#366533 March 02nd 2010 11:24 pm
B
Balint Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Dear Vanners,

My name is Balint Pinczehelyi. My company, BKP Films has started shooting a documetary about vans and their respected owners.
First stop was Diamond Dan with Zoomie of Mild to Wild Vanz of Houston.
Next stop is Dallas.
If you or anybody you know are interested in being part of this project, please send me an email with contact info and small pix of your ride.
First I would like to finish filming in Texas and work my way into the other States.

Balint K. Pinczehelyi
Re: Van Documentary
Balint #366536 March 02nd 2010 11:29 pm
carpal tunnel
carpal tunnel
Just so ya know, your about to probably get a bunch of negative comments, vanners were promised documentaries in the past and they never came to fruition so it left them with a bad taste in their mouths...

I say come on up to the van nats in NY in July and start filming! smile

[Linked Image from i14.photobucket.com]
Keith Snotty LeVan
link to Moon Lite Vans Inc.
http://moonlitevans.blogspot.com
Co-Host 1996 Van Nationals
Co-Host 2005 Van Nationals
Co-Host 2009 Van Nationals
PennsylVANia Van Council
http://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbt..._of_progress_on_the_97_4.html#Post110506

Snotty #366540 March 02nd 2010 11:33 pm
B
Balint Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
I was planning to do that. Better yet, I was offered to chug along with the team from Dallas all the way to NY, which would be great.
Have faith people, I am serious. The documentary is already happening.
Thanks for your response.

Balint K. Pinczehelyi
Balint #366541 March 02nd 2010 11:36 pm
Old Timer
Old Timer
We hope that you are serious and hope to see ya around.I'm on my 26th van since 76 ,someone needs to do this.Thanks

Jim & Lucy Newkirk
1965 Chevy Bad Influence
1981 Chevy-the Love Shack
2012 Chevy Van , 2020 chevy van
2020 Chevy van Sapphire Sweet.
Club Vannerz.
vanninvanner@comcast.net
newkirkinc1 #366548 March 03rd 2010 12:17 am

Vanthropologist

Vanthropologist
Can you give us an idea of how long this documentary is going to be and angle you are coming from with regards to vanning. What will the story be ?
Right now many of us have had it with outsiders having the good intentions of doing documentaries and writing books on vanning only to be disappointed. Maybe vanning is so much different than these people expected and wouldn't make a good sensational story. Vanning has evolved tremendously over time from the 70's when we were all young, carefree and maybe a little careless into one of the tightest knit communities within car culture. We were talking about this just the other night in Detroit with vanners from Illinois, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Canada. These vanners came to Detroit to support the 3 vanners whose vans were in the show.
I wish you luck with this and I hope you don't disappoint us or worse make a mockery out of vanning like some others have done.

Virtual #366549 March 03rd 2010 12:35 am
B
Balint Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
I am looking for the story behind the vans and the owner's connection to it.
How he or she got it. The connection it has to the person and vice versa. What changes were made to it. Couple fun stories, etc.
I was looking to edit these into 3-5 minute segments.
I really think Vannin is going to have a comeback like most of you had it in the '70s. And this project will open the young generation's eye... How versatile and functional this vehicle was, is and will be.

Balint K. Pinczehelyi
Virtual #366550 March 03rd 2010 12:49 am
B
pooh-bah
pooh-bah
B
I'm right there with Virtual, and also with Jim. Someone does need to do this, but realistically, it should be a vanner, and I'll explain why....

Vanning is very different than any other culture you might find. We're a tight-knit community, and while we always welcome with open arms those who share our enthusiasm about vans and our lifestyle, we really don't need to be "the next cool thing" that people flock to, cash in on and leave.

I personally have friends who invested everything they had in the world to open a custom bike shop when OCC glamorized bolting a few ready-made parts together. They made it look so appealing. Those friends of mine lost everything when the bottom fell out and people stopped buying choppers bolted together from catalog parts. Another example is the flock of folks buying up tattoo machines on Ebay after Miami Ink made it look so easy. These guys came into an industry they know nothing about, and filled the business with poor quality work, only to add a black mark to the business before bailing out to do something more suited to them.

I think what we don't need is a film that makes everyone with a credit score run out and buy a van for a new place to fit in for awhile. We're seeing more interest in recent years in vanning, and some great people have found their way to us. Most of them we're sure will stay in this lifestyle forever, but vanners can spot a poser a mile away.

I think we really need some clarification as to the intention of the documentary. If the documentary is a for profit deal, then it'd be only fair that whoever is in it be compensated, and a full disclosure of the intention of the film be published where vanners can access it.

Sorry to sound harsh, but let's face it, we don't know you, nor do we know what kind of light you'll be shining on our lifestyle, which we take quite seriously.

Boot #366559 March 03rd 2010 1:48 am
U
Festerus Vannimus
Festerus Vannimus
U
hmmmn, PASS, I will wish you good luck and PRAY this turns out positive for us vanners, we shall see

My van : 1989 Ford E-150 Econoline, currently named “WOLF-DEN II”

Founder & President of Sooner or Later United Truckers and PROUD TO BE A S.L.U.T. ! !
Uncle_Fester #366562 March 03rd 2010 2:07 am
pooh-bah
pooh-bah
Hi Balint, thank you for your interest.

Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself and your company, and how you came to be interested in vans, their owners and culture?

Have you produced similar documentaries in the past?

How did the segment with Diamond Dan and Zoomie go? Is there any way (like by making a posting of samples at Youtube?) where you could steer us to get a taste of your filming style and your documentary's production style? That could go a long way towards improving the level of acceptance and cooperation you'll encounter.

Hope your dream works out! Please keep us up to date on your progress.

Regards

-It's been such a LONG TIME... BlueShift>> 1981 Dodge Ram B250 Custom Sportsman Maxi Van

[Linked Image]

It's what you learn after you know it all, that counts...

Are you living to work, or working to live?

[Linked Image]

Learning from my own mistakes is good, learning from yours would be much better! [Linked Image]
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  Astro, Virtual 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TheDrunkenGunsmith, Jac, LOVclassics, ZenMuffin, Milkman530
12724 Registered Users