[Linked Image]

I have had my timing cover off twice. The first time I wish I had more attention to which bolt went where, and the order which the brackets/ accessories must go back on. I did several dry runs before feeling confident enough to use the RTV and committ.

The second time I pulled each bolt from a piece of cardboard with a general sketch of the bolt hole pattern but still did not write down the order of removal and wound op doing a dry run or 2 as well, and using gasket glue to hold the gasket to the cover, because I messed that up the first time.

The bolt holes which penetrate the water jacket, smear the threads with RTV, and let it cure somewhat before refilling the block with coolant. These are common sources of coolant leak In my experience.

I also have 2 bolts which keep loosening up and start leaking slightly, and need to bust out a 9/16 open ended wrench every 3 weeks or so. One time I smeared the outside of the bolt heads with threadlocker red, and got 2 months before retorque was required.

You're not reusing the water pump are you?