1993 Chevy G20 wheel width options
by SDMickey - April 17th 2024 10:54 pm
Featured Links

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Re: ADVISE on what items I can change to improve my van...
James_Black #420235 October 28th 2010 5:47 pm
Maniac
Maniac
Yup, that's it! Get the hose, the plastic tube, that little piece in the middle that attaches to the other hose for the heated air intake, the sheetmetal shield that goes around the passenger exhaust manifold (also for the heated air intake), and the air cleaner. All that should bolt right up to your van and help with MPG and performance a bit, and it should help keep the carb a little bit cooler.

If those rear door opening windows are still there and cheap, that is exactly what I am looking for. I am converting my fixed windows to opening windows, so I need the hinge, glass, weatherstripping, and latch. I have the barn doors on the side, not a slider, so the slider window won't work for me, but I am definitely interested in the rear opening windows. Are they tinted? Do they have the chrome trim around the edge of the glass?

I don't know what that big coffee can thing is. My first guess would be a vacuum reservoir of some kind, but the hoses that hook to it look like they would collapse under any vacuum. What else does it hook to?

Windows- they're what make a van worth owning!
Reed #420278 October 28th 2010 8:12 pm
OP Offline
cool Cool. Once they lift the ban they have against me at the Junkyard I will find out if
they still have it. If they dont I will have to wait until I go to Spokane on Thanksgiving.

- I only noticed the coffee can looking thing cuz I was right in the middle. Never
seen such item. I believed it was hooked to the a/c compressor but dont take
my word for it.

- Sorry about the slider, I misunderstood lol.

- Back ones are tinted. I believe they have the chrome still.
This van has been my donor van since the beggining.

[Linked Image from i818.photobucket.com][Linked Image from i818.photobucket.com][Linked Image from i818.photobucket.com][Linked Image from i818.photobucket.com][Linked Image from i818.photobucket.com]
James_Black #420288 October 28th 2010 8:53 pm
addict
addict
Originally Posted by James_Black
cool Cool. Once they lift the ban they have against me at the Junkyard

You were banned from a junkyard?!?!?!?!?

Colin
aka "Fatvanman"
1975 Chevy G20 Shorty "Lunchbox"

"The great ones never die, they just get older, fatter and drive better vans!"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3913766/1975-chevrolet-van
fatvanman #420291 October 28th 2010 9:18 pm
OP Offline
Originally Posted by fatvanman
Originally Posted by James_Black
cool Cool. Once they lift the ban they have against me at the Junkyard

You were banned from a junkyard?!?!?!?!?

Yeap.
Went to the junkyard this morning looking for some of the items that Reed recommended. Im walking the yard, I found everything I want it + more. So Im heading back to take some measurements of my van and talk to the counter guys. On my way this dog they have came running towards me, barking and growling. Scared the crap out of me. Dog keeps coming after me so Im backing up to avoid the damn dog. He keeps moving foward and pinned me against a wall. While doing this Im yelling to some of the employees to come and get the freaking dog. They call the dog but he still after me, so, I went for my handgun. Never drew the gun just place my hand by it. Im here scared to get bitten and yelling at this guys to get the dog. They called the dog and they managed to move him out of my way. So when I thought I was free, dog came running like hell, almost bitting my left leg. So I place my hand on my hangun, never drawing and told the guys "I dont have all day for this crap".

I brushed it off.
So I go inside, talk to the clerks, borrowed a tape measure and went to do my thing. When I was ready to go back to the yard., an old guy comes out running and told me he doesnt want me to back there. I asked me him wHY? He said cuz I was packing, and I told him SO? He said he didnt want me packing here. I told him I have permit and I have the right to carry whenever I want to. He told me I dont care this is private property. I told him about the dog and he said end of story. He doesnt have anything posted that says that you cant carry a gun neither he cant ask people if they are.

Im gonna look for legal advise on this.

Last edited by James_Black; October 28th 2010 9:25 pm.

[Linked Image from i818.photobucket.com][Linked Image from i818.photobucket.com][Linked Image from i818.photobucket.com][Linked Image from i818.photobucket.com][Linked Image from i818.photobucket.com]
James_Black #420581 October 29th 2010 11:03 pm
OP Offline
So...
Today I called the manager of the junkyard that I was doing buisness with.
I wanted to know what was my status at this place since yesterdays
events.

Im officially banned. Here I am, a weekly customer of this place, ready to spend
my money like I have for the last couple of months, been banned from the premises.
The only reason why is because I have the means to take care of myself against a
violent dog that decided, for whatever reason, attack me that day.

I really like the place, excellent customer service, they helped me
in everything I need it and they trusted me when I walked the yard.
I really hate not been able to go back. It is hard to find a place with good customer
service and stock availability and cheap prices.

James_Black #420598 October 30th 2010 1:41 am
Maniac
Maniac
Bummer. Hang in there, you'll find another place.

Reed #420651 October 30th 2010 1:35 pm
pooh-bah
pooh-bah
Hmmmmm.....a dress, high heels, wig.....errrr.....nah, forget it! Just haveta find another JY. Maybe have 'em chain up the JY dog while ewer there..... rolleyes

[Linked Image]

LostSheep #420751 October 31st 2010 1:13 am
OP Offline
Guys
I saw this. Worth it?
It helps keep the radiator and engine cooler.
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152828

James_Black #420761 October 31st 2010 1:39 am
Maniac
Maniac
I've never needed one. Your stock fan is fine. If you want less drag, upgrade to a factory clutch fan. Properly upgrading a vehicle that didn't have a factory electric fan to an electric fan really isn't worth the hassle unless you are racing or bored. To do it right, you need to make sure your alternator puts out enough amps to power it, you have to wire in a temp sensor and a relay, and you have to mount it. If you are building something totally custom, go for it. But for a daily driver? I say get a factory clutch fan and call it good.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Astro, Uncle_Fester 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 15 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
drivestylish, MGCBBQ, rick74, Keithl, G10brett
12736 Registered Users