Rating: 5
Page 83 of 109 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 108 109
Re: 84 Dodge......Transformation
Superbeast #540615 February 17th 2012 6:08 pm
carpal tunnel
carpal tunnel
Originally Posted by Superbeast

Thanks Charlie!
Should be in garage on Saturday. Sunday is up in the air as I may go to Motorama.
Thinking even a little farther outside the box on the tail lights! grin

Your welcome. I'll be out tooling around in my van tomorrow. I'll give ya call, hopefully you'll be in.
We can talk tail lights lol

Loonie Toon Truckers...
New Jersey Chapter

[Linked Image]

AdSense long
Radarlove #541058 February 19th 2012 1:01 pm
Q
veteran
veteran
Q
I decided to take time away from my home construction and go see the chop ken is doing. I have been trying to do this for the past four months. I wanted to see the van before too far along. (and I needed to pick up my mid ford door extender that ken picked up for me and stored since the last nats.)

The scene at ken's should exist of police tape with all the van carnage occurring (early dodge angle chop, late dodge angle chop, Luke's van tail end repair and custom touches, and Superbeast with those doors).

Then there is that vista cruzer convertible... some would say a moment of silence... while most would say the good olds guys really intended for 2 to look up to the constellations from a van bed through vista cruzer glass.

The newest chop is really living up to all it is intended to be. Some may have a concern that a chop should occur on a short van. Rest assured that this longer van takes nothing away from the vision of chop correctness.

The front pillars and the tilt-in-ward gutterless sides worked beautifully... All being forged together to a form-of-van arising from balanced proportions.

I closed my eyes and ran my fingers sideways across the newly no-rear-door metal while I felt for a rigid motion on this geometrically bent up and hammered-in ocean of metal that contained no waves. The rear corners angled and curved appropriately. Ken's orchestration of a torch, hammer, metal jigging, welding and grinding showed talent and quality as I felt (pun intended) it did not get any better.

The only major wrongness with what is occurring is that ken will have to watch this fine specimen one day leave his garage.

I think the hardest part of a chop is all of it. The windshield area of compound angles is mind-boggling. The doors and glass dimensioning on a tilt are complex. The distance come to date on this van looked really exceptional. This ALL is where ken's awareness to detail and symmetry is clearly evident. This is one van that wont appear to wobble or lean wacky when not in motion. Ken has a proven talent and skill. We can just awe or join in chop action. Thanks for the inspiration...

2014 and no more Econolines made... market blunder. The last new 2014 econoline to go to a vanner - DEADLAST
How many mid ford vans can 1 man own? Don't ask stupid questions...
My chopped mid ford will be painted black till they make a darker color.
Grind to Grind... Hot metal will abound the land... IceAge II 'The MeltDown'
My 3D printer will produce a life size 1969 mid ford in 2031... Wait and see...
Radarlove #541064 February 19th 2012 1:26 pm
P
pooh-bah
pooh-bah
P
AWESOME Job Ken,I have NO time for major projects, but I can TRULY appreciate the time and Skills not to mention the Dedication to Excellence Custom Builders have.

I DID NOT Escape, I'm on a Weekend Pass
Lifelong Disease, WhiteLine Fever
97 DODGE shorty, The ROCK & ROLL Train
New 4 Seasons Criuser, 74 B100, The Night Train
Member of the Toopa Sinner Tribe
Radarlove #541185 February 20th 2012 2:12 am
R
old hand
old hand
R
Ken, you have my vote! Awesome project(s)!!!

Randy

Radarlove #541506 February 21st 2012 8:41 am
pooh-bah
pooh-bah
Very awesome!

quiet1 #542125 February 23rd 2012 1:47 pm
Madman!
Madman!
Originally Posted by quiet1
I decided to take time away from my home construction and go see the chop ken is doing. I have been trying to do this for the past four months. I wanted to see the van before too far along. (and I needed to pick up my mid ford door extender that ken picked up for me and stored since the last nats.)

The scene at ken's should exist of police tape with all the van carnage occurring (early dodge angle chop, late dodge angle chop, Luke's van tail end repair and custom touches, and Superbeast with those doors).

Then there is that vista cruzer convertible... some would say a moment of silence... while most would say the good olds guys really intended for 2 to look up to the constellations from a van bed through vista cruzer glass.

The newest chop is really living up to all it is intended to be. Some may have a concern that a chop should occur on a short van. Rest assured that this longer van takes nothing away from the vision of chop correctness.

The front pillars and the tilt-in-ward gutterless sides worked beautifully... All being forged together to a form-of-van arising from balanced proportions.

I closed my eyes and ran my fingers sideways across the newly no-rear-door metal while I felt for a rigid motion on this geometrically bent up and hammered-in ocean of metal that contained no waves. The rear corners angled and curved appropriately. Ken's orchestration of a torch, hammer, metal jigging, welding and grinding showed talent and quality as I felt (pun intended) it did not get any better.

The only major wrongness with what is occurring is that ken will have to watch this fine specimen one day leave his garage.

I think the hardest part of a chop is all of it. The windshield area of compound angles is mind-boggling. The doors and glass dimensioning on a tilt are complex. The distance come to date on this van looked really exceptional. This ALL is where ken's awareness to detail and symmetry is clearly evident. This is one van that wont appear to wobble or lean wacky when not in motion. Ken has a proven talent and skill. We can just awe or join in chop action. Thanks for the inspiration...

WOW!

I don't know what to say! It was great to see you too, and it was fun chatting about the chop as well as the other stuff.

It really warms my heart to hear such compliments. Even though this job was taken on to help pay my bills, it has become a labor of love for me. If I could I would stay in the garage for weeks to finish it, but I still need to work too.

Thank you so much for the encouragement, and I'm truly happy if it gives even just one person the ambition to try something on this scale themselves.

Ken Schwarz
Tricky Truckers, N.J.
Van Clan Plus One, Canada
Manse Vans, Finland
Rebel Vanners, N.J. "USA"
Toopa Sinner Tribe, N.C.

www.showvans.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/360991

[Linked Image]

"Coolness ALWAYS trumps comfort"
PYSCHOWard #542126 February 23rd 2012 1:48 pm
Madman!
Madman!
Originally Posted by PYSCHOWard
AWESOME Job Ken,I have NO time for major projects, but I can TRULY appreciate the time and Skills not to mention the Dedication to Excellence Custom Builders have.

Thanks buddy! Maybe one day I can build you something too grin

Ken Schwarz
Tricky Truckers, N.J.
Manse Vans, Finland
Toopa Sinner Tribe, N.C.

www.showvans.com

[Linked Image]

radicalran #542128 February 23rd 2012 1:48 pm
Madman!
Madman!
Originally Posted by radicalran
Ken, you have my vote! Awesome project(s)!!!

Randy

Thanks buddy! Just imagine what we could do together!

Ken Schwarz
Tricky Truckers, N.J.
Manse Vans, Finland
Toopa Sinner Tribe, N.C.

www.showvans.com

[Linked Image]

XTReME_LiMiTzZ #542129 February 23rd 2012 1:49 pm