Since the Van is turned around in the shop now and the side door and front doors are accessable now it's time to get some easy stuff done just to have a little vacation from the cleanup. When I brought the van back in the shop and opened the side door I realized that I had not hooked up the alternator...OOPS so after a small scramble I got that done. Didn't seem to have hurt anything so no worries ! [Linked Image]
So I got the wondow kit out and opened up the packages and sorting out the parts and getting tools ready.took off the door cover
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] This Kit is made by Electric life available through Summit raceing or direct from the factory . I found this kit on sale just in time for a very good price. the lighted , billit switches and main harness were a little pricey but for what I saved it was still a good deal.
[Linked Image]
Joe (J&J )gave me a door kit left over from his street rod shop which gives a really clean look to the door opening so no wires are visible
[Linked Image]
Getting the regulators out was a piece of cake . I used a nail set , a skinny long punch after i looked inside the door and couldnt find a bolt head or anything resembling one . I just hit the bullseye with a punch and it moved. BANG ,BANG ,BANG, and one allen screw to remove the window crank handle and out came the regulator. I slid the new electric regulator up into the door and hooked the roller into the bottom of the window and got one 1/4-28 screw into one of the three holes where the rivets were and raised the wondow up by hand and the other two hole linedright up with their corresponding holes . That was easy Got one side mounted and started looking at the wireing ... more later

Cheers!

Been There, done that, Member of those....

Built for comfort not for speed angel....Well speed too !...smile

I am a vanner, Promise me the world, give me nothing, I'll be back ... next year !
[Linked Image]