Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Re: How bout some ideas?
Suzie-BGfNY-IN #311051 July 23rd 2009 9:11 am
P.R. Wisconsin Van Council
Originally Posted by Suzie-BGfNY-IN
I am glad that we can have civil and intelligent discussion of this issue here. Great reading all!

Civil I can agree to but intelligent I dont think I can be part of rofl

[Linked Image]

Ed Lil' Ed Gray
Co-Chair 40th Van Nationals
President - County Line Vans
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/750547
www.wivancouncil.com
Lil_Ed #311069 July 23rd 2009 9:40 am
addict
addict
Ed,
The situation may be good for you and some others
but what about the future vanners and the majority of vanners ??.

And what about vanners that live far from the nats location
a 2 day head start (sat and sun)would help them out greatly
A 2 day drive home (the following sat and sun) will make a big difference also.

Maby more people would come to the nats because they would have more travel time and it could be done in a weeks vacation time.

A poll should be taken reguarding the nats schedule.....the problem is we cant count the future vanners in the poll cause there not with us yet !!!

In general we have to get out of the stone age.........Here is an example of the stone age mentality. Some people still say that panel hhrs and panel pt cruisers should not be allowed at the nats.........are these people kidding ?? and yes Im still hearing this kind of talk even at this past nats !!.......Panel hhrs and pt cruisers ARE modern panel vans. LOOK AT THEM and show me the difference.
Im glad they are treated as modern panel vans
(kudos to the board for making the right decision !!!)

I would even bet that some vanners at first didnt like the idea of vanning information being put up on the internet.
I wouldnt be surprised that the idea of strangers being able to gain knowledge of an event scared the hell out of some of you !!!!

If we keep using the past or present to make future decisions there wont be many people left to keep this going another 37 years !!!!!

WE MUST THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE and im hearing that the numbers are very slightly increasing,but some things must change to keep the numbers of new vanners rising !!!!

Anthonyd28_GenNext #311078 July 23rd 2009 10:19 am
Madman!
OP Offline
Madman!
If the Nats were a week long and you could only make some of the days, then nothing is lost. This year the gates opened on the Saturday before for the unofficial warm up to the Nats. There were around 150 vans by Monday morning. We rolled in on Sunday and were able to set up and went out site seeing Monday and Tuesday. When the gates opened on Wednesday we were raring to go and do everything we could at the Nats. It was nice to be able to travel on the weekend (less work traffic) have a couple days to do Un-Nats-related stuff and still be able to enjoy the whole Nats.

The van show being on Friday has raised some concerns, but I think it too is a great idea. If it rains, you still have Saturday to do the show. Also, if you need to be home by Monday, you can roll out Saturday and not miss the show.

As far as the specific grounds (3, 4 or 5) I would have to vote against it. I know a lot of vanners and have talked to a lot of them about this idea. SOME OF THE RESPONSES I DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND.

There are vanners that will not go back to certain areas (or grounds) more than once.

If any vanner decided they didn't like a particular grounds, they wouldn't go again.

If the hosts at a certain grounds didn't work out then they wouldn't go again. Even if the hosts change, not everyone would realize that.

If they have 3, 5, 6, 8 hour syndrome, and none or all of the grounds are farther than that, they will never be at a Nats again.

With today's economy and the prices of everything going up, most vanners will not travel as far as they once did, for any run.

Some vanners will also only do local runs because, they will not travel far for "the same old shit". Meaning, the Nats, as well as a lot of runs, are all the same.

Don't come down on me for saying any of this. These are not my feelings or opinions, it's just what I have heard.

Ken Schwarz
Tricky Truckers, N.J.
Van Clan Plus One, Canada
Manse Vans, Finland
Rebel Vanners, N.J. "USA"
Toopa Sinner Tribe, N.C.

www.showvans.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/360991

[Linked Image]

"Coolness ALWAYS trumps comfort"
Anthonyd28_GenNext #311079 July 23rd 2009 10:19 am
Originally Posted by AnthonyD28_HighlandersVC
Maby more people would come to the nats because they would have more travel time and it could be done in a weeks vacation time.

If you are the forunate ones that can get a week off, why cant you take Wednesday thru Tuesday off and do your travel around the weekend as opposed to doing the travel on the weekends.

Originally Posted by AnthonyD28_HighlandersVC

panel hhrs and panel pt cruisers should not be allowed at the nats.........are these people kidding ??

This is where the disscussion will turn from civil to not civil. But I have never seen or heard of a PT Cruiser Panel and that is all I am going to say about that

[Linked Image]

Ed Lil' Ed Gray
Co-Chair 40th Van Nationals
President - County Line Vans
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/750547
www.wivancouncil.com
Lil_Ed #311097 July 23rd 2009 10:46 am
Bad Girls from New York, Bad Western Inn in IN.
Many companies operate on a Wed to Wed pay week, might be easier to schedule vaca that way too! Get a whole paycheck sooner!!

Ken--I have heard all that stuff before too--what is up with that is also my question!

I feel for those with 3 hour syndrome and all that they miss in this world. Not only wonderful sights and places in this country, but all the VANNERS that they are missing out on knowing! And how much happier their VAN would be if it had some real highway miles on it--I know mine enjoyed her little trips earlier this season--even tho they were short for us--longer than the grocery getting stuff we do around here!

I will not comment on the HHR/PT stuff. Heard like 20+ years of what is a VAN already!

Cherish your friends!
HUGGS to all!
Suzie
Suzie-BGfNY-IN #311110 July 23rd 2009 10:57 am
addict
addict
Civil or uncivil
Even a new guy like me can see that panel hhrs and panel pt's are modern panel vans I mean modern versions of the old old panel vans
Don't be stuck in the past !

What's hard to understand !!!!!!

I will explain again !!!!!

Most people can't take off a few vacation days one week and then take off some vacation days the following week.( Keep in mind the travel time that's needed after the sunday)

Most people have to take vacation in one block periods of time ( mon -fri)
This scedule also helps those that travel from far. This would give them 2 days before to get to the nats. And 2 days to get home from the nats.

What can't you understand about this basic logic !!!!

Anthonyd28_GenNext #311116 July 23rd 2009 11:04 am

Just a reminder, we aren't here to discuss "what is a van"
that just stirs up too many emotions and people get mean.

the nats board has already decided on the panel HHR, its allowed, the PT cruiser isn't.

if you have issues about these vehicles, discuss them with your nats rep.

90 Astro - "The Grey Ghost" - Haulin Ass, Not kids.

E-Z Vanners and West Vanners
Council of Councils Board Member
National Truck-in Board Support Team

[Linked Image]

"No matter where you go, there you are."
"If you can't do something smart, Do something right"
"There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
Anthonyd28_GenNext #311118 July 23rd 2009 11:05 am
Anthony--relax--it's a discussion and Howard has said it will also be discussed in Feb amongst the Board members. Not everyone will always agree on things when it comes to Vanning, but we can discuss as tho we are around the campfire because everyone has the right to have their opinion sounded.

If you really feel this strongly, then put a proposal together and bring it up at the Council of Council meeting--these are the reasons we have C of C! If it is already a known issue and there is interest, it will get more attention at the meetings.

Cherish your friends!
HUGGS to all!
Suzie
Astro #311121 July 23rd 2009 11:12 am
addict
addict
Sorry Dave
I thought I seen a paneld pt at this nats

The reason I brought it up is because I was trying to prove a point that some folks are so stuck in the past,
Which is dangrous to the survival of this sport!!

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  Astro, nautic1, on the road, Virtual 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TheDrunkenGunsmith, Jac, LOVclassics, ZenMuffin, Milkman530
12724 Registered Users