Howdy everybody, It has been a while since I have have been on here, well I have myself a project coming up next week. As you already know I have a 1995 Ram 2500 Van, has Chrysler 9.25 axle with 3.55 gear, custom built 46RH, and the legendary 5.2L, so on so forth. As stupid as it may sound trying to make this van into a performance machine (lol). But why not? It would be fun!
Well after many years of service my stock driveshaft has finally began to show it's faults, vibrations, bad rust, so on. So I called up the gentlemen at Dynotech and ordered myself a custom shaft but it's quite the upgrade from stock.

I ordered a custom made 4140 DOM Steel Shaft, 4" X .083" with a Spicer Cast Slip Yoke, Spicer 1350 Solid Body U-Joints, and like all Dynotech Shafts they are balanced at a minimum of 5,000 RPM to a maximum of 8,000. This replacement shaft is much lighter then stock so maybe I will see an improvement with launch and possibly long term fuel economy.

What makes this upgrade special is the fact that the stock driveline uses Chrysler 7290 U-Joints and my new shaft uses 1350's. So part of this wonderful project is replacing my pinion yoke with a Forged Steel, Victory Performance 1350 Pinion Yoke for the Chrysler 9.25, a very hard to find part but not impossible. This is a major upgrade and a very special upgrade as finding 1350's on a Chrysler 9.25 isn't very common especially when married to a 46RH, more popular among the straight 727's but generally with a Dana 60 Axle.

As I have just ordered the driveshaft this past Friday, Dynotech will not be able to begin making it until Tuesday due to holiday weekend. The sales rep was very kind and informed me it would probably ship on Thursday or Friday of this week (yay).

Once I get the driveshaft I will post pictures of the it. I also have a photo of the pinion yoke somewhere.

So stay tuned to this thread as I update it with photos of my work. First step will be replacing the pinion yoke.

Since last Christmas I have:
Rebuilt transmission
Replace Rear Shocks
Replace fuel pump, tank mount hardware and rubber filler tube grommet
Replace axle bearings and seals
Re-wrapped ECM harnesses
And so on.

The stock shaft has gone straight to hell with rust,
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Yep, I need new exhaust system that's for dam sure. But a little at a time gets it done.

But subscribe to this thread and fallow along.