C1run1, No name yet, it will probably be awhile before we decide on one, have a couple of ideas but no rush.

Ken, yep not to sure ourselves about the large bay windows, but we have some on Star Dreamer and they really add a lot of flow through cheap a/c when you open the windows. They will stay for now but they need some rework as they were not mounted properly. If we get lucky and can find clean no window sides for it then we might consider filling them in before final paint.

Wookee, yep, most of the metal work is in pretty good shape, some of the skim coat body filler is chipping off but that was too be expected, didn't see any real think bondo, but won't know until we start stripping it. Most of the rust is at the back lower area and along the very bottom at the sides where it sat too close to the ground moisture. Couple of rust holes in the floor pan in the corners but that is to be expected, most of the floor is in pretty good shape. the rear clam shell door hinges are shot and will have to be redone, and the side gull wing door will need to have new hinges (binds up) and a new frame work around the door (too flimsy)

Munz, what you and wookee said is what I meant, it was a left over front end from a 64, It wasn't swapped over. I saw that it did not have the 2 lower slots that the later 65's did.

Virtual, I think my son as plans for it, I paid for it but he has a big smile on his face, similar to what he had when he sat in Nautilus at Van fest. It is at hi shouse and he will be doing most of the work on it. He plans to put his 71 Chevy pickup for sale that as a chopped top on it to help fund this project.

Couple of more pics:

Getting ready for it's first bath in 10 years:
[Linked Image]

Looks like something had been climbing on it:
[Linked Image]

Bath time, Inside and out:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

All clean, well mostly:
[Linked Image]

Big smiles from my son:, just wait!:
[Linked Image]

Initial plans are just to see if we can get it running (and stopping) and throw it in rat rod paint (primer & flat black?) and then decide where to go from there. We won't have much time to work on it till later in the year. Need to do some research to see if we can find the original builder.

Star Dreamer
78 Full Custom Chevy
Ramblin Vans - HVC
Honorary Mild to Wild Van Member - Houston, TX.
She's not a trailer queen, she is just on vacation!
She even pulls trailers!

[Linked Image]2017 Van Nationals Show and Shine by buckeyebackup08, on Flickr