Hi everyone!

This might seem like a stupid question, but Im pretty new in both Vans, and V8`s so i hope its ok that i ask you guys some questions.:)

Im thinking of buying a 81 chevy G20 van cause the body is just like i want for my project, but the engine is Broken.(it got a big crack in the block. and its a 305)
I want to Put in a 350 engine in it instead. and i also need some interior parts and some body sheetmetal parts. SO i was thinking of buying anouther van as a donorcar.
What year "s" did chevy Vans have the strongest 350 engines? Are the "old" carburettor engine or the newer TBI engines the best? I know that its not just a "yes/no" question, but im wery gratefull for anny tips and replies:o) My thought is that maybe the carburettor engines are easyer and cheaper to tune etc.? But i guess they also use a little bitt more fuel? Or maybe im thinking wrong? My planes arent to have a Dragstrip van or annything like that, but a Nice "alround" van that i can go on hollydays with and chruuse, but also have fun with, and to be able to use it as a tow car for my "racecar". when im going to the track. And of course the most inportant thing! that it is strong enough to do some burnouts to show al the youngsters at carshows that you can have Alot of fun with outher cars than just Toyota supras an BMWs.:) hehe:D

thanks in advance!

Best Regards
Jan Egil