Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: ""Promoting Vans & Vanning""
vanmachineman #550749 March 23rd 2012 10:46 am

Vanthropologist

Vanthropologist
No doubt the late Dean Moore did some good for vanning, but he scored no points with many of us at the 1999 Nationals.

Dean had a brilliant idea of reviving Vanfest in 2000 that would have 1000-2000 vans in attendance, making it the largest van event in a number of years. First mistake was not getting local vanners in on this at all. Second and biggest mistake was putting it on the same weekend as a long established event 50 miles away and not backing down from that date. His third mistake was telling anyone who would listen, that vanners didn't have a clue on how to run a van event (remember this is 1999,by then vanners had been on their own for many years keeping this going just fine). Well needless to say vanners did not support the event and it never got off the ground.

As Doc mentioned, we need to keep track of this history. Let's not let it get distorted, as it tends to get when it's not properly documented.

If anyone has a flyer for Vanfest 2000 please post it.

AdSense long
vanmachineman #550767 March 23rd 2012 11:52 am
Bad Girls from New York, Bad Western Inn in IN.
I remember we figured he got to that number by counting just the flyers he had made up for it!

I can look upstairs for one Doug, but I really don't think I even picked up more than one just for the info on it.

Cherish your friends!
HUGGS to all!
Suzie
Virtual #550768 March 23rd 2012 12:03 pm
Supreme Master
Supreme Master
Originally Posted by Virtual
No doubt the late Dean Moore did some good for vanning, but he scored no points with many of us at the 1999 Nationals.

Dean had a brilliant idea of reviving Vanfest in 2000 that would have 1000-2000 vans in attendance, making it the largest van event in a number of years. First mistake was not getting local vanners in on this at all. Second and biggest mistake was putting it on the same weekend as a long established event 50 miles away and not backing down from that date. His third mistake was telling anyone who would listen, that vanners didn't have a clue on how to run a van event (remember this is 1999,by then vanners had been on their own for many years keeping this going just fine). Well needless to say vanners did not support the event and it never got off the ground.

As Doc mentioned, we need to keep track of this history. Let's not let it get distorted, as it tends to get when it's not properly documented.

If anyone has a flyer for Vanfest 2000 please post it.

I'll look,I think I still have that flyer

Everyday above ground is a Good Day!!!
Never Stop Vannin'

Member of Break Away Vanners
Host of Spring Break
At Shenandoah Acres Family Campground

Owner & Creator of Wizard's Van-In Videos
Member of Riding High Truckers from 1982 to 1996
2nd Member of The Toopa Sinner Tribe
Member of Free Bird Vanners 1996 to Present
Member of Cape Atlantic Truckers South Jersey
Host Club of Freeze Out
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Shenandoah Valley Vans
vanmachineman #550937 March 23rd 2012 10:53 pm
W
carpal tunnel
carpal tunnel
W
Suzie,I called it like I remembered it.....

......Wookee

Its a "Van Thing"
A life style you have to LIVE to understand!

[Linked Image]

Vintage Chevy Van Club
vanmachineman #550959 March 24th 2012 12:04 am
D
old hand
old hand
D
Promote it so the media will understand it!! "Promoter it"

Mild to Wild Vanz,Prez. Houston TX.
vanmachineman #551001 March 24th 2012 8:47 am
V
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
V
I'm Cool Vanners. The Stress has Settled. This had to be Address. We are all promoter's in our own way. I use vanning.com & showvans to help me promote us also. The sites are very good tools. Doug Gives me packages to send to these folks I talk with. So we work together here. Vanners are sometimes there worst enemy. I Personally HATE CONFLICT: Peace Love Vanning: I guess I was kinda young and I guess I'm still young after Reading a few posts Here LOL. Now Back To Eat Drink sleep Vanning. Keep on Truckin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Van-Promoter
&
Representative

Trust,Respect,Honor,Pride & Tradition

Ultimate Truckers &
Vice President Of Keep It Tight Vanners

vanmachineman #551004 March 24th 2012 8:54 am
Supreme Master
Supreme Master
Amen Todd bow TIETIS

Everyday above ground is a Good Day!!!
Never Stop Vannin'

Member of Break Away Vanners
Host of Spring Break
At Shenandoah Acres Family Campground

Owner & Creator of Wizard's Van-In Videos
Member of Riding High Truckers from 1982 to 1996
2nd Member of The Toopa Sinner Tribe
Member of Free Bird Vanners 1996 to Present
Member of Cape Atlantic Truckers South Jersey
Host Club of Freeze Out
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Shenandoah Valley Vans
vanmachineman #551008 March 24th 2012 9:09 am
There ya go Todd! Keep on Trucking!
And look at all the learning that one question of yours has given us!

I have to give out a 'my bad' here too--, I truly thought that was Hound from all those years ago--I mean just look at those pinchable cheeks, that soft brown wavy hair, the boots and those round puppy dog eyes--that just says Hound to me! hee hee Sorry! But do ya think that outfit is still around somewhere?!?!

And we are all good, Wookie, even with your memory! hee hee
Huggs!

Last edited by Suzie-BGfNY-IN; March 24th 2012 9:10 am. Reason: PUNCHuation!

Cherish your friends!
HUGGS to all!
Suzie
vanmachineman #551039 March 24th 2012 11:22 am
C
C
WOW....see THIS is what i love about the vanning history lessons....I NEVER heard of or knew about these people or they things they've done for ( to ) vanning. MySELF....I just want to see MORE discussion in the automotive world about the vehicle's I LOVE, more attention. THAT's the ONLY reason i'm doing this stuff with Motorama and Carlisle. THEY are expressing MORE interest in vans and WE NEED to take advantage of that TIMING! My train of thought is the MORE we put ourselves OUT THERE, the more we will bring IN. EVERY VANNER i know has countless stories of brotherhood, family ,compassion and general EXCITMENT for our group.
We have a better infrastructure than any other group of auto enthusiasts and are spread out all over the place ( and THAT gives us many perks)When you have folks like Dave at vanning.com, Doug from showvans, Matchstick, Wookee, Superbeast, Todd , myself,all on the same page and all going in the same direction, GREAT things can (will) happen. With the stuff just in PennsylVANia alone this year ( Motorama , Carlisle) we ( vanners) will have an audiance ( that we did NOT have LAST year) of 130000 people THIS year ( 50 thousand at Motorama and another projected 8 thousand for Carlisle). Now that may not increase #'s at eVANTs this year, IT WILL in future years as the newbies (people in our same age group who will remember the fun they had when they were younger in their vans) will START building THEIR OWN time machine to take them back to their youth, and THEN they want to SHOW THEM OFF!!! AT VANNER EVENTS ( its really a natural evolution if you think about it). This group of people that regularly attend these HUGE car shows ALREADY spend money with/on their rides and have done many hotrod projects thru the years, will start doing their "version" of VANS and have to show them off. This moving forward (EVOLUTION) will be good for EVERY VANNER! and EVERY van club / event throught the country EVENTUALLY ( as long as we don't screw it up for ourselves)
I sincerely HOPE that folks don't think how I'm trying to get these events organized is like these "bad" things i read in this thread. I love vans, have been in this "industry" since 1977 and its ALL i DO! THANK GOD I love it ,as I do it every wakeing moment. It's how i feed the cat, its waht i do for fun, and its what i do for a living.EVERYTHING I own came from God, BUT was delivered in a VAN.
Anyone who's worked on planning an event or organizing one KNOWS , it a LOT of work to pull off, but with help from fellow vanners, it becomes FUN.These eVANts are ( and MUST)be treated LIKE a business...YOU MUST make some money to cover expences and have some left over for the NEXT thing ( or there will stop being "next things")
There is no GUARANTEE that, by putting ourselves out there and participating in these car shows, will help to make vans more popular, BUT it IS GUARANTEED , if we do NOTHING,......NOTHING will happen!..
............STILL HAVE ROOM FOR MORE VANS AT CARLISLE....ending my pre-regs April 1st.....................

CustomVan.Com..............Tomorrows Earlies.....TODAY

It don't have to be old , to be Old School...............CustomVan.Com
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Astro, nautic1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
1 members (black79gmc), 18 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TheDrunkenGunsmith, Jac, LOVclassics, ZenMuffin, Milkman530
12724 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
SDMickey 130
frscke1 28
CatFish 25
Wedgy 21
Forum Statistics
Forums68
Topics35,747