Print Thread
Rate Thread
SPPRING THAW 30.......
#560436 May 06th 2012 7:11 pm
Knighty Offline OP

Knews Anchorman
OP Offline

Knews Anchorman
WHAT WOULD YOU DO ? Here you are a well-known van club in the northeast and have 29 van events under your belt....Many vanners arrived each spring to join Susquehanna Valley Vans in the start to another vanning season...But things are not what they were, the club is smaller,and the task of putting on another event is even more daunting than in the past...
The answer of course is to put on one last event and go out in a burst of glory. That my friends is just what this club did....It was a wonderful run- located at a new grounds and with numbers swollen up a bit as some wanted to be there "for the last one"...
The new grounds are really nice with plenty of flat spaces, a number of pole barns for shelter and electricity and I liked the site a lot. I just wish that we could use them for a few more years...The area set up for vendors was the best I have ever seen. There were many booths, all completely under cover and sealed on the sides and back...Each unit had an individual overhead door to secure the booths after the end of the days trading and with the open part facing away from the wind, and also due to a paved walkway and more than ample lighting you could not ask for a better vendor area...I have been going to events for 35 years or so and I have never seen anything as nice as this was.......
I missed the van show as we (Lucy and I- Reb and Z) took off some time to visit the street festival in Lewisburg as we usually do. The weather was pretty fine, we had sunshine and the temperatures would be perfect if you could get out of the wind...
The bands, "Jesse" on Friday and "Faded Daze" on Saturday , sounded good to me.....Our location allowed us to see and hear the entertainment.....so we could take it in and still enjoy Rebels campfire....Take note here that Zina did most of the wood gathering and stone harvesting....
So while Susquehanna Valley Vans is no longer hosting an event, be advised that Generation Next WILL be doing an event on the same weekend next year, but at a different place...We'll see ya' there .........TIETIS

THE TRIP.....2 days down with an overnight at Gales home in Hammondsport.....1 day back in a roundabout route....Arrive home 9:30 PM....Distance total 1069 miles with appx. mileage of 16.65 mpg......

Knighty
Re: SPPRING THAW 30.......
Knighty #560474 May 06th 2012 10:50 pm

Showoff of the week on Cardomain 11/26/07

Showoff of the week on Cardomain 11/26/07
Thanks for the write up Ron. It was great to see you and Lucy as well as Rebel and Zina. I too wish we could have found this grounds earlier. Also that there could be more events there. I have never seen a vendors row area like it either. It was really great for the vendors. I worked pretty hard to get a great amount of vendors and think I did quite well with that if I must say so myself. *pats self on back* lol
I know that Generation Next will do well next year with their run. We worked with them to guide them with issues during the event such as the gate, show, etc. I will be working with them throughout the year to help them with what they need as well. Also plan on helping them with what I can during their event. They are a great group and will do well.
Thanks for everything and all the support throughout the years.

Phil
'78 Dodge Van Nautique
Susquehanna Valley Vans, Inc.
Host of Spring Thaw
PennsylVANia Van Council, Inc.
Host of The Thaw
Host of Summerset
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Nats Board Support Staff.
Toopa Sinner Tribe
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2224899
Nautique