by MufflerMan Mike - March 27th 2024 5:15 pm
1987 G20 Gypsy
by SDMickey - March 25th 2024 9:39 pm
Featured Links

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Econoline NW show June 24 2012. Portland, OR. All Vans Welcome! (especially earlies)
#568138 June 12th 2012 8:13 pm
K
OP Offline
K
11th Annual Econoline NW
Sunday, June 24, 2012
10:00am to 2:00pm

Over 50 Early (1961-1967) Ford Econolines Rally. Awesome Car show! Hors d' oeuvres, prizes and vans vans vans!!! LRSD will be surprising the crowd with our amazing skillz and bumpin beats!

Les Schwab Tires
2410 SE 122nd
Portland, OR, 97233

[Linked Image]

http://www.lastregiment.com/events.php

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/oldeconolines/message/117440

ECONO-NORTHWEST 2012

Hi all!

Okay, here's what I can tell you.

ECONO-NORTHWEST 2012
Sunday, June 24th 10am to 2pm
Les Schwab Tire Store
2410 SE 122nd
Portland, Oregon

For those that have been there before, you know there will be good food, good
people and a bunch of old Econolines. Dorothy will be making plenty of goodies
and we will have a good supply of drinks, but feel free to bring your own, just
no alcohol please. Instead of holding a raffle throughout the day we will have
one drawing at 2pm. Dorothy has made some very cool prizes so you definitely
want to stick around for it. I'll be giving away a few Econoline toys in the
raffle, too. I've got some new freebies for all in attendance, but the best
could go quickly. You don't need to bring your Econoline, but the more the
merrier. We had 39 early Econolines attend last year, which has to be some kinda
record for a strictly Econoline meet. I'll post more as it gets nearer, but if
you're anywhere near Portland, you should not miss it, as this could be the last
meet I host!

Terry in Orygone

Last edited by kookykrispy; June 12th 2012 8:22 pm. Reason: added more info
AdSense long
Re: Econoline NW show June 24 2012. Portland, OR. All Vans Welcome! (especially earlies)
kookykrispy #570705 June 25th 2012 11:37 am
U
U
They had a good turnout as the Les Schwab parking lot was full of Econo Vans & Half-vans most of which had late V8 conversions in them.
Thanks to KookyKrispy for posting this as local advertising was mostly non-existant.
KookyKrispy came down with five other guys from the Sea-Tac area. One was a vanner that started his full custom back in the day ('75 or so)when he was "14 and a half." Although I didn't remember him, I used to hang with one of his Bustin' Loose partners.
He also brought a "kid" who has built the nicest Mystery Machine I've ever seen. It sits right, has a late 5.0 (I think), and gorgeous paint.
There was also an early rust free Supervan (TMW)for sale with a $1,500 asking price.
Also of interest was a "project" with the differential poking up through the floor.
Best of all... it didn't Rain!

Re: Econoline NW show June 24 2012. Portland, OR. All Vans Welcome! (especially earlies)
kookykrispy #570747 June 25th 2012 2:21 pm
K
OP Offline
K
Hey Blaino! Yeah, great meeting you (again haha). It was amazing to see at least 40 vans (some van-ups) come out of the woodwork for this show even though there was hardly any info put out about it. Just goes to show you that Vanning is alive and rockin here in the NorthWest, although we often don't get much credit. I'll post some pics I took!

kookykrispy #570753 June 25th 2012 3:30 pm
K
OP Offline
K
This is a cross-post from Vintage Vans:

What a great show! Sunday Morning bright and early we met at the Poodle Dog in Fife, WA... 6 rigs: 3 econoline trucks and 3 vans. It was great to meet Ted and all his econoline buddies. Some great guys for sure. We all hooked up to prepare for the for the 2 hour drive south.

[Linked Image]
Alex from Burien showed up with his radical 8-door mystery machine with the killer raked stance!! He said he just got it finished and running only a week ago and he had just happened to see my post over at vanning.com about this show... so he met us at the Poodle Dog.
[Linked Image]
Alex's van is badass. It has a fuel injected 5.0 and an AOD overdrive transmission.

[Linked Image]
He has done alot of detailed work to this awesome van and he built the zoomies himself... which sound killer!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
We also met another vanner named Sean who showed up at the Poodle Dog just to say hello. Sean is from bremerton and has a couple A100 vans. Sean, it was great meeting you and we can't wait for you to get one of your vans happening and on the road. Next run, we want your van with us!! Let me know and we'll come over and help you wrench and get that thing runnin!

So we all rolled out and headed down the freeway to Portland. I snapped this cool shot of Rodney's white knight van and the mystery machine along side of a killer blown street rod that was cruising with us for a little while.

[Linked Image]

The Bustin Loose Early Vans rolling convoy stopped at a rest area:

[Linked Image]
Alex's mystery machine rolling on I-5

[Linked Image]
Our club Patch! Anyone else in the puget sound area who wants to join Bustin Loose early vans let me know!
[Linked Image]

kookykrispy #570754 June 25th 2012 3:39 pm
K
OP Offline
K
We got to the show and it really was a great turn-out! I didn't really count but I think there were at least 40 earlies total... with a mix of vans and van-up trucks. All econolines except for my chevy and also Bills66 chevy. I was glad to see at least one other non-ford early van. next time we need a couple more Chevy or Dodge vans to come out!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

kookykrispy #570756 June 25th 2012 3:44 pm
K
OP Offline
K
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Interior shot of Bills66's van
[Linked Image]

Me, Bills66, and Rodney (one of the original founders of Bustin' Loose Early Vans). It was great to meet Bill. What a genuinely nice guy. We were instant pals... but no wonder why, we're both hardcore Vintage Chevy Vanners!
[Linked Image]

Rodney, Me, and Alex standing in front of Rod's '65 "knight in White Satin" as we are paying homage to Rodney's vintage circa 1978 Bustin' Loose club jacket. We are all stoked and honored to be resurrecting Bustin' Loose as a van club and to get vanning going again in the Northwest!!
[Linked Image]

Portland's "Last Regiment of Syncopated Drummers" put on a great show:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just one of the many Disney theme glass etchings that was on every window of one of the econoline vans:
[Linked Image]

kookykrispy #570766 June 25th 2012 4:36 pm
Master Metal Sculptor
Master Metal Sculptor
Great pictures....thanks for sharing.

kookykrispy #570790 June 25th 2012 5:47 pm
W
carpal tunnel
carpal tunnel
W
Sweet turn out of Early owners.
Keep working on those van owners out your way Kooky.

.......Wookee

Its a "Van Thing"
A life style you have to LIVE to understand!

[Linked Image]

Vintage Chevy Van Club

Moderated by  Astro, nautic1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 21 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TheDrunkenGunsmith, Jac, LOVclassics, ZenMuffin, Milkman530