1987 G20 Gypsy
by SDMickey - March 25th 2024 9:39 pm
Featured Links

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 45 1 2 3 4 44 45
Re: How do we help Vanning grow and survive?
#7176 April 01st 2004 4:16 pm
veteran
veteran
I'm thinking about putting my '77 into the local auto show 'n' shine here in town and see what kind of response I get. Last year they had approx. 300 vehicles (no vans). I have 2 months, so if nothing else it will be cleaned up. Any other thoughts? [Confused]

AdSense long
#7177 April 01st 2004 7:26 pm
old hand
old hand
I AGREE W/ DEMIN, YES WE DO AS MUCH AS WE LOCAL VANNERS CAN DO TO PROMOTE OUR CAUSE.WE ATTEND ALL LOCAL CRUISE NITES AS WE CAN,W/FLYERS IN HAND. WHEN WE GO ANYWHERE WE ALSO ARE ASKED WHAT IS VANNIN',GIVE THEM A FLYER AND HOPE FOR THE BEST.WE DO THE DRIVE-INS,ECT. GIVE THEM THE FLYER ON THE HISTORY AND WERE WE ARE GOIN IN OUR VANNERS FUTURE/SELF EXPLAINITORY. YES [url=http://WWW.VANNINAGAIN.COM]WWW.VANNINAGAIN.COM[/url] IS NEW WE ARE HERE AS YOUR SUPPORT MAGAZINE. JUST DOING OUR PART TO PROMOTE NEW VANNERS PERIOD. BRINGING OUT THE OLD, NEW VANNERS. W/ FRESH IDEA'S,3RD GENERATION,ALONG W/ 2ND GENERATION VANNERS. THEY ARE THE "FUTURE" WHO IS THE VANNERS FUTURE!!!!!! [Big Grin]

#7178 April 01st 2004 11:23 pm
journeyman
journeyman
Ya know... maybe it's time for vanning.com to have a whole "how to" section for building' yer van.... cuse there ain't much reference info for the new vanners to use... mebbe this could "jump-start" em'..

I've got a bunch of old van mags... And I know ya'll have em' too.... seems fairly easy to scan the pages, save em' as .jpg files and post em'...
The new generation, PC literate vanners would simply print out the pics and get to customizin'

Topics could be:

How to carpet yer Van
How to build an overhead console
How to build bench seats
How to install flares
etc.. etc...

Any thoughts??

#7179 April 01st 2004 11:53 pm
D
D
I go to a lot of car cruises and car shows and have a lot of people they like my van better than most of the cars. just like hurricane said too, I get a lot of responses at the grocery store or hardware store. I tell them about vanning.com and tell them to tell some friends, or tell them about a run. word of mouth is a great way to advertise

#7180 April 02nd 2004 12:46 am
Astro Offline OP

OP Offline

I would love to get a "how to" section up and running and updated on a regular basis, and am working on it....

however, I can't just scan old magazines and post them.... that isn't exactly legal as it is copyrighted material.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by steverino:
<strong> Ya know... maybe it's time for vanning.com to have a whole "how to" section for building' yer van.... cuse there ain't much reference info for the new vanners to use... mebbe this could "jump-start" em'..

I've got a bunch of old van mags... And I know ya'll have em' too.... seems fairly easy to scan the pages, save em' as .jpg files and post em'...
The new generation, PC literate vanners would simply print out the pics and get to customizin'

Topics could be:

How to carpet yer Van
How to build an overhead console
How to build bench seats
How to install flares
etc.. etc...

Any thoughts?? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

#7181 April 02nd 2004 2:39 am
journeyman
journeyman
Sorry Astro,

Didn't mean top imply you weren't doing anything... hope ya didn't take it that way...

Question tho' - if the magazine is no longer printed, or the publisher no longer in business is the copyright still valid??

Would it be difficult to get permission?
After all - all of these articles are in magazines/books that are long out of print...

I'd be willing to send a few emails to find out..

#7182 April 02nd 2004 8:08 am
Astro Offline OP

OP Offline

I didn't take it that way, no worries.
I'm looking into the copyright situation on old magazine articles.

#7183 April 02nd 2004 4:06 pm
old hand
old hand
To me there is nothing better than sitting next to a Camaro or mustang in my Van and having someone notice the Van over the Other.
As far as Hoping to jump start the magazines into How-to's. I think we need to find a shop willing to do a build, and help get it sponsored. Give the Discovery Channel a project ready to get of the ground as soon a cameras are rolling or a reporter there to document the buildup and give credit to the suppliers. If sponsors see this as a Viable option they could want in. B.F.G. has been involved in the past. If we can get one big name on board the rest will follow. Auto Zone could even be an answer. I have gotten pretty far up the chain of command for the midwest region and have yet to be told "I don't think so". Another starting point could be compiling Photos until we have a decent sized pile of Magazine worthy Rides and start mailing them one at a time once a week to several different sources. Someone somewhere will notice.

#7184 April 03rd 2004 11:10 am
dan Offline
veteran
veteran
I too keep a stack of flyers for eVants in both vans,I have been known to chase down a good lookin van to hand out a few flyers.

When Im in car show or cruise night, I will leave photo albums of vannins open for display, flyers are out for the taking and the TV is playing a vannin video.

Last year at a cruise night I met this young guy who had a custom van, and showed alot of interest, he was supposed to show up at summerset but I dont think he did, I didnt go so I dont know for sure, when I see him this year I will be sure to get his number this time instead of just giving him mine.There is also this young guy at my job who is on his 3rd van, his dad has a few really custom ones, Ive seen the pictures, Im just having a hard time getting the kid to say he would go to a truckin. I think some people are just some what intimidated by the whole idea.

I also have the vannin calander at work, and a van on my computer wallpaper, everybody that knows me here at home knows how much into vans I am

Over the years since I started vannin, Ive gotten a few people to come with me, they have always had a good time and some have come back for a second time. 2 years ago we bought a family with us to Lost mem day, they had a blast, and bought a conversion van when they got home. They guy was going crazy with eletronics as soon as he got it home, but his time and money just hasnt allowed time to go back again, I sure they will attend a run in the future, thet really did have a good time.

I think most of us are on the same page with trying to promote our sport in our own way and in our own location, we just have to all keep it up.

Page 2 of 45 1 2 3 4 44 45

Moderated by  Astro, nautic1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 16 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TheDrunkenGunsmith, Jac, LOVclassics, ZenMuffin, Milkman530
12724 Registered Users