice find! I found one of those wheels in my dad's junk pile, it's hanging on the wall waiting for the right rig to get put into. lol
Thanks, The wheel looks right at home in this van. I hooked up the Super Horn and man you can probably hear it in the next state. It plays a lot of neat songs and if I can figure it out you can program your own songs. I am going to use the horn speaker for the CB PA too! Kill two birds with one stone.
I thought this was rare enough for a mention in this thread. I scored these on Ebay a year or so ago and just got around to painting/installing them. These are not the fiberglass copies that are still available, these are the originals which were made from some sort of plastic or polyethylene. A big plus of the plastic I found out while installing them is that because they bend you can get a much better fit and you can fully screw them down with no screw showing inside. But there is a con for the plastic ones too. I'm pretty sure molding them in is not an option with this material.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Those Mirrors look Great on the Van X-Man

Here are my recent two scores a second Jen Venturi Vent and a Pair of original rear window Covers . I love this style of window Louvers .

[Linked Image]
Nice! Did you get those louvers from Kirk at Customvan.com? If not that means he still has a set if anyone is looking. Unless he sold them at the Nats lol
Originally Posted by X-MAN
Nice! Did you get those louvers from Kirk at Customvan.com? If not that means he still has a set if anyone is looking. Unless he sold them at the Nats lol

Yes I did : )
sweet. I have seen ads for those mirror covers in some of the old magazines.
Both great scores!
got this one for my shorty smile

[Linked Image]
Got me a wing for my shorty today smile

[Linked Image]
Grats!!! That is a sweet wing!!! That was one of my other choices for a wing but I didn't know where to begin to find one. I like that vent too, could you please post some pics of it. I've never seen one I don't think.
I like that vent too, could you please post some pics of it. I've never seen one I don't think.

oh, but ofcourse smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Very, Very cool vent. Never seen one.
I could use the louvers, wing and that vent. That would make one cool looking van. I am going to have to keep my eye's open wider.
I thought this was rare enough for a mention in this thread. I scored these on Ebay a year or so ago and just got around to painting/installing them. These are not the fiberglass copies that are still available, these are the originals which were made from some sort of plastic or polyethylene. A big plus of the plastic I found out while installing them is that because they bend you can get a much better fit and you can fully screw them down with no screw showing inside. But there is a con for the plastic ones too. I'm pretty sure molding them in is not an option with this material.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Man, where did you find those! They didn't have 2 pairs did they? lol drool
Ebay, but it was a long time ago. They are available in fiberglass from Hank:
Hanks Custom Fiberglass
35 Warner St , Hamden,Ct 06514
1-203-776-1341
Got me a sunvisor for the shorty today smile

can't figure out what more i need for the Van but plates, ofcourse, it would be nice with some flares too smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
First time i seen wings on a visor!
very nice
I scored a roll pan, belly pan, for my 91 Dodge shorty, from someone at the NATS. I also scored a non blend style front air dam, from Guy & Judy, our last stop on the way home from our holidays, following the NATS. I hope to have the airdam on for Butler, possibly for Bad Girls. No pics yet.
I hope you plan on taking that eagle off of that visor.......

.......Wookee
Well, i had planned on Going to Van Slam this weekend, but i had to work. So on the way home this morning i decided to treat the van to a new entertainment system, i got a 22" Led flat screen along with Blu Ray player and a Full Motion wall mount.
Now to just get in there and install it.
I'm digging that eagle! Leave it!
That sounds great Howard,let me know how hard it is to put in and where you got it.
I was at the local car boot sale this morning. You don't really expect to find van stuff but I scored these as well as some classic car books.

Cheesy song but I had to have it €2

[Linked Image]

I love this a glass playboy club ashtray. Suits the shaggy wagon I reckon! smile

[Linked Image]
Nice find Shaggy.... yay
Originally Posted by Reed
I'm digging that eagle! Leave it!

These visors had a bad habit of flapping in the wind at hi speeds 55to70 MPH,if the little steel side braces on the a pillars where not installed.

The weight of that eagle could really compound than problem.......

.......Wookee
I went wandering through the junkyard yesterday and this is what I found. The small overhead console was in a GMC. Don't know what the toggle switch on the side was originally for. The magazine rack was on the side door of a Dodge, and the Coca-Cola bottle opener and it's trim piece were on the inside of the rear door of the same Van. I have a Guinness bottle opener that I'll probably use instead of the Coca-Cola, but will mount it in the same location. After I clean and repaint the wood, of course! Got everything for $7.20

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [/quote]

Just love those deals........ cheers
73-77 dash. NOS orginal... never installed in a van worthy?
[Linked Image]

however it doesnt work with the 72... and since my 72's dash is perfect.
this may be for sale soon. thats the only bad par.
I found a 1/2 DIN DVD player! This thing is AWESOME!

[Linked Image]
I hade one in my 78 and love it But my 2004 have to have air bags
Charley
I am going to take off my BIG side mirror's okk and put new small ford vans one on I am wanten to sell these price well be right,.. take the old ones off put the new ones on 750.00
Charley
$750.00 to swap mirrors??? A direct swap? What mirrors do you have and what do you want to put on? I have my old mirrors if you want that style. Talk to me first buddy.
Just wanted to say this thread is a great idea. I was thinking along those lines myself.
Didn't score much lately myself.
Got some window rain vents today for 10 bucks, but those are a bit common.
Whoooo Hooooooo!!! I scored Huge today !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-...arts_Accessories&hash=item19c0189666

Incase the link dies :
I found NOS weather strips :

Here is a group of NOS weatherstrip that fits Dodge and Plymouth full sized vans from 1971-1990, according to my local dealership. The part numbers are listed below, but these part numbers have been superceded. I bought these back in 1994 for a 1973 Dodge Maxi Van, but they will work on a regular cargo van as well. The boxes are all sealed and I think there is one piece that is missing from the set. Going by the part numbers I think that it would be the right half side cargo door. It was probably already discontinued when I bought the others. The shipping would be oversize and too expensive if I keep the boxes sealed, so I will open the boxes and fold them flat and put everything in one large box.

04217552 Right Front Door

04217553 Left Front Door

04033225 Sealing Strip?

04354112 Left Half Side Cargo Door

04354113 Missing Right Half Side Cargo Door?

04354114 Right Rear Cargo Door

04324115 Left Rear Cargo Door

Nice score!
nice
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Sweet
I did score 5 Slotmags for my Van this weekend smile
[Linked Image]
3 of them are 6X14 and the 2 last are 8.5X15
had some old tires in the barn, so now they are ready for a ride soon smile
[Linked Image]

did also get me some goodies for the shorty smile
[Linked Image]
if you don't see what it is, it's a roofrack :P
I scored 4 15x10 Slots and also two additional 15x10 slots and 2 15x7 slots.

4 lANDED ON THE fLAMe.

Also scored 4 buckets out of a 77 Dodge and a gauge cluster two back pop out windows and two arm rests.
I love slots. And they look awesome on the flame Hippie.
cool
My next door neighbor has a '98 caravan. Yesterday he came over to show me his new '96 dodge ram. He says "I blew my van up on the way to work. If you go get it, it's yours.....here's the title." yay yay Needless to say I was scrambling to get a truck and trailer. I got it home last night. My buddy (guy with truck) came down today to help me strip it. We put in a good days work and got everything I needed to get mine back on the road, and then some. Plus it had a little better then half tank of gas that he put in the evening before. grin Believe it or not, the pretty wifie was out slingin tools too! Then we loaded it back on the trailer and took it to the scrapyard......$289.00. I'd say it was a VERY good deal. Oh, on the way to get the van I found a '71-'77 dodge long wheelbase sitting in a guys yard. I'll check on it real soon.
Keep on VANNIN! Jaws
good deal cheers
Way to go!!!! Free is good isn't it lol
These arrived this week nice and shiny mmmmm

[Linked Image]
nicee! gonna look real good on the van =)
I had those before, nice mirrors.
got me a CB with antenna the other day smile

[Linked Image]

i also did get me some interior stuff :P

[Linked Image]
Mmmmm fluffy !!!
Nice score Malle.
Nice fuzzy stuff ya picked up there! smile
Originally Posted by Malle

[Linked Image]

Malle ,
Did you ask your wife if you could have that ?
haha rofl
Originally Posted by c1run1

[Linked Image]

Malle ,
Did you ask your wife if you could have that ?
haha rofl

Nope shocked
but if she don't like it she can just stay with her crappy honda!

[Linked Image]

Looks like he killed Gossamer! eek
Originally Posted by Superbeast

[Linked Image]

Looks like he killed Gossamer! eek

what a catch would some say Ken ;)
I got new rubber for my Ford
New tires
lookin' good lukester smile
got me some new seats for the 65 today :P

[Linked Image]
got me some new seats for the 65 today :P

[Linked Image]

Those are pretty cool Malle
Cool seats
cool seats
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
SONY huh? pretty good stuff for the $$$ .
It was a birthday present from my parents....
good parents smile
good parents smile

yeah
Posted By: Malle Re: Score ! Get something cool for your ride ? Show it here . - December 03rd 2011 10:22 pm
Now i have to get me a dodge shocked

[Linked Image]
I found a set of Chevy's at the bone yard ...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Malle Re: Score ! Get something cool for your ride ? Show it here . - December 03rd 2011 10:40 pm
you don't need those, i trade you a dodge for it :P

lol
Nice score!
Sweet yay
Malle, where did you get the door steps? love it and i have a dodge
Originally Posted by purplesporty17
Malle, where did you get the door steps? love it and i have a dodge

I traded with a friend of mine, he has a pick up with keep on truckin' mudflaps but no keep on truckin' floormaths. so we traded almost even smile

now i just have to get me a few Dodge Vans since i got 4 set's for the door steps! smile
nice stuff guys! I like the dodge steps, i need a set for mine!
Well A fellow vanner hooked me up tonight , i had to take a little drive to get it and it was wel worth it .
It's a J&J gullwing side door for a Chevy Van .
[Linked Image]
Well A fellow vanner hooked me up tonight , i had to take a little drive to get it and it was wel worth it .
It's a J&J gullwing side door for a Chevy Van .
[Linked Image]
Great score!!! I put up a link in the Craigslist section tonight for a Chevy Gull Wing if you need/want another!
Nice score!
yeah thats the one in PA i picked it up already .
LOL way to go man... where's your chevy now...!?
That's the one? Awesome.....that was a hell of a deal!!!!!! Congrats!!!!
Originally Posted by Lee7673
That's the one? Awesome.....that was a hell of a deal!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Thanks guys , i found the add early this morning (sunday) .
I had an itch to buy a chevy van as i'm waiting for anoher guy to sell his , i got tired of waiting and started to shop around .
Went to the PAP to look for headlight sockets for the van (they didn't have any) but saw two Cadillacs and I snatched the rear lights off of both of them (bezel, chrome trim and all). I have always wanted to put Caddy lights on the rear of a van but wanted to do 2 per side instead of one light per side. These will go on the other van. Great price....I couldn't pass them up. The pictures don't do them justice....they are in GREAT shape.
[Linked Image]
Cool score Lee
Good score Lee!
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!! they will look cool on the van.
got me a nice set of Wolfrace mags yesterday 8.5x15 on all of them smile would hopefully fit my G-20 like a glove smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
cool find congrats cheers
hey dude is your G20 6-lug?
[quote]got me a nice set of Wolfrace mags yesterday 8.5x15 on all of them smile would hopefully fit my G-20 like a glove smile

just saying so you don't put tires or any labor on them without knowing they fit
A G20 is 6 lug and a G30 is 8 lug
every G20 I have ever owned for the last 24 years have been 5 lug
G10-5 G20-6 or 5 G30-8...I stand corrected !

The G20 and its counterparts replaced the original Chevrolet Corvair Greenbrier Van in the late 60s the model line evolved until it was replaced in 1996 by the Chevrolet Express. 1964-70 G20s came with six-lug wheels (6 lugs - 5.5" (139.6 mm) bolt circle), while the 1971-96 generation came with the 5 lug - 5" (127 mm) bolt circle.

G20s were fitted with the ball joints from the Chevrolet/GMC 3/4 and 1 ton pickups although using the 1/2 ton pickup's brake rotors.

A light duty version, the G10, was produced alongside the G20 - the early versions used the Chevrolet passenger car wheels (5 lugs - 4.75" (120.7 mm) bolt circle) until 1975 (G10s manufactured prior to the 1976 model year had the smaller bolt pattern, common with the short wheelbase vans), yet can still handle LT tire sizes for better handling and stability
I picked up this Tracker cooler and warmer that holds 20 cold ones. I got lucky had 10 for sale and I got the last one......

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
That is a nice cooler whats the price range on something like that. I mean generally speaking i sure don't need a WIKI quote on it.
$65 with shipping on ebay new
Originally Posted by Hoagie
hey dude is your G20 6-lug?
[quote]got me a nice set of Wolfrace mags yesterday 8.5x15 on all of them smile would hopefully fit my G-20 like a glove smile

just saying so you don't put tires or any labor on them without knowing they fit

yup, it's going on a second gen chevy van G-20, i only wrote G-20 to confuse laugh
I just had delivered two NOS vent windows for the front doors of my 79 Chevy. According to what I’m told these are very rare and are a “hunt it down in the scrapyard” item. smile

I found them on an “obsolete parts” list from Bauer Millet GM dealers in the UK. And before you ask, sorry I did ask them and no they don’t have any more frown

[Linked Image]
Cool score!
got a message from a buddy today, he picked up a Tradesman the other day, but it was to rusted to be saved. i asked if there were any useful parts on it that i could buy, he said there was a couple of sunroof that i could have if i wanted them, he told me that it was not a big one with to pieces of glass, but two smaller ones. if i want them i can come and get them, hmmmm, his and hers smile

Pics will come later smile
Get them
cool got get what you can .
Sweet keychain....

[Linked Image]
delivered yesterday, what's better than freebees?

rare freebees!

[Linked Image]
delivered yesterday, what's better than freebees?

rare freebees!

[Linked Image]
WOW!!!!!! VERY nice!!!!!!!
And you can't beat the price....Nice find..
Nothing better then free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice find!
thanks guys, once in a lifetime deal i guess smile
[Linked Image]

scored a set of Fenton Fanjet II the other day, 8x15 and 10x15, might og on my 69 G-20 smile
nice lookin wheels
Thanks smile
it must be pretty hard to find these things out your way ?
it must be pretty hard to find these things out your way ?

For some reason, when i look for these i can't find any, but most of my friends know that im looking for these things, and often out of the blue i get a message that someone found something for me smile
The Dodge dealer I've used for years just closed their doors. I had stopped in last week to get an oil change in my pickup and got the news. While I was waiting for the truck I asked the owner if I could have this shop rug that was in the waiting room. He said I could and I picked it up on their last day of business. I thought it was a very sweet score. It will be a nice touch on the show field I think.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Now that is cooooooool!!!!! The van looks great too!!!!!
Very cool
well i got one of those climateright A/C Heat Units (CR5000) model im going to try it out at the nats .

Im going to make a peice of wood with the holes for the side door insted of hanging the small A/C unit in the window .

http://www.climaterightair.com/products/climateright-5000-btu-a-c-heater.html
C1run1, we will require a write up on how well or poorly it works.
Originally Posted by Uncle_Fester
C1run1, we will require a write up on how well or poorly it works.

im testing it now Fester .
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That looks great. Hope it works good for you.
No pics yet but today I got a reply to my craigslist wanted ad. Bought front and rear bumpers for 71-77 chevy van that the guy had rechromed in 1985 and were in his loft still wrapped in 1985 newspapers! he also had a nice grill,2 sets of headlight bezels and all the mounting brackets for the bumpers. Bought the all for his full asking price.... 175.00 ! score !
Originally Posted by Blue77
73-77 dash. NOS orginal... never installed in a van worthy?
[Linked Image]

however it doesnt work with the 72... and since my 72's dash is perfect.
this may be for sale soon. thats the only bad par.

If it fits a 76 I may be interested!
I scored some mats, STOKED!!

[Linked Image]
And a couple sunnies...

[Linked Image]
Very nice.I really dig those mats.
Those look like they are in great condition. Congrats
Thanks! Yeah, they're in great shape. I found them at the junk yard
I'd love to have a set of those Dodge mats. congrats great score.
Found 2 sets of rear window louvers at a local PnP last week pickeked them both up one set for me and the other for a friend. Unfortunately the previous owner painted them white with what I believe is house paind but it comes off easy. Javent had time to complete them but ill post pics before and after.
that smoked sunroof is pretty nice. since i moved to colorado i've definitlely rethought my stance on sunroofs as it doesnt rain as much there. Sweet mats too.

Found this Dodge doghouse at the pic and pull today. Not wild about the blue but I can repaint that. Is this an aftermarket part or was this an option on the Dodge doghouses?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Seen those before, definitely a stock piece (probably not the blue though)
Originally Posted by tuner4life
Seen those before, definitely a stock piece (probably not the blue though)

The blue was definitely painted. Underneath it is a maroon color similar to a stock color on my 77.
it wont fit the 77 ??
it wont fit the 77 ??
Going on the tandem (which I am bringing home the end of October.......finally)!!!
Originally Posted by DODGEnBULLETS
I scored some mats, STOKED!!

[Linked Image]

YOUR MISSING ONE .... THE LONG SIDE ROCKER COVER.
Got this set today. Thinking of trying to convert 2 of the seats into seats for the van. Made of real barrels...very heavy. Kinda cool...have to see if I can make them work.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Sweeet, smaller tabletop and use the other 2 as a bistro set....cheers
Very cool
That would look real nice Lee.Seen a set used in a chevy way back.
Very cool.
I lucked into finding a fresh '76 tradesman 100 in the pick n pull yard today. Picked up a crack free grill, low back seats, glovebox door, window cranks, tradesman 100 badges, an ignition switch with keys, a locking gas cap with keys, and a super clean gauge cluster for $100. Not a bad day!

[Linked Image]
Nice score's!!
That barrel dinette set will be awesome. Nice score on the Dodge parts.
I went to the Portland Swap Meet at PIR yesterday and scored some great stuff! This set of Appliance wheels that I have been looking for for Infinite Surf. I never thought I would find a set, let alone a staggered 14" and 15" set for $40!

[Linked Image]

Also picked up a set of decent Cregar S/S wheels with great tires for $100. 14x7 and 15x10!

[Linked Image]

And some nice van paraphernalia! A manual for my dodge, some hotwheels, and an amazing license plate frame!

[Linked Image]
Nice finds Lou! Scrub those Cragars with some tinfoil and water and the chrome should come back nicely.

I have to start hitting swap meets. Bay and Craigslist pretty much suck these days.
Awesome finds.
Thanks! I'm gonna start cleaning them on Monday. Yeah craislist and the bay are definitely dying. The swaps are where its at!
$80 for the pair.
Did you know that the auto parts stores have a secret
Stash of "Used" batteries?
Ask next time youre in one.

In most cases 50% or more off retail.
These "used" batteries have never been used, but may be a couple years old.
They still have warranties, and unfortunately core charges.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Magus
$80 for the pair.
Did you know that the auto parts stores have a secret
Stash of "Used" batteries?
Ask next time youre in one.

In most cases 50% or more off retail.
These "used" batteries have never been used, but may be a couple years old.
They still have warranties, and unfortunately core charges.
[Linked Image]

Great score! Great information...I will have to keep that in mind
Originally Posted by Reed
Nice finds Lou! Scrub those Cragars with some tinfoil and water and the chrome should come back nicely.

I have to start hitting swap meets. Bay and Craigslist pretty much suck these days.

can you elaborate on the tinfoil and water? Are you just hopeful that some of the shine will rub off or is there really some magic? signs of a gullible vanner in me?

rust and pits are hard to overcome in chrome...
I've heard of the tinfoil and coca cola on "mythbusters" show but have never tried it.
aluminum foil is softer than chrome. Here is a youtube vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0FNlxDJbQo
I have use the tinfoil trick on many chrome items. Hubcaps, bumpers, tube grills.... It works!
Found this carpet last week in the wrecking yard, $10. Came out of a '75 Dodge. Molded to fit over the fenders. Vacuumed it, washed with soap and water, then vacuumed again and looks pretty good. I don't need it for my van but will keep for a possible future project. Even has some good padding on the back. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Very nice! That looks like one of those ACC new custom molded carpets. Great score for $10!
Ed. Great score on the carpet.

Lee. Thanks for letting us know about the batteries.
I went to the junkyard today looking for a replacemewnt power seat base for my 89 E-150 Explorer conversion. Struck out on the power seat base, but I found a few items I have been looking for for YEARS.

The first is the 1996 ONLY Ford van throttle body to MAF sensor adapter hose. Catfish was kind enough to send me one a few years back (thanks again!) but I found one on a junked van today. These are rare enough and it was cheap enough so I just grabbed it.

The second items are almost as rare these days. I found some plastic trim pieces that go on the side doors of 75-91 Ford vans that mount cloth blinds. These were never that common when these vans were new and now-a-days there ae very rare. I have been looking for a set of these for years and finally found them on a junked van. Too good to pass up, even if the rear door piece is missing the blinds.

Anybody else score anything cool lately?
© Vannin' Community and Forums