The memorial for Al Brown will be on Saturday June 9th at 12:30 at Vanfest 17. Members of Al's family will be in attendance as well as many of Al's vanner friends from almost 40 years of vanning.

100 Memorial patches have been made. If you can't attend Vanfest and knew Al let me know and I'll save one for you, otherwise you need to be at Vanfest to buy one. If there are any leftover afterwards then we'll make them available to everyone.

[Linked Image]

I should have the cancer charity that the family has agreed on this coming weekend. I'm hoping that we can raise $1000 in Al's name for the charity with the proceeds from the patches that were donated by the Ontario Federation of Vanners as well as some other items that will be either auctioned online or through a silent auction at the event.

Al meant so much to vanners here in Canada and was friends with vanners all around the world. He pretty much started vanning as we know it up here. His original newsletter the Ontario Federation of Truckers was one of the first in vanning and helped set the wheels in motion for events like the CofC. He was the single most influential vanner on myself and many others.