Picked up my new 350 crate motor in Youngstown this week, got a lot of strange looks from civilians not familiar with what vanners will do to their vans as I hauled the V8 down I-80 behind the Astro in the lil club trailer. Picking up the new HEI distributor and a new Weiand intake today, already have a hi output water pump, Edelbrock 600 cfm 4 bbl and fuel pressure stepdown, engine mount adapters, and headers sitting in boxes. (Which the wife will be relieved to see leave the hall closets.lol)
The only fly in my ointment is still a lack of a 700r4 4 speed for the conversion, the L460e I have on hand will not work with a non computerized setup, torque converter will not lock without instructions from momma. Anyone have a rebuildble one cheap? Junkyards here want 600 and up for tired trannies with 100 k and up on them, and being as I have the clutches, frictions, and pump kit for the thing already ( nonreturnable) no, I am not in a position to buy a rebuilt. The stock factory or rebuilts aren't all that reliable behind a built 350 anyhow, main reason why I planned on rebuilding my own.Anyone having a rebuildable ,reasonably priced 700r4, please let me know.