Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24
Re: Vannin' Documentary film
TheBrambler #563958 May 22nd 2012 8:14 am

Vanner Extraordinaire

Vanner Extraordinaire
We did a quick intro for these guys that will be given to all who arrive...Let's see where this goes...

WHO ARE THE GUYS WITH THE CAMERAS?
We are happy to welcome filmmakers, Andrew and Nick from Little Cabin Films, a production company in Chicago, to our event. They will be arriving on Saturday. They come to our event in their vans and are trying to capture the true story of vannin. They own vans and found out about our sport and passion through the internet and vanning.com. They met with Howard Furtak recently and wanted to come to our event with their vans and also have an opportunity to meet and interview vanners. They respect our privacy and will not film or publish anything without your permission. They will be filming our awards and memorial presentation and other group activities. If you don’t want to be interviewed then just politely let them know.
They are interested in learning more about who we are? What brought us to vanning and what keeps us vanning? They are also interested in learning more about the history of vanning and why we do what we do and why we are so passionate about it? This is about learning more about us, vanners, as people and our clubs. If you get a chance to meet them and want to spend time sharing your story, then invite them in and show them vanner hospitality! Let’s help them document our history and our future. They are arriving as van owners and we hope they leave here as vanners! They will also be attending the 40th Van Nationals this year as they carry out their mission of documenting the history of vanning. We hope they leave here looking forward to seeing their “friends” at the Nats!

Howard
"Nickels and Dymes"
Midwest Vans Ltd.
Vanfest Staff
Ontario Federation of Vanners Rep since 1978
National Truck-In Board since 1986
First van event-a hall party...March, 1974...ain't been right since!!!!!

TheBrambler #564116 May 22nd 2012 6:17 pm
M
M
Thanks Howard, My father Ken Sr. won't be able to make it since he will be recooperating from knee replacement surgery but he did say to tell you hello. From some of my Father's stories I hope they have changed (Bolling Green riot) and stayed the same (streaking, j/k). In the 90's, I was in a truck club with a kustomized Tahoe. I went to the "Indy Truck Bash" and was reminded of the old truck-in's (more like a truck-in lite). My father and I are planning to build a tribute to the Hemi-van and bring the old days back for a new generation.

TheBrambler #564123 May 22nd 2012 6:28 pm
V
veteran
veteran
V
Way to Go Howard..I Like It.. More More more..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Van-Promoter
&
Representative

Trust,Respect,Honor,Pride & Tradition

Ultimate Truckers &
Vice President Of Keep It Tight Vanners

TheBrambler #564382 May 23rd 2012 4:04 pm
M
M
I can make it to the show, I don't have anything to show but I would like to check it out. I'll see how my Father's sugery goes and try to drag him there too. Might need a golf cart to drag his old bones around though. Its kinda funny that after Mr. Van closed, my father got involved in selling RV's. He used to put on the Lake County RV show at Lake County Fairgrounds. It was kind of like a Truck-In for Senior Citizens!

If we rebuild it, They will....... (um, you know)
TheBrambler #565233 May 28th 2012 8:23 pm

Vanner Extraordinaire

Vanner Extraordinaire
Well, the boys made it out to Midwest. I think they had a good time, will be looking for their comments on here. we already have a funny story to share...They arrived during the show and shine, which we hold in a front field, right along the road. We spotted them driving by and realized they had missed the entrance to the campground, so I yelled at them, and they hung a right. Right through the drainage ditch and into the show field! The doors fly open and out pile 5 guys and a chick (Andrew's wife...quiet over there!) followed by assorted lawn chairs and beer. I slapped a show card on the van and they won Classic Van. Nice entrance guys...hope you had as much fun being there as we did having you there! Word of advice...when you get to the Nats, use the gate!

Howard
"Nickels and Dymes"
Midwest Vans Ltd.
Vanfest Staff

TheBrambler #565235 May 28th 2012 8:34 pm
Supreme Master
Supreme Master
WOW! That is a funny story

Everyday above ground is a Good Day!!!
Never Stop Vannin'

Member of Break Away Vanners
Host of Spring Break
At Shenandoah Acres Family Campground

Owner & Creator of Wizard's Van-In Videos
Member of Riding High Truckers from 1982 to 1996
2nd Member of The Toopa Sinner Tribe
Member of Free Bird Vanners 1996 to Present
Member of Cape Atlantic Truckers South Jersey
Host Club of Freeze Out
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Shenandoah Valley Vans
TheBrambler #565341 May 29th 2012 11:13 am
addict
OP Offline
addict
Hey all. We had a fantastic time at the MVL 38th! All of us couldn't get over how welcoming everyone was. We had a chance to meet some folks and chat with them about everything from vannin and our documentary to life in general. We got to see what it's all about and are really stoked to head up to the Nats in a month or so and really get to filming. I'd just like to thank Howard on here and all the great clubs that were there for the warm welcome and hospitality! We look forward to seeing you all again. We wanted to talk to everybody, but alas, time was limited. If we didn't get a chance to talk, we'll hopefully meet you up at the Nats. As always, send me a personal message or comment on here if you're interested in putting yourself on camera.

Side note: I think I'll just continue to crash show n' shine's as that seems to be a winning ticket! hehehe. smile Also, who needs to enter through the gates? Just find that shallow drainage ditch!

Bramble On!
[Linked Image]
TheBrambler #565429 May 29th 2012 6:19 pm

Vanner Extraordinaire

Vanner Extraordinaire
Hmmmm...think they fit in?????

Howard
"Nickels and Dymes"
Midwest Vans Ltd.
Vanfest Staff

TheBrambler #568581 June 14th 2012 8:06 pm
addict
OP Offline
addict
Jeezum crow! We're gettin close to the Nats! Just wanted to let everyone know that we're in full swing on pre-production for this film and even have a few nice folks on camera now (thanks to the MVL's openess and hospitality). We're beyond excited to make this little film and really think that there's an audience for it beyond the vannin' community.

What we all do and are into is somewhat of an unknown to many folks out there... and when they see the fun, meet some of the people (via the film of course!) and see the machines, I think people will be infinitely fascinated and endeared to what vannin was and has become. The history is rich, and the vanners are really something of their own species in the automotive world (I say that that as a term of endearement). BUT, that's just the thing... the VAN is only a vessel; one that acts as a catalyst for good people, good times, and hopefully a great film.

We want to show vannin' for what it is. I'm not going to make any assumptions here on this forum as to what "that" is... I think it will present itself through the film if we do our jobs as documentarians the right way. I want to make an honest film that captures all aspects of vannin' and all those that participate. Some party hardy! Some bring their kids! Some even use vannin as a way to connect with family. So, when you see the guys with cameras, don't be shy! Show us who you are, let us know why you got into vannin. Let's show the world how much fun we / you all have with these antiquated automotive beasts of yore. Can't wait to meet some of you guys in person. Thanks for the support so far.

PS: PLEASE let me know if anyone has questions or suggestions. We're new to the vannin' world, but hopefully after all this, we'll no longer be stragers.

-Andrew
andrew@littlecabinfilms.com
www.littlecabinfilms.com

Bramble On!
[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24

Moderated by  Astro, Virtual 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now