Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Re: Van Documentary
Balint #366874 March 04th 2010 9:13 am

Vanthropologist

Vanthropologist
Now we're talking Balint ! Sorry that we gave you some tough love, but you seem to understand where we are coming from. I have posted quite a few videos on youtube that a number of us have done, you can check them out here.
http://www.youtube.com/virtualvanner
If you want to use any of that footage let me know.

Good luck with this project !

Virtual #366881 March 04th 2010 9:22 am
V
veteran
veteran
V
Go Balint.Great subject for sure.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Van-Promoter
&
Representative

Trust,Respect,Honor,Pride & Tradition

Ultimate Truckers &
Vice President Of Keep It Tight Vanners

Virtual #366886 March 04th 2010 9:38 am
D
old hand
old hand
D
Hey, guys I trust him, I think his intent is to show Vannin in a great way. I have been truckin since 1974, owned more vans than most have socks. Anything to show, anyone that Vannin is still active, is GOOD for all of us. I run a muti million dollar, development company,and we are still paying our bills in this Damn economy!!<highmeadowtexas.com> But the way it happens is EXPOSER, EXPOSER, EXPOSER, folks have to know about you. So this is my advise, give it a chance, it cant hurt. Marketing is the key to Exposer, OMG what if it brings in New Vanners, heaven forbid, some of them might not, be like us, what will we do?? We have been talking about doing this for 6 months.I'm behind this 102% Dan

Mild to Wild Vanz,Prez. Houston TX.
Balint #366888 March 04th 2010 9:45 am
Vanner
Vanner
Originally Posted by Balint
Dear Vanners,
Thanks for taking your time and your positive/negative feedbacks.
I made some notes and I will try to answer all the questions, if I left anything out, please contact me:
About myself: I am 36. Was born in Hungary and moved to New York when I was 20. Got in the movie business when I was 22. Wanted to be a cameraman, but become a grip(lighting tech)(long story). Here is my resume:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1261288/
Was married with two kids. Got divorced. (long story). Got married for the second (and last) time. Moved to Austin, TX. We have now two girls.
Started a small production company(BKP Films, www.bkpfilms.com). Still grip to pay the bills until cameraman and production jobs pick up.
I have been a big van fan for a long time. They are great and vesatile vehicles. I inherited a Chrysler Town and Country from my late Father-in-Law, yes it is a minivan, not a full size, but it serves me well.
I have not produced a documentary like this, however that does not mean I will not do a good job.
The lenght is unknown. As of right now I am planning a 30 minute or one hour show.
Youtube: I will post my first interview after I send my harddrive to my editor, which I did not have a chance to do yet.
Maybe you are right it is more like a van "owner" documetary, however I might make a spinoff with more of the meetings and evants, which brigns us to that touchy territory where people can feel it's a mockery and making fun of a buch of vanners. I am very careful and I will make sure that will not happen. I am not planning to disappoint anybody or make fun of.
Many documetaries are shot by people who have no idea about the projects they are working on. That is actually true documenting, without swaying to any odd direction.
Let me film some vans. Let me put a video together. Let me see how it turns out and than I will figure out where I would like to show it.
So with all that said. I will shoot the Van Doc in Tx first and regroup to see where this project will go.
It might be just a DVD which will show a great part of American history, culture and people and of course VANS. And I am thrilled to make it happen!
I hope everybody got a resonable answer for their questions.
NOW GO VANNIN AND LET ME MAKE MY DOCUMENTARY!

Well, my Ma was born in Buda, and I have inherited some of my Gypsy tendencies from her bloodline..instead of a wagon and horse, I have a more modern Gypsy Carriage, with Shag and Naugahyde....they were the original vanners a few hundred years ago after all smile

Definitely need to hang around my cooler .....I will bring the Golden Pear as well..........

I don't need to be honoured by Vanning, I am honoured to be Vanning !
Supporting Vanning, by going Vanning In A Van !
I hate it, when real life interferes with Vanning !
Van Clan Plus One, Vanning since 1977 !
Ontario Federation Of Truckers (Vanner's)
Ottawa Valley Vans
I.B.O.B.
Founder,Mixed Bag Truckers
diamond dan #366889 March 04th 2010 9:47 am
Master Baiter
Master Baiter
Im thinking what the other guys are thinking.
We would love a documentary of our lifestyle/hobby/sport/family.
We are owners, enthusists, and a big group who keeps close together.

We are weary of being portrayed as Scooby Doo, Cheech n Chong, or Kelso from That 70's show.

Vanning did start out as Sex Drugs N Rock n Roll, but we all grew up together, and 30-40 years of vanning in the US, things have changed. Its more about the rides now than the S+D+RR. Not totally, but thats not the entire program anymore,

concentrate on vans and owners and builders and i believe you will have all of our support.
I wish you good luck and dont forget the european vanners.

Last edited by luna; March 04th 2010 1:39 pm.

20,20,24 hours to go ...I wanna be SEDATED

E-Z Vanners of Mass, NY NJ Maine UK and Finland

Canadians needed but the Physical is a tough one
luna #366904 March 04th 2010 11:55 am
B
pooh-bah
pooh-bah
B
Thanks for chiming in, Dan. Your seal of approval really means a lot.

Balint, sorry for coming off so harsh. As many times as the vanning community has been burned, these people are always continuing to trust, which should give you a good idea about the kind of culture you're exposing yourself to.

Good luck in your venture. Perhaps we'll meet at the Nats.

Boot #366917 March 04th 2010 12:26 pm
enthusiast
enthusiast
Showing up on film is good.
I will not forget the little blip about the dangers of racing lawnmowers I saw about ten years ago or so on TV.
In between talking about how dangerous it could be, the mini-doc made fun of the hobby like mad, but I remember reading on the net years later how people flocked to the sport for three years after the coverage.
Though some complained about those who were "just there till the hot 'fad' passed," they ended up retaining a good bunch of people in the end.
Same thing would likely happen here.

As has been said before, "exposure is exposure!" (even though my spelling for exposure is not the same...I think we mean the same thing ;) )

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
[Linked Image]
diamond dan #366942 March 04th 2010 1:55 pm
M
old hand
old hand
M
maybe we will be on the history channel

aka Blue Heaven 77 gmc
diamond dan #366961 March 04th 2010 3:01 pm
Originally Posted by diamond dan
I'm behind this 102% Dan

That's some support. balint's IMDB is an impressive resume' too. I can't wait to see the youtube interview at some point. sounds like good intentions and if dan will vouch for it, then he must be serious.

I go to Truck-ins. How about you?
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  Astro, Virtual 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TheDrunkenGunsmith, Jac, LOVclassics, ZenMuffin, Milkman530