Re: Vanner helping Harricane victoms
#24070 September 11th 2005 2:10 am
W
wookee Offline OP
carpal tunnel
OP Offline
carpal tunnel
W
Just an update. The vanner we are sending our donations too 's family lost four homes.Gregg's house/van is still underwater in new Orleans.
his Mom lost a house in Slidel La...........Wookee

AdSense long
#24071 September 11th 2005 9:13 am

Showoff of the week on Cardomain 11/26/07

Showoff of the week on Cardomain 11/26/07
These people are now in for a longer haul. Now there is a big issue with Fema. Like they are a big help anyway. They give out the $2k debit cards, only in Texas, then they stop them. Now the people are to apply online or call the 800 number. These people do not have homes or banks anymore. How the heck are they supposed to get the money? Apply online? With what? Call the 800 #? Good luck there. If the people have a phone and can call, prepare for a good 3-6 hour wait at the least. I was on hold for close to 2 hours during Ivan so I can only imagine what it will be like for these people. There lives are never going to be the same. I can attest to that. Just not to the extreme that these people are going through. I can not even fathom there devistation.
All I can say is hats off to Wookee and everyone else for spearheading this fundraising campaign for these families. They need the help because it will be a long time coming from anywhere else. The Red Cross is doing what they can with limited resources. But the people are getting something from them. Albeit a drink and a sandwich. They are able to provide vouchers also for food, clothing and shelter. Unfortunately there is propbably not a whole lot in the line of shelter left in the area. So if you can help in anyway, please do it.

#24072 September 20th 2005 10:24 am
special thanks to all the vanners at keystone
this weekend..Van iN MAGAZINE and VINTAGE CHEVY VAN CLUB put together to do a raffle and
raised 315.00 to assist vanners in NOLA
this will not of course rebuild or relocate someone
but hopefully help a couple vanners get a few things they need
some blankets,shoes,and clothes collected will also be sent along with some gift certificates from the funds soon.
special thanks to wookie and wife mary as well
who helped with items for the raffle, and selling tickets
Van iN Magazine also donated all magazine sales
to the fund as well as items for the raffle
thanks again EVERYONE !for the great support!

<small>[ September 20, 2005, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: leadfoot1965 ]</small>

#24073 September 20th 2005 11:02 pm
old hand
old hand
Thats Great!!!!!. But now there is sad news... another one is headed there way. So our prayers are with those that have to endore the next one. Hurricane Rita keeps getting bumped up... So please get out when they tell you too. Best of luck to all in these devistating cirrcumstances. Pupswifee.

#24074 September 21st 2005 10:29 am
Vanner
Vanner
With Katrina my company has shipped over 100 loads of bottled water and other emergency supplies to the area. We have just been informed we should gear up for round 2 with Rita......which I am doing.............gladly. [Big Grin] And by the way, my thanks to the oHIo State Trooper who gave one of my trucks a ticket for 59 in a 55 Zone, and the Michigan State Trooper who gave another truck a ticket for 60 in a 55 Zone.. [Frown] It reminds my Drivers that even if they were involved in relief efforts over the past 20 days, have barely been able to see thier own families, they still should obey every chicken#%@*& law on the way, to the letter...... [Mad] [ September 21, 2005, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Doc/Ontario ]

#24075 September 21st 2005 10:54 am
W
wookee Offline OP
carpal tunnel
OP Offline
carpal tunnel
W
I am in the prosses of getting addresses together so we have some place to send our donations together.I spoke with Gregg's aunt last night.Gregg has relocated to Slidell he is helping his mother with her house he has still not been able to get to his house.In New Orleans.
I was able to find out that Greggs niece has 3 girls.16,13,21/2
Miss Mary Jo assured(Greggs aunt) use that every thing in there houses was lost.
We are also working on finding sombody to help out with shipping.
If you have some thing you would like to donate Email me and I will send you there adress.
THANK YOU for all of the help from Keystone.and any future help............Wookee

#24076 September 21st 2005 1:35 pm
B
Founder, Generation Brat....a.k.a head of the Brat Pack
Founder, Generation Brat....a.k.a head of the Brat Pack
B
I haven't posted at all over the summer due to lack of internet connection, but now i'm back online and tryiung to catch up on everything here.

I am unfortunately not able to give cash now, but my girls did give their old bikes to the evacuees that are in Rhode Island from New Orleans. I'm glad we have somewhere local to help out. I believe we have over 200 people from there staying on our navy base. We will probably bring some other things to the kids over the next few weeks as we have moved into the house and have lots to get rid of.

Brat

#24077 September 21st 2005 2:10 pm
brat.. pops bonehead told me that story
at keystone about the bikes... VERY COOL!
we all do as we can when we can! even the kids!

#24078 October 07th 2005 4:17 pm
W
wookee Offline OP
carpal tunnel
OP Offline
carpal tunnel
W
a super big thank you for all those who were at the van in and contributed for the home depot gift certificates i received - ya know its kind of ironic - i know we have all heard about fema and redcross monies etc - as i was one of the earlier returnees- none of that assistance has been available here - not that i am looking for any handouts- if you stayed out in other areas they came to you - i was trying to do what i felt was right and get back and get my house in order - i even took some days off and went and helped at a local food distribution center- so a bunch of guys at a van web site and van in are there for us before the supposed organizations that are supposed to be in place - i have a lot of work still to do- try and get a sheetrock crew to hire now- i did not really want to do it myself but thats a possibility- i think i may have it covered though -while my profile says new orleans i actually live in kenner which is about 10 miles from downtown new orleans - the new orleans airport is in kenner- as i said below i did not get as bad damage as a lot of people east of here- but its still enough - so i lost a bunch of stuff - its just stuff- i have tried to get my wife to rid of things that never get used for years- well this was a heck of a way to do so! i hope no one else has to go thru this - i know i am more of a reader than a poster so you may not always see my name here- if i can offer a couple advices at this time- go thru all those things you havent used and either have a garage sale or donate them to goodwill etc- having to box the stuff i have that is savable and get it off to storage, while doing demo is a huge pia - second if you dont already have a digital camara, get one- make a file of all your possesions valuables etc - make some discs and keep 1 at home, at work - a few different places for that just in case time- i have said someday to many times in the past - someday i am going to do this or that etc - will now that has to change to today- it will not happen overnite but no more forever somedays - i have to sign off for now - so thanks again - oo3

Just an update to let people know that there donations were apreciated........Wookee

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Astro, nautic1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TheDrunkenGunsmith, Jac, LOVclassics, ZenMuffin, Milkman530
12724 Registered Users