Print Thread
Rate Thread
Vannin.com auction
#4839 April 23rd 2003 11:51 am
Virtual Offline OP

Vanthropologist
OP Offline

Vanthropologist
There will be an auction on the Saturday night at the Lost Memorial Day Weekend van-in in Greenwich N.Y , proceeds going towards vanning.com

If your like me, you have a bunch of vanning treasures that you rarely take out of their boxes, these same items are sought after by many and some of our newer vanners are paying up to $10 to get one van magazine or diecast van via the online auctions by the time the shipping charges are included.

This idea is pretty new, Astro and Knighty have both given it the thumbs up. If you have any ideas, items that you would like to include in the auction or would like to help me out with it at the run please send an email to: auction@vanning.com

Vanners with items for the auction will be given the option of giving 25-50-75% or all of the proceeds to vanning.com. You do not have to donate all the proceeds.
We can also set reserves on higher priced items.

The website is setup and will be updated with more details and we will post pictures of some of the items up for grabs. Check out https://www.vanning.com/auction

The auction will be setup for the attendees of LMDW, however we may be open to a limited number of extraordinary items being auctioned online for all vanners to benefit. You would absolutely need Paypal for any online bidding. We want to keep it as simple as possible to process.

To get you in the mood, items I will be bringing will include a box or two of 70's-80's Truckins', Vans & Trucks, 1001 Van & Truck Ideas, van books, patches, unassembled van models, van toys and who knows what else I have in those boxes [Linked Image]

The idea is now on the table, let the fun begin !

Here is just a peak at some of the "stuff" I'll be bringing, over 50 Vanning magazines, all these books and the patches.
[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Virtual (edited May 05, 2003).]

AdSense long
Re: Vannin.com auction
#4840 April 23rd 2003 5:12 pm
C
old hand
old hand
C
[Linked Image] GOOD idea. I like it. will fine somethings to donate.

#4841 May 05th 2003 3:23 pm
Virtual Offline OP

Vanthropologist
OP Offline

Vanthropologist
I have added some of the items that I myself will auction to get a bit more interest in this. We need more items, remember you do not have to donate all the proceeds of your auctioned goods and we can set a reserve price. Check out the 50+ magazines, books, posters that I will be auctioning off. I will add the van models and some diecast vans to the list soon.

Here are some of the actual magazines:
[Linked Image]

More pictures and list of items here: https://www.vanning.com/auction

#4842 May 11th 2003 11:13 pm
I just pulled out the old cassette deck. It still works great, not perfect but great. The sound is good but all the control lights do not work. It is a good brand name. I plan on getting a digital camera this week (maybe?) and may be able to get a photo online. In any case I will bring it any probably a few other goodies to LMDW.
Kansas Kidd

Moderated by  Astro, nautic1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
1 members (Wedgy), 20 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TheDrunkenGunsmith, Jac, LOVclassics, ZenMuffin, Milkman530
12724 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
SDMickey 130
CatFish 28
frscke1 28
Wedgy 21
Forum Statistics
Forums68
Topics35,747