Print Thread
Rate Thread
Brake Work on Chrysler Products "The Ram Man"
#693491 August 11th 2015 5:51 pm
B
Buzzard Offline OP
OP Offline
B
This happened to me this past weekend at the Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH. and has been ongoing for the last few years. Thank God that I have more than 1 vehicle to drive!
I know that this is not strictly van related, however I wanted to inform the community of this guys antics. So here goes;

*****LET THE BUYER BEWARE*****

Wayne “The Con Man” will gladly take your hard-earned money for substandard work! In the winter of 2012 I had contracted Wayne to rebuild the brake booster from my 1970 Challenger because it was leaking air but otherwise functioning normally.

After he repaired it I had it reinstalled and found out real quick that something was wrong. Whenever I applied the slightest pressure to the brake pedal it was extremely touchy and under any type of fast stopping the brakes would lock up. This was EXTREMELY DANGEROUS for both all occupants inside the car and to others on the road.

I met up with Wayne at Chrysler’s at Carlisle in July, 2013 and spoke to him about this problem. He stated that the rears brakes are not adjusted correctly causing the fronts to do all of the stopping therefore locking up into a skid situation with minimal pressure to the brake pedal. So following the advice of the self-proclaimed “Answer Man for Mopar Brakes”, I incurred the cost of having the rear brakes disassembled, checked, cleaned and reassembled along with re-bleeding of all 4 brakes. Nothing at all changed.

I have since met a former mechanic of a closed local Plymouth dealership who worked on these cars when they were new and he also remembers them extremely well. When I talked with him about this dangerous condition, he immediately suspected that something was wrong with the booster. He asked me to bring the car over to his home to look at it and he happened to have a booster from a 1972 Cuda. He removed the original booster and with a few alterations installed the Cuda booster onto my Challenger. When we took it for a test drive the car stopped perfectly and was actually enjoyable to drive again without the worry of slamming into the rear end of the car in front of me.

I attempted contacting Wayne to have him look at the booster again while it’s still out of the car and left him 3 voice mails and 1 emails over the course of a week. Never once did I receive any type of reply from Wayne or any acknowledgement of my correspondence. When I listened to his greeting on the phone, I learned that he would be in attendance at the Mopar Nationals. So on Sunday Aug 9th, 2015 I got out of bed at 5:00 AM and drove the 2.5 hours to the Nat’s. After paying $5.00 for parking and another $20.00 to get in I met up with Wayne in the swap meet area at 8:30 AM. After informing Wayne of who I was and the problem that I am having with the vacuum booster that he rebuilt he almost immediately became defensive and in a belligerent manner began shouting at me. He told me that If I was his patient and him my doctor that I would need to seek help elsewhere because there was nothing else that he could do for me. He reitierated the fact that he would not look at it and that he cannot nor he will not help me at all!! I had even asked him to take this one in on trade or to sell me another. I do not understand how a man with his reputation could be so rude and mean to a customer so early on a Sunday morning. All I wanted was to have my booster repaired even if I had to incur the additional cost to do so.

I am not a mechanic, I just happen to love the cars that Chrysler has built over the years!

So in my opinion, Wayne Brown “The Answer Man” for Mopar brakes is a total fraud and an unscrupulous businessman.

Wayne when you read this comment just know that I DO NOT TAKE MY FAMILY’S WELL BEING LIGHTLY. Consider yourself fortunate. Your workmanship could have had some detrimental results for ourselves and others on the road. You should be ashamed of your work and warranty policy. I wonder how you can sleep at night knowing that you have put people’s lives at risk.

I have already opened a case with the Better Business Bureau and plan on filing a complaint with the State of Texas.

I hope you view this as less of a proclamation of discontent and more of a wake-up call. The possibility of a life lost because of your neglect is an enormous price to pay.

********** JUST HAVIN' SOME FUN! **********
Re: Brake Work on Chrysler Products "The Ram Man"
Buzzard #693496 August 11th 2015 7:12 pm
U
Festerus Vannimus
Festerus Vannimus
U
I am not familiar with this guy, but he sounds like the kind of guy who gives mechanics a bad name in general, and the kind I hated to follow on repairs when I used to turn wrenchs for a living. I actually was brake certified mechanic, but I refused to mess with boosters as far as rebuilding them, was usually easier and cheaper to just replace, except in cases like yours.
I am glad to hear you got the brakes fixed and wish you the best on your case with the BBB

My van : 1989 Ford E-150 Econoline, currently named “WOLF-DEN II”

Founder & President of Sooner or Later United Truckers and PROUD TO BE A S.L.U.T. ! !
Buzzard #693497 August 11th 2015 7:26 pm
Maniac
Maniac
Yet another example of why I don't let other people work on my family's cars if I can help it. Glad you got it worked out.

Windows- they're what make a van worth owning!
Buzzard #702087 January 13th 2016 2:17 am
S
stranger
stranger
S
Not only that, The Ram Man (Wayne Brown) is a psychopath with serious anger management issues. You were fortunate that you confronted him in public. No one should try to do business with him.

A few people have had good experiences with him, but it just depends on whether he is in control at any given moment.

Buzzard #702117 January 13th 2016 3:32 pm
Welcome to the site Spatter ....

SUNSHINE VANS-VAN DIEGO
ADRENALIN BY THE GALLON & CHASIN RACIN
ONE FOR THE DIRT & ONE FOR THE STREETS
'93 CHEVY G30 454 4X4 SPORTVAN EXT 146" WB
'92 CHEVY G30 454 BEAUVILLE EXT 146" WB

Moderated by  Astro, Ram4ever 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events