1987 G20 Gypsy
by SDMickey - March 25th 2024 9:39 pm
Featured Links

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 44 45
Re: How do we help Vanning grow and survive?
#7185 April 03rd 2004 12:28 pm
V
veteran
veteran
V
Just Got back from staples and made 200 copys of these flyers I had got at the New England Van councel meeting...Bob... (Boat) is our New PR and he is going to do a good job for us all.I will post these flyers in all kinds of businesses that I know will let me post these.From Drug stores,to supermarkets,video stores,partstores,Gas stations,And I have two custom van shops still up and running.and other spots as well...

KEEP ON TRUCKIN....
WACKO TODD

AdSense long
#7186 April 03rd 2004 11:41 pm
T
old hand
old hand
T
Well we have been down this road for many years now and it is getting around to letting more of the newer style of vans or mini vans into the clubs. I have been thinking this matter over since council and if i had someone come up to me that wanted to join our club with a vehicle that could be a van and is not i am not going to pass on this person. Who knows maybe down the road he or she will buy a van. Just remember that Dodge has stopped making vans for 2005, now we need to look at the spinter van. I have seen it and been thinking about having one as my next vehicle. If you would like to see this check out there web site at www.spinter.com Also I have been doing alot of street rod shows and have come across alot of people that used to be vanners, still have there vans and some don't. They tell me that they thought vanning was a dead issue and that we weren't around any longer. We need to get the word out there that we are here and alive. I have been attending the All Truck Nationals in Carlisle, Pa for many years. This event is open to all truck and vans. When i first started going there i was the only van in the show. Last year i would say that there were at least 5 vans in the show. Still a poor turn out from the vanning world. If we want to get the word out that we are still here this is a great way to do it. I know that it would be a bit pricy since they charge $45.00 to show or have you van in the fun field. But if we want to be notice than it is a small price to pay. Last year John from my club and Money from N.Y showed up to show off there vans. Money took 1st place in light show, and 2nd place in his class. THe only problem is that if you show they don't have a clue on how to judge a van. They put a 4x4 in our class and have lost to him over the years. But who really cares for the throphy, it's the awards that we as vanners can say that we are here and i hope that we can make this a happening event this coming August. I know i will be there and hopefully will see more vanners. Note: There is no camping at this event. If you check around there are motels and they do fill up quickly and there are alot of campgrounds. You can check out there web site at www.caratcarlisle.com Dates Are August 6,7,8,2004

#7187 April 03rd 2004 11:45 pm
T
old hand
old hand
T
new web site for spinter, www.fl-spinter.com

#7188 April 03rd 2004 11:47 pm
T
old hand
old hand
T
Still looking for right site for spinter. http://www.fL-spinter.com/

#7189 April 03rd 2004 11:49 pm
T
old hand
old hand
T
Sorry, Try this one: http://www.fl-sprinter.com/

#7190 April 09th 2004 12:32 am

Vanthropologist

Vanthropologist
Judith sent me the responses she got from the CofC, I will try to get that info up as soon as I can as well as summarize the answers here.

It is all about thinking outside the box and actually following through with the ideas. This is exactly what many vanners have been doing and are doing especially this year.

Just this year alone vanners have been in and to big car/truck shows in Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Charlotte. Plans are in the making to have a large showing of vanners on the Hot Rod Power Tour. Vanners have written many letters to Truckin', Hot Rod and responded to the forums.

Last year I went to see the Barris Supervan restoration. I will be going back to Bradford Ontario next Friday to see the completed work. Going out on a limb and invite them to bring it to Vanfest in June. Maybe they could work that into CCR.

There are many ideas we can come up with, it is to our benefit to try them out.

Keep coming up with ideas and we will all try to make them happen ! We will not likely see the number of vanners increase tremendously, but even 10% would be nice and having vans back in the media will encourage all vanners to continue building and restoring custom vans for many years to come.

My dream is still to attend the 50th Nationals ! I got back into it for the 25th and I will do what I can to help keep it going.

#7191 May 12th 2004 11:33 pm
S
stranger
stranger
S
Hello guys,

Newby here. I belong to a site
http//:wwwfordtruckenthusiasts.com. It's mostly mechanical, but every now and then I drop a referral to your site. I think the probs for vans has to do with 2 bucks a gallon. They're not the easiest engines to work on either, and did I mention 2 bucks a gallon.
I have a 351 windsor engine. Put one in a Mustang, and look out. Put one in a van, and hope you're not in a hurry.
I like the site btw, and don't need any convincing about vanning. Somewhat like a turtle with the bedroom in the back. Ahh, the good old days.
Maybe I catchy bumper sticker would help. There must still be interest, with the Honda Element, and Scion. I hear sales are taking off. Ford has always sold a lot of them. If we could just get one to break the 30 mpg mark, I think we would have a revival. Luck to all!!

#7192 May 25th 2004 2:54 pm
O
stranger
stranger
O
yeah, there's still interest at least with the Scion xB...you can see it here www.scionlife.com

as i saw stated a few posts up, the xB and Element aren't considered vans by some....but the general shape is there...and if you want sliding doors on one, i'm sure there is a customizer out there just dieing for someone to come by and get it done.

i just see them as the new generation of microvans, and i know they have definately peeked my interest.

#7193 May 26th 2004 8:38 pm
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
I have to give credit where credit is due. There ARE new vanners going to eVANts. Went to Lone Star's eVANt, one of the bigger groups, I believe they were called All Fired Up Vans, and very appropriately named, had youth in their club. They all caraVANed in like we used to do "in the old daze". Big on club participation, too.

Attended Central Iowa Vans 30th VANniversary, and there were youthful vanners there also. Again, big on club participation. The club that sticks out in my mind is Central Illinois Vans, apparantly resurrecting. We saw them at Spring Fever in Missouri. Would love to attend their eVANt.

The puppy introduced in Iowa by Three Trails was a returning participant at Spring Fever. His comment to me was that he's hooked, wants to continue.

I believe we'll see new youthful faces. It will happen slowly, but it will happen. The vanners sticking with it will have it in their soul, like the veteran vanners.

These younger vanners have a special place in my heart. Luv talking to them. They have the enthusiasm. They will show us a good time.

My apologies for not quite remembering some of the other club names. My memory occasionally suffers.

tata4now
haf

Page 3 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 44 45

Moderated by  Astro, nautic1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members