Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Eyes of the next generation
theroseptv #578251 August 09th 2012 8:54 am

Showoff of the week on Cardomain 11/26/07

Showoff of the week on Cardomain 11/26/07
I apologize if I went off track on this. Totally agree with what she has said. We do need to work together to keep vanning moving forward. It is a shame that some runs have actually come to an end. This year being one that was near and dear to my heart, Spring Thaw. Not because of lack of attendance, although it has been down the past couple years, but due to our club just getting to the point of burnout. It is a shame but it is true. I remember our own run having between 4-500 vans in its early days. We see a Nats that is the Premier Vanning Event only having those numbers now. Considering back in the 70's it was in the thousands. Last Nats over 1000 was the Nats in 1996 by the PVC. Why is this? If it was an easy answer, we would have figured it out by now. We need to find a way to bring back attendance at all events. Is this by way of 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation vanners? If possible, yes. We now have our 3rd generation vanner in our family and she has attended her first run and won youngest vanner.
I know personally we have not been able to attend as many runs as we would like to due to physical and monetary reasons. Hoping those issues change soon. I think we just need to step back and figure out how to improve attendance and bring in new blood instead of in-fighting. The expression, "If it's not broke, don't fix it", does not work anymore. In ways we are broke and we need fixing. Can we a part of the solution and not a part of the problem?

Phil
'78 Dodge Van Nautique
Susquehanna Valley Vans, Inc.
Host of Spring Thaw
PennsylVANia Van Council, Inc.
Host of The Thaw
Host of Summerset
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Nats Board Support Staff.
Toopa Sinner Tribe
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2224899
Nautique

http://forums.coolridesonline.net/member.php?4172-nautic1

"Remember,If you ain't laughin',you ain't livin'"

[Linked Image]
AdSense long
theroseptv #578258 August 09th 2012 10:16 am
enthusiast
enthusiast
Read through this time and time again, wanted to say a few things! Love Vanning, love vans, motorcycles, cars, trucks, 4x4's. If you know me you know I do a lot of vanning and I drive a long ways to a lot of van events in a van. I have also flown, hitch a ride, rented a car, walked if I had too(No I've never walked, just kidding). I have never felt because I wasn't there in my van that I wasn't welcome. Did I say I love vanning! Come one and all. As many know you can come to our event in whatever will get you here. Call me, email me, text me, tell me, you will be welcome. Just be safe in getting here. At the end of our event we will tell you how many vehicles we had through the gate. How many vans, and how many others. Also some other stats on how far, average miles, states represented, etc. But everyone counts no matter what you drove. We just want you to come. Our family is working on the 3rd generation, will be a long time before my grandchild van but I hope one day that they will and that they will be welcome as I have been. Until then I will continue to support all that I can and look forward to seeing everyone, wherever their paths may lead them. Hopefully to Colorado and in a van, or in whatever will get them here!Forever Vanning!

P.P.V.A.
H.A.V.E.
C.V.C.
A.L.O.H.A.
I.C.A.N.
H.O.A.V.C.
DairyLand Vanners
Vanatic
Hard Core Vanner
theroseptv #578263 August 09th 2012 10:55 am
Bad Girls from New York, Bad Western Inn in IN.
I would also like to make a comment on the future---

For those that Westerhaven't noticed--our young blood is really been stepping up to the plate lately. A new young group is actually taking over Spring Thaw, so that eVANt is still a go in a sense. Over in OH there was a new eVANt last Sept from those young and energetic Next Generation kids--they are doing another one this year. And another young group in OH is hosting their very first eVANt next weekend. Also, the same weekend is an eVANt in NY by one of our newer groups--Western New York Vans which has a mix of old and new Vanners. Niagara Vans has bounced back with a ton of new faces and still being active attending eVANts! The Midwest area has also seen lots of young faces come by not just to visit--but to stay! And in KY, I just cannot keep up with the cousin list because you can only use new, newer and newest so many times.

With all of that being said--I see the future of Vanning to be in good hands. They all get it, they all are active, they all want to have eVANts that are fun, caring and enjoyable. What we must remember is that it is up to us Old timers who have stayed around all these years to make them feel welcome and help them along so that when we are too old, sick or gone, they will carry on in the manner we have taught!

The future is in good hands with the VANNERS--it is the vehicle manufacturers we need to worry about--who is going to keep making our VANs for us.....

Cherish your friends!
HUGGS to all!
Suzie
theroseptv #578270 August 09th 2012 11:59 am
Just Call Me Trouble !!
OP Offline
Just Call Me Trouble !!
Thank you everyone for bringing this back on track. smile My daughter is happy with all the responses. Nautic1 your absolutily right. One of my favorite sayings is that if your not part of the solutions your part of the problem. smile I agree with you too 4snymph we need to get there doesn't matter how, just need to get there and support. And love to hear that Suzie about the younger generations smile But as the older vanners we need to let the younger ones come in and help them and welcome them and their ideas as was stated. smile Bringing up the problems may help others speak out and bring up the answers we are all looking for.

Live everyday like there is no tomorrow.
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
theroseptv #578307 August 09th 2012 3:58 pm
D
Deb Offline
old hand
old hand
D
Suzie I'm glad you stated all the new to our Vanning Family. There are quite alot of new younger vanners joining us and starting their own clubs. Some of them were introduced by their parents, some introduced by their friends. My Daughter has been in tow with me the past few years, making new friends and 'getting it'. I'm second generation so that would make her third generation; just have to talk her into buying and driving a van now smile Also, my 6 year old Grandaughter just adores vans and keeps asking to go to an evant. Looks like I'm going to have to step up to the plate and turn her into fourth generation. Years ago I personally did not bring children to truck-ins because that was my time away to unwind. But now that I'm much older I come to realize that if I do not bring my kids/grandkids and introduce them to this wonderful life I have enjoyed for so long, I am not doing my job to see that this lifestyle grows.
My club is also growing which makes me quite happy. It'll never be the 250 vans it was back in the 70's, but hey we are adding new members!
And the hubby likes to try and make it to a new evant each summer, one that we haven't been to yet. We'll be heading to Ohio next weekend to check out the Knightmare Vanners and support them. Of course being able to afford going away for the weekend is first important. This Sunday we'll be heading to a park here in Detroit for a picnic we were invited to by one of the Detroit clubs here. Haven't hung out with the Detroit clubs in a quite awhile, so we're due. I've never gotten into Vanning Politics so I guess I'm a bit blinded or naive. Or maybe it's just that for the past 34 years I go to have the best time with my best friends smile We wish the younger generation joining us the very best and will stand behind and support them every inch of the way.

Action Vans of Michigan
Second Generation

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
theroseptv #578327 August 09th 2012 4:49 pm
Thanks Deb-sorry I forgot to mention about the new blood in MI too--you guys have 3 new members in the past couple of years too! And they are a great addition!

I really do believe we will be just fine into the future.
I also believe that those that keep saying 'vanning is dying' or asking 'what is wrong with vanning' are often--even unintentionally--the source of too much attention and need to get out to eVANts other than that one an hour from the house!

Vanners of all ages and kinds just gotta hit the highway and see what is really happening out in the VANNING world! You really don't get the full effect on the flatscreen!

Cherish your friends!
HUGGS to all!
Suzie
theroseptv #578330 August 09th 2012 4:53 pm
Supreme Master
Supreme Master
Very true Suzie

Everyday above ground is a Good Day!!!
Never Stop Vannin'

Member of Break Away Vanners
Host of Spring Break