Rate Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Re: How bout some ideas?
Superbeast #310727 July 22nd 2009 11:41 am
O
pooh-bah
pooh-bah
O
I like the idea of moving the Nats around as it has been. It give everyone a chance every couple years to attend if they do not like to drive a long distance.

The only request I would like to make is that there is one central location on the grounds for the vendors, games, bands, shows and hanging out in general so that you get a chance to meet and see everyone, play games, etc. without missing stuff etc. This will also bring extra attention to the vendors.

1973 Dodge Shorty B-100
1995 Chevy G20 Gladiator

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserve body,
but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and proclaiming

"Wow What a Ride"

Johnny O
"O Vanners" of Connecticut! Since 1982

wookee #310742 July 22nd 2009 12:41 pm
P.R. Wisconsin Van Council
Originally Posted by wookee
New York is put on this year by different host in a repeat location.

Nobody from the previous hosts is invloved with this years?

That is kind of nice that you have that many vanners in one general area to have two Nats with totally different hosts. In Illinois it was pretty much everybody from around that area. Wisconsin would never be able to host a Nats there (we could help but not put it on). And likewise Illinois Vanners would never be able to host a Nats in Wisconsin. To much planning involved, you need to have people there to do a lot of the planning.

[Linked Image]

Ed Lil' Ed Gray
Co-Chair 40th Van Nationals
President - County Line Vans
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/750547
www.wivancouncil.com
Lil_Ed #310754 July 22nd 2009 1:36 pm
Bad Girls from New York, Bad Western Inn in IN.
Some of the former NY Nats hosts have individually volunteered to be members of VAN NY and help with the Nationals in 2010. So, some of the people are the same, and some are not.
In this region, things have been this way since way before MASVA did their Nats in '98, I mean a group of people coming together for the purpose of hosting an eVANt and making sure that all the bases are covered. It is rare now a days to find a single group with enough members to pull it off themselves, and it is a way that all Vanners in an area can be involved in their local Nationals. Performance and MoonLite are two of the largest groups I know of back east, and they knew that even with that, neither group could have done it alone.

I like the movement and different hosts the Nats offer us, I find it a joy to travel the country and see how others do this thing we love so much. However, if one Nationals is going to cost me 3 smaller eVANts, whether in time or cash, I will pick the 3 smaller eVANts. We are losing too many of our regular runs and I will support them before anyone.

Just my thoughts.

Cherish your friends!
HUGGS to all!
Suzie
Suzie-BGfNY-IN #310786 July 22nd 2009 2:50 pm
Just because the name of the host is different doesnt mean the actual hosts are different. My point in this you cant have a central place for National in the midwest and have different people host the Nats. It would be to hard with dealing with the work up to the Nationals. Example; Bands trophies, vendors, all licensing, working with the local city etc.

I think it would be great to have Wisconsin some day host a Nationals again but we would never be able to do it in Illinois, Indiana or Iowa.............

Unless our job only happened at the Nats. Meaning the Nats Board does all the prep work and we just do the grunt work. Either way I wouldnt like the fact that we dont have our indiviaul style put into it.

[Linked Image]

Ed Lil' Ed Gray
Co-Chair 40th Van Nationals
President - County Line Vans
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/750547
www.wivancouncil.com
Suzie-BGfNY-IN #310792 July 22nd 2009 3:02 pm
W
carpal tunnel
carpal tunnel
W
I agree Suzie.We really can't afford to loose any of the current local events we now have in place.

The thing I like best about attending a "Nationals" event is I get to see vans and meet vanners I do not see in my area.
I believe this is a common attraction for all of us who can make trip to a "National" event where ever it may go.

There has to be a way to have our cake and eat it tooo

.......Wookee

Its a "Van Thing"
A life style you have to LIVE to understand!

[Linked Image]

Vintage Chevy Van Club
wookee #310799 July 22nd 2009 3:15 pm
W
carpal tunnel
carpal tunnel
W
Lil Ed you are saying that if there was a location in the upper mid west and you knew where it was going to be your Cun or Council could not come up with enough members or bodys to help run a part of it?

.....Wookee

Its a "Van Thing"
A life style you have to LIVE to understand!

[Linked Image]

Vintage Chevy Van Club
wookee #310824 July 22nd 2009 4:18 pm
hee hee I thought he was saying that WI is no where near IL!
I'm going to have and check my atlas!!!

And Lil Ed--I am not understanding your meaning of--'Just because the name of the host is different doesn't mean the actual hosts are different.'huh? In our case--it is a different group with different people at the top and then volunteers, some have worked a Nationals before, some have not; but everyone signed up understands that it takes a VANNING community to raise a Nationals!

Cherish your friends!
HUGGS to all!
Suzie
Suzie-BGfNY-IN #310920 July 22nd 2009 7:44 pm

Vanner Extraordinaire

Vanner Extraordinaire
Another great thread...what is the deal? since the nats, several really interesting threads have popped up! as far as the question that wookie asked about future bids, things are in the works for bids in the future. With out letting any felines escape, there are rumors of bids from at least 4 groups coming up in the next few years. All of these groups are comprised of experienced host type folks, and 3 of the venues are new to hosting nats, although 1 hosts an annual event!

Howard
"Nickels and Dymes"
Midwest Vans Ltd.
Vanfest Staff
Ontario Federation of Vanners Rep since 1978
National Truck-In Board since 1986
First van event-a hall party...March, 1974...ain't been right since!!!!!

on the road #310931 July 22nd 2009 8:23 pm
addict
addict
Ken, your right !!!!
The nats being held from Mon to friday should be the way its always been ????
Most people can only take vacation time in one week blocks
(mon to fri).

This also gives vanners from far away 2 days travel to the nats and 2 days travel from the nats !!!! and this can all be done within 1 weeks vacation !!!!!

The ways its been scheduled wednessday to sunday is really bizzare considering that many vanners come to this event from very far away. The way it is now, the event ends on sunday vanners have to cut into more vacation time leading into another week ????(if they can) to make it home ????????

If the host club wants to have a pre nats party starting the sat before...thats even better,if the host wants to have vanners there the sat and sunday after than that should be fine as well

sat--12noon early arrivels allowed in
sun--early arrivals allowed in,say till 2pm after 2 vans line up at the gate

MON---nats offically open
Tues--junkyard tours etc.
wed--show and shine,light show
thur--trophy awards
fri---more partying,

sat--long distance vanners leave if they choose
sun--everyone leaves by 2pm

Please nats bord...seriously consider changing the current schedule

Maby im wrong, but this seems to make the most sence

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14