Well I am being a bit piggy, my van does get 17.73 MPG at 70 MPH.

I want more....

I think the computer controled FI either TBI or TPI is the best way to go...and will give it to me.

I am getting a Romulator that with my Laptop will let me tweak and fine tune the Van like a $3000.00 dyno tune and blueprint job...and I can do it over and over again and again...

The problem with carbs is the get messed up at low RPMs and will dump fuel with you get low vacuun...

And timing control...all machanial..very limited range I have seen a computer controled system go from 40 BTDC to 40 ATDC in a split second, and knock sensors will and can save your motor...

Add in that the average life of Carb motors was 100,000... but I have seen FI motor easly do 200/400,000 miles... My friend Jon has 2004 Ford F250 Van with 400,000 on it, and it still runs good.

I think because of the delay in starting which allow oil pressure to get up and no shot of gas pumped in my the accurator pump every start up...

I would not go back to a carb and spark system unless a Nuke was air bursted and burned out the clips...until then give me FI.

My 2 cents worth.. as a 61 year old car nut...

Rich