Boxdin
Vanning.com logo
We host with and recommend Your-Site.Com - This site works best with FireFox - this site is powered by UBBCentral

Site Navigation

Advertisements
Recent Posts
Doghouse gasket
by Uncle_Fester
12:25 AM
truckin info
by Uncle_Fester
12:17 AM
Just for Laughs
by Uncle_Fester
12:14 AM
CB Radio Question
by Uncle_Fester
12:13 AM
Help: My '95 Chevy Van Gladiator Faile California Smog Star Test
by Ripper
11:35 PM
What's that thing on my tailight ?
by diamond_dave
11:33 PM
""Show Vans & Show Girls""
by The_Evil_Hippie
11:14 PM
Hy-Rollin Van Show July 26 2014
by Hoagie
10:51 PM
Front floor mat question 93 G20
by JDouglas
10:45 PM
We got another van!
by lostinthe70eees
10:44 PM
Featured Links

-->
Cluster Map
Locations of visitors to this page
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#561026 - May 09th 2012 10:39 am Re: Registered both my vans for the show [Re: frscke1]
wookee Offline
carpal tunnel

Loc: Joppa Md. U.S.A.
The unfortunate FACT is.
Van owners with nice daily driver vans who have never been to a van event,think /assume that vanners have the same attitude that the Car Guys have....

........Wookee

Vintage Chevy Van Club

AdSense
#561034 - May 09th 2012 11:15 am Re: Registered both my vans for the show [Re: frscke1]
tumbleweed Offline
old hand

Loc: Centreville, VA. 20120 USA
Well i attend a car show / cruise night almost every Saturday night to show off one of my vans. I get a good response from car guys and specters. There is this downfall at car shows. Showing up with a van is a deadly sin. Panels are ok but Vans are not. Depending on the car show is best to call in advance to see if they will allow your van to be in that show. I have done this a few times and about half of the shows don't allow vans. Some of the bigger shows do and i am going to be attending a Shiners Car show in Chesapeake,Va later this year that allows vans to show. Anyone wishing to join me give me a shout back. From what i have seen on the internet date is August 18th.

Tumbleweed
Free Spirit
Spirit In The Wind
Nova Vans
Virginia Van Council
Troopa Sinner Tribe

#561039 - May 09th 2012 11:25 am Re: Registered both my vans for the show [Re: frscke1]
CustomVan Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
just don't forget that when someone does something "rude" or says something to you taht is MEANT to PISS you off and in TURN ...YOU GET pissed off and start acting the SAME way they started....THATS WHY THEY DID IT IN THE FIRST PLACE....to PISS YOU OFF! If you want to give that attitude right back to them, does THAT make YOU better or the SAME as them , or worse? Usually when someone is rude to someone in fromt of others....everybody else knows it too and you ARE the better person by remaining calm ( let THEM continue to look like an ASS).
Now I'm NOT sayin that is someone STARTS something phyisical with you that you should let them harm you or ANYBODY else( vanner or not). If they slap you....KICK THEIR ASS..... HARD!!!! BUT the LAST thing we need is to be PERCIEVED as a routy bunch of troublemakers or a super "sensitive" bunch ( thus giving EVERYBODY the oppurtunity to say" THAT's WHY VANNERS are outcasts and THAT's why we aer excluded from the "custom vehicle scene").
I have NEVER met a higher QUALITY group of individuals than vanners. Compassionate, good hearted, generous ,LIFE TEMPERED , kind , inovative , creative , resourceful...EVERY quality that folks SHOULD aspire to be. YUP ...we HAVE OUR ISSUES!!!! ( I for SURE got mine), BUT the issues in life is NOT was makes us, its HOW we deal with the STUFF that sets us apart.....PROUD TO BE 100% Vanner!!!!

It don't have to be old , to be Old School...............CustomVan.Com

#561066 - May 09th 2012 1:33 pm Re: Registered both my vans for the show [Re: CustomVan]
Ram4ever Offline

Loc: Dundee, Michigan
Originally Posted By: CustomVan
...THATS WHY THEY DID IT IN THE FIRST PLACE...

Words of genuine wisdom there, CustomVan!

Bringin' her back - the construction never ends!

It's what you learn after you know it all, that counts...

Are you living to work, or working to live?

#561068 - May 09th 2012 1:41 pm Re: Registered both my vans for the show [Re: draggnastro]
Bikertrash00 Offline
old hand

Loc: Northern Indiana
Originally Posted By: draggnastro
to quote the bikers "15 grand and 15 miles dont make ya a f-in biker" They are just jealous cuz we can fit our girlfriends, and theirs in our vans to go to cruise nights.

I 2nd that!

This is very interesting to me, I didn't know there was an issue with vans at car shows, of course the last custom van I had was 20 years ago. Our cruise-ins and shows start this month so I will see, I do not consider mine a showvan but I might enter it in a couple to see what is said.

1982 Chevy G20

#561097 - May 09th 2012 3:36 pm Re: Registered both my vans for the show [Re: frscke1]
frscke1 Offline
carpal tunnel

Loc: San Diego California
Then that why he was pissed ...I didnt argue with him and walked away....3 hrs later was the tee shirt thing...It was his vender that got pissed....I know when I go out in my van I rep all vans, so my attitude was good ( safety meeting brownies ) ....I was more pissed after I got home and had time to think about what they did...

This happen on Sat...on thrus when I reg'ed he saw me drive in and the pastor yelled "Hell ya thats what we need"... but he was not a judge...just the host....East County Cruisers put on the show and did the judging...
'92 CHEVY G30 454 BEAUVILLE EXT 146 WB

#561112 - May 09th 2012 4:14 pm Re: Registered both my vans for the show [Re: frscke1]
frscke1 Offline
carpal tunnel

Ya know I should have listened to my van...

It had not dripped a drop in 3 yrs....I drove the 93 to the show ( 2 blocks ) and when I got there and parked it was dripping oil...I think my van was puking on the show floor....It didnt want to be there...should have listen to my van....

And now 3 days later it doesnt leak any more not a drop.....strange

Edited by frscke1 (May 09th 2012 4:22 pm)

#561192 - May 09th 2012 7:19 pm Re: Registered both my vans for the show [Re: frscke1]
CustomVan Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Yup...the other day a supplier of mine is having a car show to promote the stuff he sells and i asked about bring my rig ( ELECTRONIX / LIGHTS GALORE ( WHAT THEY want to promote)) and HE SAID ...oh like the old hippie STONER van ( like THAT'S a BAD thing)..then paused...then said ...well send me pictures of iy and "we'll see"...I JUST laughed it off....I GUARANTEE!!!!!! when i send pictures of my van...he WILL WANT ME THERE...I DO THAT stuff to promote MY business ( small corporate sponsored shows ...don't sell anything there....but i've got some GREAT CONTRACTS for corporate vehicles out of them), NOT THEIRS.....but hey ...I'll play YOUR game and use YOUR promotional dollars to promote MY business, and HOPEFULLY ( for them) it will be with some of their products...but not necessarily.
Anybody who takes their van to a car show KNOWS THIS...VANS get the most attention and "stirs" the most imagination in the minds of the folks who "gaze" upon them....( NOT arrogant...just FACT). I LOVE going to a small corporate car show and be 1 van amoung 25-30 cars....PIECE O CAKE!.....I WILL get calls from it...ALL I have to do is show up, open the van, and THEN do what i do best ( RUN MY MOUTH about the van and what the stuff on it can DO FOR THEM or their company).
My van dosen't have a high dollar paint job ( just STOCK PAINT), NO expensive wheels ( $100 "shiney" hub caps), no chop or fancy fiberglass do-dads, no big fancy engine ( ALL OF WHICH ARE GREAT THINGS)...MINES ALL STOCK...except my custom interior built to PRODUCE sales at new car dealerships and body shops and the like...Its a TOOL...It's FUN to use this tool and to learn how the tool can benifit in different situations.MY VAN to ME...is EVERYTHING a vanner could want( sleep in it , carry all my stuff i need with me, looks cool ( IS COOL..just ask me) PLUS************** Helps me to produce an INCOME , I'm always "home" with my van.................THERE I GO AGAIN...Blablabla

100 percent VANNER!

It don't have to be old , to be Old School...............CustomVan.Com

#562741 - May 16th 2012 1:14 pm Re: Registered both my vans for the show [Re: frscke1]
frscke1 Offline
carpal tunnel

Got an idea....I had a picture printed of my van in Hot Rod & Truckin magazines got it in a frame and next time Ill put it out for the car guys to see.....I bet 1/2 of them have never made HR & Truckin mag....wonder what there response will be next time...

#562749 - May 16th 2012 1:52 pm Re: Registered both my vans for the show [Re: frscke1]
Lee7673 Offline
pooh-bah

Loc: Maryland
Oo[quote=frscke1]Got an idea....I had a picture printed of my van in Hot Rod & Truckin magazines got it in a frame and next time Ill put it out for the car guys to see.....I bet 1/2 of them have never made HR & Truckin mag....wonder what there response will be next time...

[/quoPO] Good idea!!!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Lil_Ed, nautic1 
Upcoming Events
AdSense
Instagram Feed
Who's Online
0 registered (), 4 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
takukhan, tdc, IRIEMON, roostervanner, DCPDGUY
7866 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
lukester 104
Reed 93
newkirkinc1 92
HighwayStar 85
jules73 78
kursed 71
Captain_E 68