Rating: 5
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Re: Carlisle Truck Nationals August 3-5 2012
CustomVan #552060 March 28th 2012 7:53 am
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Just a Reminder....There is STILL time to register with Kurk for the Carlisle Truck Nationals.

AdSense long
nautic1 #556756 April 18th 2012 12:44 pm
Madman!
Madman!
I'm registered payed for and the room is booked.

Ken Schwarz
Tricky Truckers, N.J.
Van Clan Plus One, Canada
Manse Vans, Finland
Rebel Vanners, N.J. "USA"
Toopa Sinner Tribe, N.C.

www.showvans.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/360991

[Linked Image]

"Coolness ALWAYS trumps comfort"
nautic1 #564602 May 24th 2012 4:30 pm

Vanthropologist

Vanthropologist
Will be headed to Carlisle to support Kurk and the many vanners in this huge event. It's the largest non van exclusive event that this many vanners will have attended in many years. Vanners get upset when they hear the media say that custom vans are back. Well this event will show the truck world and media that vans are back and never left in a very big way.

Virtual #568471 June 14th 2012 10:48 am
C
C
Doug, and EVERYBODY supporting this eVANt...THANK YOU!!!! What we all have to remember is that WITHOT VANNERS getting out there and struting our stuff.......to the rest of the world WE ARE HISTORY!...WE are the ONLY ones who can put us in the spotlight AND WE are the ONLY ones that are KEEPING us from it. I understand that some folks just are NOT into showing their van , they just want to be with their friends and party without the outside world peeking in, and THAT IS PERFECTLY FINE. Believe me ( goes to a LOT of shows and events)...anywhere OTHER than a VANNER event just don't feel like HOME , BUT as in real life ...ya gotta get OUT OF THE HOUSE sometimes!!!
I feel SO STRONGLY that this bunch of folks ( with all of our STUFF) is the WARMEST, FRIENDLIEST,CARING group of people I've EVER been aquanted with , and feel it would be a SHAME to NOT want others to feel like we do !( peter Frampton). I've told the story MANY times about my travels in MY van ( that's NOT off the hook or anything special a far as paint goes, BUT it IS recognisable for sure), and just pulling over to stretch or something and another vanner will pull over ( OUT OF NO_FRIGGEN WHERE) and see if I'm OK...Sometimes i don't even KNOW them (yet). Or someone will call me because a friend SAW me pulled over! WTF!!!!! If THAT ain't Cool ...i'll kiss yer arse!
Carlise events is really making an effort to welcome us and spotlight us for this event for WHATEVER reason. what SHOUD we do? Pass it up? OF COURSE NOT. We have a SHOT at being the LARGEST group ( CLUB) at the event ( we have 26 vans ..last years largest was 38 ( OK its a long shot...but NOT because I didn't TRY!!)) BEST club display!!!! COMEON!!!! we're vanners...WE CAN DO THAT!!!!..What OTHER group will have a building,outside support,THEIR OWN Vendor! ( OK...ME) and a FREEKIN ROBOT remote controlled van roaming around!!!! BREATHING FREEKIN FIRE!!!! as they say in New York ...forget about it!
Last weekend, some of the Flyin Dutchmen and i went to a car show in PA at LCBC ( Lancaster county Bible College) where there we 600+ cars ( AND ..it was FREE!)...WHAT A GREAT SHOW!!! Anyway, I ran into the dude who does Motorama and he spent a good hour talking to our group and then to me about about how OTHER folks in HIS business have started NOTICING vans at the shows more and are excited ABOUT THAT! He was schmoozing to see if we'd be there again next year ( DUH ). There's TALK of expanding into ANOTHER ROOM at the event next year and HE aCKNOWLEDGED that we NEED MORE space next year, and i'm SURE he will accomodate us. We all know we were cramed at last years with the 10 we had, but, EVERYBODY LOVED IT ( am I wrong?)ANYWAY!!!! Next years Motorama event is FEB 19-20 (with Set-Up day being the 18th) MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!
Back to Carlisle....I've been workin my ass off to make this a SPECIAL event for VANNERS & VAN-KIND , with only the HOPE of getting MORE folks INTO VANS. I REALLY want to make this event be an ANNUAL eVANt for MANY years to come, and with the continued support of some of the greatest people I know, WE should NOT have a problem doing it. We have special vanner ONLY goody bags, dash plaques and MORE suprises ( I'm NOT TELLIN). Somebody as "leaked" a few of the banners made for the eVANt to the public ( who could THAT be?)and people seem to like them. Ed Beard's MASTERPIECE will be located around our locale , so if you've been following his progress online with that phenominal paint job, YOU WILL have a chance to see it in person at this eVANt! ( cool meter PEGGED!!! ). If you want to enter the show ( WITH OUR GROUP of VANS)...there's STILL time...but ya GOTTA CALL ME!!! 800-495-VANS. You know how a lot of the older vanners are always talking about the "good ole days" of vanning and how all these pictures from the 7th NATS or this NATS and that NATS are being dug up and put on Face-Tube now a days ( VERY COOL I might add)...well guess what...THIS WILL BE ONE OF THOSE DEFINING MOMENTS in VANNER HISTORY folks ( sounds like one of those old Bud lite commercials)!!! In 10 years , some of us will be looking back at Carlisle and saying I WAS THERE!!!!.......will YOU ?
I don't get on vanning.com as much as i should but am ALL OVER FACETUBE ( i know it's facebook), so if ya want to comment, bust my balls, or have something to contribute......CALL ME, FACETUBE me, e-mail me...hell COME ON OVER ( ya REALLY need to SEE Belly Acres Van Spa and Workshop anyway...its a PRIVATE camp/workshop built BY VANNERS FOR VANNERS, with EVERYTHING a VANNER could only DREAM of .....BEFORE). I LOVE talking vans ( its a problem sometimes i know)and i REALLY DO LIVE AND BREATHE this stuff!
PEACE...............Kurk

CustomVan.Com..............Tomorrows Earlies.....TODAY

It don't have to be old , to be Old School...............CustomVan.Com
nautic1 #569934 June 20th 2012 9:21 pm
nautic1 Offline OP

Showoff of the week on Cardomain 11/26/07
OP Offline

Carlisle just posted an update on their Facebook page with 19 new pictures of our vans that are going to be there. Very cool.

https://www.facebook.com/TruckNationals

Phil
'78 Dodge Van Nautique
Susquehanna Valley Vans, Inc.
Host of Spring Thaw
PennsylVANia Van Council, Inc.
Host of The Thaw
Host of Summerset
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Nats Board Support Staff.
Toopa Sinner Tribe
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2224899
Nautique

http://forums.coolridesonline.net/member.php?4172-nautic1

"Remember,If you ain't laughin',you ain't livin'"

[Linked Image]
nautic1 #570002 June 21st 2012 7:03 am
Old Timer
Old Timer
Thats great,and will be soome nice promotion for vanners.

Jim & Lucy Newkirk
1965 Chevy Bad Influence
1981 Chevy-the Love Shack
2012 Chevy Van , 2020 chevy van
2020 Chevy van Sapphire Sweet.
Club Vannerz.
vanninvanner@comcast.net
nautic1 #570022 June 21st 2012 8:41 am
M
pooh-bah
pooh-bah
M
promotion ? What are you selling ?

[Linked Image]
MrHoney #570026 June 21st 2012 8:46 am
W
carpal tunnel
carpal tunnel
W
Originally Posted by MrHoney
promotion ? What are you selling ?

Promoting a life style that even key board vanners like your self know little about....

.......Wookee

Its a "Van Thing"
A life style you have to LIVE to understand!

[Linked Image]

Vintage Chevy Van Club
nautic1 #570058 June 21st 2012 11:00 am
nautic1 Offline OP

OP Offline

yeah

Phil
'78 Dodge Van Nautique
Susquehanna Valley Vans, Inc.