Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19
Re: Harrisburg, PA Motorama 2012
Superbeast #485708 August 03rd 2011 4:46 pm
C
OP Offline
C
ken, Thanks for moving me where i should be. I see the calander shows one day ( i couldn't figure out how to show it for the 2 days it actually is) can you let me know how or just fix it? Vans will have to be staged and in the building BY Friday (before event)they let you stick around till 11:00 i think in the evening. All vehicles must be OUT by 8:00pm on Sunday. BTW ...EACH participant gets 2 admissions with parking ( its ALMOST cheaper to participate than just come and look)

CustomVan.Com..............Tomorrows Earlies.....TODAY

It don't have to be old , to be Old School...............CustomVan.Com
AdSense long
CustomVan #485717 August 03rd 2011 5:28 pm
old hand
old hand
Kurk,

Thanks for the info, we will get a hold of Danny and ask him our questions. It is a bit early to plan this stuff but it will be better to get it out of the way and on the schedule. I will discuss with the wife and she what she thinks if we can take the extra time off and can afford the stress to do the winter drive over there.

Phil, Most of the indoor shows will do spaces sized as 10 x 20 with some 20 x 20's for displays like ours. You will want to have something to keep the general public out of your van, most cars use stanchions and rope or chain, but kids love to hang on that and tip them over, which means a good chance they will hit the van. Best and cheapest ones are the ones that go under the tires and come out at an angle for a rope to go around the vehicle. You can build a display like ours which really shows off the van and we still allow people to look inside. We built ours the first winter we did the indoor shows and won enough display awards with ISCA to recoop our costs we put into it. From their photo gallery, I did not see alot of displays, mainly the big 20 x 20's, the rest just had the vehicles parked where people could walk riight up to them.

Star Dreamer
78 Full Custom Chevy
Ramblin Vans - HVC
Honorary Mild to Wild Van Member - Houston, TX.
She's not a trailer queen, she is just on vacation!
She even pulls trailers!

[Linked Image]2017 Van Nationals Show and Shine by buckeyebackup08, on Flickr
CustomVan #485729 August 03rd 2011 6:04 pm
C
OP Offline
C
Stardreamer, Danny is a good guy and very helpful. GOOD mention about displays( YOURS IS KILLER by the way). Kids and people like to take photo ops on the blind side and lean against and knock over rope holders against car.You definately need to consider that when doing indoor shows ( or anything OTHR than our van events) i talked with danny today and it is a 10x20 or 20x20 space. We used 2 20x20 spaces last year and had plenty room. i spoke to him about a "vanland " circle or coral with 1 in/out and he said fine, i just needed to present him with a DEFINATE # we'd be bringing as soon as available ( plenty of time to go).I'd like to have a participating head count by December 1st so i can ready MY building if necessary. The electric he told us was out of his control, BUT we bought 1 electric and shared amoung us.

CustomVan #514732 November 24th 2011 12:04 pm
enthusiast
enthusiast
CustomVan,

I'm local to Harrisburg, if i can help let me know. No Van right now, sold everything over the past year and a half while unemployed, but looking for a shorty 68-74 Ford panel for next season. I know a Perf Ford shop that sets up all the time at Motorama, and he likes Vans. He has a 65 Econo Spring Special P/U...I sold it to him :-)

Mooney

Mooney
Palm Harbor, Florida
Tampa Bay Boogie Vans
1978 Ford Econoline Club Wagon

CustomVan #519245 December 08th 2011 10:51 pm
C
OP Offline
C
PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY THRU!!!!!OK Vanners....its SHOWTIME!!! need to get a final list and money togeather for the February Motoram Event. Gotta have FIRM COMMITMENTS BY NEXT WEEKEND and money appropriated! i spoke with the promoter last nite and he said space is filling up BUT, he said he would give us a "block of space" as much as we need! ( at a
cost of course). So its time for money. He se...ems to think that if we get
10 vans we can have use of 3 electrics for everyone to share. So....I'd
(again) like to have space between vans for folks to peruse thru and see
interiors by turning their heads right and left. I'm thinking as a group if
we get 5-20x20's and 5-20x10's....3 electrics and split it all between 10
vanners that it would come out to around $77.50 each ( not bad ) . Each
participant gets 1 parking pass per day and 2 admissions per day (
themselves and a guest )...if you do the math per person weekend admission
$37.00 ea. x 2 people ,( because you get 2 weekend passes as an exhibitor)=
$74.00 + $10.00 a day in parking = $20.00...Total for 2 people for both days
would be $94.00 ! Its actually cheaper to participate then to come and look
around. If 2 people came for 1 day of the show it would cost $60.00 for 2- day
passes and 1 parking pass! ( hell of a deal ). 10 vans would
roughly have a 100' x 30' spot (or 65' x 65' space) . I
must get CONFIRMED vanners by NEXT weekend ( period ) swish said space is
filling up fast. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH also he said if I get 8-10
vans he'll have a prize or two for vanners!....AT A CAR SHOW!!!
Weather is a factor I understand BUT....WE MUST PAY NOW....if for some reason ( weather related or whatever ) you don't have to come ...but you WILL NOT GET A REFUND. If you think of it that way and you decide at the last minute NOT to bring your van because of the weather you could still come and use your parking pass and exibitor admission and come see the show and all the other stuff happening there ( and there a LOT MORE going on than just the car show (check their website www.motoramaevents.com for details). I will submit van pictures and collect the money from everyone and get it to the promoter ( so we can all go as a group). If anyone dosen't trust me with that, you can certainly do it yourself online, just be sure to mention you want to be in the vanner group...MUST BE ALL DONE NO LATER THAN NEXT SATURDAY ( and i gotta know so i can get to work "laying out" our space. VANNERS PLEASE GET BEHIND THIS AND HELP VANNING!!!!! Anyone can call me direct if you have questions ( my cell is 410-960-9521...anytime!!). I'm sending everyone I've already spoke to that SIAD they were interested, but ALL VANNERS ARE WELCOME!!!!! THE MORE THE MERRIER!!!See More
Motorama Events- Car Shows, Racing, Go Karts and Robots, Arena Cross, Tuners and more..
www.motoramaevents.com
every February in Harrisburg, PA, Motorama attracts over 50,000 spectators and hundreds of competitors. Family run for over 30 years, we know how to put on a show!..

nautic1 #521616 December 17th 2011 11:05 pm
C
OP Offline
C
Phil, hey if you're interested i bought 10 spots and have only sold 9 so still one left. Its 75.00 maybe a ,little more when we get there for electric ( if they bust our chops)...you're close and ALSO even if you don't put the van in each participant recieves 2 pass per day and parking pass ( tickets for each day are 25.00 per person and 8.00 for parking at satelite and 10.00 at the complex so you actually have 4 adnissions and 2 parking passes thats cheaper than paying at the gate and probably faster too ( just in case you were going to come to the event and not show)

mooney #521618 December 17th 2011 11:07 pm
C
OP Offline
C
Mooney, Hey i have 1 spot left for 75.00 will have 10 vans then...your buddy interested.....gotta know this week call me 800-495-8267 or my cell 410-960-9521

CustomVan #522376 December 20th 2011 5:32 pm

Showoff of the week on Cardomain 11/26/07

Showoff of the week on Cardomain 11/26/07
Originally Posted by CustomVan
Phil, hey if you're interested i bought 10 spots and have only sold 9 so still one left. Its 75.00 maybe a ,little more when we get there for electric ( if they bust our chops)...you're close and ALSO even if you don't put the van in each participant recieves 2 pass per day and parking pass ( tickets for each day are 25.00 per person and 8.00 for parking at satelite and 10.00 at the complex so you actually have 4 adnissions and 2 parking passes thats cheaper than paying at the gate and probably faster too ( just in case you were going to come to the event and not show)

I will keep this in mind Kirk. Thanks. Do not know what the next month or so will bring but who knows. Who all do you have coming right now?

Phil
'78 Dodge Van Nautique
Susquehanna Valley Vans, Inc.
Host of Spring Thaw
PennsylVANia Van Council, Inc.
Host of The Thaw
Host of Summerset
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Nats Board Support Staff.
Toopa Sinner Tribe
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2224899
Nautique

http://forums.coolridesonline.net/member.php?4172-nautic1

"Remember,If you ain't laughin',you ain't livin'"

[Linked Image]
CustomVan #522544 December 21st 2011 10:10 am
C
OP Offline
C
Vanners,
> FYI....I’ll be sending everybody this e-mail as well and update stuff as I get it. Officially our total spot size is 60 x 70 block. I think we are going to be in the area of concession stands and restrooms so a LOT of traffic. I’m working on a layout that will both protect and display from some of the pitfalls of being right by concessions and restrooms ( as far as people traffic and baby strollers stuff like that). I’ll be talking more with promoter this week and see exactly how our space is oriented. Meanwhile the space has plenty of walk around room for doors to be open and all that. I’d like to have as many club event flyers and stuff as we can get there to have on a big table ( I have tables). I’ve got the vanning.com banner coming from Dave. Rickie Graves has made us a special video for this event that we’ll have playing a continuous loop during the show. I LOVE the tent / campfire idea in the layout and we are going to have to position vans efficiently to get that into a good spot. ALSO .....we have to be DISCREET with our electrical consumption as I paid for 3 power supplies ( 75 bux each) and while we can purchase as many as we want to ...it just costs US more if we do. Last year we had 1 ( for only 2 vans tho) but they were very lenient about it but they COULD charge 75 a hit if they wanted to ( get the drift) I don’t think they’ll bust our balls...but its up to them.
> We have 5- 10’ X 20’ spaces @ $45 ea. and 5- 20’ x 20’ spaces @ $65 ea. and 3 electrics ( at 75 ea.) for a total of $775 devided by 10 people = $77.50 each person. Everybody paid 75.00 each already... any difference we can catch up with at the event. AS OF NOW , we ( I ) bought 10 spots and only 9 are actually occupied ( meaning I’m paying for the unused one for now...hopefully someone else will antee up).If we don’t get another one then there SHOULD be a pretty big area for tent/ firepit thing and any other props we can round up...lets make is SUPER COOL!!!!...So while I SURE would like to sell that last spot....the campsite thing is really cool so either way we’ll be fine (I think......your thoughts?). Even with 10 vans we’ll have PLENTY room.
> Of the 9 current vans: 1 chevy SHORT wheel base ( jim keely) and 1 LONG wheel base van ( NORM....Ben 72 Ford camper). Most regular vans are around 17’ long and 7’ wide (ish) so the 10’ x 20’ spots per van leaves a 2’ walk around ( not much , but remember we have actually 15 of those 10 x 20 spots and only 10 actual vans (9) to fill those spots). So the long and short van might need to be close to each other to compensate for each others space needs. Also , 2 of the vans ( Ivan’s & The Explorer van have cargo doors on both sides ( so people could see all the way thru them with all doors open( might be handy for display mode)). 1, 4x4 van ( snotty). Only 2 vans have any special paint on them ( that could draw attention from far away more so than one without fancy paint anyway) ( Plum Loco and Storm Cloud). Probably a good idea ( if we want to draw attention) to orient those 2 vans for the best view from far away.We might need to think about how to keep people from touching those paint jobs from strollers and leaners and rambunxious kids, while still allowing for a great PHOTO –OP of the paint job. ( NEED IDEAS AND MATERIALS FOR THIS ONE) All the other vans can be situated anyway that works for us as we can do anything we want to within our space parameters.
>
> Everyone will be getting a package in the mail from me with “stuff” in it for the show. READ WHAT’S IN THERE....INDOOR SHOW RULES Batteries Dis-connected and taped up, gas caps taped closed, etc... BRING DUCT TAPE !!!! carpet runners or something to DISGUISE electrical cords. BRING YOUR CAMERAS AND VIDEO RECORDERS TO THIS ONE....( I want copies of all the pictures please)
>
> Just plantin seeds.....ALL INPUT is welcome...THIS stuff is what makes it “fun” for me.....Call me any time anybody my cell 410-960-9521 text and pics available
>
>
> I’M JUS SAYIN’ Kurk

Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19

Moderated by  Astro, nautic1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now