Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19
Harrisburg, PA Motorama 2012
#485572 August 03rd 2011 9:52 am
C
OP Offline
C
Harrisburg, PA Motorama 2012 Event. I received my Motoram Info packets today and am trying to get 20 Vans for the event. I've been working with the promoter himself and he's really excited about more vans. Last year Myself and Plum loco attended the 3 day event and they gave us spots right in the entry of the building. If anyone's ever been to car shows with your van ( as MANY have and do) you KNOW that people REALLY enjoy the vans and we (vanners) tend to stand out from the sea of camaros, mustangs, f-150 and silverados and hot rods. This is the kind of promotion that will further the interest in our "sport".
This event actually PAYS money to its winners ( $15000.00 in cash and awards)> Last year Plum Loco won best interior (at a car show)...pretty cool.While she did not get cash, she got a super nice plaque out of the deal.If we can get 15-20 tricked out vans in one spot ( promoter tells me he will make it happen if i get the vans there)THINK of the impact we can make!
The show is in February ( 18th and 19th but vans should be there at least the day before) so we have february weather issues that MAY occur, but I'm offering my shop as a stageing area if needed ( about 50 miles away from event).I'll help people with accomadations in the area ( as much as possible ) and we can surely find a way for vanners to have other stuff to do after the show times ( but the show goes pretty much all day, which at the end of you're whooped). The easiest thing would be for local vannrs to participate ( Performance, Moonlite,Three rivers vans), but ALL are encouraged welcome as THE MORE THE MERRIER! http://www.motoramaevents.com/
Folks this is a big oppurtunity for vanners, and we should take advantage of it! Vans are getting more mag press these days and the TIME IS RIGHT! Cost is less than 50 bux ( as i remember) and you can even get electric so you can have ALL your bells and whistles going on. I'll have info available at my remaining van events this year ( Super somer, Butler, and Keystone as well as Carlisle All truck and carlisle Fall)and anyone interested in helping the cause, please call me at 800-495-VANS or e-mail me at kurk@customvan.com.
By the way , at the event, theres all kinds of other motor sports things happening as well ( indoor motocross, go cart racing, R/C racing , Robot wars (AWESOME)and others...LOTS of food and toys vendors)I put an event link in this post, so check it out.

Last edited by Superbeast; August 03rd 2011 11:41 am.

CustomVan.Com..............Tomorrows Earlies.....TODAY

It don't have to be old , to be Old School...............CustomVan.Com
AdSense long
Re: Harrisburg, PA Motorama 2012
CustomVan #485578 August 03rd 2011 10:29 am

Vanthropologist

Vanthropologist
This is a great idea Kurk, I'll do what I can to help and encourage getting sponsorship for as many vans as I can for the indoor shows in 2011/2012. Kurk and Lorraine were among the few vanners who showed in 2012 but we met some van owners at the CofC in California, Coby with Vango and Ron with Octopus's Garden who make huge impacts at the 2011 GNRS and more recently John Jackson at the Nats from Texas who has had his van in shows all over the country including the 2011 Autorama in Detroit. Let's keep the momentum going !

Virtual #485586 August 03rd 2011 10:53 am
C
OP Offline
C
thanks Doug, I think this is a GREAT oppurtunity for vanners

CustomVan #485603 August 03rd 2011 11:42 am
Madman!
Madman!
Wish my van was finished frown

Ken Schwarz
Tricky Truckers, N.J.
Van Clan Plus One, Canada
Manse Vans, Finland
Rebel Vanners, N.J. "USA"
Toopa Sinner Tribe, N.C.

www.showvans.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/360991

[Linked Image]

"Coolness ALWAYS trumps comfort"
CustomVan #485637 August 03rd 2011 12:22 pm
old hand
old hand
Hmmm. wish it was one week earlier, we could stop by on our way back from C of C. We will have to see how far out of our way from the route back to MN it is. Indianapolis and Birmingham ISCA shows are the weekend before, maybe we can stop and do either of them on our way back North.

Customvan, Couple of questions:
Is this an ISCA show, it does not show up on ISCA's list for this weekend? (Milwaukee, Calgary & Dallas are this weekend)

Do you know if they pay travel money for people over "x" number of miles similar to what ISCA does?

Can you find out if they can handle a 44' enclosed trailer in their trailer parking area?

Can you find out if they allow us to stay in our trailers in their trailer parking area? We have living quarters in our trailer and we usually sleep there at night instead of getting a hotel room.

They show on their website that electric costs $75, do you know if they would provide that for free for our displays? See below for what our van and display looks like. (With ISCA, if you are doing the traveling circuit, the show usually picks up that cost.)

Star Dreamer
78 Full Custom Chevy
Ramblin Vans - HVC
Honorary Mild to Wild Van Member - Houston, TX.
She's not a trailer queen, she is just on vacation!
She even pulls trailers!

[Linked Image]2017 Van Nationals Show and Shine by buckeyebackup08, on Flickr
CustomVan #485661 August 03rd 2011 12:44 pm
old hand
old hand
Forgot the pictures:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Star Dreamer
78 Full Custom Chevy
Ramblin Vans - HVC
Honorary Mild to Wild Van Member - Houston, TX.
She's not a trailer queen, she is just on vacation!
She even pulls trailers!

[Linked Image]2017 Van Nationals Show and Shine by buckeyebackup08, on Flickr
Star Dreamer #485686 August 03rd 2011 2:44 pm
C
OP Offline
C
StarDreamer, Great looking van brother. Your show setup is similar to a lot of them at last years showing.Last year was my first at such a show and it turned out VERY GOOD. The guy in charge has an e-mail link on the website ( Danny Swischer ....ver helpful dude) and always replied right back to any questions I had last year. There were several trailers in parking lot and motor homes as well so i'm sure the trailer thing is OK...but Ask Danny. Just mention me ( Kurk from CustomVan.com ) as he will keep us all togeather at the show and do what he can do help us all co-ordinate stuff. I'd just like to keep a head count for the vans so i can do some promotional stuff. I was thinking like a big van corral with an entry point to "Van-land" or something. Still have plenty of time to iron out the details, b ut want to get it rollin

CustomVan #485692 August 03rd 2011 3:33 pm

Showoff of the week on Cardomain 11/26/07

Showoff of the week on Cardomain 11/26/07
This may be something of interest. Harrisburg is just down the road from us. About 50 miles South. Have not done an indoor show in over 20 years. Last one was at Harrisburg in the Farm Show Building. Will need to work on the display factor. Wonder if the display we usually use for the Nats would be acceptable. What space size is normal for vans at these shows? The 10x20 or the 20x20? Just wondering about these things.

Phil
'78 Dodge Van Nautique
Susquehanna Valley Vans, Inc.
Host of Spring Thaw
PennsylVANia Van Council, Inc.
Host of The Thaw
Host of Summerset
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Nats Board Support Staff.
Toopa Sinner Tribe
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2224899
Nautique

http://forums.coolridesonline.net/member.php?4172-nautic1

"Remember,If you ain't laughin',you ain't livin'"

[Linked Image]
nautic1 #485696 August 03rd 2011 4:06 pm
C
OP Offline
C
Phil,
Glad you're interested. Last year Loco and i had PLENTY of room. We could have parkd another van between us. We set up with our cargo doors faceing each other and then set up "camp" between. Folks came into "vanland" and could see in both vans from center. Had lawn chairs and tables set between us to pass out event flyers and such. the standard NATS setup will work fine ( thats about what we did ). i'd like to see a huge circle or square with only 1 way in and 1 way out and all cargo doors faceing the center and then have something going on in the middle and rope off the outside perameters to negate possible leaning on the "outside" of the vans where we can't see.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19

Moderated by  Astro, nautic1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members