Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Angered at a craigslist seller
punkvandriver #558980 April 27th 2012 5:18 pm
P
OP Offline
P
So the saga continues...
I saw that they re-posted the CL ad, so I sent a text asking if the van was back up for sale again. I didnt hear back, so I figured I would try again after a few hours due to the time difference. Again, nothing. Then, at 6pm east coast time, the wife calls up and says, "yeah the van is for sale again, you have first dibs, go ahead and western union us the money." I said no way...last I was told, it wouldnt start, and then there was an engine fire that wasnt sorted out. I said I would have to ask the vanner from here I know to come take a look before I sent any money, and / or finalize on a price. She was fine with that but in a rush. Less than 24 hours later, she texts me again, to let me know that her husband decided to trade the van to square up on some money he owed...

Last edited by punkvandriver; April 27th 2012 5:20 pm.
AdSense long
punkvandriver #558981 April 27th 2012 5:28 pm
M
M_S Offline
old hand
old hand
M
So.... you're upset that you did not get a van that you said "no way" to and that had an engine fire and would not start?

M_S #558996 April 27th 2012 7:01 pm
Maniac
Maniac
Originally Posted by M_S
So.... you're upset that you did not get a van that you said "no way" to and that had an engine fire and would not start?

-----That's what I was wondering ?

[Linked Image]

Proud member: Shenandoah Valley Vans

............" REALITY IS JUST AN ELABORATE ILLUSION"..................

punkvandriver #559009 April 27th 2012 8:07 pm
T
old hand
old hand
T
I had no problems buying my seats off of Craig lists. i know there are crazy people out there, Lots of scammers on that site but then again there are people who are real. Good luck in your seach.

Tumbleweed
Free Spirit
Spirit In The Wind
Nova Vans
Virginia Van Council
SEVC
Troppa Sinner Tribe

tumbleweed #559013 April 27th 2012 8:22 pm
Maniac
Maniac
Originally Posted by tumbleweed
I had no problems buying my seats off of Craig lists. i know there are crazy people out there, Lots of scammers on that site but then again there are people who are real. Good luck in your seach.

Tumbleweed
Free Spirit
Spirit In The Wind
Nova Vans
Virginia Van Council
SEVC
Troppa Sinner Tribe

I agree...lots of good people in this world, I have met and dealt with lots of them for sure ! cheers

[Linked Image]

Proud member: Shenandoah Valley Vans

............" REALITY IS JUST AN ELABORATE ILLUSION"..................

punkvandriver #559025 April 27th 2012 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by punkvandriver
So the saga continues... "yeah the van is for sale again, you have first dibs, go ahead and western union us the money."

it says right on the top of craigslist, beware of anyone asking for western union

90 Astro - "The Grey Ghost" - Haulin Ass, Not kids.

E-Z Vanners and West Vanners
Council of Councils Board Member
National Truck-in Board Support Team

[Linked Image]

"No matter where you go, there you are."
"If you can't do something smart, Do something right"
"There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
M_S #559103 April 28th 2012 4:29 pm
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by M_S

No. If you read my OP I was upset with the seller for all of the run-around. My recent post was an update that I thought was relevant / entertaining. The thing I said "no way" to, was the fact that they wanted me to send money, right away, with out having it checked out, after they had previous problems. I was only bothered this time again becuase again, a fellow member here was willing to go out and help me out, but at the last minute they changed their minds again. I guess in short, I was upset for the run-around.

And just to address other posts...I have bought and sold MANY things off of CL. I myself have sold three cars that way. No matter where you make a purchase, its ALWAYS buyer beware.

punkvandriver #559174 April 28th 2012 11:41 pm
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yah this was a bummer, I was actually excited for checking it out and taking some pics and vids for you- yet same thing, calls were sketchy like you said- back and forth about it being for sale or not, and then yes- a sudden change of heart etc. But after all the fuss I had to see what this van was all about, and now...
We never will.

Good luck for next time though!
-Matt

[Linked Image]
punkvandriver #559222 April 29th 2012 1:46 pm
M
M_S Offline
old hand
old hand
M
Originally Posted by punkvandriver
So the saga continues...
I saw that they re-posted the CL ad, so I sent a text asking if the van was back up for sale again. I didnt hear back, so I figured I would try again after a few hours due to the time difference. Again, nothing. Then, at 6pm east coast time, the wife calls up and says, "yeah the van is for sale again, you have first dibs, go ahead and western union us the money." I said no way...last I was told, it wouldnt start, and then there was an engine fire that wasnt sorted out. I said I would have to ask the vanner from here I know to come take a look before I sent any money, and / or finalize on a price. She was fine with that but in a rush. Less than 24 hours later, she texts me again, to let me know that her husband decided to trade the van to square up on some money he owed...

Oh, after reading this post it sounds like you knew the van had problems that you did not want to deal with and then proceeded to contact the seller just to say so. Looking at the other side of the coin, it sounds like the seller didn't want to deal with a buyer waiting to get their ducks in a row for inspection then have another probable mess with shipping.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Astro, nautic1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TheDrunkenGunsmith, Jac, LOVclassics, ZenMuffin, Milkman530
12724 Registered Users