Boxdin
Vanning.com logo
We host with and recommend Your-Site.Com - This site works best with FireFox - this site is powered by UBBCentral

Site Navigation

Advertisements
Recent Posts
Suspension knocking when turning left 95 g20
by Maciej102
18 minutes 14 seconds ago
Thinking about buying this van, any input?
by MACE
22 minutes 39 seconds ago
Bat out of Hell van spotted in 1983 Richard Gere flick "Breathless"
by Callahan
42 minutes 48 seconds ago
Chopped 77 dodge van
by c1run1
55 minutes 33 seconds ago
Windshield / A Pillar rust
by wrcsixeight
Today at 03:53 PM
Best Carb Option for my 77 250 inline 6?
by Reed
Today at 02:47 PM
The black bitch...restoration
by bfmccasper
Today at 02:37 PM
Best Carb Option for my 77 250 inline 6?
by Reed
Today at 02:33 PM
O-H-I-O
by dix
Today at 09:52 AM
Chronicles of a 79 Dodge
by Reed
Today at 03:11 AM
Featured Links

-->
Cluster Map
Locations of visitors to this page
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167622 - December 13th 2007 9:26 pm Re: Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself..... [Re: Radarlove]
on the road Offline

Vanner Extraordinaire

Loc: Western suburbs of Chicago
Welcome aboard...we are still nuts, but more gray hair (or less hair, period!) I was at Alpine for the nats in 1980. One of my fondest memories of my vanning life was meeting the Native Americans in the store and chatting with them. Not so fond...the driveshaft exiting my 61 Econoline in front of Jack Murphy Stadium in rush hour after a 2400 mile trip from Chicago. Ran out in traffic, picked it up, and got rope towed the rest of the way by a buddy in a Pinto! I also made the trek west for the 77 King City truck-in. I remember the confusion of the Florida West Coast Vans Club, too. Check out Showtrux.com for current pics, and get out to an event. the nationals are close for you in 08...Altamont, Illinois...just go down I 70 and bear left! Again...welcome!
Vanfest Staff
Ontario Federation of Vanners Rep since 1978
National Truck-In Board since 1986
First van event-a hall party...March, 1974...ain't been right since!!!!!

AdSense
#167624 - December 13th 2007 9:35 pm Re: Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself..... [Re: PolarBear2]
Denim Offline
veteran

Loc: Johnson City, New York, USA
Welcome PolarBear2! This is THE place for van addicts. Glad to hear your back to vannin. With your restoration ability, that van will be a sweet ride in no time. cheers By the way, there are a bunch of us here that go way back to the early days of vannin, so I wouldn't be suprised if you find someone you know from the past.
Old School's still cool!

#167625 - December 13th 2007 9:41 pm Re: Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself..... [Re: Denim]
theroseptv Offline
Just Call Me Trouble !!

Loc: Crivitz, WI
some of us go way back but aren't as old. Sorry! Second generation vanner here.

#167628 - December 13th 2007 9:53 pm Re: Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself..... [Re: theroseptv]
nautic1 Offline

Showoff of the week on Cardomain 11/26/07

Loc: Selinsgrove, PA USA
Welcome to the forums and welcome back to vanning.
Host of Spring Thaw
PennsylVANia Van Council, Inc.
Host of Summerset
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Nats Board Support Staff.
Honorary member of Generation Next Van Club
Toopa Sinner Tribe
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2224899
Nautique

http://forums.coolridesonline.net/member.php?4172-nautic1

"Remember, If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'"

#167634 - December 13th 2007 10:39 pm Re: Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself..... [Re: nautic1]
Starlord Offline
veteran

Loc: San Antonio, Tx.
And some of us go way back and are as old (sigh). Welcome back to the world of vanning.

#167646 - December 14th 2007 12:09 am Re: Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself..... [Re: wookee]
PolarBear2 Offline

Loc: SoCal
Originally Posted By: wookee
Yes door rubbers are avalible for our vans.
Stop over to www.vcvc.org and register,and introduce your self.
There are a few Early Chevy owners over there from the So Cal area.

Welcome back to vanning,once its in your blood its real hard to get it out........

..........Wookee

Could you please contact Smiley for me over at VCVC and give him my email address. Ask him to please contact me so I can register. He has the registration page turned off and when I click "Contact Us" my computer does some wierd crap and I can't get his email. Mine is abadtb2@tfb.com

The `69 is mine and we have a `72 Chevy my son & I are going to do together for him. It's a truck I got from a friend of mine that passed away and has been sitting here for a couple years. Doug, my son, has just started to show some interest in it in the last few months so we're going to do it up also. When I came home with the `69 the other day he was rather taken back, "yours is cooler than mine" he said. I told him to get use to it. LOL

I do look forward to attending a few events in the future. I'll try and post some pictures from back in the 70's when I have time to figure out how. Thanks again everybody for the Welcome. Vanners Rock!

If You Won't Lead, Let Me By You,
If You Can't Follow, Get Out The Way,
Your Takin' Up Space.

#167649 - December 14th 2007 12:24 am Re: Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself..... [Re: PolarBear2]
billo Offline

Loc: Bullhead City Arizona
Hey Mark

I Live in San Diego and have been Vanning since 1975
I bet we know a lot of people in common.

Welcome back to Vanning

PM me if you want to know about Calif Events

Northern California Van Council http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/NorthernCaliforniaVanCouncil/ and www.myspace.com/norcalvancouncil

Southern California Vanning Network http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SouthernCaliforniaVanningNetwork/

#167650 - December 14th 2007 12:28 am Re: Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself..... [Re: on the road]
PolarBear2 Offline

Originally Posted By: on the road
Welcome aboard...we are still nuts, but more gray hair (or less hair, period!) I was at Alpine for the nats in 1980. One of my fondest memories of my vanning life was meeting the Native Americans in the store and chatting with them. Not so fond...the driveshaft exiting my 61 Econoline in front of Jack Murphy Stadium in rush hour after a 2400 mile trip from Chicago. Ran out in traffic, picked it up, and got rope towed the rest of the way by a buddy in a Pinto! I also made the trek west for the 77 King City truck-in. I remember the confusion of the Florida West Coast Vans Club, too. Check out Showtrux.com for current pics, and get out to an event. the nationals are close for you in 08...Altamont, Illinois...just go down I 70 and bear left! Again...welcome!

That's awesome you were at the 8th we hosted. Great to hear from someone who was there. The Indians were really cool. The campground was on their Reservation "Mar-TA-AWA" or something close to that it was called. I still have my mug and frizbee here someplace. One of the things I remember was a Club from New York, IBOB "International Brotherhood of Bizaros" those guys walked around all weekend with nothing but clear shower curtians on. Poop faced drunk and funny as hell. I want to say I remember your truck being towed in by a Pinto, just not sure if I really do. I was working the Gate that Friday. Remember "The Blitz Brothers"? They rocked the stage that Saturday Night. 3 piece band from here in San Diego. That was the largest crowd they'd ever played in front of. Nice to meet you again Howard, I'm sure we'll have lots to chat about down the road.

Your Takin' Up Space.

#167652 - December 14th 2007 12:35 am Re: Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself..... [Re: billo]
PolarBear2 Offline

Originally Posted By: billo
Hey Mark

I Live in San Diego and have been Vanning since 1975
I bet we know a lot of people in common.

Welcome back to Vanning

PM me if you want to know about Calif Events

Sweet, this just keeps getting better. I will be in touch, Thanks for the invite! We might even know each other! LOL

Your Takin' Up Space.

#167689 - December 14th 2007 7:14 am Re: Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself..... [Re: PolarBear2]
NateNCBV Offline

Administrator

Loc: Brooklyn Park, Maryland, USA
As a vanning newbie (only 3 years roughly), it's definitely in my blood and I hope to continue vanning for many years to come.
--------------
1994 Dodge B250 Elk Conversion (5.2L/A518)
2008 Dodge Caravan (3.8L)

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Lil_Ed, nautic1, Virtual 
Upcoming Events
GSVR -X
10-03-2014
AdSense
Instagram Feed
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jon_R, jddunn73, cwb440, Lyle, BigBeau
7926 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Reed 116
lukester 103
Uncle_Fester 83
jules73 74
newkirkinc1 74
HighwayStar 71
frscke1 69