by SDMickey - March 25th 2024 9:39 pm
Featured Links

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Suzie's Flamingo Knest!
#665914 July 10th 2014 2:48 pm
Bad Girls from New York, Bad Western Inn in IN.
OP Offline
Let’s see..where did we leave off? Oh yeah..end of March! This year Easter and several birthdays in our world were the same day..4/20. That meant a trip to visit the in-laws to celebrate Dad’s 80th. If I had the energy he does , we would be at every eVANt listed! But, we don’t. We did, however make it to Bluegrass’ Van Jam the next weekend to celebrate some more birthday—mine---and friends, including Queen T from Midwest! The weekend after that was our wedding Vanniversary, then Spring Back. We had 2 visits from loved ones during this next time frame and that took up our next week and weekend. Following that we attended Midwest Truck-In. Thinking we needed a weekend to recover, we did manage to stay put the beginning of June, but that only lasted until I went to VanFest and we followed it up by going up to Baker’s for the first time. We will try to get there again..depends on the schedule. We again had a weekend off before the 4th and company for the race that was delayed. Now, we have friends in town to visit tonight and Vanner company for a few days arriving tomorrow. We will be getting ready for the Nats during this time also! I want to offer bits of information about each eVANt so far and let those of you unable to attend the Nats to feel you are with us anyway…..so enjoy with a lovely beverage of your choice!

Bluegrass’ Van Jam! The ‘Cousins’ as they are to me sure do pick some great themes to work with. And they incorporate it throughout the eVANt. This year is was SuperHeroes! US very tall Vanners had a blast with this theme and we were all SuperHeroes in our own way. Steve-o and Donna by giving a couple of Bad Girls shelter, Charlie by driving his ‘SuperVan’ , Scotty for fessing up to the error in information, me for driving on my birthday, Steve for making it all better! And Bluegrass for the games and giggles. One day….that band will play what I am asking for instead of using a ‘filler’ tune! Hee hee This is a nice eVANt, not to large, things for the kids to do, and the adults and a nice flat grounds, right by the river! They hold it each year the last weekend in April in Friendship IN and there in never a long want if you need something. If you have never been, I say put this one on your ‘get to someday’ list.

Vans on the Run…Spring Back. This eVANt is over Mother’s Day weekend and I had never been. We do try to make a new one each year, so for me, this one counts. For the hubs…it was his very first eVANt and he hadn’t been back in quite a while. It sure was a treat to see faces I hadn’t in a while. Beautiful grounds with a lake…not sure if there is fishing or not tho….never saw any! Our reason for attending this year was to be at Goofy and Daisy’s wedding…a tye-dye theme of fun! The wedding was something to see! All blue and purple tye-dyes for the wedding party and then all colors of tye-dyes for the rest of us! There was more than enough cocktails for all, a dinner, cakes, and music for dancing! We drank until some of us couldn’t, then we rested!

Midwest Vans Ltd. 40th International Truck-In Celebration! So glad to have been a part of so many of these eVANts. A couple before I moved, the rest after, but these guys always look out for their Bad Girls! This year attendees decorated themselves and their campsites with some of the past themes and there were certainly some fond memories there. The pub crawl on Sunday was a hoot and with the help of a dear Canadian friend we made a dream come true. Breakfast buckets are yummy and made it to the Action Van’s bar for the pub crawl and Indy car race! Action won best bar drink with those melon balls Leanne made! Yumm Yumm! The bands kicked butt this year too! This was our third eVANt with family from Action Vans parking with us, and we are so very grateful for all the bonus time with them this year! There were several Vanners that came out to remember days gone by, and some to rejoin the fold. MVL has done many things over the years to set trends in our lifestyle that soon become the norm for us and to them and what they represent…I give them a huge Kudos! Love you guys for all you do for all of us!

VanFest!...didn’t think we were going, but the evening before it was decided I was going for sure! So exciting for me to get back to Canada to see so many of my Vanning Family I miss here in the Midwest! I arrived in 9 hours…good time and still had most of Friday to play! Found my Bad Girls, found my spot and off it was! The Friday (see…that is Canadian talk!), was the full moon on Friday the 13th and we surely weren’t sure what was to be in store for us. We had lovely weather, although for some they said a little chilly. Now, I know some of you don’t really like the idea of the mini p/us at this eVANt, but 19 years ago, it was a way for the Vanners to be able and host an eVANt and keep Vanning alive in Ontario. It has worked out well for all these years now. The p/u kids know it is a Vanning eVANt and they get to come and play…Vanning rules. The p/us have their own side of the grounds, and usually keep to themselves over there during the down times, so not an issue. Unless, you happen to park across from Econo-land! (ya hear me…right KH?!?) I would suggest you go at least once to see how it is put together and the size of the show field! Oh, yeah…they put the Vans on the outside and the p/us on the inside so we can watch them! Sunday came all too quick for me and we had a small issue of getting my VAN jumped! It didn’t want to start when my nephew put the cables onto my sister’s Van, or when Gord loaned me his jumper box, or when Judith brought her huge butt cables and Van over. Not until Geoff took the battery out and let it sit on the charger a while, then she started right up! Once Geoff got is started, he closed the door and with the security system on it, it locked automatically. I am not used to this and totally forgot to mention it to all my mechanic assistants, so now, here I was with a running Van and no way to get into it! All the doors locked! One more Vanner to the rescue….and the door was open. Howard made sure to open some windows right away to keep an ‘access road’ open..you know, in case! Hee I want to thank everyone who helped get things back to how they should be and to Stacey, Kevin and staff for working so hard so we could play so hard! GO TO VAN FEST in 2015…it will be the 20th—should be a grand time again!

One week later and we were off to Baker’s of Milford in Michigan! Got to Deb’s the night before and has a blast playing with even more Vanners! We had Alpine’s special hot dogs, beverages, time to visit, a peek a G-Man’s Van, time to talk Robert into bringing it and his the next day and I even got to the dance recital of a very special little friend of mine! Up early for the ride over to Milford in a lovely little caraVAN! We really did enjoy ourselves amongst the 80 plus VANs on the hill. I was very surprised at how many of us were there! It felt like a truck-in! Vanners from MI, IN, OH, Canada, KY were in attendance! There were vendors, and the restaurant had yummy food and clean rest rooms! A great tribute to GMan for starting this eVANt and great thanks to those keeping it going since his passing! My only itch here was that on the back side of the hill a couple of cars could pull right up into the Van area. I know they probably go there every Sunday, but if you see nearly 100 vehicles of the same type parked behind a sign that designates an area for ONE day…you really need to look around and realize you are in the wrong spot. Car Show! Loved the guy in the Ranchero on his lawn chair who seemed lost…and he was! I know..I sound like those that won’t go to VanFest I was referring to earlier, but this is a one day once a year thing and I think it is reasonable to keep it pure for the one day! Enough whining….onward!
We got to rest again before our round of company between the 4th and the Nats. No Pumraw this year, and next year may be reservations only…start thinking about it! Now it is time to get the Van packed up for the Nats and the rest of the season. I know what we have looking at us, but you will have to go somewhere to see if we make it. There is something nearly every weekend! No more, nothing to do, now where to go whines should be heard! If you don’t know what is coming up…the quick list follows, then check out the calendar, the eVANts thread, the Florida Van Council list, or get you a stack of fliers at the Nats next week!
After the Nats it will be, BVA, Next Gen, CITA, DIVC, Three Rivers, the Haves and Have Nots, Performance Inc, TIT’s Last Chance, SEVC in Cherokee NC. There are also a few New England eVANts in there and you may find one in eastern Canada also! So, get out there and VAN!!!!! I will update you all in a few more weeks of the wonderful adVANtures we are having in 2014!

Cherish your friends!
HUGGS to all!
Suzie
Re: Suzie's Flamingo Knest!
Suzie-BGfNY-IN #665926 July 10th 2014 4:51 pm
OP Offline
Nearly forgot...it got a little lost in the listing!
Vantasy is the 3rd weekend in August! Near Batavia NY put on by WNY!

(sorry kids!)

Cherish your friends!
HUGGS to all!
Suzie
Suzie-BGfNY-IN #666180 July 13th 2014 9:21 pm

Showoff of the week on Cardomain 11/26/07

Showoff of the week on Cardomain 11/26/07
Don't forget Summerset in October

Phil
'78 Dodge Van Nautique
Susquehanna Valley Vans, Inc.
Host of Spring Thaw
PennsylVANia Van Council, Inc.
Host of The Thaw
Host of Summerset
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Nats Board Support Staff.
Toopa Sinner Tribe
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2224899
Nautique

http://forums.coolridesonline.net/member.php?4172-nautic1

"Remember,If you ain't laughin',you ain't livin'"

[Linked Image]
Suzie-BGfNY-IN #666239 July 14th 2014 3:21 pm
O
pooh-bah
pooh-bah
O
Hope to see you at the Nats as well as another one of your many events!

1973 Dodge Shorty B-100
1995 Chevy G20 Gladiator

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserve body,
but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and proclaiming

"Wow What a Ride"

Johnny O
"O Vanners" of Connecticut! Since 1982

Moderated by  Astro 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 11 robots.