Uncle Fester was right. The Q-bond worked great! The plastic overhead console is now fixed. Just need to paint and recover the 4 panels. http://s1175.photobucket.com/albums/r639/mlarky1957/?action=view&current=IMG_2590.jpg
There was one long wide crack that was a bit of a challenge, but I managed to get it sealed. I'm still going over a couple of ways to add support to it so there (hopefully) won't be any more cracks. Still need to figure out how to mount the CB radio in the thing, and a few switches. First of course run the wires for functions, and after I decide which CB antenna to use ( budget will also be a factor...), run that cable. But I am one big step closer. Thanks for the Q-bond recommendation Fester! Now I will need to tackle some other trim piece repairs.

As for the wife's convertible glass re-glueing, I made several calls to upholstery shops. None wanted to give advice other than quote a repair fee. One even said I would need a whole new top without even seeing the car...$2500? Yikes!! I finally called a body shop I had worked with, and he told me exactly how to fix it. He sold me a tube of 3M windshield adhesive and it worked great. I am now my wife's hero again. smile