Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Wacko has passed away
Superbeast #384088 May 10th 2010 10:40 am
veteran
veteran
Very Sad news indeed!!!! He will be missed, our condolences go out to Sue, Paul Jr. and all of his many many friends and Vannin Family!! RIP Paul! frown

Smitty
1976 Ford, 1976 Ford#2, 1978 Ford, 1988 Ford
2000 Dodge,1995 Harley RoadKing, 1999 GMC Hightop Cobra

Co Chairman Southern Ohio Van Council
Tri County Vans SOVC Rep
Member Tri County Vans 1975 to Present.
Former President Tri County Vans (No officers anymore)
Former Vice President Tri County Vans
Host of the 23rd Nationals 1995, 30th Nationals 2002, and 1999 C of C
Certified Nats Judge

AdSense long
Superbeast #384092 May 10th 2010 11:00 am
36th National Truckin Chairman
36th National Truckin Chairman
I don't get on here too much and literally have been trying to assemble my feelings, thoughts and treasures of the times Paul and I spent together.

Howard couldn't have said it better. Paul was a vanner, a friend, a brother, a very loving husband and father. He could kick you n the butt and hug you a seond later. I know. I still have the bruises and the feeling of his arms holding me. Paul was a guy that never held back his feelings about anything. Knowing how vanners are Paul wasn't received well at times as he " told it how it was" but he was respected completely because of it. Paul was an invaluable member of the National Truckin Board.
At the Council of Councils in Niagra Falls New York in 2007, there was a long discussion about the host club being able to charge a minimal fee of $10.00 entry for the event to help suppress expenses. Paul, with his, I have heard enough complaining from tight wads attitude, stood up, was recognized and openly stated, " Some of you vanners are so tight, you can put a lump of coal up your ass and in 1 week crap out a diamond!" Although it received laughter and applause, he meant every word. He and I talked, laughed and comented on that ever since.
At the of C this year, Paul handed me one of his club pins and had a few personal words and I was extremely moved. When I saw Paul this year at the C of C, I told Donny Noone I was numb as he had that look like my mom and my ex-wife did shortly before they went to the Lord.
At the end of the 36th Nationals in Altamont, I had the honor of bringing Paul home with me as his flight left out of St. Louis that Monday. As exhausted as we were, we enjoyed the evening with conversation and cold beer.
I will never state that I would want more time with Paul, but I will always treasure the rare times I had with or around Paul.
Sue and little Paul are in my prayers daily. He touched our lives and tried to help bring order out of chaos many times. He literally lived for his family and vanning.
This is not goodbye, my friend, but I will see you again one day. YOu will always be in my memories.

Honor God. Help people. Van the Earth.
36th Van Nationals Chairman Altamont, Illinois 2008
Council of Councils Chairman St. Louis, Missouri 2003
Board member of the Mid America Street Van Association (MASVA)
Glorydays #384114 May 10th 2010 12:38 pm
Supreme Master
Supreme Master
Very sad news,Paul was a GREAT GUY
My prayers are with his family

Everyday above ground is a Good Day!!!
Never Stop Vannin'

Member of Break Away Vanners
Host of Spring Break
At Shenandoah Acres Family Campground

Owner & Creator of Wizard's Van-In Videos
Member of Riding High Truckers from 1982 to 1996
2nd Member of The Toopa Sinner Tribe
Member of Free Bird Vanners 1996 to Present
Member of Cape Atlantic Truckers South Jersey
Host Club of Freeze Out
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Shenandoah Valley Vans
Wizard78 #384138 May 10th 2010 1:40 pm
old hand
old hand
I was lucky to have met Paul last summer and talk with him at a couple different campouts.I instantly liked 'Wacko' and find his passing hard to express in words.I listened to Ma and Sue talk about some of what Paul and his family were going through and I claimed it was the campfire smoke that was causing my tears.Well there's no smoke around me now but my eyes have been leaking alot and the tears are for the loss of Paul and for his family.
The measure of a mans life is not how much gold he has acquired but how many lives he has touched and the number of tears shed at his passing.
It was my pleasure to have known Paul if only for a short while and the number of tears being shed for his passing are countless and world wide I'm sure.God speed Paul Wack

79 B300 4x4,80 B100,83 B150.If it's not a van I just don't understand it.
Meanmachine #384142 May 10th 2010 1:45 pm
J
Jud Offline OP

Chairperson National Truck-in Board
OP Offline

J
here is the funeral arraingements.
Hustad Funeral home at 7232 N. Richland Ave, Portland, Or 37203
He will be buried from Holy Cross Catholic Church 5227 N. Bowdoin St. Portland, OR 97203 at 10 am on May 17th.
The phone at church is 503-289-2834. Pauls Father goes to daily mass here. If you would like to have a mass said, you can send a donation of $10. in his name and they will arrainge for the masses to be said.

Chairperson National Truck-in Boardl
National's Board since 1991
National's Judging Committee
Member OFV
Member Central Flovida vans and Florida Van Council since 1976
Drive a 1991 Dodge van and a 1993 Astro van
Contributor to the Florida Van Coucil newsletter and web page.

Jud #384146 May 10th 2010 1:52 pm
stranger
stranger
Heartfelt condolences to you and yours from our family...

Daniel and Kelly

Quantum in me fuit.
Jud #384157 May 10th 2010 2:13 pm
J
Jud Offline OP

OP Offline

J
Way back in the seventys I would read the NW newsletter. Thre was always an artical from this guy named Wacko. He was a die hard vanner. Always encougering people to attend events. I finially got to meet him in person at the C of C in Seattle in 1992. We have spent a lot of time getting to know each other over the years. My first long distance event after I retired was Corn Cob in Southern Or. After the event I broke down and was able to stay with Paul and Sue while it was repaired. Last fall the last truck-in we attended together was Corn Cob. Once again I broke down while I was there and spent time with them again. We painted the livieng room and diningroom.

He was a great insperation to a lot of people and a huge asset to the National Truck-in board. I had the privelage of spending 2 weeks with Paul and Sue and Paul Jr. last month. He never gave up the fight. The last thing he said to me was see you in July.

My hart goes out to Sue, Paul jr, his dad and brother and sisters.

Chairperson National Truck-in Boardl
National's Board since 1991
National's Judging Committee
Member OFV
Member Central Flovida vans and Florida Van Council since 1976
Drive a 1991 Dodge van and a 1993 Astro van
Contributor to the Florida Van Coucil newsletter and web page.

Jud #384160 May 10th 2010 2:20 pm
D
Deb Offline
old hand
old hand
D
So very sorry to hear this. Judith, do you or anyone else here have their mailing address so I can get a card out to the Family?
Superbeast, yesterday morning Dawn and I were in Church also and the thought of Wacko jumped in my head so I said a prayer for him too.
I don't remember ever having the pleasure to meet Paul in person, sounds like I missed the opportunity to get to know a wonderful Vanner and his wife.
Deepest heartfelt condolences to Paul, Sue and their Family.

Action Vans of Michigan
Second Generation

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Deb #384163 May 10th 2010 2:25 pm
Bad Girls from New York, Bad Western Inn in IN.
Bad Girls from New York, Bad Western Inn in IN.
Deb--the other thread may have an address for the Wack family. I know I have it on my e-mail, I will look it up and send it to you later! And I believe you did meet him when he came to visit at camp at the last IL Nats. Check the pics--'course it was coffee time for you. hee hee

Judith--thanks for the info!

Last edited by Suzie-BGfNY-IN; May 10th 2010 2:31 pm. Reason: address info all runs together!

Cherish your friends!
HUGGS to all!
Suzie
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Astro 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
1 members (Wedgy), 20 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TheDrunkenGunsmith, Jac, LOVclassics, ZenMuffin, Milkman530
12724 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
SDMickey 130
CatFish 28
frscke1 28
Wedgy 21
Forum Statistics
Forums68
Topics35,747