WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS ALOT OF RANTING.
Also, I apologize for the pictures being so large, I could not make them any smaller.
Let's start off by saying that if you have not already done so, I suggest reading my introduction post here: https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbthreads.php/topics/659186/New_to_Vanning!#Post659186 This link includes a lot of crucial information that will need to be known before reading this post because it explains where my van came from and how it came to be mine.It also explains why I am having the trouble I am. I would also like to point out that I am perhaps one of, if not the youngest member of this site. I have not seen anyone younger than me in my time here so far. I prefer not to disclose my age but I will post a picture of me and you may guess my age if you would like. Also, throughout reading this post, please keep in mind, we bought this van for $500.

This is me earlier today after I washed my van:
[Linked Image]

Now that all of the disclaimers are out of the way, let's get started on progress. (Rant starts here.) So far, we have done nothing but get the engine running and it's not even running perfectly yet. I've had the van almost a year now and everything is still bad. Right now, the code reader we scanned it with says oxygen sensors are causing a problem and as of right now I can't replace them. We have also concluded that getting a new muffler will reduce the rumbling and rattling that is happening.

We had a storm a few weeks ago and I wish I could blame this hole in the side of the van on the storm but sadly, I can not. I can not conclude that this giant hole in this van is from hail or rain hitting it. It is just not possible. (What do you guys think?)

[Linked Image]

I am unsure of how to go about fixing this and money is an issue at the time because I am unable to work.. I have been mooching money for repairs from the parents so far. The hole will eventually need to be fixed because it is so close to the wheel that I fear it could cause further problems in the future. The paint is also bubbling around the hole but I don't know if this could be an issue.

There is also another hole but this one is on the bottom of the back of the vehicle and I am not sure if this can be fixed or if it should just be left alone. I also fear this could cause further issues because the entire outside bottom of the van is rusted and is falling apart. The paint is bubbling and pieces fall off alot now. frown Here is the second hole:

[Linked Image]

As you can see here, the hole is at the back and next to it the paint is bubbling and the actual van is rusting and chipping away.

As for the rear bumper, it has fallen prey to the usual rusting away and has begun to fall off. I've seen this on alot of other vans, so I am happy to say I am not the only one with this problem. Again, I have no idea if this can be fixed or if it's even worth trying to fix. You can see this here:

[Linked Image]

You can see behind the rear bumper here:

[Linked Image]

Now, for the final part of my rant, I will say that I am still trying to find a running board for the passenger side of my van and if you read my introduction post you saw that I stated there that I was missing it and I also stated why it is now missing. If anyone out there has one or knows where I can find one/make one I would really like to get some information. Aftermarkets are fine too. (Rant ends here.)

Now that the rant has ended, I would like to include some pictures of the inside of my van that I did not include in the introduction post from April.

The back bench that folds into a bed:

[Linked Image]

The left captains chair that has a stereo system next to it:
(This is still a mystery to me because I have no idea where this is supposed to play sound through because it does not say.. and it does not come through the speakers. There are headphone jacks in the back of the van and I believe that is where it plays through.)

[Linked Image]

The vacuum cleaner that as of right now does not work, it is located behind and to the left of the back bench that folds into a bed.

[Linked Image]

Finally, the last picture that I will include in this post. The TV, to the right is a little cabinet and that is where I currently have a converter box so when I am parked I will be able to watch some local news or local channels. To the left is the VCR but as of right now that is another thing that does not work.

[Linked Image]

If you have actually read this far, thank you. I am very sorry about all of the ranting in this, but it had to be done. I had to get information on how to fix the rust, how to fix the holes, and maybe some ideas for working on the interior? (SUGGESTIONS?)

THE PLAN
1. Fix the oxygen sensors
2. Get a new muffler
3. Fix the rust holes
4. Get a new running board
5. Fix the bumper

So that is my plan guys, but I still have one more thing to share in this post.

You could not really tell through any of the pictures in this post that I live in a condominium. It is part of a Home Owner's Association and the people who live here really DON'T like my van. Ever since I moved here late last year, all I have had out of the people here is problems. They started out complaining to the Association saying that it is an eyesore. Then, it escalated to people saying that it must be moved or they would "Do something about it." Finally, last week while I was on vacation the Home Owner's Association put a parking violation on my van saying that it can not be "stored" on this premises and that it would be towed at the owners expense if it was not dealt with. As I said at the beginning of the post, I am still very young, and I can not even drive the van yet. The van is not being "stored" it is moving every week because my parents are driving it and it is fully insured, plated and it passed emissions testing.

The reason why I included the above paragraph in this post is to let you all know that perhaps in the near future my vanning career will end before it even starts. I may have to sell the van in order to continue living in this location, or I may have to find another place for it to go. Either way, neither option is the one that I want to happen and I really would like to keep on vannin'. For now though, happy vanning everyone.

Proud owner of a 1997 Ford E-150 Hi-top Conversion Van

[Linked Image]