Boxdin
Vanning.com logo
We host with and recommend Your-Site.Com - This site works best with FireFox - this site is powered by UBBCentral

Site Navigation

Advertisements
Recent Posts
Hi fr. a new member (77 chevy)
by Suzie-BGfNY-IN
0 seconds ago
Thinking about buying this van, any input?
by Reed
Today at 02:01 AM
Glassboro NJ Carshow 29 Aug
by RavshngOne
Today at 01:29 AM
1991 G10, 4.3/auto - Lost Reverse
by Ripper
Today at 12:50 AM
helpwith a couple items...
by Ripper
Today at 12:46 AM
Hy-Rollin Van Show Aug 30 2014
by Hoagie
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
ADIRONDACK NATIONALS
by skippy
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Cannonball Run Ambulance / Vent Window DYI Info
by Reed
Yesterday at 10:04 PM
Captain_E's new daily driver
by Captain_E
Yesterday at 08:29 PM
My 75 Chevy Van
by keystonekid1978
Yesterday at 08:22 PM
Featured Links

-->
Cluster Map
Locations of visitors to this page
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#550429 - March 22nd 2012 11:01 am Re: ""Promoting Vans & Vanning"" [Re: vanmachineman]
draggnastro Offline
pooh-bah

Loc: Springfield, Illinois
You are promoting our lifestyle, not your wallet. I think the term "promoter" can mean any different number of things, in the case of what you are doing for the vanning community, it fits. We all know it's not for your own personal gain, but for the love of our lifestyle. I hesitate to call vanning a "sport" or our "hobby" because its so much more than that. Many of us have made lifelong friends and major life decisions based on/around vans, vanning, and vanners. My hobby is building and riding bicycles. Who am I? Im a vanner. Who's my family? Vanners.

Member Vanatics Van Club-Spfld, IL
Member Florida Van Council
Member Central Florida Vans,-Orlando, FL

AdSense
#550512 - March 22nd 2012 4:52 pm Re: ""Promoting Vans & Vanning"" [Re: vanmachineman]
Wizard78 Offline
Supreme Master

Loc: Virginia
If you loved or hated Dean Moore,Doesn't really matter he put on one hell of a Van Run Called Van Fest,And for years tons of Vans rolled in...Lots of vendors and lots to do.
shift

But Todd you are the man bow

Owner & Creator of Wizard's Van-In Videos
Member of Riding High Truckers from 1982 to 1996
2nd Member of The Toopa Sinner Tribe
Member of Free Bird Vanners 1996 to Present
Member of Cape Atlantic Truckers South Jersey
Host Club of Freeze Out
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Shenandoah Valley Vans

#550515 - March 22nd 2012 4:58 pm Re: ""Promoting Vans & Vanning"" [Re: vanmachineman]
Astro Offline

Loc: Dresden, Maine
Quote:
pro·mot·er/pr&#601;&#712;m&#333;t&#601;r/
Noun:
A person or thing that promotes something, in particular.

I don't see the problem

E-Z Vanners of Mass, Maine, NY, NJ, England and Finland!!

"No matter where you go, there you are."
"If you can't do something smart, Do something right"
"There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"

#550520 - March 22nd 2012 5:24 pm Re: ""Promoting Vans & Vanning"" [Re: Astro]
radicalran Offline
old hand

Loc: Shanghai China
Originally Posted By: Astro
Quote:
pro·mot·er/pr&#601;&#712;m&#333;t&#601;r/
Noun:
A person or thing that promotes something, in particular.

I don't see the problem

Me either. That is he point that I was trying to make.

#550527 - March 22nd 2012 6:02 pm Re: ""Promoting Vans & Vanning"" [Re: vanmachineman]
Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Offline
Vanner

Loc: Burlington, On, Canada Eh !!!!
Representative of True Vanner's may work......the 2% kicked the promoters out years ago and left a bad taste in those Vanner mouths that lived through that era....

The promoters in the day used the movement for their own gain, screwed parks and facilities and generally messed up to this day, where some parks with lonnnnnggggg memories still bar us.....

It has been along time since I drove 12 hours to a park only to find the gates locked, 500 vans parked on the road, an irate park owner who was promised the world, and and an absentee promoter that ran off with the Pre Reg Money..........Nevermind the ones that got 6000 vans, provided facilities for 200 and bands that had no power to play....ETC ETC....

So when you use the term Van Promoter, it is not only those that are true original 2 %'ers that would hate that term and what it once stood for...its the venues, and those with looonnnngggg memories that automatically dismiss you ( and worse, all of us )because of those memories.....

We have come a long way baby..........but we have to remember History is just that, and to a certain extent, no where were we are now !

This is just an observation,or explanation , not a criticism

Van Clan Plus One, Vanning since 1977 !
Ontario Federation Of Truckers (Vanner's)
Ottawa Valley Vans
Founder,Mixed Bag Truckers

#550528 - March 22nd 2012 6:02 pm Re: ""Promoting Vans & Vanning"" [Re: vanmachineman]
wookee Offline
carpal tunnel

Loc: Joppa Md. U.S.A.
Suzie yes there where plenty of event before Dean Moore.and after.
PA Dutch was held/started on the SAME Memorial day weekends.The same years.They where put together in direct competition with the Van Fest events.........

Wow we just took a nice trip in the way back machine right there......1981 30 years ago this memorial day weekend.

........Wookee

Vintage Chevy Van Club

#550732 - March 23rd 2012 9:43 am Re: ""Promoting Vans & Vanning"" [Re: vanmachineman]
Suzie-BGfNY-IN Offline
Bad Girls from New York, Bad Western Inn in IN.

Loc: Franklin, IN USA
Nice trip back Wookie--

all I am saying is back then there were many eVANts that had conflicting weekends--still happens a bit today too. And that was part of the reason Councils were started--to help avoid all of that. All I am saying about Truckers Unlimited is there wasn't a motive to be 'competitive' or to 'take down' some other eVANt--just the availability of everything needed to put on an eVANt---grounds, etc...
not to be 'evil.'

Anyway, that is all past and this is about what Todd wants to call himself--I think you have lots of options and support now Todd--go with what makes you comfortable.

#550749 - March 23rd 2012 10:46 am Re: ""Promoting Vans & Vanning"" [Re: vanmachineman]
Virtual Offline

Vanthropologist

Loc: Toronto, Canada
No doubt the late Dean Moore did some good for vanning, but he scored no points with many of us at the 1999 Nationals.

Dean had a brilliant idea of reviving Vanfest in 2000 that would have 1000-2000 vans in attendance, making it the largest van event in a number of years. First mistake was not getting local vanners in on this at all. Second and biggest mistake was putting it on the same weekend as a long established event 50 miles away and not backing down from that date. His third mistake was telling anyone who would listen, that vanners didn't have a clue on how to run a van event (remember this is 1999,by then vanners had been on their own for many years keeping this going just fine). Well needless to say vanners did not support the event and it never got off the ground.

As Doc mentioned, we need to keep track of this history. Let's not let it get distorted, as it tends to get when it's not properly documented.

If anyone has a flyer for Vanfest 2000 please post it.

#550767 - March 23rd 2012 11:52 am Re: ""Promoting Vans & Vanning"" [Re: vanmachineman]
Suzie-BGfNY-IN Offline
Bad Girls from New York, Bad Western Inn in IN.

Loc: Franklin, IN USA
I remember we figured he got to that number by counting just the flyers he had made up for it!

I can look upstairs for one Doug, but I really don't think I even picked up more than one just for the info on it.

#550768 - March 23rd 2012 12:03 pm Re: ""Promoting Vans & Vanning"" [Re: Virtual]
Wizard78 Offline
Supreme Master

Loc: Virginia
Originally Posted By: Virtual
No doubt the late Dean Moore did some good for vanning, but he scored no points with many of us at the 1999 Nationals.

Dean had a brilliant idea of reviving Vanfest in 2000 that would have 1000-2000 vans in attendance, making it the largest van event in a number of years. First mistake was not getting local vanners in on this at all. Second and biggest mistake was putting it on the same weekend as a long established event 50 miles away and not backing down from that date. His third mistake was telling anyone who would listen, that vanners didn't have a clue on how to run a van event (remember this is 1999,by then vanners had been on their own for many years keeping this going just fine). Well needless to say vanners did not support the event and it never got off the ground.

As Doc mentioned, we need to keep track of this history. Let's not let it get distorted, as it tends to get when it's not properly documented.

If anyone has a flyer for Vanfest 2000 please post it.

I'll look,I think I still have that flyer

Owner & Creator of Wizard's Van-In Videos
Member of Riding High Truckers from 1982 to 1996
2nd Member of The Toopa Sinner Tribe
Member of Free Bird Vanners 1996 to Present
Member of Cape Atlantic Truckers South Jersey
Host Club of Freeze Out
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Shenandoah Valley Vans

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Lil_Ed, nautic1 
Upcoming Events
AdSense
Instagram Feed
Who's Online
0 registered (), 4 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shahadey, 72152, LFC_Rob, Nightmare41042, musikbox
7920 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
lukester 121
Reed 108
Uncle_Fester 83
newkirkinc1 81
jules73 75
HighwayStar 75
kawrider 74